Author Topic: New Clear Casings for Ultimate Editions  (Read 8166 times)

Offline weddingsingr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • And I am a material girl... or boy.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
New Clear Casings for Ultimate Editions
« on: Aug 22, 2001 at 01:04 AM »
For those who have or have seen the new style of clear casings for Notting Hill, Meet Joe Black, and Patch Adams Ultimate Editions, what can you say about it?

In my case kasi I eh super naaliw ako sa bagong case na ito.  I was only planning to have the the Notting Hill and Meet Joe Black but the Patch Adams completes the series so I got it na rin.
« Last Edit: Jan 01, 1970 at 08:00 AM by 1016344800 »

Offline gonz

• Konsehal
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
Re: New Clear Casings for Ultimate Editions
« Reply #1 on: Aug 22, 2001 at 02:04 AM »
Hi weddingsingr -- I bought the Notting Hill Ultimate Edition, but the clear case didn't influence my decision to buy it.  My wife and I both enjoy the movie, and that's why I bought it.

I note however that its case is the same as that of my copy of Sex and the City season one, which I consider bad news.  While the case may look cool, the edges are very fragile and prone to tearing.  My Sex and the City case is nearly half-torn down one side, after normal use.  Doesn't look like it will last for long.
It's always darkest just before it gets pitch black.

Offline DVDMe

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Aug 22, 2001 at 09:23 AM »
Hi weddingsingr,

I already have the American Pie Ultimate Collection, clear din ang casing.  Baka gusto mo ito idagdag sa collection mo.

Maganda sa maganda tignan pero para mas madali maluma ang ganitong casing.  Kailangan lang siguro doble ingat para di masira yun casing...

Offline benny

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Aug 22, 2001 at 11:33 AM »
Most of my R2 dvds come in clear cases. You might want to start collecting R2, weddingsingr  ;)

Offline weddingsingr

• DVD Guru
  • And I am a material girl... or boy.
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Aug 22, 2001 at 08:30 PM »
Actually, I got Notting Hill kasi even though I prefer You've Got Mail over it, eh its one of those films na kahit everytime pinapalabas sa cable eh I still watch it, especially certain parts I love like the seasonal walk.  So the UE gave me all the reason to buy it na.

As for Meet Joe Black eh same situation with Notting Hill na kapag pinapalabas sa cable eh pinapanood ko. The 3 reasons why I got it was UE na, DTS, at baka mayroon akong ma- Mylene Dizon with it some day.  Then when I saw the case eh it gave me 1 more reason.

As for Patch Adams, I'm still thinking about it pa kung itatago ko or ibebenta ko na lang.  I also like watching it everytime pinapalabas sa cable but...  Anyway hindi ko pa siya binubuksan eh.

So dapat pala talaga eh nililipat ko sa spare cases ito when somebody is borrowing it to lessen chances of it tearing.

Funny nga kasi for DVDs na magaganda ang casing, I usually transfer it to spare cases kapag trip ko siyang madalas panoorin, just to preserve the casing.  Yuong T2 UE ko nga eh nakabalot pa sa plastic ang metal casing niya eh.  Will do the same with my Akira once I open it.

Thanks for the insights guys.

Thanks for the feedback guys.  

Offline Warsaw

• Collector
  • Listen to the silence...
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Feb 17, 2002 at 05:56 AM »
I hope all Ultimate Editions have cases like this one, it would be very collectible
Listen to the silence...

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Aug 07, 2004 at 09:44 PM »
wow.. nice piece of history from our pinoydvd godfathers.  to add to the list of titles, here are some new releases with clear casings:

Legend: Ultimate Edition    Cats: Ultimate Edition

get these dvds for your collection before mag-OOP. :)

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Aug 08, 2004 at 02:56 PM »
Legend Ultimate Edition was the first DVD (and the last) that I bought with this type of casing. It's very hard to maintain because it is very prone to scratches, and once you've opened it, it won't stay the same way. That's why I always think twice everytime I'm planning to buy DVDs with this type of casing. I don't like it, personally. The only reason I bought Legend is because it has Tom Cruise in it and it's directed by Ridley Scott, not to mention that it has both the theatrical and the director's cut...
The sun itself sees not 'til heaven clears.

