Author Topic: 2006 Brands Comparison Thread: YES 32" vs OXXO 32"  (Read 18332 times)

Offline kentuy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
kent bumili ka na ba ng samsung lcd? sabi ni bong from abenson sa iyo daw ibibigay yung approved deal that he got for me....saka na kasi ako kuha when the house is ready na
yes sir hopefully bukas.. :)

Offline pilsen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
may trade in ka ba na old TV??

yup, a non working 21 inch hitachi TV

Offline fong

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
kentuy,

nope, wala na TV.

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
Re: Syntax LCD help
« Reply #93 on: Jun 30, 2006 at 03:02 PM »
@ yaki

sa may 4th floor ata ng gateway, ung automatic center, meron din sa glorieta.sm north wala syntax. parang napapalapit ako sa samsung slim fit tv 32 inch widescreen dahil may 720p pala sya,sabi nung salesman wala daw 480p at 1080i lang kaso kanina pumunta ako glorieta,sa 29 inch nila slim fit,may sticker na nakalagay na HD ready 720p at 1080i. besides mas mura pa sya ng almost 30k. ano po tingin nyo,ano po bilhin ko??? the LCD or the samsung??? pang lalaro ko ito ng xbox 360 at pang dvd ko din. :)

If you have the space at home, go for the slimfit. CRT displays are still the best so far for this size, specially when it come to black levels (w/c  LCD TVs are poor in). LCD TVs boast contrast ratios of 1,000-3,000:1, from a HT mag I reada Toshibba 34" CRT TV's contrast ratio is at 34k:1!!!

But if you are space restrained (condo living) & "japorms" is in your criteria...go for the LCD  ;)

Offline sphanuel

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
SONY KLV-V40A10 or SAMSUNG LA46M51BX or TOSHIBA 42wl58E
« Reply #94 on: Jun 30, 2006 at 05:21 PM »
Good Day,

Need Help Deciding which one to get.

->SONY

PROS:
      1. Vibrant Colors
      2. WEGA Engine
      3. PIP(dual tuner)     
      4. USB

CONS:
      1. Smallest screen size from the group
      2. No disount from SRP
      3. Wallmount not included

->SAMSUNG

PROS:
      1. Largest screen size from the group
      2. Lots of freebies
      3. Discount from SRP
      4. Extended Warranty(up to 15 months)
      5. Best Costumer Support?

CONS:
      1. Color Seems Pale compare to SONY
      2. PAP(Works only thru HDMI) no dual tuner
      3. Aesthetics(just me)

->TOSHIBA

PROS:
      1. Prize is cheaper compare to samsung and sony(based on SRP and per inch prize)
      2. Feature packed among the three
      3. PIP(dual tuner)
      4. Bridge Media(Memory Card Slot)
      5. HDMIx2

CONS:
      1. Response time is: 10ms compare to samsung and sony at 8 ms
      2. Warranty issues
      3. Wallmount not included

Any Comments/suggestions/recommendations will be much appreciated TIA.

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
SONY 42' LCD Projection vs SAMSUNG 42' DLP
« Reply #95 on: Jul 05, 2006 at 12:11 AM »
Need help lang from the experts, please help my brother from this two products, which is better kaya?

http://www.sony.com.ph/wega/detail.asp?product_id=918&cat_id=3&subcat_id=32&subcat2_id=0

144,990 pesos MODEL KF-E42A10

http://www.samsung.com.ph/

127,000 pesos MODEL SP-42L6HR

I was telling him to get the Samsung, but you may have other thoughts that can help us. Thank you Sir's.

Offline ert

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
hi there! i'd like to know if which is better? i'm planning to buy kasi and they almost have the same price..i'm just a bit confuse which one to buy..hope anyone could help..thanks!
« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2006 at 07:33 PM by ert »

Offline ericag_ph

• DVD Addict
  • Oompa Loompas rule!!
  • Liked:
Re: SONY 42' LCD Projection vs SAMSUNG 42' DLP
« Reply #97 on: Jul 16, 2006 at 10:05 PM »

From experience...

We had 10+ sony appliances in my folk's house (CD player, video players, TVs, camcorder, stereo etc..),
in 3-5 years time -all- of them had problems.
This does not include friends and relatives who also have SONY reliability problems.

