Author Topic: LOST Pinoy Films  (Read 39421 times)

Offline RMN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: LOST Pinoy Films
« Reply #120 on: May 22, 2007 at 12:24 PM »
It's his worst.

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #121 on: May 22, 2007 at 06:30 PM »

LIPAD, DARNA, LIPAD! Touted as the best Darna movie ever made directed by Emmanuel Borlaza, Joey Gosiengfiao and Elwood Perez released in March 23, 1973 from Sine Pilipino Prods. The print is now considered lost. The showdown between Vilma Santos and Gloria Romero as the Impakta at the top of the church is a must see in this movie. Celia Rodriguez in the camp vignette in another episode as Valentina  provides the famous line as she sees Darna flying over Rizal Park at lunch time......"sino ang babaeng yan na mababa ang lipad?!  ;D
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007 at 06:31 PM by keating »

Offline outtkastt

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #122 on: May 22, 2007 at 07:45 PM »
Hi there! May I also add another LOST Pinoy film? This was the landmark film "LIPAD, DARNA, LIPAD" which catapulted Star for all Seasons VILMA SANTOS (now the Governor-elect of Batangas) to MOVIE QUEEN status. Released in March 1973, this trilogy broke all existing box-office records at that time with Vilma eclipsing all her contemporries including her biggest rival at that time.

"LIPAD, DARNA LIPAD" featured Vilma Santos as Darna and alter ego Narda. Based on the famous Mars Ravelo character and produced by Sine Pilipino, the first episode "Babaing Impakta" was directed by Emmanuel Borlaza with GLORIA ROMERO playing Darna's "manananggal" nemesis; the second episode "Babaing Ahas" was directed by Elwood Perez with CELIA RODRIGUEZ playing Valentina (in my opinion the best Valentina of them all); and the third episode "Babaing Lawin" was directed by the late Joey Gosiengfiao with LIZA LORENA playing the hawkwoman. "Lipad" was the greatest Darna film ever made and the producers have reported this monumental film as LOST with no surviving copies whatsoever!

Two (2) other Sine Pilipino productions which were also huge solo hits for Vilma prior to this Darna film are also LOST. These are "TAKBO, VILMA, DALI!" (1972), a suspense thriller where Vilma starred with the late great Miss RITA GOMEZ, and "HATINGGABI NA, VILMA!" (1972), another thriller where Vilma was pitted against veteran actress BARBARA PEREZ. Both films were written and directed by JOEY GOSIENGFIAO.

For any info on these LOST CLASSICS, please text me at 0917-884 8503 or contact the administrator of www.vilmasantos.net.

Thanks!

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #123 on: May 23, 2007 at 07:20 PM »

Another classic film lost already in oblivion.

Offline john m.

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: Dec 27, 2007 at 02:56 PM »
hello.
just found this site a few days ago.
share ko lang ang story ko.
me and my close friend love old filipino movies, minsan nagpunta kami sa isang old video store dito sa san diego at we could not believe ang mga movies nila na nagkalat lang. so we decided to buy some of them. mga $3.00 lang ang isa...happy nga yung mayari dahil wala na nga daw nagrerent nang mga movies na yon.tapos sabi nung mayari ay sa inyo na lang yung iba...na nandoon sa bodega, kaya lang kayo ang maghalunkat at marurumihan kayo doon. pero we dont care at all. sige smokey mountain kaming dalawa...nang matapos kami ay super dumi namin pero happy naman kami.

walang sinabi yung mga films ngayon compared sa mga movies nung 70's and 80's.
nakakamiss talaga...thanks ....sorry mahaba

Offline llanesmark777

• DVD Addict
  • You don't know the power of the dark side.
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: Jan 03, 2008 at 04:15 PM »
Are you sure it was lost? Viva produced NINJA KIDS also during the 80's. 

Its not lost. Viva released the vcd of the film 2 years ago. But they never reproduced a copy again.

Offline llanesmark777

• DVD Addict
  • You don't know the power of the dark side.
  • Liked:
« Reply #126 on: Jan 03, 2008 at 04:16 PM »
I'm looking for a copy of Patayin sa sindak si Barbarra.

Offline Adran

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: Jan 12, 2008 at 01:39 AM »
This thread is dedicated to Filipino films that are presumably lost, neglect and doesn't exist anymore and sometimes lurking in other countries. Let's start with the great Lino Brocka's directorial debut.....WANTED:PERFECT MOTHER.