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Aug 09, 2004 at 04:28 PM »
Legend Ultimate Edition was the first DVD (and the last) that I bought with this type of casing. It's very hard to maintain because it is very prone to scratches, and once you've opened it, it won't stay the same way. That's why I always think twice everytime I'm planning to buy DVDs with this type of casing. I don't like it, personally. The only reason I bought Legend is because it has Tom Cruise in it and it's directed by Ridley Scott, not to mention that it has both the theatrical and the director's cut...

oh i see. no worries, i believe LEGEND would be the last in the series of sensitive ultimate editions packaging. so collectors, start completing your line up.

likewise, i am having a hard time maintaining and shipping these dvds because of the high risks of "breakability". primarily, i bought these dvds for the never again to be seen features which can't be found on any current releases of the same film. as a rule of thumb, i suggest you handle the dvds carefully and with an extra ultimate protection. once you have maintained the pristine quality of these dvds, you'll be amazed on the extent of rewards your time and collector's hands can reap for you. .. take Meet Joe Black Ultimate Edition for example. :)

feel free to correct me (if am wrong), but the dvds with this specialized casings are more prone to finger prints rather than scratches.  i am happy though, at least, once in the history of dvds, universal has given us something different... something collectible!!!

for those things mentioned above, i have no reason to complain ... now, if only i can get the american wedding ultimate edition.. san pa kaya to available? ???

help..

:)
« Last Edit: Aug 09, 2004 at 04:32 PM by hemisphere1234 »

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Aug 09, 2004 at 05:10 PM »

oh i see. no worries, i believe LEGEND would be the last in the series of sensitive ultimate editions packaging. so collectors, start completing your line up.

likewise, i am having a hard time maintaining and shipping these dvds because of the high risks of "breakability". primarily, i bought these dvds for the never again to be seen features which can't be found on any current releases of the same film. as a rule of thumb, i suggest you handle the dvds carefully and with an extra ultimate protection. once you have maintained the pristine quality of these dvds, you'll be amazed on the extent of rewards your time and collector's hands can reap for you. .. take Meet Joe Black Ultimate Edition for example. :)

feel free to correct me (if am wrong), but the dvds with this specialized casings are more prone to finger prints rather than scratches.  i am happy though, at least, once in the history of dvds, universal has given us something different... something collectible!!!

for those things mentioned above, i have no reason to complain ... now, if only i can get the american wedding ultimate edition.. san pa kaya to available? ???

help..

Yes, it's also prone to fingerprints but it's unlike the very first edition of X-Men wherein fingerprints are really visible once you got a hold on it. I can easilly remove fingerprints, but those tiny (and almost invisible) scratches... sorry boss hemisphere, when i say scratches, those are the fine lines na nakikita ko sa casing, if only you can see all my amaray cases' plastics which are scratch-free, I mean, it's my preference kasi...

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Aug 09, 2004 at 05:19 PM »

Yes, it's also prone to fingerprints but it's unlike the very first edition of X-Men wherein fingerprints are really visible once you got a hold on it. I can easilly remove fingerprints, but those tiny (and almost invisible) scratches... sorry boss hemisphere, when i say scratches, those are the fine lines na nakikita ko sa casing, if only you can see all my amaray cases' plastics which are scratch-free, I mean, it's my preference kasi...

well.. i can understand... no reason to apologize. let us celebrate our different preferences and diversity.  boring pag isang opinion lang.. hehehe.. welcome lahat. :) let us educate ourselves...

oo nga. may mga almost invisible scratch sa disc holder. be careful na lang pre para pag nag OOP ang Legend, meron ka na.. medyo OT, but i like the digipack casings more..

« Last Edit: Aug 09, 2004 at 05:20 PM by hemisphere1234 »

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Aug 09, 2004 at 08:51 PM »

well.. i can understand... no reason to apologize. let us celebrate our different preferences and diversity.  boring pag isang opinion lang.. hehehe.. welcome lahat. :) let us educate ourselves...

oo nga. may mga almost invisible scratch sa disc holder. be careful na lang pre para pag nag OOP ang Legend, meron ka na.. medyo OT, but i like the digipack casings more..

But bro sometimes in digipack casings....the hub of the discs are very hard to lift. Bad luck lang siguro kamay ko when it comes to these type of casings.

Out of topic....did you open your Onibaba cc na?

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Aug 09, 2004 at 08:56 PM »

But bro sometimes in digipack casings....the hub of the discs are very hard to lift. Bad luck lang siguro kamay ko when it comes to these type of casings.

Out of topic....did you open your Onibaba cc na?

yep an di have reported to benny.. flawless. perfect condition ang onibaba.. :) teka panuorin ko nga ngayon .. umuulan pa naman. .. see you brod.

Offline Y_meeh

• DVD Addict
  • I want adventure in the great wide somewhere-belle
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Aug 09, 2004 at 08:59 PM »
if thats your prob boss with digipack... my prob naman with gatefold packaging eh parang malalaglag na yung discs sa sobrang luwag ng pagkakahold nya... had to secure the discs with tapes to make sure it will hold  :)
Lyf seems a succession of busy nothings - Austen

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Aug 09, 2004 at 09:00 PM »

yep an di have reported to benny.. flawless. perfect condition ang onibaba.. :) teka panuorin ko nga ngayon .. umuulan pa naman. .. see you brod.

