Author Topic: TV Personalities We Love  (Read 4348 times)

Offline killer_blow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
TV Personalities We Love
« on: Mar 03, 2006 at 12:55 PM »
We've listed the tv personalities we hated, celebrities we loath and even non-showbiz people who send us ballistic. This is a different thread altogether, not to instigate hatred, but show to others that there are certain personalities too that we love.

Here's my list:

1. Bernadette Sembrano
2. David Celdran
3. Mel Tiangco
4. Sen. Juan Flavier
5. Dr. Margie Holmes
6. Keanna Reeves
7. Regine Velasquez
8. Uma of PBB
9. Ai-Ai delas Alas
10. Maverick and Ariel

Well, if you'd like to put your ire on a particular celebrity, jsut click on this:

]http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=47853.80

Searching for the scent of content...Oh know it's the killer blow

Offline garfield_3199

• Collector
  • Votre vie vraie est celle que vous avez.
  • Liked:
Re: TV Personalities We Love
« Reply #1 on: Mar 04, 2006 at 07:36 PM »
Only 1 local TV personality can stop me from channel surfing.... Kimpee de Leon.  ;D

Offline Hitman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Guru
  • Signature Move: The Sharpshooter
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #2 on: Aug 04, 2007 at 07:37 PM »
Efren "BAta" Reyes

very humble ;)

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Aug 14, 2007 at 10:12 PM »

JESSICA SOHO. ;) Saw her pilot episode of Hot Seat in QTV-11 (with Manny Pacquio as guest) and she really handle the show very smoothly.  Hindi OA tulad ni Mike Enriquez! Hindi pa-impress tulad ng ibang news personalities.

Offline sosy_high

• Collector
  • Missing you...
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Aug 16, 2007 at 02:49 PM »
^Too bad masama ugali niya...

for me:

1) Nene Tamayo
2) Maricel Soriano
3) Bernadette Sembrano

Offline chalkdust_

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Oct 16, 2007 at 05:33 PM »
I'll have to agree with the first poster about David Celdran.  :) He's smart, well-spoken and pleasant.

I also like the um, old lady (sorry! I swear I can't remember) who hosts the travel show on Studio 23. I like the fact that she's adventurous and eager to learn about where she is.

Lalaine (the kid from Lizzie Maguire) on the Channel 99 segment she hosts. I was prepared to think that she'd be a little obnoxious but after watching her I thought she was pretty game about the whole thing and she's very charismatic too. I'm a fan now.  ;D

Cheche Lazaro

Jayson/Jason Gainza

The kids from Goin' Bulilit - okay so a lot of the jokes are corny but going past that I can see that a lot of these kids are actually smarter than they look. The kid (for one) who plays Korina Kanchez really seems astute and aware of what she's saying more than some adult personalities who don't process what they're reading off idiot boards.

I used to like Donita Rose but she's not on tv now.

Internationally I'm very partial to Ellen because she's got energy, charisma, is extremely pleasant and she doesn't have to 'gay' it up while at the same time being open about who she is. --On the other hand Rosie O' Donnell turns everything into a personal comment against her OR political attack (let's not forget the Clay Aiken thing and her fight with Hasselbeck. You may not agree with her politics but you have to be respectful.) Props for being unwavering but there has to be some sort of compromise.  ::)

I also like Conan O' Brien, Amy Poehler and Tina Fey.

Offline yamota

• Collector
  • Digging deeper
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Oct 16, 2007 at 11:48 PM »
I like David Bromstadt and Danielle Hirsch from HGTV's "Color Splash", they make interior design fun for us straight guys

Offline killer_blow

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Oct 22, 2007 at 09:22 AM »
I also like the um, old lady (sorry! I swear I can't remember) who hosts the travel show on Studio 23. I like the fact that she's adventurous and eager to learn about where she is.

