Author Topic: Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Edition  (Read 22479 times)

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Edition
« Reply #30 on: Apr 24, 2006 at 10:36 AM »
caught this at around 10 last night... had to watch it because a friend's friend did the interior deco of the house for this edition... very nice and modern design  ;D

yep... almost all the girls are quite attractive... makes me want to get the live feed  ;D
the guys seem okay too except for the first guy they introduced... medyo kupaloids ang dating since he kept saying that girls flock to him or something like that... but there seems to be a good mix of personalities and backgrounds... however, parang "stereotypes" of teens ang kinuha nila.. the jock, the braniac, the beauty queen, the angsty female, etc...

Let's see what happens... given the personalities and the looks of the participants, I'm expecting some "hot" action sometime in the next 6 weeks....  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
« Reply #31 on: Apr 24, 2006 at 11:06 AM »
Caught some of the intros of the new housemates--noticed that almost all their animated intros were using music from soundtracks of PlayStation and PlayStation 2 games, notably the Final Fantasy series, and Katamari Damacy. I wonder if ABS-CBN obtained permission and the rights to air music from those videogame OSTs?  Videogame music also falls under the Intellectual Property Rights thingy which one of their talents (Edu Manzano) keeps yapping about; if the network didn't obtain permission from the Japanese copyright holders of the music, then obviously they don't know what's going on in their own backyard.  :P
« Last Edit: Apr 24, 2006 at 11:07 AM by AshKetchum »

Offline pjayg

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • I am the Nocturnal Prince!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #32 on: Apr 24, 2006 at 11:55 AM »
very interesting housemates indeed.... all pretty girls i might add

Offline dorian_gray

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Bakla ako...may angal?
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Apr 24, 2006 at 12:22 PM »
Yes, nagsimula na ang Star Circle Quest Teen Edition este Pinoy Big Brother pala.

Mahihirapan akong magnasa sa mga HMs dahil puro bata. Feeling pedophile kapag ako naakit sa mga ito.

Offline kimpOy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #34 on: Apr 24, 2006 at 02:22 PM »
Yes, nagsimula na ang Star Circle Quest Teen Edition este Pinoy Big Brother pala.

My Thoughs Exactly

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #35 on: Apr 24, 2006 at 02:27 PM »
Hankey, did you get the 24/7 feed for the teen edition?

With the way they were censoring it with complete feed blackouts so as not to give away what will be shown during the prime time broadcast last season?

Nope. That completely defeats the purpose of having a live feed, don't you think?

And besides, any "hot" activity that might accidentally escape the censors this season would actually be bordering on illegal, right?  ;)

Plus, with Big Brother Australia 6, The Amazing Race 9, Survivor 12, and American Idol 5, it's a bit (a bit???  ;D) too much.
« Last Edit: Apr 24, 2006 at 02:32 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Apr 24, 2006 at 05:42 PM »
Its like The Breakfast Club reality show with the brain, beauty, jock, wala lang basket case.

Powerhouse! That lass from Assumption I hope she has brains also.
« Last Edit: Apr 24, 2006 at 05:43 PM by keating »

Offline talisman30

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Guru
  • Experience Results
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Apr 24, 2006 at 05:46 PM »
Its like The Breakfast Club reality show with the brain, beauty, jock, wala lang basket case.

Powerhouse! That lass from Assumption I hope she has brains also.

aha! sumusubaybay ka pala sa palatuntuning ito! hehehe... basta beautiful chicks alam ni sir keats... hehehe...
subscribe us at our pre-launch: www.streakdeals.com.ph
like us on facebook: streakdeals.com.ph

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Apr 24, 2006 at 05:51 PM »
aha! sumusubaybay ka pala sa palatuntuning ito! hehehe... basta beautiful chicks alam ni sir keats... hehehe...

If NINA has points of view also, that's two deadly combination, dude.  ;)

Offline talisman30

• DVD Guru
  • Experience Results
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Apr 24, 2006 at 05:56 PM »
If NINA has points of view also, that's two deadly combination, dude.  ;)

Haha! NINA nga is pretty bro. havent seen last nights episode. no electricity sa area namin due to regular maintenance...  :(

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Apr 24, 2006 at 08:33 PM »
Haha! NINA nga is pretty bro. havent seen last nights episode. no electricity sa area namin due to regular maintenance...  :(

The show is JOLOGS na JOLOGS. Definitely more exciting than the Celebrity Ed.  ;D

Offline talisman30

• DVD Guru
  • Experience Results
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Apr 25, 2006 at 01:58 PM »
The show is JOLOGS na JOLOGS. Definitely more exciting than the Celebrity Ed.  ;D

Jologs nga bro. just seen it for the first time on TV last night. pretty members din bro hehehe. hot mama yung isa. ;D

one of the first task was to look for the dog named "Disney". obviously Big Brother had a hard time on disciplining the kids and giving the instructions. tapos 5 more weeks to go pa? what a riot!!!

