Author Topic: what movies have you requested from the Criterion Coll. title suggestion mail?  (Read 1273 times)

Offline uebetan12

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
these are some of the great and classic movies that i have requested criterion to release>>>

tuntematon sotilas {1955} from finland..english title is the unknown soldier ...it's a war movie about the ruussian invasion of finland that was repulsed by the finns and it's their all time box office champion

el verdugo {1963} or the executioner.....english title is not on your life...it's considered the greatest movie of all time in spain...directed by luis berlanga, also considered the greatest director of spain.....it's about a love story between a son of a funeral parlor owner and a daughter of an executioner..

a matter of life and death {1946} from england,   the best movie made by powell and pressburger...it's about a war pilot who must face the Creator, however, it was not yet his time.....basis probably of the movie defending your life.starred david niven and kim hunter.sequences in heaven are black and white and colored in earthly surroundings.ranked 20th in british film institute's 100 greatest british movies of all time..

haBAM SINIfi {1975} from turkey, greatest movie ever from the said country.........it's about high school life thereat, a comedy about everyday life and about growing up.reached the top 250 of the imdb.com's greatest movies of all time once..

el cid {1961] from u.s. and italy/spain starring charlton heston about the great el cid campeador or rodrigo diaz de vivar...........the great hero of spain and one of the lavishly produced epics of all time... ive hreard that it is going to be released by warner later thisyear......................only rumors...

godzilla a.k.a.. gojira {1954}..... the original uncut japanese version,it's around 98 minutes and does not include the edited raymond burr scenes... the best of all monster movies........better story than the original king kong camp classic
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2006 at 01:42 AM by [email protected] »

Offline uebetan12

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
earrings of madame de.................{1953} directed by max ophuls

its about the earrings of a madame who turns out at every instance,
a comedy with lots of twists and turns....

from france and italy

Offline uebetan12

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
moolaade {2004} from senegal by sembene the greatest african director.it's about tribal rituals and it has won many awards already,will be shown in america this month...........

am i the only pinoy who has posted a request in the criterion website about possible criterion releases?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

ang ibig niyong sabihin ang mga pinoy walang hilig sa mga classic, important and contemporay films at di pa ganun ang lalim ng mga pinoy sa mga international movies?

puro mainstream hollywood lang at mga common na pang tom, dick and harry lang????

Offline Movie_Geek_Tom

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Collector
  • "Heres looking at you,kid."
  • Liked:
Clerks
Dazed & Confused
Panasonic TC-P50ST50 Plasma 3D
McIntosh MC-2102 Amp
Snell THX 9.4 Speaker Setup