Author Topic: Pinoy Idol  (Read 33124 times)

Offline blitzkrieg

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Shut up!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Philippine Idol
« Reply #270 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 11:14 PM »
I don't want the host to be relaxed; part of Ryan Seacrest's charm is that he's up there being targeted by the judges too, and goes along with the joke (including sexual orientation ones). Have Raymond Gutierrez there, and when a joke like that gets thrown, we'll have one angry mama that weekend's showbiz talk shows. How about Mo' Twister as host?

Hmmm that makes sense but Ryan Seacrest's relationship with the AI Judges is different. Constant gay jokes thrown by either Ryan or Simon against the other would mean nothing as everyone knows they're straight. I've watched every episode of Philippine Idol and Ryan Agoncillo was ever cordial and respectful of the judges so much so that all he did was patronize them. That's why I found him boring. And they also have to contend with the ever hovering La Guardia Civl of MTRCB. It's likely that given GMA's reputation of handling shows, PI could well be sanitized and restrained.

Unless, of course, they get the likes of Rosanna Roces, Rico J. Puno, Giselle Sanchez and Gary Lising to sit there as judges then expect a riotous and vulgar show reminiscent of The Jerry Springer Show with Annabelle Rama storming the studio, picking fights left and right  ;D ;D ;D

On the other hand, I like Voj's idea - Ariel and Maverick as hosts! I find them hilarious. Trouble is they could sometimes be abrasive and abusive with their jokes. I remember them getting the ire of one public official in their show after an otherwise innocent joke went awry.

Joey De Leon???? It's likely that GMA is already considering him. So it's not gonna be surprising anymore.

« Last Edit: Nov 06, 2007 at 11:21 PM by blitzkrieg »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #271 on: Nov 25, 2007 at 12:05 AM »
But now GMA's going to treat it like a new show altogether and Mau won't even be acknowledged as the first winner, plus she probably won't get a chance to compete in the upcoming Asian Idol?

Thankfully, Mau will be on Asian Idol, airing on ABC-5 next month.

Link to Asian Idol thread: http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=73882.0
« Last Edit: Nov 25, 2007 at 12:06 AM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline kim85

• Apprentice
  • Oscar boy!
  • Liked:
« Reply #272 on: Nov 25, 2007 at 08:29 PM »
Hmmm that makes sense but Ryan Seacrest's relationship with the AI Judges is different. Constant gay jokes thrown by either Ryan or Simon against the other would mean nothing as everyone knows they're straight. I've watched every episode of Philippine Idol and Ryan Agoncillo was ever cordial and respectful of the judges so much so that all he did was patronize them. That's why I found him boring. And they also have to contend with the ever hovering La Guardia Civl of MTRCB. It's likely that given GMA's reputation of handling shows, PI could well be sanitized and restrained.

Unless, of course, they get the likes of Rosanna Roces, Rico J. Puno, Giselle Sanchez and Gary Lising to sit there as judges then expect a riotous and vulgar show reminiscent of The Jerry Springer Show with Annabelle Rama storming the studio, picking fights left and right  ;D ;D ;D

On the other hand, I like Voj's idea - Ariel and Maverick as hosts! I find them hilarious. Trouble is they could sometimes be abrasive and abusive with their jokes. I remember them getting the ire of one public official in their show after an otherwise innocent joke went awry.

Joey De Leon???? It's likely that GMA is already considering him. So it's not gonna be surprising anymore.

yup i agree. i did not enjoy ryan's ability to host that philippine idol. all he did was tell to the public the artistas present in the audience such as gretchen barretto, tony boy, joyce jimenez, etc...   who cares if they're in the audience. hehe. :D

i also noticed that ryan's hosting skills were off a lot of times because sometimes he wanted to side with the contestants and that made him looked stupid because the judges were very right at that time.

he even doesn't know some musical terminologies such as vibratto as mentioned by the judges... ryan was so stupid that time that haji alejandro even tried to lecture him on what vibratto is.. haha. :D

and another thing was that Ryan is very short. he's not a tall person to be a host.  the contestant were even taller than him... and that doesn't look good in camera...   hehe... i remember Cat from So You Think You Can DAnce (she's really tall and she's a great host, nice side comments... :))

and speaking of side comments, i really thought ryan's side comments were uncalled for... they're a bit far out... it's painful to hear him say a line that would make him look stupid in front of the camera... hehe...

so i really think Raymond is great for this job. he's a bit composed than ryan. he's way taller than ryan... and with better speaking ability.

