Author Topic: Pinoy Big Brother  (Read 195369 times)

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Pinoy BIG BROTHER
« Reply #30 on: Aug 09, 2005 at 05:10 PM »
Who are the hosts of this much anticipated reality tv show?

Offline Mr. Big Boy

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Addict
  • Big Better Bolder
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Aug 10, 2005 at 04:08 PM »
TWO EX-GMA TALENTS CONNIVE WITH WILLIE

FREEHAND
Mario Bautista
People's Journal

TONI Gonzaga and Mariel Rodriguez feel honored and, at the same time,challenged to be chosen as regular hosts of ABS-CBN's big budgeted reality TV show, "Pinoy Big Brother."

Toni will be the primetime host from Monday to Friday while Mariel will host the late night editions and do the daily updates. On Saturday, Willie Revillame will host the live eviction telecast that eliminates one contestant each week while Asia Agcaoili will host the show's edition on Studio 23.

Before the show's official grand launch on August 22, it will have a three-part primetime primer. Primer One is "Eto Na si Kuya" on August 13 showing the huge success of "Big Brother" in various countries abroad. On August 20 is "Ang Bahay ni Kuya" where viewers will be given a guided tour of the house especially built by ABS-CBN on Scout Albano St. for the show. On August 21, "Ang Party ni Kuya" will have a live street fiesta where the 12 official contestants called housemates will be officially introduced. On August 22, the show proper starts and will go on for 100 days. You can follow the lives of the 12 housemates daily while they perform various tasks and challenges that will show their true colors as they live together without the benefit of TV, books, radio magazine, watches, phones, and without any contact with the outside world. Whoever survives the ordeal after 100 days of being marooned inside the house will win P1 million cash, a brand new Nissan Frontier Titanium and a house and lot in St. MoniqueVillas.

"I will try to do everything to make the show even more interesting for the viewers," says Toni.

"I am willing to give my life just to make sure I'd be good as a host," says Mariel, who considers this her biggest break so far. She has given up hosting "Breakfast"for this but continues to appear with Aga Muhlach in "OK Fine."

If you'd notice, both Toni and Mariel come from GMA-7. Toni hosted "Eat Bulaga" while Mariel hosted "Extra Challenge." "It's just coincidental," says Lauren Dyogi, one of the show's project heads along with Linggit Tan. "The important thing is that they're both excellent hosts who will be great assets to the show which is our teleserye ng totoong buhay."
« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2005 at 04:12 PM by Mr. Big Boy »

Offline Mr. Big Boy

• DVD Addict
  • Big Better Bolder
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Aug 10, 2005 at 04:11 PM »
Sa mga TFC subscribers sa North America bad news for you, hindi ito palalabas sa TFC diyan.  But it will be carried by TFC outside North America.  The reason for this is there will be a contractual conflict with U.S. Big Brother franchise if TFC will carry Pinoy Big Brother in North America.

Offline dorian_gray

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Bakla ako...may angal?
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Aug 11, 2005 at 01:31 AM »
Hindi ko gusto si Willie. Wala na bang iba silang makuha? Gasgas na mukha niya sa TV.

Wala bang leakage diyan? Sino ba ang mga tao dito?

Offline aikigrappler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • irimi nage
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Aug 11, 2005 at 06:24 AM »
bro nakita ko minsan ang asawa ni willie kumakain sa may rustan's.you would ask yourself, where is the justice?How did that happen?:-)
It takes a little more persistence to get up and go the distance

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Aug 11, 2005 at 10:35 AM »
Turn off nga yung isa sa mga hosts.....wala na ba sila mapili? I lost my enthusiasm in this tv show.  :(

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #36 on: Aug 11, 2005 at 10:44 AM »
It's not even the fact na gasgas o maaskad ang mukha ni revillame. It's that his personality is just too irritating for TV. I bet ang gagawin na naman nyan mang-iinsulto ng tao just to get some cheap laughs.

With that moron's inclusion, Pinoy Big Brother immediately lost the luster it got for being the pinoy version of BB.
« Last Edit: Aug 11, 2005 at 10:46 AM by indie boi »

Offline dorian_gray

• DVD Guru
  • Bakla ako...may angal?
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Aug 14, 2005 at 12:47 AM »
I just watched the first super OA pre-show. It offers no additional info. Willie Revillame is definitely out of place.

Offline Glenn Patrick

• Collector
  • I love New York!
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Aug 14, 2005 at 12:54 AM »
Yup. "Super OA" nga. All talkies.

Anong show ba tatapatan nila... Extra Challenge?

