Author Topic: Nerveblocker's HT - jaBOOM TWINS  (Read 246956 times)

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Nerveblocker's HT (EPSON 8350 Powered)
« Reply #1350 on: Apr 25, 2011 at 06:27 AM »
nice doc, finally nakabit na rin.  :D

Offline vtec3

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #1351 on: Apr 25, 2011 at 06:44 AM »
Congrats Doc sa new PJ!

Offline alvinh

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Enjoy your gears. Have fun in your journey.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #1352 on: Apr 25, 2011 at 07:49 AM »
I'm glad dumating din at nakabit mo na Doc!  ;D
No regrets?
I'm still pretty happy with mine.
Learn the technology but also learn to trust your ears and eyes...and enjoy the journey.

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #1353 on: Apr 27, 2011 at 03:53 AM »
Ah finally we get to see some precious pics of your newly installed PJ. Congrat doc! That's a nice PJ. From your screen shots, even with HTPC it's already impressive so seeing the PQ with our own eyes, it'll be awesome! :D

Will wait for the next EB! ;)

Thanks Paul! It is really a big jump in PQ and detail sharpness compared to my previous AX100. Thought that I'd really settle for the AX100 for long with its superb performance and even bought a replacement lamp for it.  But then the full HD itch was really strong thus this purchase.  But of course nothing yet compared to your AE4000.  ;)

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1354 on: Apr 27, 2011 at 03:57 AM »
nice doc, finally nakabit na rin.  :D
Congrats Doc sa new PJ!

Thanks kagawad Ayns and brader Vhon! Trully a bang for the buck PJ!

I'm glad dumating din at nakabit mo na Doc!  ;D
No regrets?
I'm still pretty happy with mine.

The St. Rose EB really made me affirm the decision to buy. Thanks for the demo brader Alvs!  Sulit talaga!  ;D

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #1355 on: Apr 27, 2011 at 04:40 AM »
Thanks Paul! It is really a big jump in PQ and detail sharpness compared to my previous AX100. Thought that I'd really settle for the AX100 for long with its superb performance and even bought a replacement lamp for it.  But then the full HD itch was really strong thus this purchase.  But of course nothing yet compared to your AE4000.  ;)
ditto   :'(

buti nalang pwedeng makinood kila doc anytime  :D :D
still happy with your AX100 doc!  running Lamp hours @ 268   :)

si andrew doc nagreply kaso monday na yata  :D :D
ninjababez online ..

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1356 on: Apr 27, 2011 at 04:57 AM »

Yup the AX100 is still a performer. Di naman talaga ako maguupgrade...nakulam lang ng St. Rose boyz!  ;D

Offline XXXyzledge

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • NO more CEBU PACIFIC flights for me!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1357 on: Apr 27, 2011 at 09:29 AM »
Yup the AX100 is still a performer. Di naman talaga ako maguupgrade...nakulam lang ng St. Rose boyz!  ;D

congrats!

willing ka naman pakulam as evidenced by the purchase....  ;D ;D ;D
Cayin, RS1, Velo, QED, Bada         Sony4K, HK, B&W, SVS, Oppo, LaZboy....

Offline juanch

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • What is your profession?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 44
« Reply #1358 on: Apr 27, 2011 at 09:32 AM »
Woot Woot!

Congrats on you new PJ doc, that PJ is quite a performer.

Offline phipsi1

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1359 on: Apr 27, 2011 at 12:30 PM »
@nerveblocker

Congrats on the new Epson 8350. Am thinking about getting this Epson unit for my parents as a Wedding Anniversary gift (or buy 2 Panny PTAE 4000s, one for me & the other for them  ;D) because it's priced so competitively in the States & if I'm correct, even comes with a free bulb rebate at some internet direct stores. How has your experience been so far with the unit?

Cheers!

