Author Topic: Pinoy Big Brother  (Read 197183 times)

Offline alcobobaz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Pinoy BIG BROTHER
« Reply #1650 on: Dec 11, 2005 at 02:26 AM »
Why does robert sena have to sing? I mean... wala lang. Why? Why? Why? hahahahaha. :D

Same reason why sandara and whatshisface had to sing with panday and heart. and willie, john and randy. and salbakuta and agassi and andrew e. ugh. aynakooo.

haha but seriously, robert cena has got to be the most unexpected one. hahaha.

Offline alcobobaz

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1651 on: Dec 11, 2005 at 02:30 AM »
yeah, Willie is a farking dopey. Indieboi, don't tell me he's going back for season 2! Lot's of boobtubes have been shattered already. ABS-CBN, have mercy.

yes! please!!! have mercy. he absolutely sucks. and seriously at one point during the finale i swear i heard him introduce Cass as 'Ang fake na fake na si Cass'.

I got confused and thought that's impossible and thought of words that rhymed with fake or 'peyk' as Willie would pronounce it, but i dunno.

basta please spare us viewers!

Offline inv99

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1652 on: Dec 11, 2005 at 02:52 AM »
I don't think so, since it's only 4 discs, and we can only prss DVD-5s in the country.

Toni's a liar! She said you can buy the DVDs at the PBB house already. I just came from the house, and the discs are not available. Good thing it was just an incidental trip since we ate at Gerry's Grill.  ;D

Probably the volume 3 package (unreleased) will contain the DAY 92 episode upto Finale. I'm just guessing coz surprisingly, my mom bought her own copy -- volumes 1 & 2.  And we're both happy. hehe  ;D
« Last Edit: Dec 11, 2005 at 02:56 AM by inv99 »

Offline Glenn Patrick

• Collector
  • I love New York!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1653 on: Dec 11, 2005 at 03:20 AM »
Yung mga TFC subscribers daw who paid full subscription, binitin... hindi pinalabas yung "The Big Night" live... bwisit na bwisit sila... hehehe...

SERVICE ADVISORY:
Due to unavoidable circumstances, the live telecast of The Big Night will no longer be shown here. However, you can still watch the entire show finale on demand only here on ABS-CBNnow! We apologize for the inconvenience.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #1654 on: Dec 11, 2005 at 03:47 AM »
The discs were available at Clark. Astrovision's Jimmy was there! Just got my copies... and just got home.  ::)

Not too bad - fourth row, though a bit to the side. Here's a picture taken from my angle:

I was onstage shortly after the confetti. Was being signaled to go up earlier, but we couldn't get out of our seats due to the crowds.

Went backstage and chatted with Say for a while, but didn't go to the cast party anymore.

Opo, ako na ang pinaka-jologs sa thread na ito. ;D But it was the proper end to a self-confessed Big Brother Addict's compulsion, so when invited, I couldn't resist.  ;D
« Last Edit: Dec 11, 2005 at 03:50 AM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline Glenn Patrick

• Collector
  • I love New York!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1655 on: Dec 11, 2005 at 03:55 AM »
Sir Hankey... if you have the time, pls give reviews about the PBB DVDs.

Thanks!

Offline rafgar

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1656 on: Dec 11, 2005 at 08:11 AM »
Is the DVD set composed of 4 discs?  Is ths individually priced at P299?

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1657 on: Dec 11, 2005 at 08:49 AM »
The discs were available at Clark. Astrovision's Jimmy was there! Just got my copies... and just got home.  ::)

Not too bad - fourth row, though a bit to the side. Here's a picture taken from my angle:

I was onstage shortly after the confetti. Was being signaled to go up earlier, but we couldn't get out of our seats due to the crowds.

Went backstage and chatted with Say for a while, but didn't go to the cast party anymore.

Opo, ako na ang pinaka-jologs sa thread na ito. ;D But it was the proper end to a self-confessed Big Brother Addict's compulsion, so when invited, I couldn't resist.  ;D

Galing ni Mr. Hankey!! ;D

My wife asked me if I wanted to go but since we will have to use the ABS-CBN bus for employees, I just said no and opted to watch it on TV.

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #1658 on: Dec 11, 2005 at 10:42 AM »
"Nene you are the first ever Pinoy Big Brother!"

STUPID INDEED

Offline dorian_gray

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Bakla ako...may angal?
  • Liked:
« Reply #1659 on: Dec 11, 2005 at 11:46 AM »
I think Mr. Hankey did a good job in contributing to this thread.