I had 1 samsung TV, bought in 1989, and retired it 2003, it was still working.

I have banned any purchase of SONY products in my household.

Offline ericag_ph

• DVD Addict
  • Oompa Loompas rule!!
  • Liked:
I'm for the Samsung LCD. 

I don't want to choose any Plasma (gives off more heat, plus LCD is better on the eyes, and is really better than Plasma - "daw".
I even heard (rumor) Sony is stopping research on Plasma and is moving to LCD purely.

I managed to compare Samsung 40" LCD with it's DLP cousin (52") side-by-side.  The DLP is faded (less bright, less sharp, less intense colors, but it might have been cheaper...coz everyone is going towards LCD/Plasma).  DLP projection TV will not last as long as LCD (need to change the bulbs/lamps at around 10000 hrs). LCD may have the problem of "dead pixels".  Plasma...burn out... all have their problems....

The Samsung 32" and 40" LCD basically had the same color intensity, brightness and sharpness.

See at Western/Festival Mall Alabang for Samsung side-by-side.

But If you can do a side-by-side comparison with the other sets, that would be better. Note the ambient light (is it dark or bright in the room?, and that they may not have adjusted the colors/brightness/tint on the other sets, so you can't even compare them properly.

oh btw, my HT room pictures:
http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=55046.msg601343#msg601343

« Last Edit: Jul 18, 2006 at 12:19 AM by ericag_ph »

Offline gren

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Rawr
  • Liked:
um, this is hardly quantified by a long shot, but let me tell you my story.

i've been looking for a big screen tv for the longest time, i've considered technologies from dlp (not my type, distance required and rainbow effect), lcd rptv (sony ones sucked for me, ugly colours, limited connectivity), to plasma (burn in issues for games, high def is expensive), to lcd (bad as of last year).

then i accidentally saw the thread on the samsung 32" r71b's, then i got back to looking again.  i was amazed: lcd tvs have progressed sooo far from just last year.

so, i looked and looked: 32" tvs were a tad too small, and since i could budget a bit more, i looked at 40"'s.  that got me to choosing between the hitachi 37" 8800's and the samsung 40" r71's.

the hitachi was amazing.  lots of connectivity options (2x hdmi, dual tuner, usb photo, sd card reader) and nice colour management/control (something you can only find in m61 series samsung lcds).  the deal was even sweeter, the hitachi folks were able to give me lower than srp (172k) and longer than 12 month terms (i dont really want to divulge terms as some folks might get angry, but go to western megamall for a nice deal, talk to albert :>) PLUS a DVD handicam (dvd-ram/-r cartridges).

samsung, on the other hand, has limited features vis a vis the hitachi, at a more expensive price 180k. they had a 24 month 0 interest deal going, but your free celphone (a d820 slider phone, nifty :D) can't be had for free at this price.  i haggled it to 18mo with free celphone but the monthly price was too steep.

anyway, i eventually settled for the larger size samsung, as the stock was already available (hitachi would take 3-5 days), and since i'm stuck between the two of these sets, i chose availability as my final criteria :P

well, i'm watching matrix revolutions right now and i have to say that it just rocks. even with a cheapo dvd player with component cables, it rocks so hard.  the blacks (which i am sensitive to) are deep enough for me.  the clarity of images is razor sharp and i dont see much by way of shimmering. in short, its well worth it.

as someone else said: lacking any other comparison to compare your purchase with when it gets installed to your room, the sheer size, resolution and wow factor would override any doubts that you had when you get your set.  just follow the simple rule of buying the best you can afford.  you'd prolly do well to compare after sales service more than anything, oh, and do look around for good deals: you can haggle, even with 12/18/24 0 interest deals.

Offline mike c

• Trade Count: (+154)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Subwoofer Freak
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #100 on: Jul 21, 2006 at 07:38 AM »
i've always bought sony tv's ... we've had 20+ TVs the past 20 years (many rooms kasi) ... none of them had any problems.

pero kung laser disc player, betamax, cd player, radio, receiver, component or kahit anong sony na HINDI TV ... yun ang 100% probability of masisira.
www.mkcinternational.com
Power Sound Audio

Offline Dracula

• DVD Addict
  • There is a choice...death or immortality....
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: Jul 21, 2006 at 09:14 AM »
From experience...

