Author Topic: Rock Star: Supernova  (Read 10001 times)

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Rock Star: Supernova
« Reply #60 on: Aug 17, 2006 at 03:03 AM »
I think the producers want Lukas The Forehead to stay for a few more episodes because he brings conflict -- however lame -- to the show.

What a frigging poseur. X and I were watching his performance and we were both cringing. Bad singer with a bad haircut.

Offline AICRAG

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • DVD Addict
  • Do unto others before they do unto you
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #61 on: Aug 17, 2006 at 04:41 PM »
Lukas' performance reminded me of the singing blind beggars in the streets  he!he!

masyado naman harsh iyung comments nila kay Storm.  It's hard to change the arrangement of an iconic song. Sensitive din siya na hindi mababoy yung kanta or maka offend ng iba.

Didn't like Zayra's song in a sense na hindi bagay iperform sa ganung show.  Bigay na lang niya kay shakira baka mas maganda pa lumabas.  he!he!
Toshiba 55XL700,Dali Ikon 6,Vokal2 MKII,Cayin CD-50T,Ecosse 2.3,IXOS Coax, HK AVR340, NAD 320BEE

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: Aug 17, 2006 at 05:10 PM »
Spot on comments, bro. Lukas' performance was soo bad, I was surprised the supernova guys didn't see it. It must be ecstasy night at the gig. But then if it was, then they wouldn't have skewered Lindsay Lohan, I mean Storm, in that manner. I thought it was decent.

Another cringe-worthy performance was Ryan Star's. Now I know why I don't like the guy when he performs -- all that supposed "intensity" is for show. You can see it in the eyes. He's obviously thinking about it. Compare that to Dilana who is intense whatever she does because it is in her nature. That's why she is gelling so well with the band.

Stop the contest already and give the d a m n gig to Dilana!

Offline Reuven Malter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Aug 17, 2006 at 06:12 PM »
[spoilers]Ding dong, the b**ch is dead!

Love the new Supernova song, especially with Dilana as lead singer.

Magni and Patrice performed songs done by Lukas in previous episodes and they both kicked his ass!
[/spoilers]
« Last Edit: Aug 17, 2006 at 06:13 PM by Reuven Malter »
Clear eyes, full hearts can't lose!

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: Aug 17, 2006 at 09:15 PM »
lemme just say that patrice and magni made lukas "the stinky skunk" look like a rank amateur. (magni especially)... i hope this is a wake-up call to the voting public on just how baaaaaaaaad lukas is.

while totally expected... i was a little sad on who left today. the show just got 50% less interesting... it's gonna be hella predictable now.  :-[

Offline AICRAG

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Aug 18, 2006 at 08:36 AM »
oo nga pareng Indie.  actually, sobrang forgettable performance ni Ryan that I don't remember commenting about him.  As if he wasn't part of the show.(he!he!)  Tinanong nga ako ni mrs ano kinata hindi ko maalala.(considering a lot of people know the phil collins song)

mami miss ko "attire" and performance intensity of Zayra.  he!he!  Top A for Amusing.
 I was hoping si Patrice na lang.  I don't see Patrice singing more than 1 song(eg. singing in a concert)  I get tired watching her finish a song.  Her predictable performance is monotonous to the point that you want to go to the loo or grab a beer.

They should have let Zayra stay for entertainment purposes and let go Patrice.   Then Ryan!  he!he!
Toshiba 55XL700,Dali Ikon 6,Vokal2 MKII,Cayin CD-50T,Ecosse 2.3,IXOS Coax, HK AVR340, NAD 320BEE

Offline GC

• Collector
  • sparc
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Aug 18, 2006 at 05:50 PM »
Dilana with Supernova rocks!!!!

"Who says a girl can't front Supernova?!"

Next week is it Magni's turn to rock with Supernova?
I wonder how Storm will sound like with Supernova?

Have you guys seen the blogs of the contestants? It seems Lukas has a big fan base.

Pro Deo et Patria

Offline Ashburndaride

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • We are Diamond Dogs
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #67 on: Aug 20, 2006 at 10:44 AM »
Have you guys seen this?

