Author Topic: When Do You Find The Time To Watch DVDs?  (Read 18824 times)

Offline weddingsingr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • And I am a material girl... or boy.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: When Do You Find The Time To Watch DVDs?
« Reply #30 on: Jun 09, 2001 at 08:25 AM »
Not only time management but the factor of what DVD to watch is what I consider also.

The noisy concert, sci-fi, or action ones are good during the day on weekends or early evenings like until around 10 p.m. only - baka kasi magreklamo na ang mga kapitbahay.  Bitin naman kasi kung hinaan ang sound.

Kung medyo horror or thriller, dapat gabi with the lights off.

Kung Anime, or anything for the kids eh I watch is during weekends with my pamangkins para 1 panooran na lang.

Kung medyo drama, mahirap naman kung too late na in the evening or early afternoon kasi baka makatulog ka naman so dapat late morning or early evening din.
« Last Edit: Jan 01, 1970 at 08:00 AM by 1016344800 »

Offline bently

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Jun 09, 2001 at 09:43 AM »

Not only time management but the factor of what DVD to watch is what I consider also.

The noisy concert, sci-fi, or action ones are good during the day on weekends or early evenings like until around 10 p.m. only - baka kasi magreklamo na ang mga kapitbahay.  Bitin naman kasi kung hinaan ang sound.

Kung medyo horror or thriller, dapat gabi with the lights off.

Kung Anime, or anything for the kids eh I watch is during weekends with my pamangkins para 1 panooran na lang.

Kung medyo drama, mahirap naman kung too late na in the evening or early afternoon kasi baka makatulog ka naman so dapat late morning or early evening din.

good point.... weddingsinger....
but sometimes you have to be carefull with those anime
since they may also show some nudity like ninja scroll...
.·´ `·. . ><((((º> . .·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . <º))))><
.·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . ><((((º> .·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . .
·. . .·´ `·. . .><((((º>.·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . .·´ `·. .

Offline weddingsingr

• DVD Guru
  • And I am a material girl... or boy.
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Jun 09, 2001 at 01:29 PM »
Correct ka diyan.

That's why I usually ask those who have seen it first kung pwede sa kids, not only for the nudity but the level of violence as well. I was actually surprised when I watched Princess Monoke as I was not expecting the violent cutting of limbs and heads. Good thing my pamangkins watching at that time are teens and are used to watching such kind of Anime.

But for adult Anime, pwede na siya late at night, not much need naman for high volume level, especially for those with stereo option only for English audio.

Offline vacuumtubes

• DVD Guru
  • Smile!
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Oct 05, 2001 at 06:51 PM »
BRO,

karaniwan ay late at night para tahimik ang paligid at kahit mahina lang ang volume ay nadidinig ko pa rin yung mga details at syempre hindi na rin pwersado yung amplifier kasi mas pleasing to the ears kung soft and smooth sounds lang para pag nag-bass ay parang gumagapang ang vibration at hindi masakit sa dibdib. kasi mas preferred ko yung mahinang tunog pero in details naman pag napakinggan mo lalo na pag nakatoe-in yung front speakers.

ESi okey ba yun? and RobertJ too?

thanx,

vax

Offline muscleboy

• Collector
  • Pinoy Canadian :)
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Oct 06, 2001 at 01:54 AM »
Well, it's a matter of setting your priorities. We have to admit that we can't do everything at the same time so you will really have to find time watching DVDs.
I usually watch at least once or twice a week and would start playing not later than 9pm or I wouldn't be able to finish it.
Yamaha | Paradigm | SVS | Pioneer Elite | PS3 | Apple Tv | Panasonic | EluneVision | Primacoustic

