Author Topic: 2006 Brands Comparison Thread: YES 32" vs OXXO 32"  (Read 18326 times)

Offline IceTea

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Temet Nosce.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hi,

Question lang.  Yung Multi Picture function ba ng mga LCDs includes all sources?  For example, pwede ka bang manood ng cable habang  nanood ng DVD?  For those with PC input, pwede ka bang magcomputer habang nanonood ng cable o dvd?  TIA.   :)

Offline gio_raiden

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
Months ago i have the same prob as u... V32A10 vs LA 32R71b... but settled w/t Samsung coz of the price diff. & trade-in promo up for grap at that time. Also take note that Sony Asia haven't release the true Bravia Engine still offering the Wega Engine expect this upgrade in the next Bravia model. As for my Summy i love the picture quality & its design. My only cons is has a poor sound quality esp at ur local tv & no Multi-PIP tuner. But your surround sound setup is the solution! Finaly if you have the MONEY go SONY but is VALUE your MONEY go with Samsung. Actual testing still the best option. :D

Offline darkwing

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
Yup, laki talaga kasi ng price diff, last time i checked 60k yung diff, so better value either Samsung/Hitachi for now

Offline antski

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
@odontek

so which unit did you end up buying? :)

Hi guys, thanks for all the help. Isa pang inquiry sana, I have decided to get an HD TV na delay lang ang purchase but I'm getting it this Sat but the thing is I cannot decide which one to get between the Pioneer PD 436HDG or the Hitachi PD428800TA. I have till saturday to decide so your commentaries regarding this two sets will be very welcome.

Does having 2 HDMI input help to make my investment future proof? Sorry for the ignorance but kahit anong basa ko ng reviews hindi ko maintindihan :'(. As always I just rely on you guys to help me make a better judgement.

I just bought an xbox 360 and HD daw ito but as i remember component lang ang connection nito. Saan ba ginagamit tong HDMI, paumanhin po ulit.

Salamat.

Offline pilsen

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
Finally got my Samsung LA32R71B. Got it for 89k with the HTIB P10 and 18 months. 0% interest in Abenson Glorietta. I think its a pretty good deal. Hooked it up to cable and picture was great out of the box. Connected by XBOX 360 and hello HD experience. Overall I'm happy with my purchase. Although, its only been 2 days sicne I got the TV. My only complaint was the remote it came with didn't come with AAA batteries like most TV sets do. Funny they overlooked such a small detail. Had to go out to the nearest ministop to go get batteries. But if you're comparing it to the V series then I think the PQ of the V series is definitely much better. I was sitting right beside the V series while waiting for the sales dude to get everything in order for my purchase and colors were really so much more vibrant and alive but it was almost double the price of the samsung. The S series of Sony though sucks when compared to other LCDs, i feel like the colors are all wrong, could be just the setting.

Offline fong

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
hi pilsen,

what's the total bill? 89K which includes TV, phone and at 18 months to pay?

I'm almost sold na dun sa samsung. now i have to look for the stores that offer the best deals. yung hitachi kasi bka may problema sa warranty...

Offline sirhcuss_v2

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Apprentice
  • Gamer since 5 years old!!
  • Liked:
Syntax LCD 32 inch vs Samsung Slim fit wide 32 inch
« Reply #66 on: Jun 25, 2006 at 04:01 PM »
mga bros ok ba ung syntax lcd??? meron ako nakita gateway 32 inch widescreen at napaka affordable price nya for a student like me, 80k sya, tapos 2 yrs to pay 0 interest. ang model num nya is SLC-3218
HDTV ready na sya.