Rockstar Supernova (Week 4 Elimination)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjsyPLu_1bg

buti nalang 20 feet away si Tommy kay Phil  ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 20, 2006 at 10:46 AM by Ashburndaride »

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Aug 24, 2006 at 03:30 PM »
I missed the encore and the Supernova performance this morning and only caught the tail end of the conversation with Dilana and Lukas. Man, Lukas has to freaking go. I don't think a band with three men who have established rock careers should even consider an obvious poseur, he'd just look like a high school student trying to play air guitar in his bedroom. Lukas only has a smidgen of talent and the only thing that he has loads of is that "rockstar swagger" that we see on practically every single juvenile rocker.

I am surprised that Toby does not seem to have that big of a fanbase if he is always threatened to be included in the bottom three. Aside from Dilana, he's the only other contestant that looks like he'll be a good fit to Supernova.

Offline tonedeaf

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #69 on: Aug 24, 2006 at 10:23 PM »
I wonder if the hit job on dilana (emphasizing all the not so "telegenic" things she said) was deliberate. and why? the producers of the show could have chosen not to highlight her remarks, or choose to edit it out.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Aug 25, 2006 at 12:49 AM »
Fans of dilana are up in arms in the various forums. They feel that it was a deliberate hack job in order to "even out" the playing field. The fans are saying that dilana is an overwhelming favorite and at this point the producers wanted a "competition" so they wanted to bring Dilana a notch or two by putting her in a bad light.

I think it was obviously a deliberate ploy of the producers of the show. Lukas The Forehead continually badmouths all of the other contestants (as seen in previous episodes) but he was spared the kind of editing Dilana received this week.

Conspiracy theorists are also saying that it may be a ploy of the Supernova guys because they obviously do not want a female singer to front the band. If you'd notice the interview last night, not one of the guys mentioned anything about Dilana's behavior, it was all Dave and his incessant grilling.

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Aug 25, 2006 at 01:11 PM »
Apparently, the smackdown of Dilana lasted for more than half-an-hour according to the people in the taping. It looks like Dilana and Lukas, the Lemur King have the most rabid fans online. No way they'll be in the bottom three. Next week, it looks like Storm may finally end up in the bottom three along with Toby and Magni. That may be her last week since the band does not seem to see her as a strong contender.

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Aug 29, 2006 at 10:20 AM »
An insider claims she knows who won Rockstar: Supernova. Click the link if you wish to find out. If this were true, they all deserve each other.  ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 29, 2006 at 10:43 AM by Phobos »

Offline AICRAG

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Aug 29, 2006 at 01:04 PM »
After last week's show(with the Dilana/Lukas wordfest),  already thought they would pick the guy.
He is trashy and fits well with Tommy's crew  he!he!
Looking at fan votes, website/blog popularity, poseur image plus other gossipy intrigue >  if these factors generate massive ticket and cd sales....

What I will be interested in is how long Jason stays.  he!he!
« Last Edit: Aug 29, 2006 at 03:23 PM by AICRAG »

Offline GC

• Collector
  • sparc
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Aug 29, 2006 at 01:11 PM »
^ I'd like to quote David Letterman on who won Supernova: "WHAT?!"

« Last Edit: Aug 29, 2006 at 01:13 PM by GC »
Pro Deo et Patria

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Aug 30, 2006 at 11:20 PM »
The bottom three as of the end of the show was Lukas, Storm and Ryan. I agree with that and I hope that will also be the result for tomorrow. Toby, Magni and Dilana should be the final three.

From all of the negative airtime Dilana was getting I was quite sure she would suck tonight but lo and behold! She kicked major a s s again!