Offline aligonzales

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #273 on: Dec 10, 2007 at 12:55 PM »
ASIAN IDOL on ABC5, December 15, 2007 10pm. Lets support MAU!

Voting Window: December 15, 2007  10pm to December 16, 2007 11:30pm (25.5 hours)

Voting mechanics:

1.Each voter in every country has to vote for 2 Idols within each SMS.
2.The voter cannot vote for the same Idol twice in the same SMS.
3.Unlimited voting.
4.Philippines voting syntax:   Type VOTE<space><Country1><Country2> send to 2959 for all telcos (Globe, Smart, Sun)
5.Participating countries and their respective keywords:
          Philippines/Mau Marcelo     =     PHIL
          Vietnam/Phu'o'ng Vy          =    VIET
          Indonesia/Delon Tharmin    =     INDO
          Singapore/Hady Mirza       =      SIN
          Malaysia/Jaclyn Victor      =      MAL
          India/Abhijeet Sawant       =     INDIA

Sample vote:

To vote for Mau of the Philippines and Hady of Singapore, type: VOTE PHIL SIN send to 2959 for all telcos. P2.50 for Globe and Smart subscribers, P2.00 for Sun.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #274 on: Jan 27, 2008 at 02:19 PM »
Since he's a Kapuso, it's likely that Raymond Gutierrez might land the job. I saw him hosting Bb. Pilipinas and he was very impressive, very relaxed, has excellent communication skills, a certified fashionista and looks refreshing on screen, never mind rumors about his sexual orientation.

Galing, a. Your prediction is right: Raymond Gutierrez is the new host of Pinoy Idol, while Ryan Agoncillo joined Ryan Cayabyab in the jump to Pinoy Dream Academy, of which he is the new host.

The Pinoy Idol judges are... Ogie Alcasid, Wyngard Tracy and Jolina Magdangal.  ::)

No, I'm not kidding.  :o

Offline Hitman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Guru
  • Signature Move: The Sharpshooter
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
Re: Pinoy Idol
« Reply #275 on: Jan 29, 2008 at 02:41 PM »
bakit si jolina? magkano kaya binayad nya para makuha ung gig? ???

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #276 on: Jan 29, 2008 at 08:36 PM »
Para daw may voice of the youth <kuno>.

Offline blitzkrieg

• DVD Guru
  • Shut up!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #277 on: Jan 30, 2008 at 10:57 AM »
Galing, a. Your prediction is right: Raymond Gutierrez is the new host of Pinoy Idol, while Ryan Agoncillo joined Ryan Cayabyab in the jump to Pinoy Dream Academy, of which he is the new host.

The Pinoy Idol judges are... Ogie Alcasid, Wyngard Tracy and Jolina Magdangal.  ::)

No, I'm not kidding.  :o

I knew he'd get the job coz there's no one in the Kapuso fence who could match his skills.  Buti na lang hindi si Dingdong Dantes whose tongue is as stoney hard as his face when acting.

And HUWAAAATT?!!!! Ogie, Wyngard & (gasp) Jolina as judges? Sa totoo lang, these people are advocates of the saying "If you have nothing good to say, then don't say anything at all." Ngayon pa lang BORED na ako!

« Last Edit: Jan 30, 2008 at 10:59 AM by blitzkrieg »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #278 on: Apr 05, 2008 at 12:47 PM »
This starts today daw:o

I think GMA dropped the ball on this if that's true.