170 degree viewing angle
16:9 aspect ratio
picture freeze
progressive scan
SRS surround system
1366x768xRGB
12 ms

ok na po ito, planning to buy kase next month. pang xbox 360 ko ito at pang DVD viewing po. :)
« Last Edit: Jun 28, 2006 at 06:03 PM by fooguy42 »

Offline marche

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
i got the Samsung one. i brought a Spiderman orig DVD to the store and compared the samsung and the bravia S series. Mas maganda ung colors ng samsung. also, i also tried to play a DIVX encoded Lost on DVDR on the samsung home theater, it played soooooooooooo gooood HDTV tlga. the DVDR didnt play on the sony player (and to think Sony pa DVD+R ko hahaha). i got a deal na 87,000 with trade up, and the home theater to boot (included in the price). kaya lang cash upfront siya.

but the guy offered me 99,900 for the TV, free cellphone, home theater at 12 months 0% interest. so i guess it wont be hard to get the unit with home theater at 89,900 (w/ trade up, no free cellphone) at 12 months

Offline audibleillusions

• Collector
  • Hi-fi, HT,Professional Audio and Video Store
  • Liked:
dapat fair
compair it to hdtv to hdtv
480p to 480p
720p to 720p comparison para maganda ang laban

An HDTV-compatible TV usually uses a 16:9 aspectratio. The high resolution images (1920 pixels × 1080 lines or 1280 pixels × 720 lines) allow much more detail to be showncompared to analog television or regular DVDs. MPEG-2 is currently used as thecompression codec. The images are expected to be at least 6 times as sharp as standard definition television or analog television. Like NTSC and PAL, most 1920 × 1080 broadcasts use interlacing to reduce bandwidth demands. Alternating scan lines are broadcast 60 times a second, similar toNTSC's 60 Hz interlacing. This format is entitled 1080i, or 1080i60. In areastraditionally using PAL 50 Hz 1080i50 is also used. Progressivescan formats are also used with frame rates up to 60 per second. The 1280 × 720 format in practice is always progressive scan (with the entire frame refreshed each time) and is thustermed 720p. Several US broadcasters currently broadcast 720p60 content. A mix ofinterlaced and progressive scan is also encountered, where the 1080i60 (or 50) signal can be deinterlaced by simple weaving of fields to frames, giving in effect a 1080p30 (or 25) image.

A progressive-scan image is painted onto a screen as one swath, rather than two passes needed for interlaced TV. Progressive scan approach produces a more stable, solid picture. The resulting boost in image quality is awesome. In fact, some people believe that the difference between interlaced and progressive TV is more striking than the difference between standard and High-Definition digital TV.

Offline pilsen

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
total bill is 89900. 18 months to pay. ) % interest with free home theater in a box. HT P-10. 

Offline crenshaw

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
pilsen! san mo nakuha yung samsung deal mo? sino hahanapin ko? para di nako makipagtawaran  ;D

Offline turismo1997

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 248
wow ang galing maki pag haggle ni pilsen ;D...

total bill is 89900. 18 months to pay. ) % interest with free home theater in a box. HT P-10. 

Offline fong

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
pilsen,

actually got the same deal! ginamit ko lang reference mo para sabihin na "barkada" ko naka kuha! ehhehe

lookg for bong iglesias guys, siya tumulong sa akin.

Offline pilsen

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
good good.  ;D Happy to share my bargain hunting adventures.

Offline pilsen

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
Abenson Glorietta.  ;D

pilsen! san mo nakuha yung samsung deal mo? sino hahanapin ko? para di nako makipagtawaran  ;D

Offline darkwing

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
Re: Syntax LCD help
« Reply #75 on: Jun 27, 2006 at 02:22 AM »
hmm can you post more specs like contrast ratio/input (HDMI?), response time etc :)

Offline barrid

• DVD Guru
  • What's on your mind?
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Jun 27, 2006 at 04:44 AM »
I'm a proud owner of Syntax Olevia 27". One year na ito sa akin, so far wala pang problema.  ;)
There's something to learn everyday

Offline yakisoba

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Let The Games Begin!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: Jun 27, 2006 at 06:59 AM »
Sntax Olevia is a good brand.  I was supposed to buy one late last year but instead decided to get a projector.   Where did you see the unit? They offer 2 years to pay 0% interest??  hmm ...