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Aug 31, 2006 at 08:58 AM »
The band earned my respect back. They saw through another poseur and sent *** packing. Bravo!  ;)

Offline GC

• Collector
  • sparc
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: Aug 31, 2006 at 10:08 AM »
The band earned my respect back. They saw through another poseur and sent *** packing. Bravo!  ;)

Can't wait to watch it tonight.
Pro Deo et Patria

Offline Phobos

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Forum Nazi
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Aug 31, 2006 at 11:54 AM »
I don't watch the show anymore because my prayers to Lord Satan to make Dilana die a slow painful death has remained unanswered. And since she is still in the show, I am led to believe that The Devil no more hears my prayers. May be time to revert to Christianity.
« Last Edit: Aug 31, 2006 at 11:59 AM by Phobos »

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: Aug 31, 2006 at 02:07 PM »
Can't wait to watch it tonight.

Just a warning though: almost all the performances sucked. That elimination and (maybe) the encore were the only high points. The new song from the band was performed by someone who seemed to be "belching the alphabet (quote from another viewer)."

Some may need an antidote to a song that was butchered by a supposed frontrunner.

Offline GC

• Collector
  • sparc
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Aug 31, 2006 at 03:16 PM »
I was tempted to look at rockstar.msn.com, but nevermind....I'll still watch it tonight. All the performances sucked? They should have made a triple elimination so we can all go on with our lives.
Pro Deo et Patria

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: Aug 31, 2006 at 04:10 PM »

You could be right bro . But it looks like I'm going to have to start voting next week...

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: Aug 31, 2006 at 08:58 PM »

i dunno. i never got that "poseur" vibe from this person. but then ... totally wrong for the band, so i'm not at all disappointed.

this person does need to lighten up tho... waaaaay too "intense".  ::)

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: Sep 01, 2006 at 01:56 AM »
I'm still confused about Dilana's trip to the bottom three. If it was really fan backlash for her bad move last week I still don't get it. What was really so irritating was that Lukas was jumping on this opportunity like a hyena. Kind of two-faced if you ask me since he was not afraid to give his opinions about the other rockers' performances were before and I still remember what he said during one elimination where he felt that the wrong person was eliminated -- a pointed dig at Zayra.

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: Sep 01, 2006 at 06:23 AM »
i dunno. i never got that "poseur" vibe from this person.

You mean he wasn't orchestrating the "spontaneous" guitar smash (after Tommy has suggested it to Magni earlier) and last night's "amp-climbing?" Man, we did NOT need to see your butt crack. That must have sealed the deal.  ;D

Last night proved that you do not need Zayra to wreak havoc in this imploding show.  ;D

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: Sep 01, 2006 at 08:04 AM »
Dilana really looked lost. She was really rattled with that bottom three finish and may be panicking. Too bad really because she's really really good.

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: Sep 01, 2006 at 11:32 AM »
You mean he wasn't orchestrating the "spontaneous" guitar smash (after Tommy has suggested it to Magni earlier) and last night's "amp-climbing?" Man, we did NOT need to see your butt crack. That must have sealed the deal.  ;D

Last night proved that you do not need Zayra to wreak havoc in this imploding show.  ;D

hmmm... i thought it was real, maybe just not a genuine as it should be but genuine nevertheless. ryan obviously has a gift for music. some of his earlier performance have already shown that. (unlike the more obvious poseur with skunk hair.) but he's just way too wrong for this band. and he was ... erm, "trying much to hard" to fit into the mold of what they were looking for. (even resorting to cheap gimmickry.) maybe that's why you saw him as poseur.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: Sep 01, 2006 at 11:35 AM »
What do you guys think? At this point, do you think Dilana can still redeem herself from that hackjob? Or is this the beginning of the end for her?

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: Sep 01, 2006 at 12:27 PM »
What do you guys think? At this point, do you think Dilana can still redeem herself from that hackjob? Or is this the beginning of the end for her?

the way she looked last night ... she looked crushed.

it's always crushing to discover how much of a bad person one can be... with meaning it.

she needs an "eye-opening" performance next week. hope she gets a kicka$$ song.  ;)

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: Sep 01, 2006 at 01:48 PM »
Personally i really feel this is a series of set ups. The last two weeks they showed the worst of Dilana and then next week, surprise, it's a songwriting clinic, which I think is Dilana's weakest skill. I just feel like the producers are lining up the targets with respect to Dilana.