OIC....me curse yata sa kin that criterion...anyway happy viewing bro! Tamang-tama yan sa weather...

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Aug 10, 2004 at 07:39 AM »

k, thanks

Offline stannum

• Collector
  • Huh? Me, a collector?
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Aug 10, 2004 at 05:48 PM »
Hmm ... so would casings like these eventually be phased out? I'm planning to get a copy of Legend sometime in the near future, but I don't think I want it to come in this kind of case. Also, Legend and Cats UE are both described on Amazon as being in a "Keep Case" (no other specifics, so no indication of the exact type of keep case).
Je ne regrette rien.

Offline diver

• DVD Guru
  • squeeze meee !!! quack quack
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Aug 10, 2004 at 06:46 PM »

Is this the casing that you guys are talking about ?  I like this case kasi it has it's own personality.  It looks special kasi it's so different from the regular packaging or dvd case. . . That's just my opinion of course   ;D
"Life is a work of art, designed by the one who lives it."

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Aug 10, 2004 at 09:12 PM »

Is this the casing that you guys are talking about ?  I like this case kasi it has it's own personality.  It looks special kasi it's so different from the regular packaging or dvd case. . . That's just my opinion of course   ;D

that's the one diver.. :)

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Aug 11, 2004 at 07:57 AM »

Is this the casing that you guys are talking about ?  I like this case kasi it has it's own personality.  It looks special kasi it's so different from the regular packaging or dvd case. . . That's just my opinion of course   ;D

Of course it's special for me also, and because I treated it as special, I was having a hard time maintaining it, that's all...

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Jul 16, 2005 at 02:00 AM »
I'm interested on what the Meet Joe Black Ultimate Edition looks Like?

I cant remember seeing such on retail stores, Legend UE and Cats UE.. a lot.. but the mentioned Joe Black.. Nada for me :'(

The reason why I got my interest on the ultimate edition is simply because it includes (unconfirmed on my end) the original Death Takes a Holiday .. Is this true guys?
[img width=163 height=49]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b221/x

Offline barrid

• DVD Guru
  • What's on your mind?
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Jul 16, 2005 at 05:50 AM »
Meet Joe Black has the same casing shown above. Death Takes A Holiday is in disc 2 together with some extra.
There's something to learn everyday

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Jul 19, 2005 at 12:50 PM »
Geez... Meet Joe Black was a pain in the head with the price it shows on Auction Sites....

Averaging $40 to $60? with an Ultimate Edition? well thats how I guess OOP drills the collector's market

Thank Barrid for the info...

Offline ryu

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Jul 19, 2005 at 02:31 PM »
Notting Hill Ultimate Edition
Meet joe Black UE
American Pie UE
Legend UE
Patch Adams UE
Cats UE
Dirty Dancing UE (but different clear case. This is more of clear slip cover)

Aside from these titles, meron pa bang iba?
« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2005 at 02:32 PM by Egg »

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Jul 22, 2005 at 01:48 AM »
Wow, after checking/researching info of Meet Joe Black in PinoyDVD..

I found out that this is one of the Most Sought After DVD, Especially the Ultimate Edition

Now I know why it hard to find, its an OOP

Some interesting transactions below that made me drooling to get my own copy (Im so intrigued :o )

To those who aquired below the said Ultimate Edition, care to share if its worth the price you bought it? Highly appreciate your inputs.

-     Looking For Meet Joe Black

-     Meet Joe Black for P700.00

-     Meet Joe Black for P1100.00

-     Meet Joe Black Ultimate Edition Sold

-     Meet Joe Black Ultimate Edition Sold for P2600.00

-     Meet Joe Black Ultimate Edition sold for P4000.00

« Last Edit: Jul 22, 2005 at 02:27 AM by xage »

Offline barrid

• DVD Guru
  • What's on your mind?
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Jul 22, 2005 at 04:51 AM »
Got my Meet Joe Black UE from Columbiahouse, when I started my membership. Baka naman may kopya pa sila.
There's something to learn everyday

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Jul 22, 2005 at 10:09 AM »
Got my Meet Joe Black UE from Columbiahouse, when I started my membership. Baka naman may kopya pa sila.

Thanks Barrid, they dont carry anymore the UE, only the widescreen

Offline ryu

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Sep 25, 2005 at 10:51 AM »
Picture of clear casings for ultimate edition.
Not sure if this is complete already, but I remember these were the only titles I liked.

[x]
« Last Edit: Apr 23, 2006 at 11:55 AM by Egg »

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Sep 25, 2005 at 11:01 AM »
90% of your collection EGG are OOP!...