Author Topic: Annoying TV Personalities  (Read 177645 times)

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: Annoying TV Personalities
« Reply #210 on: Oct 30, 2007 at 01:51 AM »
alam ko nanalo ng daytime emmy talk show niya, tsaka halos lahat ng entertainment shows may Iggy iggy iggy   :-\ siya rin yung naghost ng oscars ata o emmy nakalimutan ko na...
 :D

Sorry for my ignorance but I am quite curious on this, what is iggy iggy iggy?

I'm annoyed with Ellen DeGeneres right now with the Iggy issue and all. She should have followed policy, just because she's a known tv personality doesn't mean that she can be excluded from the rules. I think what happened was unfair to the part of the agency. Ellen should have known its policies when it adopted the dog and should be prepared for the consequences of her actions

Do you mind sharing what happened here? I know her since my wife watches her show.

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
« Reply #211 on: Oct 30, 2007 at 06:26 AM »
Sorry for my ignorance but I am quite curious on this, what is iggy iggy iggy?

Ellen adopted a dog named Iggy from a Dog Adoption/Rescue Agency--the dog couldn't get along with her cats, so she gave it to her hairdresser's kids. What she forgot was that she signed a contract with the agency stating that if things didn't work out, she'd have to return the dog. The agency stuck by its policy and retrieved the dog, saying that just because Ellen was a celebrity doesn't mean that she was exempt from its rules. On her TV show, Ellen appealed to the agency to give the dog back to her hairdresser's kids, and that's where things got nasty--the agency received insults, threats, and more. But they remained true to their policy and never returned the dog; Iggy has been currently adopted by a new family.

Offline killer_blow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #212 on: Nov 15, 2007 at 06:51 PM »
up
Searching for the scent of content...Oh know it's the killer blow

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #213 on: Nov 21, 2007 at 06:11 PM »

Not really an annoying personality but the new style of Edu dancing and his Pilipinas, Game Ka Na Ba new format got the better of me. Parang nawalan ng credibility at respectability ang show nang nagkaroon ng gano'ng style ang show. Parang tuloy mas bagay na siyang tawagin na 'The Edu Manzano Dance Show' (with game portion on the side).

I really prefer Kris helming the show kahit pa over-the-top na minsan ang pagka-tactless niya sa mga contestants ng show niya. I like Edu more when he is acting and not engaging his viewers to a dance showdown. Although dati pa naman ginagawa but I don't get it when some celebrity has a dance-album out-of-nowhere just to justfy its so-called popularity. And what were Kris is thinking when she chose the 'lifeless' (at least for me) Deal Or No Deal over PGNKB?
« Last Edit: Nov 21, 2007 at 06:14 PM by thegoodbyeguy »

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose IƱigo!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #214 on: Nov 22, 2007 at 03:30 AM »
Ruffa Mae Quinto and Paolo Bediones on the pathetic game show Whammy... I get so irritated when my mom in law watches this...  :P

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #215 on: Nov 30, 2007 at 01:22 AM »

TRILLANES. ;D He's a TV Personality right now, isn't he?

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #216 on: Nov 30, 2007 at 10:54 AM »
         Not really an annoying personality but the new style of Edu dancing and his Pilipinas, Game Ka Na Ba new format got the better of me. Parang nawalan ng credibility at respectability ang show nang nagkaroon ng gano'ng style ang show. Parang tuloy mas bagay na siyang tawagin na 'The Edu Manzano Dance Show' (with game portion on the side).

I agree--wtf happened to this show? They should retitle it Dance Ka Na Ba? It's annoying to see everyone being forced to do a stupid little dance routine while playing--I actually thought the show became a part of Wowowee...

Offline Klaus Weasley

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 511
« Reply #217 on: Nov 30, 2007 at 01:55 PM »
I agree--wtf happened to this show? They should retitle it Dance Ka Na Ba? It's annoying to see everyone being forced to do a stupid little dance routine while playing--I actually thought the show became a part of Wowowee...

Filipinos LOVE corny stuff which is why shows like that, along with karaoke and soap operas are popular among, not only the masses but most of the general population.

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #218 on: Dec 01, 2007 at 03:16 AM »

Hey, you got a better title AshKetchum! Nice. ;) Siguro puwede rin: Pilipinas, Nag-Papaya Ka Na Ba? ;D

Filipinos LOVE corny stuff which is why shows like that, along with karaoke and soap operas are popular among, not only the masses but most of the general population.