Offline ESL

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #279 on: Apr 06, 2008 at 03:32 PM »
Awful! I watched all of 15 minutes! The format was ridiculous. They'd let someone audition, and before they show the judges' comments, they'd move on to another person "Ano kaya ang sasabihin ng mga judges? Abangan mamaya"

Offline rafgar

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #280 on: Apr 06, 2008 at 05:40 PM »
Awful! I watched all of 15 minutes! The format was ridiculous. They'd let someone audition, and before they show the judges' comments, they'd move on to another person "Ano kaya ang sasabihin ng mga judges? Abangan mamaya"

I totally agree with you.  Kainis talaga!  Sino ba ang director ng Pinoy Idol?  Is this what we'll be expecting in the next few weeks?

From what I've seen so far, what the judges are looking for are those who are into ballads or slow love songs.  They even had one contestant sing one since his audition piece was not one.  Kaya, I guess that this show will be just like Pinoy Pop Superstar where almost all of the contestants will be singing love songs or birit songs (na masakit talaga sa tenga, sa totoo lang). 
 :P

« Last Edit: Apr 06, 2008 at 05:45 PM by rafgar »

Offline ESL

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #281 on: Apr 06, 2008 at 06:59 PM »
It's actually quite disappointing. I expected good things, considering they took it away from ABC-5. I mean, there's no other way but up, right?

Meanwhile, ABS had a primer on the semi-finalists for PDA. The talent, from what they showed, was much better than the ones on PI. Did you see that Miguel, of Philippine Idol, is now joining PDA?

Offline Klaus Weasley

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 512
« Reply #282 on: Apr 06, 2008 at 07:09 PM »
I totally agree with you.  Kainis talaga!  Sino ba ang director ng Pinoy Idol?  Is this what we'll be expecting in the next few weeks?

Predictions on the themes:

Top 12 - Love songs
Top 11 - Songs that inspire you.
Top 10 - David Pomeranz
Top 09 - The hits of Regine Velasquez
Top 08 - Barry Manilow
Top 07 - Movie themes (puro love songs)
Top 06 - Kundiman
Top 05 - OPM Love hits
Top 04 -  Senti
Top 03 - Hits ni Nina
Top 02 - Love songs ni Ogie.
Top 01 - Coronation song

Offline pjayg

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • I am the Nocturnal Prince!
  • Liked:
« Reply #283 on: Apr 06, 2008 at 07:33 PM »
Meanwhile, ABS had a primer on the semi-finalists for PDA. The talent, from what they showed, was much better than the ones on PI. Did you see that Miguel, of Philippine Idol, is now joining PDA?

Watched both yesterday. After showing most of the rejects in PI and the ones who made it in PDA, the PI show suddenly looked so pathetic  ;D

Offline rafgar

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #284 on: Apr 07, 2008 at 09:33 AM »

Top 12 - Love songs
Top 10 - David Pomeranz
Top 08 - Barry Manilow
Top 06 - Kundiman
Top 05 - OPM Love hits
Top 04 -  Senti
Top 03 - Hits ni Nina
Top 01 - Coronation song

Baka ang gagamitin nilang song sa finale ay 'yung "Paper Roses" ni Jolina.   ;D

Offline jekoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Movielandia
  • Liked:
« Reply #285 on: Apr 19, 2008 at 07:56 PM »
mediocre is how i can described PI. ang dami nilang pinasa na hindi naman kagalingan. di ako naimpress sa mga ang-audition. sa mga babae, halos lahat bumibirit ala regine. ano pa ba bago ru'n? walang standout. 'yung tipong malamig ang boses na masarap pakinggan. hay!  ::)
Absolutely no regrets!

Offline SiCkBoY

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #286 on: Apr 20, 2008 at 08:02 AM »
Did anyone bother to put this out in torrent?   :D

Offline rafgar

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #287 on: Apr 20, 2008 at 12:09 PM »
After watching portions of it last Saturday (sorry, could not endure watching the whole show), it made me wonder where the talented Filipino singers are hiding.  Kung ibabase ko sa napanood ko, iisipin kong ganito na lang ba ang talent ng mga Pilipino sa pagkanta?