By the way, what can you say about Willie stomping the floor? He is like a kid whose candy just got stolen.

Offline blitzkrieg

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Shut up!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1660 on: Dec 11, 2005 at 11:54 AM »
Why does robert sena have to sing? I mean... wala lang. Why? Why? Why? hahahahaha. :D

;D  He sang off-key, flat here, sharp there!! Really hate his voice!

But NENE RULES!!!

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1661 on: Dec 11, 2005 at 04:58 PM »
Sir Hankey... if you have the time, pls give reviews about the PBB DVDs.

As someone who has bought all the highlight DVDs of Big Brother UK and the highlight DVD set of Big Brother 4 USA , I have to say that the Pinoy Big Brother DVD is the BEST compilation DVD when compared to all in my collection so far.

The coverage really goes from day-to-day, from a time-lapse construction of the Big Brother house to 2-10 minute highlights covering (from what I've seen/scanned through so far) the most important highlights of every single day inside the Big Brother house. This edition ends on Day 91, with Franzen's eviction. There will clearly be a fifth disc in the future to complete the series.

The first 91 days is covered on 4 discs with a total running time of about 9 hours. Amazing that this entire set of four discs only costs Php 299 - just Php 75 per 2 1/2 hour disc! Truly equal to the price of pirated DVDs. Very smart move on the part of ABS-CBN. I do have one complaint about the videos, though: Some parts were apparently recorded directly off the ABS-CBN broadcast version - they have the "Parental Guidance" sign on the lower right corner of the screen. It's a bit distracting.

What about "Special Features"? This is one local disc you can be proud of when it comes to those! The fourth disc contains all the show's music videos (same as the ones contained in the soundtrack CD), and also the "never-been-seen" scenes. These include the casts' auditions, extended footage from both the "Haring Uma" and the "night time sex talk"  incidents, "Hubaran" games featuring uncensored rear/frontal nudity (sorry guys - not Cass, Chx and Say... just Jason, Franzen and JB), and YES, even "The Wild Party." All the three-way dancing scenes I posted captures of are on this disc, HOWEVER, they did not include the Cass-Chx and Cass-Nene lesbian kissing. I personally don't get it. Isn't the sight of Franzen's dangly bits a lot more offensive than two women sharing a sweet, drunken kiss?  8)

On the whole, this is a MUST HAVE for any true Pinoy Big Brother addict. A steal at Php 299, it's already available in Astrovision branches around Metro Manila today.
« Last Edit: Dec 11, 2005 at 05:04 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1662 on: Dec 11, 2005 at 05:07 PM »
Willy Revillame showed how stupid he was in tonight's finale.  The clincher though was when he said, "Nene you are the first ever Pinoy Big Brother!"

He's probably friends with Rico. I remember in one of Rico's early pre-show interviews, he was being asked why he wanted to join the show, and he said something like "Dahil ako ang magiging unang Big Brother!"  ;D

I think Mr. Hankey did a good job in contributing to this thread.

By the way, what can you say about Willie stomping the floor?

I honestly didn't notice, since every time he would go up onstage, I'd take the opportunity to text some people with updates. I blacked Willie out completely.  ;D
« Last Edit: Dec 11, 2005 at 05:13 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline alcobobaz

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1663 on: Dec 11, 2005 at 05:26 PM »
What about "Special Features"? This is one local disc you can be proud of when it comes to those! The fourth disc contains all the show's music videos (same as the ones contained in the soundtrack CD), and also the "never-been-seen" scenes. These include the casts' auditions, extended footage from both the "Haring Uma" and the "night time sex talk"  incidents, "Hubaran" games featuring uncensored rear/frontal nudity (sorry guys - not Cass, Chx and Say... just Jason, Franzen and JB), and YES, even "The Wild Party." All the three-way dancing scenes I posted captures of are on this disc, HOWEVER, they did not include the Cass-Chx and Cass-Nene lesbian kissing. I personally don't get it. Isn't the sight of Franzen's dangly bits a lot more offensive than two women sharing a sweet, drunken kiss?  8)

WHAAAT that kiss scene was the one i wanted to seeeee! Why would they include frontal nudity in a dvd most probably kids would buy too? thy shoudve put the lesbo action nadin! or better yet, release an uncut 18 and above only dvd. :p

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1664 on: Dec 11, 2005 at 05:37 PM »
God, I so want to have my copy now!! Thanks for the review Mr. Hankey!