Most of Sine Pilipino Prods. like Bernals' ZOOM, ZOOM SUPERMAN, SI POPEYE ATBP cannot be found anymore. Film curator Teddy Co even ask Elwood Perez & Joey Gosiengfiao who were Douglas Quijano's co-producer during its time attest that they can't find a copy anymore.

Here are some LOST FILIPINO FILMS:

DAIGDIG NG MGA API- said to be the HOLY GRAIL OF PHILIPPINE CINEMA
EL FILIBUSTERISMO
WANTED: PERFECT MOTHER
ZOOM ZOOM SUPERMAN
SI POPEYE ATBP.
BINHI
SUPERGIRL
ELEKTRIKA
BAGONG HARI

FWI my friend found  the reel, isang can of Elektrika Kasi eh' kaya nga lang mahal daw ang pa transfer nito, and he's not sure kung ito ay boung pelikula. Also nakita din nya same place ung Darna at Impakta at malutong na raw ung negatives nito. Supergirl was shown sa Sky Cable at colored pa ito. 

Offline Adran

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: Jan 12, 2008 at 02:15 AM »

I know that Unex a movie film distributor sa Indonesia bought Lipad Darna Lipad in April of 73.

LIPAD, DARNA, LIPAD! Touted as the best Darna movie ever made directed by Emmanuel Borlaza, Joey Gosiengfiao and Elwood Perez released in March 23, 1973 from Sine Pilipino Prods. The print is now considered lost. The showdown between Vilma Santos and Gloria Romero as the Impakta at the top of the church is a must see in this movie. Celia Rodriguez in the camp vignette in another episode as Valentina  provides the famous line as she sees Darna flying over Rizal Park at lunch time......"sino ang babaeng yan na mababa ang lipad?!  ;D

Offline d4nu65+3R

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • "i'm real when it's useful."
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #129 on: Jan 12, 2008 at 09:28 AM »
i dont know if this has been asked before, but i need to say it.  how come there are existing prints of old 50s and 60s movies while some of the classic films of an era as recent as the 70s are lost?  It's really depressing to think that we've lost a great part of filipino legacy with these movies.
kunsabagay, just watching old 80s films on cinema one, you really notice how badly discolored and out of focus some of the movies are.

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #130 on: Jan 12, 2008 at 12:36 PM »
Most of Sine Pilipino Prods. and those rare Pinoy films have been shown on channel 13 back in the late 70's up to the early 80's. If you grew up during those years, you are lucky enough to catch those films including ELEKTRIKA, SI POPEYE ATBP and ZOOM ZOOM SUPERMAN. I believe the umatic transfer was on their archive but got lost after the Edsa Revolution.

The Edsa revolt shut down also the Second Golden Age of Philippine Cinema.

Offline RMN

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: Jan 16, 2008 at 11:13 AM »
SOFIA (Society of Film Archivists) will have its general assembly and elections on Jan 31 at 1 pm at the CCP multi-purpose hall on the 4th flr. Everyone whose heart is into preserving film heritage is invited to attend and be a member.
« Last Edit: Jan 16, 2008 at 02:15 PM by RMN »

Offline ralfy

• DVD Guru
  • I am the Mountie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: Jan 16, 2008 at 02:21 PM »
Thanks, RMN. I saw this site in the past:

http://www.seapavaa.org/

Is it connected to SOFIA? Also, does the group have a mailing list or website containing announcements?

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: Jan 20, 2008 at 11:54 AM »
Desperately seeking ‘Burlesk Queen’

By Bayani San Diego Jr.
Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 07:22:00 12/31/2007

MANILA, Philippines – Hailed by some critics as a modern Filipino movie classic, “Burlesk Queen” is also something of a Holy Grail for film archivists.

According to urban legend, a copy of “Burlesk Queen” was irretrievably lost after a storage room in the Manila Film Center was flooded following heavy rains sometime in the 1980s.

Film archivist Teddy Co, however, told Inquirer Entertainment that the last known copy of “Burlesk” had been damaged “in a film laboratory’s warehouse, not at the MFC, but also because of a sudden downpour.”

Co said, “Film archives have three known enemies: flood, fire and war. That’s why we have recovered very few films from the 1930s and 1940s.”

But Celso Ad. Castillo’s “Burlesk Queen” is a fairly recent movie. It was the controversial landslide winner in the hotly contested 1977 Metro Manila Film Festival.