Offline jekoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Movielandia
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Apr 25, 2006 at 08:54 PM »
nag-away na raw sina olyn at mikki! mas matindi sa keanna-mitch arguments!  ;D
Absolutely no regrets!

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Apr 26, 2006 at 01:17 AM »
bb oz 6, nice... now why can't local cable operators offer a 24-hour feed fo that. LOL.  ;)

Here are instructions on how you can get a good taste of that with your DSL connection: http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=51076

8)

Offline Ek-ek

• Collector
  • Philatelist,Numismatist,Toy collector etc...
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Apr 26, 2006 at 02:18 PM »
Si Gerald, Umaming Gay!?!

Habang kumakain ang mga housemates ng kanilang pananghalian, nag-side-comment si Gerald na nagkaroon daw ng Rustom moments ang mga boys (tatlong boys to be exact, including him).

Dahil nito, matapos nilang kumain, nang-intriga ang mga girls kay Gerald. Mikki even commented na proud siya kay Gerald sa ginawa nitong pag-amin, especially since na taga-Mindanao din ito.

Sa kanilang confrontation with Gerald, tinanong na nina Mikki at Nina kung gay nga bang talaga si Gerald. At first, nag-deny ito. Pero kinulit pa rin ito ng dalawa. So sinagot na naman niya na joke lang ang pagsasabi niyang Rustom moments earlier. Hindi pa rin naniwala ang dalawang intrigerang girls. So, in passing, sinabi niyang gay nga siya, pero binawi ito immediately saying na hindi siya gay.

Offline Phobos

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Forum Nazi
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Apr 26, 2006 at 10:16 PM »
My God! It's a house full of ROXIES!

Offline inv99

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Apr 26, 2006 at 10:59 PM »
hehe for some reason, this edition is turning out pretty interesting... . First 3 days and we already got a catfight and a roxyfull of housemates  ;D

I also realized today that I appreciate Mariel's hosting of this edition more than Toni's. With Mariel's -- you hear more dialogues (which is very important on understanding the scenes). Toni seems to have an over-spiel'ing problem (if there is such a word).

Btw, this edition is turning out to be not that bad. I expected the worst, but so far it's been pretty watchable.

Mikki is an interesting (strong) character (and so is Olyn). She can certainly bring some spunk to the show. But I think what happened yesterday might be a pulling factor for her housemates to nominate her.

I like what she said upon leaving the altar  "Peace tayo for now....PERO DI PA TAYO TAPOS!". haha this girl is a winner; as real as it gets.  hehe ;D

Is this Cass in the making.....

CLARE (to someone):  Hala!  Di ka dumaan sa grass (as part of the traffic task).  Ayun, violence ka! Grin  ;D
« Last Edit: Apr 27, 2006 at 12:30 AM by inv99 »

Offline vision_of_love

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Apr 26, 2006 at 11:57 PM »
I disagree..only a relative/friend/die-hard fan ;D can appreciate Mariel's hosting,esp.when she says "kumusta naman yun"! ;D

She doesn't know when to stop,be it in a comma or period when delivering a sentence or phrase..she is more suited for Uplate edition...

Offline inv99

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Apr 27, 2006 at 12:25 AM »
hehe I guess i just got jaded with Tonis over-exposure for now. Also, I hear more dialogues of the housemates when Mariel is hosting -- coz she barely have any spiels or prelude of some sort which I prefer actually. I hear in the U.S. there is really no voice-overing of the BB show.

Offline jekoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Movielandia
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Apr 27, 2006 at 01:06 AM »
ako rin, i didn't like toni's spiels before. medyo nakakairita.
Absolutely no regrets!

Offline dorian_gray

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Bakla ako...may angal?
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Apr 27, 2006 at 02:31 AM »
Ano kaya gagawin ni Kuya kapag nakita niyang nagmimilagro ang mga bata?