:'(

Offline halvert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 481
« Reply #288 on: Apr 20, 2008 at 03:04 PM »
after all the singing contests, parang naubos na ang undiscovered talent...and raymond sucks as a host! sana si drew arellano na lang para funny

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #289 on: Apr 20, 2008 at 05:07 PM »
...and raymond sucks as a host!
He also sucks other things, apparently.

Offline ESL

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #290 on: Jun 21, 2008 at 07:39 PM »
Gosh, I never learn! I was told this afternoon that it's Pinoy Idol Top 12 tonight. So I decided to watch since it's on quite early.

Boy, do I regret wasting half an hour. It was really bad! It's not much different from when ABC had the franchise.

If ABS can find talent for PDA, why can't GMA? Or did AI set too high a standard that the local franchise just disappointed?

Offline blitzkrieg

• DVD Guru
  • Shut up!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #291 on: Jun 21, 2008 at 08:18 PM »
 ;D My thoughts:

No repartee between host Raymond and 3 judges. So disappointing of Raymond..
Bad studio acoustics..tunog lata
Bad audience response...they're like zombies
Contestants' voices are so-so..maybe we're so used to listening to powerful & big-voiced AI contestants

On a positive note...I like the way the judges cast their comments/critiques. They are definitely no copycats. They could be dastardly mean yet come off credible. And Jolina is downright bitchy!

And the audience know they're all right..

Overall, the show needs a lot of improvement!   

Offline halvert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 481
« Reply #292 on: Jun 23, 2008 at 03:42 PM »
medyo nag-improve na yung stage last saturday. pero i liked penelope more than the last 2 contestants they were pimping. raymond was awful.he didn't go to the contestant after his/her performance to help the singers especially when the judges would give them a tongue-lashing. unlike in american idol where seacrest protects the singers from harsh judgements. replace gaymond ! now na!

Offline Brian_mico

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Addict
  • Dakilang mangbabakal at magbobote
  • Liked:
« Reply #293 on: Jun 23, 2008 at 06:41 PM »

Pinoy Idol really SUCKS, that's what it is !!!!

Offline Quitacet

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #294 on: Jun 25, 2008 at 04:33 PM »
In a few times I watched this show, these are all I can remember being said over and over by the judges:

Jolina: "I like your energy"

Wyngard: "Okay naman pero medyo kulang pa ang ano..."

Ogie: (I can't remember a thing he said in the show).

I always think: "What if Ryan Cayabyab is watching this how? What would be his comments on the judges' comments?"
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2008 at 04:34 PM by Quitacet »

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #295 on: Jun 25, 2008 at 07:09 PM »

PINOY IDOL veers cheaply toward STARSTRUCK route whenever they have the P.I. EXTRA every night. Do they really need to subject their contestants to Lie Detector Tests? Worse, having a GMA Talent rummaged through the personal effects of the contestants? :P

Offline rafgar

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #296 on: Jul 13, 2008 at 08:17 PM »

Top 12 - Love songs
Top 10 - David Pomeranz
Top 08 - Barry Manilow
Top 06 - Kundiman
Top 05 - OPM Love hits
Top 04 -  Senti
Top 03 - Hits ni Nina
Top 01 - Coronation song

Very good prediction for the theme of the Top 9 performances!   ;D  Next week naman, mga kanta ng Queen of Soul - Jaya.  Kailan kaya ang mga kanta nila Ogie, Janno at Jolina?  Baka naman merong theme na Michael V hits.  :-\

« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2008 at 08:19 PM by rafgar »

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #297 on: Jul 13, 2008 at 08:24 PM »
Baka naman merong theme na Michael V hits.  :-\

I'd pay to see someone cover his song Ang Hang.

Offline Quitacet

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #298 on: Jul 14, 2008 at 09:14 AM »
can someone tell me who Wyngard Tracy is? Bakit ba siya nakuhang judge sa Pinoy Idol?

Offline kristerocky

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • I remember those cheers...
  • Liked:
« Reply #299 on: Jul 14, 2008 at 09:33 AM »
I'd pay to see someone cover his song Ang Hang.

O kaya Mamaw.. ;D
...they still ring in my ears...