Whoa! I just saw the pics of your PJ in action, and I'm impressed. I'm sure, in person, the PQ is phenomenal and to think, I assume you haven't had the time to calibrate it....One thing I noticed when I was demo'ing PJs and had a chance to demo the 8700ub was an issue with flickering. I'm not sure if it was because I was using a Popcorn Hour A100 as my source or the PJ itself...Anyways, would really like to get your feedback on this PJ. Again...Congrats!
« Last Edit: Apr 27, 2011 at 12:34 PM by phipsi1 »

Offline gunblade977

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #1360 on: Apr 27, 2011 at 01:43 PM »
wow! congrats on the PJ doc ;)
Kelan kami papasyal ni Jami jan?

wahaha.. sensya na po... na misplace ang cellphone kaya Monday na nakareply.... kelan tayo pupunta?

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #1361 on: Apr 27, 2011 at 02:03 PM »
wahaha.. sensya na po... na misplace ang cellphone kaya Monday na nakareply.... kelan tayo pupunta?
hahaha basta weekend available ako bro  :)
si doc nalang intay natin, ang hilig ko kasi mang imbita, nakalimutan ko di pala sakin yung lugar.
btw bro, pasyal ka rin samin, para makita mo yung pinamana sakin ni tirso and doc mel ;D
ninjababez online ..

Offline gunblade977

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #1362 on: Apr 27, 2011 at 06:43 PM »
hahaha basta weekend available ako bro  :)
si doc nalang intay natin, ang hilig ko kasi mang imbita, nakalimutan ko di pala sakin yung lugar.
btw bro, pasyal ka rin samin, para makita mo yung pinamana sakin ni tirso and doc mel ;D

Oo nga! baka makalipat ka na ng apartment hindi pa ko nakakabisita ulit sayo !

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
« Reply #1363 on: Apr 27, 2011 at 09:51 PM »
@nerveblocker

Congrats on the new Epson 8350. Am thinking about getting this Epson unit for my parents as a Wedding Anniversary gift (or buy 2 Panny PTAE 4000s, one for me & the other for them  ;D) because it's priced so competitively in the States & if I'm correct, even comes with a free bulb rebate at some internet direct stores. How has your experience been so far with the unit?

Cheers!

Whoa! I just saw the pics of your PJ in action, and I'm impressed. I'm sure, in person, the PQ is phenomenal and to think, I assume you haven't had the time to calibrate it....One thing I noticed when I was demo'ing  PJs and had a chance to demo the 8700ub was an issue with flickering. I'm not sure if it was because I was using a Popcorn Hour A100 as my source or the PJ itself...Anyways, would really like to get your feedback on this PJ. Again...Congrats!

IMHO if you can afford the ae4000 then its the better choice. Compared the 8350 vs ae4000 out of the box, the ae4000 has nicer pq overall. Yes the 8350 is brighter but nt very noticeable, for me wala sya masyado wow factor compared to the panasonic.

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1364 on: Apr 27, 2011 at 10:03 PM »
congrats!

willing ka naman pakulam as evidenced by the purchase....  ;D ;D ;D

Actually passive external kulam...active internal kulam!  :D.

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1365 on: Apr 27, 2011 at 10:07 PM »
Woot Woot!

Congrats on you new PJ doc, that PJ is quite a performer.

Thanks brad Juancho. Yes it is really a performer. What I really noticed with the Epson was the sharpness of the PQ and the vibrant colors or is it PowerDVD10?  ???

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1366 on: Apr 27, 2011 at 10:12 PM »
@nerveblocker

Cheers!

Whoa! I just saw the pics of your PJ in action, and I'm impressed. I'm sure, in person, the PQ is phenomenal and to think, I assume you haven't had the time to calibrate it....One thing I noticed when I was demo'ing PJs and had a chance to demo the 8700ub was an issue with flickering. I'm not sure if it was because I was using a Popcorn Hour A100 as my source or the PJ itself...Anyways, would really like to get your feedback on this PJ. Again...Congrats!