We had 10+ sony appliances in my folk's house (CD player, video players, TVs, camcorder, stereo etc..),
in 3-5 years time -all- of them had problems.
This does not include friends and relatives who also have SONY reliability problems.

I had 1 samsung TV, bought in 1989, and retired it 2003, it was still working.

I have banned any purchase of SONY products in my household.

We purchased a sony television (our first colored television) in 1982 had problems with the power switch got it fixed and it is still running up to now we gave it to the neighbours......I think the problems started when they sub contracted a local firm to assemble their equipment.....now that they are just importing the stuff quality has gotten better...

Offline nels76

• DVD Addict
  • extraordinarily intense AUDIO
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #102 on: Jul 21, 2006 at 10:20 AM »
Talking or Reliability.

We bought a Sony 21" Black Trinitron in 1990.
Hanggang ngayon gumagana pa din. Except that madilim na naga lang.

A Sony Betamax bought in 1991, ok pa din til now.
A Sony VHS bought in 2000, ok pa din til now.

A Sony Karaoke in 1994, radyo na lang gumagana. Tape Deck Sira na.
A Sony Mini Compm in 1994, Totally Sira na.

A New Sony 29" TV in 2004, ok pa naman til now.

I think the case with units na nasisira agad is case to case basis.

Depende din kasi kung paano mo gamitin.
So, you cannot make a general comment na sirain ang isang brand.

Meron nga kami ELECTOWN na turntable bought in 1996, hanggang ngayon gumagana pa din.
Hindi pa nasisira.

Although I have a PS2 bought in 2000, now the lens is dead.
And angmahal magpagawa kaya di ko na pinagawa.
« Last Edit: Jul 21, 2006 at 10:23 AM by nels76 »
The Mysterious Gamma Ray Burst

Offline Dracula

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: Jul 21, 2006 at 10:43 AM »
i've always bought sony tv's ... we've had 20+ TVs the past 20 years (many rooms kasi) ... none of them had any problems.

pero kung laser disc player, betamax, cd player, radio, receiver, component or kahit anong sony na HINDI TV ... yun ang 100% probability of masisira.

Yung handycam naman that we purchased last year ok pa naman siya.....but I did buy a sony stereo component system a few years ago after a week na sira kaagad I got a sony technician to fix it but the problem never went away.....

The 42" na sony lcd projection tv is actually on my list as well as the samsung dlp....for me mas maganda yung colors ng sony pero the black levels of the dlp seem better....tingnan mo din yung toshiba na dlp parang mas maganda siya...

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #104 on: Jul 21, 2006 at 08:25 PM »
Yung handycam naman that we purchased last year ok pa naman siya.....but I did buy a sony stereo component system a few years ago after a week na sira kaagad I got a sony technician to fix it but the problem never went away.....

The 42" na sony lcd projection tv is actually on my list as well as the samsung dlp....for me mas maganda yung colors ng sony pero the black levels of the dlp seem better....tingnan mo din yung toshiba na dlp parang mas maganda siya...

Hey Drac,

any idea how much the toshiba is? Ambassador App. is giving me a better deal for the Samsung, 112K lang. Sa Abenson kasi ako nagtanong ng 127k. So my Kuya has until the end of the month to decide. Itong utol ko kasi naniniwala sa mga ahente, kaya kailangang alalayan. Thanks!!

Offline antski

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
Re: Hitachi vs Samsung vs LG
« Reply #105 on: Jul 22, 2006 at 10:10 AM »
guys, does hitachi have good customer support and service? thanks! I'm looking at the 37LD8800TA kasi. You guys have any comment on this model? thanks again!

Offline Oloap

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #106 on: Jul 22, 2006 at 11:32 AM »
Im not sure about their service but i know their service center. I went there before to demo a projector and they were very helpful. I hope it is an indication of their aftersales support

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sevilla and Sons Sausages
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: Jul 23, 2006 at 01:12 AM »
I tried comparing the 3 brands when I was helping my client setup his hometheater. I find the Hitachi  having the best  video but overall we chose the Samsung because of the service and the freebies plus the video defference wasnt really big.

My 1 cent advise.