Offline DViant

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HDMI ver 2.1
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 56
« Reply #39 on: Aug 14, 2005 at 01:13 AM »
I'd join and act totally odd...

on the 1st hour... i'll fold up into the fetal position and mumble... pinoydvd... pinoydvd... must have my interweb pinoydvd/

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Aug 14, 2005 at 01:16 PM »
It's not even the fact na gasgas o maaskad ang mukha ni revillame. It's that his personality is just too irritating for TV. I bet ang gagawin na naman nyan mang-iinsulto ng tao just to get some cheap laughs.

With that moron's inclusion, Pinoy Big Brother immediately lost the luster it got for being the pinoy version of BB.

Yeah totally agree with you indie. He is abrasive tripe, but there are some hosts although irritating to watch but have appeal and rapport on televiewers. But this man, never mind. Baka magbago on this tv show.  ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 14, 2005 at 01:19 PM by keating »

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Aug 14, 2005 at 01:48 PM »
I'd join and act totally odd...

on the 1st hour... i'll fold up into the fetal position and mumble... pinoydvd... pinoydvd... must have my interweb pinoydvd/

Wow......good luck Dviant.  :)

Offline Mr. Big Boy

• DVD Addict
  • Big Better Bolder
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Aug 17, 2005 at 11:59 PM »
Kung ako lang ang masusunod, ang kukunin ko to host the show is Edu Manzano or even Kris Aquino (naku baka mag umpisa ang Kris bashing now that I mention her here).

Offline dorian_gray

• DVD Guru
  • Bakla ako...may angal?
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Aug 18, 2005 at 12:11 AM »
Kris has improved her hosting skills but she still isn't a great host. She is definitely better than Willie.

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Aug 18, 2005 at 08:48 AM »
Kung ako lang ang masusunod, ang kukunin ko to host the show is Edu Manzano or even Kris Aquino (naku baka mag umpisa ang Kris bashing now that I mention her here).

Edu Manzano is a good choice, medyo dignified ng konti. And Martin Nievera also.

Offline garee

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • "your look, sounds familiar"
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Aug 19, 2005 at 03:38 PM »
Edu Manzano is a good choice, medyo dignified ng konti. And Martin Nievera also.

My Pinoy Big Brother..... you are the weakest link  ;D

Offline Agent Smith

• Collector
  • Im Smith,Agent Smith
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Aug 19, 2005 at 05:08 PM »
hello there,

Ano pa ba ang inexpect nyo kay willie Eh, ang mambastos ng houseguest palagay ko ang show na to

Offline Mr. Big Boy

• DVD Addict
  • Big Better Bolder
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Aug 21, 2005 at 10:40 PM »
What do you think of the 12 housemates?  Maraming may star quality - lookwise.  So far mukhang promising, sana di boring ang mga personalities. 

I'm not familiar with Big Brother in other countries, paano ba mga challenges dito, di kasing exciting ng Fear Factor siyempre.  Sa celebrities trial kasi ang naging challenges nila eh threadmill saka they were required to compose a themesong for Big Brother lang, sana di lang ganung type ang mga challenges, cause if that's the case, it would be a boring show.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #48 on: Aug 21, 2005 at 11:13 PM »
Very inspired casting. Hat's off to ABS-CBN for a very good mix - the wide variety of "characters" reminds me of the very first "Survivor." Much better than recent installments of any of the foreign versions of BB that I've seen.

The challenges in the US version are a mixture of IQ puzzles/Survivor-like stamina tests/Household-Housemate trivia/Word puzzles. Most are interesting. Let's see how the local version fares.

I'm hooked!  ;D

Studio 23 schedule:

M-Th: 6:30-7:00PM

Sat: 7:00-7:50PM

Official Website: http://www.pinoybigbrother.com

There are two streaming livecams available via ABS-CBNnow!, but I think that's a pay web service?
« Last Edit: Aug 21, 2005 at 11:26 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline keilu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • sōten ni zase Hyōrinmaru
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Aug 21, 2005 at 11:32 PM »
got to watch the telecast tonight of the 12 housemates, and i have to say that the housemates chosen really seem to be a good mix (the teacher raquel was quite hilarious - bitbit nya pa rin ang pagiging teacher nya talaga  ;D).

i think i will be watching this show - jaz to see how they interact, since i dont know about the bb shows in other countries. besides, wanted to see how uma (really cute guy who looks kinda like a young albert martinez) will fare  :D

Offline Mr. Big Boy

• DVD Addict
  • Big Better Bolder
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Aug 22, 2005 at 12:00 AM »
Just wondering, kasi sa Pinoy Big Brother special house tour, pinakita lahat ng rooms, at may camera lahat, including the shower!  The management said that, of course they would not air the shower scenes, BUT the camera will be there in the showers just the same, for "security reasons".  WOW!  Are they trying to say that the staff or the director and cameramen will see all those hot ladies and even the boys in their birthday suit?  Grabe nakakahiya naman yun, kahit hindi i-air yun mabobosohan pa rin sila.  Unless ligong poso gawin nila, yung naka towel or naka shorts and shirt, nakaka turn-off naman yun makita kung ganon. lol

Swerte ng mga cameramen at technical crew ng PBB.
« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2005 at 12:28 AM by Mr. Big Boy »

Offline dorian_gray

• DVD Guru
  • Bakla ako...may angal?
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Aug 22, 2005 at 12:02 AM »
It is a good mix but everyone seems to be in their 20s. I have a strong feeling that Uma is gay. I would love to see him in the shower room.