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #35 on: Oct 07, 2001 at 05:11 AM »
Just a food for thought---isn't it lame to be literally Slaves of Technology?  That's what my relatives call me.  I am in my own sense am happy with my little world which I could just once in a while be after work and from the grind.  Just a single song from a concert DVD before going to work while dressing up is a relaxing thing for me. It is a breather, a break from the fast paced cruel world outside.  But it seems that there are a lot of things to do for such little time.  So you intend to buy a laptop with DVD-ROM (w/c I did) or a portable player just to satisfy the craving to watch your addicting stuff (the nicotine or metamphetamines--in our case DVDs) that raises our senses to its fullest everytime you pop in a disc even on the uncalled for time.  The craving is just so intense you just have to let loose and sometimes have to sacrifice a day or two to catch up on your viewing. This is not  good...not good...but again happiness is a piece of disc playing machinery and a round silver disc! ;D ;D ;D

Offline wcvmorasa

• DVD Addict
  • You want me to do that? Make me.
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Oct 07, 2001 at 07:42 AM »
hmm. i guess i dont have too much of a problem when to watch dvd as I only have no more than 20 movies in my collection (ok ok, 30 if you count the pirated ones) and I make sure I dont buy what I can't watch within 2 days. (",)

Offline Komikero

• Konsehal
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Oct 07, 2001 at 08:29 AM »
It's easier for me because my job is based here at home where I got a TV in front of my drawing table. I'd usually watch a movie on DVD that I have not seen before around the time I go to bed, which is around 10pm, then watch it with all my attention until 12, then I go to sleep. The next morning, I turn the disc on again and listen to the commentary while I draw.

Sometimes I just have to make time, if it's a film that I really want to see. When I got Crumb from Charbit, I took 2 hours off from work in the afternoon to watch it. I admit that I can't do that with an office job, but I guess that's why I enjoy my job so much. :)

Offline FLIM

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Oct 07, 2001 at 08:06 PM »
Early in the morning!Around 4:30 in the a.m when everyone is sound asleep. Just me and the dvd.Like KOMIKERO I watch it first with the main track Then later in the evening after work,this time with the commentary on.    

Offline woodie520

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdie Partner!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Oct 07, 2001 at 11:34 PM »
Well .. sa akin ... after office .. from 4:00pm to 6:00 before news ... nag play ako ng mga gusto kong panoorin ... pero .. sa weekend talaga ako pede ... pero .. lagi ko naman pinapasyal syempre ang esmi at ang little nikki namin .. kaya back to afternoon ulit ako manood  :-/

woodie520 ;)

Offline xlr8

• Collector
  • Faster than a speeding cow!
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Oct 20, 2001 at 04:19 AM »
Nang binili ko ang home theater system ko, ma-isa lang ako sa bahay, nasa bukid ang bahay ko. Pinapanood ko ang Saving Private Ryan DTS alas dos ng umaga.

Pero ngayon, may mga kasama na ko sa bahay. Hirap manood ng masyadong malakas. Tapos, biglang dumami ang trabaho sa negosyo. Kaya ngayon, mas madalas na ko sa Pinoydvd.com keysa manood ng dvd.

At sa pagdating na mahabang bakasyon mula Oct 31-Nov4, wala akong gagawin kundi manood at manood ng mga pinagbibili ko.

Only then will I have time to savor my dvd's.

Faster than a speeding cow!

Offline Mo®pHeOu$

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • GO GREEN: LET'S DO OUR SHARE IN SAVING OUR PLANET
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Oct 20, 2001 at 05:12 AM »
;D ;D  Ako during weekends lang madalas.....kasi pag weekdays eh gabi na kami nakakarating ni misis sa bahay kaya pagod na tulog na lang....

during weekends naman eh ...yun....dun yung masarap manood...after the chores eh nood na!!! ;D ;D

Offline alfred

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #42 on: Oct 20, 2001 at 07:11 PM »
During weekdends and sometimes during my weekday off.  :D

Offline espace

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Nov 23, 2001 at 08:47 AM »

We usually try to watch our new purchases right away, in reality, we actually get to watch only on weekends. Gets to the point where new purchases sit unopened a few weeks before watching.