In a recent interview with Inquirer Entertainment, Castillo corrected the impression that his film was “lost forever.”

“I was told by [producer] Manny Nuqui that a copy was found in Germany,” Castillo said. “And I heard that the current owner has a high asking price. Maybe he is aware of the film’s importance.”

Nuqui, president of the Philippine Motion Pictures Producers Association (PMPPA), confirmed that he had heard of an existing copy of “Burlesk” in Europe.

“Mowelfund was tasked to recover it years after its producer, Ian Film Productions, sold it abroad in the late 1970s,” Nuqui related.

Nick Deocampo, Mowelfund director, informed Inquirer Entertainment that “Burlesk Queen” is available on VCD. “But it’s blurry,” he said, “made from a Betamax copy.”

He also said that Mowelfund had traced “negative and print copies” to the present owner, Manfred Diurneok, based in Frankfurt, Germany.

Deocampo recalled that, a few years back, Diurneok had asked Mowelfund for “round-trip business class tickets” so terms of the resale could be negotiated in Manila.

“It was a reasonable request,” Deocampo noted, “but no one picked it up, and the deal fell through.”

Could “Burlesk” ever come home?

Castillo certainly hopes so.

The film is occasionally aired on cable TV, he said. “But watching it on the big screen is a completely different experience.”

Just as optimistic about the “Burlesk” retrieval is its lead star, Batangas Gov. Vilma Santos.

“‘Burlesk’ is one of my favorite movies,” she said. “It was a turning point in my career. From my pa-sweet image, I dared become a more serious actress.”

Offline yamota

• Collector
  • Digging deeper
  • Liked:
« Reply #134 on: Feb 01, 2008 at 08:51 AM »
With the new "Palos" TV show on ABS-CBN, you'd think they'd release at least one of the old Bernard Bonnin "Palos" movies on DVD or VCD, right? Or are they lost as well?

Offline dra_leia

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #135 on: Mar 03, 2008 at 08:22 AM »
hi..i've been looking for chiquito and rene requestas films/movies. can you tell me where i can find it? thank you!

Offline dellennon

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #136 on: Mar 11, 2008 at 08:44 AM »
I found some Chiquito films in one old video shop in Bambang, Sta. Cruz, Manila..

Prinsipe Abante
Mang Kepweng
Mang Kepweng Final Conflict
Buelta Force
Takbo Peter Takbo
Boljak
Rocky Fourma
Alamat ng Kwadradong Mesa

I got some Rene's too..

Prinsipe Abante at ang Lihim ng Ibong Adarna
Ang LEon at ang Tigre
Luv Ko si Ma'am
Small Medium en Large

hi..i've been looking for chiquito and rene requestas films/movies. can you tell me where i can find it? thank you!

Offline jjjeronimo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1203
« Reply #137 on: Jun 09, 2009 at 04:25 PM »
Hey Jojo someone has the film reel of SUPERGIRL and ELEKTRIKA. Jeez..... I almost fell on the couch and got a heart attack! :o

New here.  Anyway, I was excited to find out about this.  So, are there any developments?

As for the topic, I would like to add a few:

One is Tarzan vs Tansan starring Vic Vargas and Dolphy

Another film also stars Vic Vargas but I can't remember the title.  Basta the story revolved around twins in Bataan during WW2.  In the end, one of the twins died while they were trying to escape when Bataan fell.  This movie got me really interested in war movies, and I remember watching this over and over again.  Anyone remember the title of this movie?

Offline lee1009

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: Jan 26, 2010 at 01:32 PM »
I have a copy of Wanted Perfect Mother, the classic film and not the Regine Velasquez' version

Offline R2

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #139 on: Jan 29, 2010 at 09:07 AM »
Hey, guys! I wonder if you've come across this article on Gerardo De Leon's El Filibusterismo (pay special attention to the "comments" section)? Are we missing on something here?

http://video48.blogspot.com/2009/11/stills-from-gerry-de-leons-el.html

Offline Mrbluetop

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #140 on: Jun 04, 2013 at 09:23 PM »
I need a copy of boljak movie ni chiquito. Pls help me if you have one. Thanks.

Offline XmetaL

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #141 on: Jun 04, 2013 at 09:48 PM »
Pacific Connection by Nepomuceno Films. Starring Roland Dantes a a bunch of International cast.

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #142 on: Jun 04, 2013 at 10:17 PM »

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #143 on: Jun 08, 2013 at 01:23 PM »
How about the X44 movies?  :D
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II