For that reason alone, I think I am hooked!

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm a paranoid schizophrenic. I am an entourage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Aug 22, 2005 at 12:03 AM »
Tuwa ako dun sa jologs and the Israeli (?). Naiirita ako sa boses ng mga girls. But so far ---- fun! ;) Oo nga pala. Kuya's voice?? Kuya is clearly reading something. Doesn't sound so big brother-y. 
« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2005 at 06:06 AM by CrUzAC[k]H »

Offline dorian_gray

• DVD Guru
  • Bakla ako...may angal?
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Aug 22, 2005 at 12:05 AM »
I think the jologs representative (?) already knows how to play the game. He is charismatic.

Offline Mr. Big Boy

• DVD Addict
  • Big Better Bolder
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Aug 22, 2005 at 12:18 AM »
Yung Jologs representative may advantage eh.  It's like being black, no one would dare vote him out, kasi if someone did, it might be seen as an act of discrimination or pang-aapi, lalo na pag yung mga "social" ang bumoto, he or she will get the flak of the Jologs republic.   ;D

P.S.
Pinapanood ko ngayon sa ABS-CBN Now yung PBB, the girls are getting ready for bed.
« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2005 at 12:22 AM by Mr. Big Boy »

Offline p.dividdy2

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Galit Na Si Manoy!
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Aug 22, 2005 at 12:35 AM »
i watched it kanina..wala akong naintindihan..ang narinig ko the whole time was "waawawawawawwa..aaay..wawawawawa"(you know the sound of girls talking at the same time) LOL!  at akala ko wowowee ang pinapanood ko hinintay ko tuloy yung pera o bayong portion..
PinoyBazaar - Shop Easy!
http://pinoybazaar.forumotion.com

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Aug 22, 2005 at 01:01 AM »
to say i was amused at how much fanfare they kicked this show off is an understatement... lots of writhing dancers, fire eaters, a whole ati-atihan troupe, AND drag queens!! lol. for a minute there i thought i was watching ASAP instead of big brother.

some thoughts:

** great casting. they really ran the gamut of modern pinoy society: someone with a miltary background, a half-breed, a self-confessed b!tch who likes it "hut", a champion for the jologs, several former OFWs, a sexy starlet wannabe, a downtrodden government worker/teacher, failed politicians, a bimbette, etc. etc... and all of them look VERY TV friendly. it would be interesting how the interaction in the house would develop. (they couldn't even agree if they were having dinner or not. LOL.)

** the camera in the showers is nothing new... nudity is nothing new to the BB franchise (neither is in-house sex. LOL. ) with pinoys being a tad prudish when it comes to those matters (and this being broadcast on free tv), i'm wondering how they'll keep the audiences titilated throughout the show.

** yeah... is the public teacher the only one who's in her 30s?? just one ... er, more mature contestant??

** i would love to see how these peeps look sans the stylists... they all looked so "made-up" in their publicity photos and tonight. if it wasn't for this evening's show, i wouldn't have known na most of them were really average working joes and janes.

** i think it was totally odd that no explanation was given why they used the term "big brother"... not once was george orwell or even the term "big brother is watching" even explained. won't people wonder "bakit 'kuya' ang tawag sa boses"??
« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2005 at 01:31 AM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #57 on: Aug 22, 2005 at 07:12 AM »
what is keeping the viewers excited about the PBB is that thing that bathroom scenes will be filmed -- will this be shown naman kaya, considering strict MTRCB rules? Only the cameramen will benefit out of this --  ;D
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline garee

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • "your look, sounds familiar"
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Aug 22, 2005 at 11:25 AM »
sarap asarin yun isa sa mga friends nun housemate. tinatanong lang ng one word, one paragraph ang kinwento hehehe tapos aakbay ang kups kay toni at sabay hawi naman ni Toni ( u rock girl!!) hehehe
ii-score pa eh, nasa tv na nga eh. lol

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Aug 22, 2005 at 05:18 PM »
My bet is the lass from Davao who's name slipped again on my mind as of this moment. Sana tumagal siya and she take home the bacon!  ;D :D