Author Topic: Shipping LCD HDTV from US to Phil. in balikbayan box door 2 door SAFE???  (Read 2727 times)

Offline dagget

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Good day,

I would like to ask anyone who has shipped a LCD HDTV 40-50" in size to the Philippines in a balikbayan courier service door to door.

Did the unit arrive intact?

Did it have major/minor damage?

Thanks

Offline mardoc

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Bro, I just arrived from Canada. Naisip ko rin yang idea mo ngayon, shipping LCD TV from Toronto to Manila. It takes a lot of hustle to do that. First, shipping is expensive, kinukuha ang measurement ng box mo and from there  make their computatioin. 2nd, these door to door company does not like to take the responsibility for your goods(TV for example) if ever it breaks, so there is no assurance that it would reach you intact unless you take the risks. So if something happens, sayang naman yung ginastos mo. You can buy those LCD TVs which are now relatively cheap there, but with the shipping lumalabas parang pareho din dito.

I ended up bringing home a compact BENQ DLP PROJECTOR, which I just carry  in my handcarry bag sans all the hustle at intact pang dumating dito. Now I'm enjoying it in a 100" diagonal screen.

This is just my honest opinion.

Offline ericag_ph

• DVD Addict
  • Oompa Loompas rule!!
  • Liked:
I've shipped a lot of stuff via door-to-door...even a TV (CRT) which arrived ok and lasted  at least 12 yrs.

However, one PC I shipped arrived medyo nayupi (dented) ang chassis (case)...imagine na lang if that was your TV.  You could try shipping it in its orignal box, but remember, there will be other boxes that will be placed on top of yours, since your box would be larger and heavier than the others.

I have also seen how those door-to-door guys handled my boxes when I shipped them out...total disregard to what's inside it (of course they had no idea what was really inside), they even rolled (pinagulong) my heavier boxes on the side like a boulder (didn't follow the "this side up"/"fragile" sign on the box).

As long as the box you use is bigger than their standard door-to-door boxes, they will charge differently.

If you are a balikbayan, shipping everything in your house back to manila, and you will be renting an entire 20-40' container, then I'd buy the largest LCD I can afford and ship it with the rest of my stuff. You will have total control of how it will be placed in the container.  Other than that, I wouldn't risk it.

Good day,

I would like to ask anyone who has shipped a LCD HDTV 40-50" in size to the Philippines in a balikbayan courier service door to door.

Did the unit arrive intact?

Did it have major/minor damage?

Thanks
« Last Edit: Nov 24, 2006 at 03:23 PM by ericag_ph »

Offline eaferrer

• Collector
  • So little time, So many gadgets to buy ....
  • Liked:
I made the most daring move bringing a 32 inches lcd tv to manila from riyadh as an accompanied bagage :).
Damn! I was praying inside the plane that nothing bad will happen. Ilang beses bumalentong sa carousel bago ko nakuha (30 kilos). Pagdaan sa customs officer sinita ako, ano daw laman ng box , sabi ko bisikleta lang hahaha nakalusot. Bottom line , my 32" lcd tv is still working perfect but i will not dare bring another big tv again.... :D :D to risky

Offline baby

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Guru
  • who are you calling a llama???
  • Liked:
Ok yang palusot na yan a.  Your lucky bro.  Now that just gives me an idea. 

Offline el-el

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
I made the most daring move bringing a 32 inches lcd tv to manila from riyadh as an accompanied bagage :).
d**n! I was praying inside the plane that nothing bad will happen. Ilang beses bumalentong sa carousel bago ko nakuha (30 kilos). Pagdaan sa customs officer sinita ako, ano daw laman ng box , sabi ko bisikleta lang hahaha nakalusot. Bottom line , my 32" lcd tv is still working perfect but i will not dare bring another big tv again.... :D :D to risky

naks! buti na lang nakalusot at di na nila hinalungkat at binuksan....  :D

Offline jojitv

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Into The Blu...
  • Liked:
I also thought of shipping one from the US since some 32" LCDs are selling for as low as $700. But it's just too risky. Decided to get one here.
SARS!!!

Offline vwbeetle

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
my friends and I buy stuff regularly from the states and have them shipped here. weve shipped several LCD tvs with no problems at all. just this thanksgiving we bought several again, and had them shipped. i'll let you know if they arrive safe but so far we've had no problems. its all in the way you pack them.