Offline lekxxz

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1665 on: Dec 11, 2005 at 06:09 PM »
My sister was able to buy kanina sa Astrovision and medyo ok naman. Di ko lang gusto ang packaging.

Offline Glenn Patrick

• Collector
  • I love New York!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1666 on: Dec 11, 2005 at 06:12 PM »
For 299... no complaints... hehehe... I'll get a copy soon...

Anong balita sa PBB Celebrity... kasali daw si Ms Dina Bonnevie (sp?).... hala!!!

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1667 on: Dec 11, 2005 at 07:58 PM »
Anong balita sa PBB Celebrity... kasali daw si Ms Dina Bonnevie (sp?).... hala!!!

I was asking around, parang auditions only start in January? Correct me if I'm wrong, indie...

Di ko lang gusto ang packaging.

Tama ka diyan. I forgot to add in my review above: Since the discs are the same price as pirated DVDs, their packaging also mirrors pirated DVDs - down to the grammatical errors. Read the single paragraph at the back of the package when you get your copies. In the four sentences, they actually managed FIVE grammatical errors!  ;D

But as Glenn Patrick said, for Php 299? I'm not complaining.  ;D

By the way guys, I'm going to give you an inside scoop on what's next for our winner.

An ABS-CBN bigwig said he doesn't see a future for Nene in their company. But another bigwig intervened, saying that because of the credibility she's established, people will listen to her, so she'd be perfect.... for ABS-CBN News.

Both nodded in agreement.

I think they have something there... don't you?  :)
« Last Edit: Dec 11, 2005 at 09:02 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1668 on: Dec 11, 2005 at 08:37 PM »
An ABS-CBN bigwig said he doesn't see a future for Nene in their company. But another bigwig intervened, saying that because of the credibility she's established, people will listen to her, so she'd be perfect.... for ABS-CBN News.

Both nodded in agreement.

I think they have something there... don't you? :)

That's true they're having a little problem trying to fit Nene into the whole ABS-CBN milieu (surprisingly, Bob is said to be giving them the same problem). My wife even said that it's ok for Nene to win because she will be hard to package, not like Jason who is already assured of a successful showbiz career.

By the way have you guys seen Jason's interview in the Buzz with Boy Abunda and Cristy Fermin? I have never seen an interviewee give that many funny soundbites in a span of five minutes. The guy's a real comedian.

Hankey, I'll ask for the definite audition dates for the Celebrity Edition, the Second Season, and the planned Youth Edition.

Offline EHMBU

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1669 on: Dec 11, 2005 at 08:39 PM »
hello!
im just newbie here...
i just only want you to know that im so upset looking for that pinoy big prother dvd today
i have searched almost all sm malls and others looking for that dvd
and eventually got a very tiring leg

where in the world can i buy that dvd???
toni said that ill be released by december 10,.. where the hell did all these dvd gone?

i got so desperate that i even went to abs-cbn star records to buy 1 for myself, but of course there's no available today
because its d*mn it, it's sunday!!!!

duh!

im so helpless..
EHLP!!!

Offline Glenn Patrick

• Collector
  • I love New York!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1670 on: Dec 11, 2005 at 08:45 PM »
By the way have you guys seen Jason's interview in the Buzz with Boy Abunda and Cristy Fermin? I have never seen an interviewee give that many funny soundbites in a span of five minutes. The guy's a real comedian.

Kwento naman... wasn't able to watch it eh. Thanks.

Offline vision_of_love

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1671 on: Dec 11, 2005 at 08:58 PM »
In the four sentences, the actually managed FIVE grammatical errors!  ;D

I think they have something there... don't you?  :)

;D very funny,considering that you're talking about grammar!

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1672 on: Dec 11, 2005 at 09:01 PM »
;D very funny,considering that you're talking about grammar!

Whoops! HAHA! Luckily I'm not being commercially sold.  ;D

Thanks for pointing that out... sorry, but I had to correct it already in the original.  ;)
« Last Edit: Dec 11, 2005 at 09:04 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline alcobobaz

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1673 on: Dec 11, 2005 at 09:12 PM »