Was it Susan Calo-Medina?
Searching for the scent of content...Oh know it's the killer blow

Offline looks

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Oct 23, 2007 at 04:23 PM »
jackie chan! cute, funny tska galing ng mga stunts nya at higit sa lahat, mejo kahawig ko kc. bwahahaha ;D

Offline docsebo

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Oct 23, 2007 at 06:49 PM »
Cindy Kurleto! She's cute and she fits in any show you put her

Offline deweyfinn

• DVD Guru
  • ...still kickin' arse....
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #10 on: Oct 29, 2007 at 04:37 PM »
Cindy Kurleto! She's cute and she fits in any show you put her

She's also quite approachable...got to meet her once sa Eastwood, mabait siya.

Too bad...medyo nasasayang na siya sa Eat Bulaga.  Btw, is it true she's now in Peru with her foreigner BF...too bad, local showbiz would miss her beauty.

Offline jpodvd

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Oct 30, 2007 at 11:55 AM »
too bad..

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Oct 30, 2007 at 09:59 PM »

I like Cindy Kurleto's beauty and you could really see in her aura that she's a nice lady. I just got shocked when she agreed to posed for an FHM cover few years back. I still like her. I believe she's a beauty inside and out. ;)

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Feb 18, 2008 at 12:46 AM »

I just love Susan Enriquez. Just recently saw her in the second episode of One Proud Mama (OPM) in QTV. I find her funny yet at the same time credible whever she dons a news reporting. She has this infectious laugh whenever she's doing something on her own show Kay Susan Tayo.

Offline docsebo

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Feb 18, 2008 at 03:25 AM »

I just love Susan Enriquez. Just recently saw her in the second episode of One Proud Mama (OPM) in QTV. I find her funny yet at the same time credible whever she dons a news reporting. She has this infectious laugh whenever she's doing something on her own show Kay Susan Tayo.

Yes she's very amusing, and she doesn't hold any airs. tao kung tao.
she's one of those tv personalities na pwede mo ring makita kung saan saan and she doesn't distance herself from the people ^-^

Offline Swiss Knife

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Feb 22, 2008 at 08:15 AM »
I really like Jay Taruc and Doc Ferds.  The former for his excellent documentaries and the latter for being cute.  ;)  Another one would be Vicky Morales who I find very warm and sincere.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #16 on: Feb 22, 2008 at 05:33 PM »
^Too bad masama ugali niya... (referring to Jessica Soho)

for me:

1) Nene Tamayo
2) Maricel Soriano
3) Bernadette Sembrano

Just saw this today. Funny that Jessica Soho has been tagged as "masama ang ugali" and yet you've got Bernadette Sembrano on your list of likable personalities. No one liked Sembrano in GMA and even in ABS-CBN because of her primadonna and very materialistic attitude.

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Feb 23, 2008 at 12:25 AM »

Just saw this today. Funny that Jessica Soho has been tagged as "masama ang ugali" and yet you've got Bernadette Sembrano on your list of likable personalities. No one liked Sembrano in GMA and even in ABS-CBN because of her primadonna and very materialistic attitude.

I agree with your thoughts but of course to each his own impression of every celebrity. I once read in a Ricky Lo column in Philippine Star that he got pissed off by Bernadette's 'acting' (coupled with crocodile tears) when she mentioned that she will be leaving ABS, only to find out it's just a short vacation the reason she's going away. She made it dramatic what could have been just a simple announcement to viewers that she won't be seen for a while in the morning show.

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Feb 25, 2008 at 08:25 PM »

Yet another T.V. personality I love happens to be in the news department as well of Kapuso Network. The woman I'm referring to is SANDRA AGUINALDO. For me, she's very natural and professional. I happened to saw her once in GMA when she passed by in the hallway (I think on her way to her job) and she smiled naturally to those who called her name while she was walking. I was, at that time, there to claimed my goodies for UNANG HIRIT's BOSES NG MASA. ;D I feel bad for her during the time when she was about to interview the then running for President FPJ. I could almost hear the words uttered by Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman in Batman Returns: "How could you? I'm a woman!" :(