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Apr 27, 2006 at 08:53 AM »
I like the spontaneity of Mariel. That bubbly personality translates well on TV. Toni's on-screen personality is just put on for the cameras while with Mariel you get the real deal -- she's that bubbly in person (and very friendly too!). As for the spiels, both of them do read the spiels the only difference is that Toni reads her spiels while Mariel continually ad-libs and modifies her spiels so you'd think that she is not reading at all -- something she learned from doing VJ work at MTV.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Apr 27, 2006 at 02:09 PM »
Count me in among the Mariel lovers. We actually had "a moment" during the PBB Finals when Toni was getting all the applause and Mariel got just one really loud yell of support when they were looking for "mga ka-tropang gising" from the audience.  ;D

As for the spiels, both of them do read the spiels the only difference is that Toni reads her spiels

You know, what amazed me from the PBB Finale was that it seemed like Toni MEMORIZES her spiels? I was looking for a teleprompter when she was rattling off a very long one, and couldn't find one. I was very impressed.

Did you subscribe to the 24/7 Feed, indie? Did anyone on this thread? I was feeling like I made a mistake in not subscribing after watching last night's hilarious episode, but that feeling disappeared after I caught BB Australia's free Uplate online broadcast. Definitely more than I can handle.

But I still feel sad that they're taking the decoder box away tomorrow!  :'(

;D

Offline garee

• DVD Addict
  • "your look, sounds familiar"
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Apr 27, 2006 at 02:49 PM »
bakit walang katulad nila franzen at budoy sa mga teen housemates?

Offline vision_of_love

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Apr 27, 2006 at 03:28 PM »
well there are two hm's that doesn't fit the bill ika nga..bam and yung nakaaway ni olyn..franzen/raquel/budoy mold ika nga ;D

about the toni/mariel situation...read this reactions from fans,
http://forums.abs-cbn.com/index.php?showtopic=31719   ;D

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Apr 27, 2006 at 04:46 PM »
Hankey, I got the 24/7 feed.

I think I mentioned a few months before that this edition has the potential to be a lot of fun. I think these kids are delivering in that respect. I finally got the feed tuesday afternoon, and ten minutes into what I was watching I saw that catfight between Olyn and Mikki, I knew then that this was going to be a roller coaster ride. :)

These kids have no emotional maturity yet -- more so Mikki -- that even the littlest things are so monumental to them. Just this noon, Mikki was distributing C2 bottles to the HMs. She tried to give Aldred a bottle by tossing one to him while the guy was in a swing (their daily task I think) and Aldred fell while trying to catch the bottle. When BB called him to the confession room to check if he was injured -- mikki started crying saying it's her fault! Funny stuff especially if you see her face.

The biggest reason for getting the 24/7 feed though is for Jamilla mah love!! Hehe. Good thing she's already 18 so I don't feel like such a perv getting enamored with her, hehe.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Apr 27, 2006 at 04:53 PM »
In fairness to Toni, she's really a hard worker. She really juggles a lot of work every single day and is really determined to reach the top. But she's also not that friendly. Not like Mariel who's really a WYSIWYG type of girl.

According to a source of mine, when the whole Season One gang was in Boracay, Toni was very grumpy and "plastic" and was visibly getting irritated with the fans that wanted to have pictures taken with her. Mariel, on the other hand, was constantly all smiles even though she was doing more work than Toni that day and haven't even eaten anything yet.

There was also a mix-up that happened at the end of that day. Toni and Mariel had already removed their make-up for the day when one of the staff approached them and said that the staff forgot that there should still be a photo shoot. Toni was visibly irked but Mariel was all game -- she just said "ok" and started putting her make-up back on. That girl's a trooper. She's also very sweet -- too bad I never got to kiss her when I interviewed her last year, hehe.

Offline Fox Mulder

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #57 on: Apr 27, 2006 at 06:48 PM »
I also prefer Mariel. Toni's antics are really getting to my nerves. It was such a relief when Mariel took over during the end of PBB celeb ed.

I am not sure but I think na-table ko na si Jamilla before :o

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Apr 27, 2006 at 07:05 PM »
She used the name Natalie in Airforce One.

Offline edboy7

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • My name is Juan Antonio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #59 on: Apr 27, 2006 at 07:40 PM »
She used the name Natalie in Airforce One.
really? galing tlaga ni pareng indie ;D  i like Mariel better too. mas looose siya mag host...pati yung mga suot niya. hhehehehehehe  any Nina fans here? ::) :-*