If ever there will be a PBB Celebrity Edition, which 12(if ever 12 nga) celebrities/pseudo-celebrities would you put in the house?
Mine in no particular order or no reason at all..
1. Fine, Dina Bonnevie would be ok.
2. Either one of those 'artistas' (ie. mystica, mahal, mura, madame auring, keana reeves??)
3. One gay guy(John Lapus? that kid na anak ni Inday Badiday? Ogie Diaz? Arnel Ignacio?)
4. One hot sexy star (Aubrey Miles? Gwen Garci? Juliana Palermo?)
5. One laos adult (ewan)
6. One laos younger version (LADY LEE. ahaha. LA LOPEZ ahahaha)
7. One senator/artista (jinggoy? bong? edu? lito lapid?)
8. One comedian (bentong? dagul? candy pangilinan? tuesday? booba?)
9. Gretchen Baretto
10. One of those people in 'groups' (sexbomb, masculados, etc)
11. Eddie Gil? erm..wag nalang. ewan.
12. Robin Padilla?

sorry i couldnt think properly, i just typed whoever popped in my head.

who would you guys want?

Offline alcobobaz

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1674 on: Dec 11, 2005 at 09:15 PM »
hello!
im just newbie here...
i just only want you to know that im so upset looking for that pinoy big prother dvd today
i have searched almost all sm malls and others looking for that dvd
and eventually got a very tiring leg

where in the world can i buy that dvd???
toni said that ill be released by december 10,.. where the hell did all these dvd gone?

i got so desperate that i even went to abs-cbn star records to buy 1 for myself, but of course there's no available today
because its d*mn it, it's sunday!!!!

duh!

im so helpless..
EHLP!!!

sm bicutan's astrovision has it on stock if youre from the area.

Offline Glenn Patrick

• Collector
  • I love New York!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1675 on: Dec 11, 2005 at 09:22 PM »
If ever there will be a PBB Celebrity Edition, which 12(if ever 12 nga) celebrities/pseudo-celebrities would you put in the house?

who would you guys want?

Hmmm... wag na sila Jon Lapus, Ogie Diaz, Arnel Ignacio... maingay sila at matakaw sa camera... mawawalan lang ng saysay yung ibang kasali...

Exclusive lang ba for ABS-CBN talents? 

Sana kung pwede si Mel Tiangco, Korina Sanchez, and Karen Davilla... hahahahaha.... magkakasama sila sa isang room.

Offline inv99

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1676 on: Dec 12, 2005 at 03:06 AM »
How 'bout a PBB Politicians Special? It will be a hell riot to see Garci, Bunye, Santiago, GMA, Mr. Arroyo, Davide, Lacson, Jinggoy and whosnots fluxing and lambasting each other in their usual realpolitik-ways. Guess who's gonna cheat on the tasks! hehe  :P

Offline inv99

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1677 on: Dec 12, 2005 at 07:40 AM »
MUP just interviewed NENE, and she was asked about her plans. She said that she have no plans to be in showbiz and she will to go back to work after her PBB stint (after her contract).

With that answer, the voting public really made the right decision.  ;D

btw, check this out.

http://www.keystonecode.org/nenergizer/
« Last Edit: Dec 12, 2005 at 08:43 AM by inv99 »

Offline torque

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • break the cycle!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1678 on: Dec 12, 2005 at 08:05 AM »
How 'bout a PBB Politicians Special? It will be a hell riot to see Garci, Bunye, Santiago, GMA, Mr. Arroyo, Davide, Lacson, Jinggoy and whosnots fluxing and lambasting each other in their usual realpolitik-ways. Guess who's gonna cheat on the tasks! hehe  :P

I think all of them will cheat, lie and break the rules...politics!  >:( >:( >:(
I would also like to see Enrile, Angara, Ramos, Aquino, Maceda, Osmena on that group.

Somebody might end up dead if they vote out Lacson...
GMA might win in the final four even if she gets no vote, thanks to Garci...

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
« Reply #1679 on: Dec 12, 2005 at 11:48 AM »
MUP just interviewed NENE, and she was asked about her plans. She said that she have no plans to be in showbiz and she will to go back to work after her PBB stint (after her contract).

With that answer, the voting public really made the right decision.  ;D

It's great to hear this from her, that she's not interested in a showbiz career. That makes her win all the more deserving.  Congrats, Nene! :)

The Big Night was a craptacular event--ABS-CBN turned it into a trashy variety show.  :P

Willie was a horrible host as ever, with his stupid jokes and poorly-timed spiels. At one point, he even said, "Yang Big Four, apat yan..." Hope he gets replaced next time.

Same with Asia Whatshername--being next to Toni and Mariel just made her lameness stand out, and she came out as a super-TH. Good thing she wasn't seen during the Big Night.

« Last Edit: Dec 12, 2005 at 11:49 AM by AshKetchum »