Some weeknights too, towards the end of the week when possible.

It seems to be a better joy when you have to sneak watching a DVD than when you can watch it at anytime ;)

Your attitude is your life.
Maximize your options.
Never take anything too seriously.

Offline downtown

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Nov 23, 2001 at 08:07 PM »
If only there was enough time in a day to do all the things i want. We (me and the wife) get home around 7:15 after going to the gym. The good thing about living in the province is there is NO TRAFFIC. After having dinner, the wife watches Star Movies mandarin or whatever chinese vcd's or vhs she has rented. I either play on the PC (I have more than 10 games installed since i buy almost every pirated game that comes out) We start watching DVD's at around 9 or 9:30, except for Wednesday which is CSI night, Friday is basketball night or when we go out to the movies.

In addition, I still have lots of magazines (about 8 a month) and books of all kinds that i like to read and also find time to play console games(Dreamcast and PS).

Offline bently

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Jan 23, 2002 at 03:42 PM »
since it's winter again...i now have more time to watch my favorite dvd's...my average right now is 1.5 dvd's a day :)

i get off work at 4:30 pm, get an early dinner at 6:30 watch 2 dvd's and go to bed by 12...

bently

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Jan 23, 2002 at 04:26 PM »

since it's winter again...i now have more time to watch my favorite dvd's...my average right now is 1.5 dvd's a day :)

i get off work at 4:30 pm, get an early dinner at 6:30 watch 2 dvd's and go to bed by 12...

bently

Hmmm.. we must be office mates. I get off work at 4:30 too.  And yeah, winter is a good time to watch a lot of dvds especially if you're stuck inside because of snow storms or blizzards.

Just this weekend, in between shovelling snow,  I (or we hehehe) watched the football game and 5 movies .. got that ? F-I-V-E movies !!!! How many more snow storm I have to endure ? I don't know .. it's just starting.

Offline barfbag

• Apprentice
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Jan 23, 2002 at 09:09 PM »
aside from weekends, usually when the kids are asleep. and kung walang lakad, mga 10pm onwards. 1-2 movies depende kung hindi pa inaantok.

Offline LYON

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Jan 24, 2002 at 08:24 AM »
Before, i used to watch my dvds around midnight, when i get home from work. Pero ngayon weekends na lang. :o

Offline utoy

• DVD Addict
  • the noxious in obnoxious
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Jan 25, 2002 at 03:41 AM »
Others watch 30-minute soap operas daily, while I watch 30 minutes off of my DVD movie of the week (no distractions).

Offline himura

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • D'oh!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Jan 25, 2002 at 03:49 AM »
After work... eat a quick dinner, wash up and then settle down and watch a movie. Sometimes, I just play around with some of the special features of the DVD that I never tried before (yung SW:TPM DVD nde pa nga ako nangangalahati eh...)

And then sa weekends, if I stay home... babad ako sa mga DVDs ko...

Offline dzone23

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Jan 25, 2002 at 03:54 AM »
u guys get off work rather early, here it's 6 or 630.  :(

Offline bently

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Jan 25, 2002 at 02:02 PM »

Hmmm.. we must be office mates. I get off work at 4:30 too.  

i really get off at 3:30...pero i'm just putting a bit of overtime...:-* sip-sip

pag summer hindi mo na ako makikita sa office by 2:30...
nasa golf course na ako by then  ;D

bently

Offline bubuyog

• Collector
  • Not the jolly type
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Jan 26, 2002 at 02:33 AM »
Watching DVD's is a deliberate endeavor for me as I usually go for the optimum results my HT room can offer, which means picking the right time when unavoidable distractions are kept in check.  Just like in the Kenwood radio ad, it should be a time when phone calls, hunger pangs, fidgety kids, and car horn-crazy neighbors are least likely to disrupt the closest thing one can get to an impeccable theater experience.