Offline kojie

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: Jul 26, 2006 at 08:30 PM »
the LG 32LX2R looks nice. At the mega trade hall its being sold for 81k w/ the 5.1 surround and dvd karaoke. im really thinking of buying one. if anybody is interested in the 5.1 htib lmk ..:D

btw, here is a thread at avsforum

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=614423&highlight=32lx2r

Offline Meridian-Audio

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • www.grupotoyota.com.ph
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: Jul 26, 2006 at 08:49 PM »
Hi as far as i know LG & Hitachi uses the same panel.
but choose nalang between the 3 of them w/c is better on after sales service.  ;)

Offline Dracula

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Re: Sony KLV-V32A10 vs. Samsung LA32R71B Comparison. Need help deciding
« Reply #110 on: Jul 28, 2006 at 02:26 PM »
I find it weird that they can give a price of 89900 for a zero interest transaction on the R71 but the best discount they can give you for a cash transaction is 4k off the srp ???

Offline ericag_ph

• DVD Addict
  • Oompa Loompas rule!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: Aug 04, 2006 at 10:03 AM »

Our DEAD Sonys:

When two(2) brand new Sony TVs from the USA, one (1) from Japan, and one (1) locally purchased are all DEAD within 5 years, plus also DEAD:  2 Betamax, 1 camcorder, 1 discman, 1 dedicated cassette deck, 1 disc carousel for a mini-compo, 1 walkman  (and this is just us, not including officemates, relatives, friends)

while one (1) JVC TV (5 years old),
a 1989 Samsung TV ,
and here's the killer:  Three (3) second-hand-from-the-pier toshiba TVs are still working even after 5 years,

I think this tells me just how bad Sony quality is all about...

http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=55263.0

Oh, and the same goes for Viewsonic CRTs....five(5) DEAD in 3 years.

Offline Dracula

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: Aug 04, 2006 at 11:06 AM »
Hey Drac,

any idea how much the toshiba is? Ambassador App. is giving me a better deal for the Samsung, 112K lang. Sa Abenson kasi ako nagtanong ng 127k. So my Kuya has until the end of the month to decide. Itong utol ko kasi naniniwala sa mga ahente, kaya kailangang alalayan. Thanks!!

112k for the samsung sounds like a good deal....the toshiba kasi is a bit pricey and no good deals to be had from the stores except for 0% interest last time i checked it retailed for 169k but that's the 52" model so if you think about it 169k isn't all that bad....

Offline letranboy

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: Sep 17, 2006 at 11:15 PM »
LG is the best, the price is lower than samsung. about 40k and differents nila. and LG 100,000 hrs samsung 60,000 hrs

Offline tambutsoo

• Collector
  • YO Wazzup :)
  • Liked:
Re: Plasma HDTV Pioneer PDP436HDG or Hitachi 42PD8800TA
« Reply #114 on: Sep 20, 2006 at 06:19 PM »
how much pioneer PD 436HDG? and  Hitachi 42PD8800TA?

Offline antski

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: Sep 21, 2006 at 01:57 AM »

A dealer friend of mine sells the pioneer 436HDG @ 189k. :)

Offline ert

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: Sep 21, 2006 at 10:23 AM »

hitachi 42pd8800ta 175k cash at shangri la

Offline motion55

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: Sep 22, 2006 at 10:35 PM »
Anyone tried the LG 32LC2R? It's a newer model to the 32LX2R. The contrast ratio is improved from 1200:1 to 1600:1. The PIP input options are better than Samsung's 32R71.

Offline frontANDcenter

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • @dandarWIN
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
samsung lcd or sharp lcd?
« Reply #118 on: Oct 16, 2006 at 07:59 AM »
mga bros, before kasi, samsung na talaga yung gusto ko bilihin.. then lumabas yung promo for sharp aquos.. just want to know your opinions... pros and cons etc... TYIA! ;D

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
Re: samsung lcd or sharp lcd?
« Reply #119 on: Oct 16, 2006 at 10:23 AM »
I think Samsung is the world's biggest producer of LCD panels, but Sharp commands more than 50% of uber-quality-conscious, always top-of-the-line and cutting-edge Japanese market.

In any case, both are very reliable and popular brands so let your own eyes decide.  If you can actually watch an HD content on either one, I think you'd be satisfied just the same.