Actually, the budget was a big factor for this purchase followed by internet reviews and an actual demo.  Although the demo wasn't in an ideal setting i.e. No proper mounting, disturbing behaviour from co-watchers, etc. But after the Avatar BD demo...I was sold!

The screenshots just affirmed that...I'm improving in my photography skills.  ;D

No flickering so far.  One thing to note though that it hasn't reached the 100th lamp hour yet where in most PJs problems arise. Noticed this before in my AX100 but was easily corrected by accessing the service menu. I will update on this.

Thanks for the comment.  ;)   
« Last Edit: Apr 27, 2011 at 10:18 PM by nerveblocker »

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1367 on: Apr 27, 2011 at 10:21 PM »
Ninjababez & Gunblade- bro you're welcome anytime basta wala ako gawa.  We should unwind once in awhile. 

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1368 on: Apr 27, 2011 at 10:38 PM »
IMHO if you can afford the ae4000 then its the better choice. Compared the 8350 vs ae4000 out of the box, the ae4000 has nicer pq overall. Yes the 8350 is brighter but nt very noticeable, for me wala sya masyado wow factor compared to the panasonic.

Ricky- you're right bro! Actually, if I had the money I'd really go for the Panny hands down. But the 8350 serves its purpose and has satisfied my palate for now.

I have seen Pchin's AE4000 and it really outperforms this PJ specially with the motion interpolation. I guess with calibration, the Panny has more tweakable parameters than this to produce some kick ass images.

For half the price of the AE4000, I am not complaining.  ;D

No regrets! 

Offline juanch

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • What is your profession?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 44
« Reply #1369 on: Apr 27, 2011 at 10:56 PM »
Thanks brad Juancho. Yes it is really a performer. What I really noticed with the Epson was the sharpness of the PQ and the vibrant colors or is it PowerDVD10?  ???

Hmm not sure, you better try it with a regular DVD player to make sure.

It is possible that the PJ has a color bias which could be the reason for the vibrancy of the colors.

Agree ako dito cuz.
The AE4000 is wonderful projector. I saw it in pchin's theater very stunning

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #1370 on: Apr 27, 2011 at 11:54 PM »
Ricky- you're right bro! Actually, if I had the money I'd really go for the Panny hands down. But the 8350 serves its purpose and has satisfied my palate for now.

I have seen Pchin's AE4000 and it really outperforms this PJ specially with the motion interpolation. I guess with calibration, the Panny has more tweakable parameters than this to produce some kick ass images.

For half the price of the AE4000, I am not complaining.  ;D

No regrets!  

Ah Ricky is just kidding & pulling your legs doc!  ;D  Here are some of the points taken from the shootout review btw Epson vs Panny:

The Epson 8350 image quality offers fantastic value. It produces a great picture for a very low price. Epson Super White and the auto iris bring black level down, while highlights are brilliant and sparkling without any loss of detail. Color is accurate and true-to-life. These minor changes are all it takes to bring the Home Cinema 8350 into the big leagues. After calibration, it's going to be even better! ;)

As for sharpness and clarity, the 8350 has extensive sharpness controls. Fine detail from 1080p Blu-ray movies was rendered accurately and crisply.

In conclusion: Its bright image has dynamic range to spare and color are very impressive. Even head to head against the Panasonic AE4000 it manages to hold its own but the $700 price advantage in the Home Cinema 8350's favor makes it all the more impressive. It delivers a superb, high-quality home theater picture at a price that's tough to beat. The Home Cinema 8350 is one of the finest values in projectors we've ever seen.  ;)

Those with budget conscious, Epson 8350 is certainly a great choice to be considered. :)
« Last Edit: Apr 27, 2011 at 11:57 PM by pchin »

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1371 on: Apr 28, 2011 at 07:04 AM »
Ah Ricky is just kidding & pulling your legs doc!  ;D  Here are some of the points taken from the shootout review btw Epson vs Panny:

The Epson 8350 image quality offers fantastic value. It produces a great picture for a very low price. Epson Super White and the auto iris bring black level down, while highlights are brilliant and sparkling without any loss of detail. Color is accurate and true-to-life. These minor changes are all it takes to bring the Home Cinema 8350 into the big leagues. After calibration, it's going to be even better! ;)

As for sharpness and clarity, the 8350 has extensive sharpness controls. Fine detail from 1080p Blu-ray movies was rendered accurately and crisply.