Yes, we could be 'corny' in our own way but not to the point of doing stupid dance steps on national TV! :(

Offline killer_blow

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #219 on: Dec 17, 2007 at 08:45 AM »
Mariel of PBB. She was annoying enough hosting the show but when she became one of the housemates, she showed more of her annoying personality, made the show unbearable to watch with her endless pa-cute and kaplastikan, and showed how clueless she was by not knowing 1) how to pronounce the word "Reuters" and 2) not knowing what Reuters is.

Actually someone ought to make a thread of the many annoying things that she has done in the show (including flirting with Jon, crying crocodile tears, her pa-cute tone as if trying to win the viewers' sympathy, mimicking Big Brother, and most especially sitting on the floor by the door, begging BB to let her in). Arghhhh! I can't take it anymore! Even my usually docile mom was annoyed that she thought of writing ABS-CBN and tell them how unbearably annoying she was!

Whoever thought that including her in the show will strengthen her career made a big, big msitake. Mariel's career got killed in the process and dragged PBB with her, to the TV ratings pits.

Offline GC

• Collector
  • sparc
  • Liked:
« Reply #220 on: Dec 17, 2007 at 09:48 AM »
Mariel of PBB. She was annoying enough hosting the show but when she became one of the housemates, she showed more of her annoying personality, made the show unbearable to watch with her endless pa-cute and kaplastikan, and showed how clueless she was by not knowing 1) how to pronounce the word "Reuters" and 2) not knowing what Reuters is.

Actually someone ought to make a thread of the many annoying things that she has done in the show (including flirting with Jon, crying crocodile tears, her pa-cute tone as if trying to win the viewers' sympathy, mimicking Big Brother, and most especially sitting on the floor by the door, begging BB to let her in). Arghhhh! I can't take it anymore! Even my usually docile mom was annoyed that she thought of writing ABS-CBN and tell them how unbearably annoying she was!

Whoever thought that including her in the show will strengthen her career made a big, big msitake. Mariel's career got killed in the process and dragged PBB with her, to the TV ratings pits.

Tapos press release pa nya after nya lumabas, instructions daw sa kanya yon na dapat ganon daw sya sa loob ng PBB house. That's even more irritating and annoying.
« Last Edit: Dec 17, 2007 at 09:49 AM by GC »
Pro Deo et Patria

Offline llanesmark777

• DVD Addict
  • You don't know the power of the dark side.
  • Liked:
« Reply #221 on: Dec 26, 2007 at 04:36 PM »
Willie Revillame

Offline nibblerizer

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #222 on: Dec 26, 2007 at 04:52 PM »
Mike Enriquez

Offline GC

• Collector
  • sparc
  • Liked:
« Reply #223 on: Dec 26, 2007 at 06:18 PM »
Imagine Mike Enriquez and Gus Abelgas on the same TV News program.... :o
Pro Deo et Patria

Offline john m.

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #224 on: Dec 27, 2007 at 03:17 PM »
sali ako.

kris aquino.

Offline Pillow

• DVD Addict
  • Unstoppable!
  • Liked:
« Reply #225 on: Dec 28, 2007 at 11:00 PM »
Imagine Mike Enriquez and Gus Abelgas on the same TV News program.... :o

Speaking of Mike Enriquez,  saw him anchor an english news program in Q.  Oh my poor ears!  Couldn't stand it and switch channels immediately.

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #226 on: Dec 31, 2007 at 11:11 AM »

Mike Enriquez

Speaking of Mike Enriquez,  saw him anchor an english news program in Q.  Oh my poor ears!  Couldn't stand it and switch channels immediately.

When you do newsreporting, you simply report a news and not act. And Mike's doing the latter. >:(

Offline butsoy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #227 on: Dec 31, 2007 at 03:49 PM »

I really prefer Kris helming the show kahit pa over-the-top na minsan ang pagka-tactless niya sa mga contestants ng show niya. I like Edu more when he is acting and not engaging his viewers to a dance showdown. Although dati pa naman ginagawa but I don't get it when some celebrity has a dance-album out-of-nowhere just to justfy its so-called popularity. And what were Kris is thinking when she chose the 'lifeless' (at least for me) Deal Or No Deal over PGNKB?

Ditto  ;)

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #228 on: Jan 03, 2008 at 02:35 AM »

Offline killer_blow

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #229 on: Jan 15, 2008 at 01:15 PM »
up

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #230 on: Jan 15, 2008 at 07:28 PM »
WILLIE REVILLAME ULIT!   ;D

I watched his interview at The BUZZ regarding his hot car, before the end of his interview and was about to say his last words, he acted like the one from the rehearsal video of the scam wherein he actedl like the director,floor director,musical scorer,lahat lahat na, even though that is not his show.Now I know why he is so tired of working.

I hope I can still recount what his final words were.....