Offline Dracula

• DVD Addict
  • There is a choice...death or immortality....
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Jun 27, 2006 at 08:08 AM »
You can also consider the 32" Samsung R71 you can get it for 89900 18 months 0% interest and includes a samsung HTIB  ;D

Offline kentuy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
thanks pilsen sa info

Offline odontek

• Collector
  • Hi, bear with me I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Re: Plasma HDTV Pioneer PDP436HDG or Hitachi 42PD8800TA
« Reply #80 on: Jun 27, 2006 at 11:25 AM »
Hi Antski, got the Pioneer ;). Thanks to all the guys who shared their thoughts into this thread.  ;)

Offline mika888

• Collector
  • Let's turn it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: Jun 27, 2006 at 12:15 PM »
Hi Antski, got the Pioneer ;). Thanks to all the guys who shared their thoughts into this thread.  ;)

COngrats! :D

From what store did you buy the unit and how much?

Whats your other equipment for the plasma like DVD player etc?
Your eye is the key...

Offline Le_Stat

• Collector
  • Only Taxpayer's should Vote !
  • Liked:
Hitachi vs Samsung vs LG
« Reply #82 on: Jun 27, 2006 at 10:29 PM »
HITACHI  32LD380TA
LG 32LX2R 
Samsung 32 ???R71 (sorry di ko kabisado.  nakita ko palang kanina)

All have HDMI and very good PQ.  Help me decide pls.  Sa features nalang magkakatalo.  All are priced almost the same.

Inputs please.

Tnx.
Only tax payer's should vote !

Offline nels76

• DVD Addict
  • extraordinarily intense AUDIO
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
Re: Hitachi vs Samsung vs LG
« Reply #83 on: Jun 27, 2006 at 10:36 PM »
Pre,

Have this 3 units tested using your XBOX 360.
If ok, then consider tech support / customer service.

If ok still, do more research on the performance.

Kung alin don ang nagustuhan mo, yon ang bilhin mo.

Think wisely kung saan mo talaga paggagamitan.

The Mysterious Gamma Ray Burst

Offline antski

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: Jun 28, 2006 at 10:34 AM »
I'm leaning on the Pioneer na rin.

@mika888

try mo ung Toyoma sa West Avenue.

Offline odontek

• Collector
  • Hi, bear with me I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: Jun 28, 2006 at 11:10 AM »
Whats your other equipment for the plasma like DVD player etc?

Rotel RSX 1065
Rotel RDV 1080
JM Labs Cobalt 816 FS / SW800 / 806

I ended up getting the older model the PDP 4345HDG, got a good deal from D'Cinema in Style in Festival Mall Alabang.

Offline audibleillusions

• Collector
  • Hi-fi, HT,Professional Audio and Video Store
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: Jun 28, 2006 at 11:25 AM »
haaaa
« Last Edit: Jun 28, 2006 at 11:27 AM by audibleillusions »

Offline kentuy

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
pilsen,

actually got the same deal! ginamit ko lang reference mo para sabihin na "barkada" ko naka kuha! ehhehe

lookg for bong iglesias guys, siya tumulong sa akin.

may trade in ka ba na old TV??

Offline Dracula

• DVD Addict
  • There is a choice...death or immortality....
  • Liked:
may trade in ka ba na old TV??

kent bumili ka na ba ng samsung lcd? sabi ni bong from abenson sa iyo daw ibibigay yung approved deal that he got for me....saka na kasi ako kuha when the house is ready na

Offline sirhcuss_v2

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Apprentice
  • Gamer since 5 years old!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: Jun 28, 2006 at 06:02 PM »
@ yaki

sa may 4th floor ata ng gateway, ung automatic center, meron din sa glorieta.sm north wala syntax. parang napapalapit ako sa samsung slim fit tv 32 inch widescreen dahil may 720p pala sya,sabi nung salesman wala daw 480p at 1080i lang kaso kanina pumunta ako glorieta,sa 29 inch nila slim fit,may sticker na nakalagay na HD ready 720p at 1080i. besides mas mura pa sya ng almost 30k. ano po tingin nyo,ano po bilhin ko??? the LCD or the samsung??? pang lalaro ko ito ng xbox 360 at pang dvd ko din. :)