In conclusion: Its bright image has dynamic range to spare and color are very impressive. Even head to head against the Panasonic AE4000 it manages to hold its own but the $700 price advantage in the Home Cinema 8350's favor makes it all the more impressive. It delivers a superb, high-quality home theater picture at a price that's tough to beat. The Home Cinema 8350 is one of the finest values in projectors we've ever seen.  ;)

Those with budget conscious, Epson 8350 is certainly a great choice to be considered. :)

There you go! Thanks Paul for posting that review.  ;)

Offline alvinh

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Enjoy your gears. Have fun in your journey.
  • Liked:
« Reply #1372 on: Apr 28, 2011 at 07:43 AM »

For half the price of the AE4000, I am not complaining.  ;D

No regrets!  

+1. If I have something that I would complain about the 8350, motion interpolation is it.
But as you mentioned Doc, for the price (and what I got for "the price") I can live with the 8350 for a while. ;D
« Last Edit: Apr 28, 2011 at 07:45 AM by alvinh »
Learn the technology but also learn to trust your ears and eyes...and enjoy the journey.

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1373 on: Apr 28, 2011 at 08:05 AM »
+1. If I have something that I would complain about the 8350, motion interpolation is it.
But as you mentioned Doc, for the price (and what I got for "the price") I can live with the 8350 for a while. ;D

Sometimes I have observed some motion blur when watching some fast moving scenes.  I tried playing my sources with PowerDVD10 Ultra and somehow it smoothened the motion a bit but not as consistent as the PJ doing the motion interpolation. 

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
« Reply #1374 on: Apr 28, 2011 at 11:16 AM »
Sorry guys, just answering phipsi's question. But yes you are right, for the price panalo talaga sya at 60t, but this made me think, epson or yung acer na 3d capable at a much lower price ;D and readily available pa.

Paul in case gusto mo replace ae mo with epson just let me know ;D

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #1375 on: Apr 28, 2011 at 11:29 AM »
Paul in case gusto mo replace ae mo with epson just let me know ;D

Just be happy with what we have... ;) Otherwise you can save up & buy a model better than AE4k. Maybe a 3D PJ...  ;D

Offline danrd

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Guru
  • Do it now while you still can!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1376 on: Jul 06, 2011 at 10:16 AM »
I just have to say - Doc's new pj is freaking awesome! It was like watching a huge plasma right in front of you. Vibrant colors with "soft-on-the-eye" brightness. Just like the way I want it.  :)

Offline XXXyzledge

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • NO more CEBU PACIFIC flights for me!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1377 on: Jul 06, 2011 at 12:55 PM »
I just have to say - Doc's new pj is freaking awesome! It was like watching a huge plasma right in front of you. Vibrant colors with "soft-on-the-eye" brightness. Just like the way I want it.  :)

Bili na !!!!  ;D ;D ;D
Cayin, RS1, Velo, QED, Bada         Sony4K, HK, B&W, SVS, Oppo, LaZboy....

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1378 on: Jul 29, 2011 at 06:49 AM »
Added a DVR connected to 5 CCTVs.  Kelangan i-monitor galaw ng maids.  Mahirap na...

My 2nd HTPC with EZ Commander PC Remote

Offline jao143

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Going back to a more simple set-up ;(
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #1379 on: Jul 29, 2011 at 08:12 AM »
Congrats sir  :)
LG65SK8500
Graham LS3/5a
Rega P8 Fono MC
Rotel RC1572/RB1552mkii
REL T7i
NADC538
Sony HTZF9/49X8500G