"hindi po ako gumagawa ng illegal, ako po ang biktima, hindi ko po ugali na manloko ng tao, sana po patas lang ang labanan, etc....."

I wanted to smash my TV when I was watching this.... >:(

Offline Ctlim

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #231 on: Jan 15, 2008 at 07:53 PM »
wille is the king!!!! and sharon cuneta sporting all her huge diamonds in front of her dumb masa fans...!!!

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #232 on: Feb 15, 2009 at 08:31 PM »

Sorry had to post in this thread again. Well, not really. But upon seeing Willie on the cover of YES Magazine showcasing the fruits of his 'hard-earned' money, strengthens my stand that he is indeed as annoying as ever. It's certainly not an envy seeing his possession, he is simply irritating. :P

Offline taurus_cute

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #233 on: Feb 15, 2009 at 11:38 PM »
SI WILLIE Revillame ay nasa showbiz industry pa rin kahit siya ay certified scoundrel dahil sa impluwensya ng asawa ni Noli De Castro. The De Castros pulls a shot in ABS-CBN dahil itong lalaki ay nakatsamba na ma-elect ng mga *** at pulpol na Pinoy bilang Bise-Presidente. Hindi matanggal-tanggal si Revillame sa kompanya dahil sa say ng asawa ni Noli.

Si Bise-Presidente Noli ay sangkot sa Legacy bank group na nanloko ng bilyon-bilyong deposito mula sa mga maliliit na depositors sa pamamagitan ng mga tinayo nilang rural, non-commercial banks. Ang mga bankong ito ay sabay-sabay halos na nagsara, ibig sabihin yung deposits were collectively absconded by the criminals who devised this banking racket. Sabi pa ng kumag na si Noli De Castro, "Go easy on Legacy, kasi nakatimbre yan sa akin." Hayop ka De Castro, the thieving case only proves that you'll never amount to any moral or statesmanship good. No wonder in the AM radio broadcast of my youthful days, binabatuk-batukan ka lang ni Rod Navarro because you're so dumb. You're even placed in the 4 am timeslot in which 90 percent of the people are still snoring on their beds. Coddler ka na ng criminal syndicate, padrino pa kayo ng mga hinayupak na katulad ni Revillame.

Yung magsasabi dito na malupit ang lengguahe ko laban kay Revillame, doon kayo magreklamo sa barangay. Because the continuous exposure of a man like Revillame on national television could put the most infernal idea someday in the useless minds of our people - and that is to put him to an elective political position. When that happens, he stops being just an annoying personality - its a mental-retard disaster for all of us.
« Last Edit: Feb 16, 2009 at 12:10 AM by taurus_cute »

Offline markcrenz

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #234 on: Feb 17, 2009 at 11:45 AM »
Annoying TV Personalities
1. willy revillame
1. kris aquino
1. mike enriquez

triple tie!
Sent from my Pentium 166MMX using PS/2 keyboard

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3193)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2577
« Reply #235 on: Feb 17, 2009 at 11:49 AM »
+1 on willy and kris
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #236 on: Feb 17, 2009 at 01:45 PM »
speaking of Kris Aquino, do we really need yet another showbiz news show? her show with Boy Abunda on primetime looks like a rehash of news heard on the buzz and that saturday afternoon show with Toni, Mariel, and Bianca. wala na ba talaga silang mapalabas?

and add Ruffa Gutierrez to the list--her fake accent with twang annoys the hell out of me; di ka naman foreigner, no? daig pa siya ni KC Concepcion--at least she speaks Tagalog well without fake accents or twangs.

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #237 on: Feb 17, 2009 at 05:43 PM »
speaking of Kris Aquino, do we really need yet another showbiz news show? her show with Boy Abunda on primetime looks like a rehash of news heard on the buzz and that saturday afternoon show with Toni, Mariel, and Bianca. wala na ba talaga silang mapalabas?

Because showbiz sells. And they sell very cheap. Same goes to GMA showbiz shows. :P

Honestly, I used to like Kris when she talks trivial matters but she gets my goat when she's tactless to her guests, contestants and virtually to anyone. Does anyone noticed how she sometimes belittles the poor guy chef in her now defunct Boy and Kris show?

« Last Edit: Feb 17, 2009 at 11:26 PM by thegoodbyeguy »

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3193)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2577
« Reply #238 on: Feb 17, 2009 at 05:45 PM »
maraming artistang inis din ke kris, kasi siya na ung host parang siya pa rin ung guest ;D
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 357
« Reply #239 on: Feb 17, 2009 at 07:36 PM »
Mike Enriquez >> you think the world was ending when he reports the news
Kris Aquino & Willie Revillame >> same as all previous reasons
Korina Sanchez >> for some reason, i get annoyed by this person