An observation worth sharing here is that whenever I come to that most ideal viewing condition, an unforeseen factor gets in the way: I always fall asleep in the middle of the movie.  

The main cause for this was quite difficult to trace. It was not the movie, because the same result happens be it a drama, a comedy, or an action flick I'm watching.  Time factor wasn't it, either, as I've tried watching during the day, but to no avail.  And medical findings show that I'm not narcoleptic, nor have I known myself to have a short attention span.

All I can do right now is put the blame on the HT room itself!  The two-seater La-Z-Boy occupying the room's sweet spot is so comfy (especially when reclined) I always doze off on it.  Add to that the air-conditioning in full-blast and the lights off.  Apparently, my earnest desire to factor in comfort for my viewing pleasure has created for me an environment that is perfectly conducive to, umm, slumber.  

Who says DVD addicts don't have profound dilemmas? ;D

But I digress...

PEACE :)

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Jan 26, 2002 at 04:51 AM »
bubuyog- Why won't you try coffee and DVD. It is quite a good combination lalo na kung magmamarathon ka.  Try eating chips, popcorn or Kopiko to keep awake. Or maybe palitan mo ang lazy boy mo ng bed of nails...siguradong gising at duguan ka.

Seriously, try to take a nap first and when you wake up...DVD kaagad sure yan matatapos mo.

Just an advise. Hehe! ;D

Offline lazy_maze

• Collector
  • You imbecile!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Jan 26, 2002 at 06:16 AM »

All I can do right now is put the blame on the HT room itself!  The two-seater La-Z-Boy occupying the room's sweet spot is so comfy (especially when reclined) I always doze off on it.  Add to that the air-conditioning in full-blast and the lights off.  Apparently, my earnest desire to factor in comfort for my viewing pleasure has created for me an environment that is perfectly conducive to, umm, slumber.  

Who says DVD addicts don't have profound dilemmas? ;D

But I digress...

PEACE :)

bubuyog,

Like what nirvblakr mentioned, I have observed that whenever I take a long nap(undisturbed), I can watch a movie without falling asleep, (2 movies the most). I watch lying in bed but never fall asleep. This happens usually on "work-free" days. I take a nap around 2 PM, wake up after 2 or 3 hours and I'm ready to go.

The only time I do fall asleep is when I find the movie boring or when I'm really tired.

On weekdays, the only time slot I have is after I get home from the office. It also depends on my mood. But I try to make it a habit to see one movie a day.

Offline Geoffrey

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Jan 31, 2002 at 10:06 PM »
I used to watch DVD after i get home from work but now only during weekends nalang. That's because Amor Powers, Ina, Angeline and the rest of the gang becomes the favorite TV Soap opera of my wife and daughter....Grrrr >:(  ;D ;D

Offline bently

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Jan 31, 2002 at 10:54 PM »
just got dumped with 5 inches of snow today
and with more snow overnight, then turning to ice :o...
so i'll be taking a personal day tomorrow  :D
and just bury myself in my dvd viewing  ;D
hopefully i can find time to my file my taxes too! ;)

bently

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Feb 01, 2002 at 03:19 PM »

I used to watch DVD after i get home from work but now only during weekends nalang. That's because Amor Powers, Ina, Angeline and the rest of the gang becomes the favorite TV Soap opera of my wife and daughter....Grrrr >:(  ;D ;D

Pre, maybe its time to buy another TV...Hehe! ;D

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Feb 05, 2002 at 05:55 AM »
I am cursed and blessed that I can watch DVDs at any time of the day. I have a home office( well actually, the bedroom is my office ) and its a blessing coz i get to watch whenever I feel like it, pero cursed, in a way, coz I sometimes get pulled from my "work" and do all my work later.
Yun nga lang, I usually watch DVDs on PC, coz as much as id like to watch it on TV, my daughter would just scream her lungs out if she sees me touching the DVD player and not inserting Barney or Teletubbies or Sesame Street.