Author Topic: Pinoy Idol  (Read 33099 times)

Offline alcobobaz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Philippine Idol
« Reply #90 on: Sep 08, 2006 at 08:04 PM »
Apple will be featured tonight on Philippine Idol, 8pm. Please watch and vote for her tomorrow! :)
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2006 at 08:05 PM by alcobobaz »

Offline Klaus Weasley

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 512
« Reply #91 on: Sep 09, 2006 at 11:02 PM »
I saw the girls' performances tonight.

The best ones who deserve to be in the Top 4 (and the ones I voted for are):

01. Mau
02. Armarie
03. Pow
04. Ira

The rest range from "okay" to "meh". I'm surprised by the good feedback on Suey. Although she ended alright, the beginning and middle were off a lot.

Offline blitzkrieg

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Shut up!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: Sep 10, 2006 at 11:19 AM »
 ;D MAU and IRA delivered and so did POW.  They're my bet.

Ira's got fine song choices and and could have done better with Mr. Melody if not for her recent bout with laryngitis. She's classy and her beauty grows on you. I thought she was the prettiest last night.

Not exactly the right song for her but Mau nailed Sweet Love and showed her great range. I hope the voting public this time will HEED Mr. C's message. That standing ovation say's it all.

Pow's the most promising of them all. She should display more facets of that lovely voice.

Now the dissing part:

Honestly, I wasn't impressed with ARMARIE. There's something about that voice and style that annoys me.
SUEY's judges positive reaction is totally undeserved. She sang like she was struggling with constipation.

« Last Edit: Sep 10, 2006 at 11:23 AM by blitzkrieg »

Offline alcobobaz

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: Sep 10, 2006 at 09:33 PM »
APPLE MADE IT! APPLE MADE IT! APPLE MADE IT!
TOP 12 of Philippine Idol, baby!!
Miguel and Apple on the Top 12! WOOOOHOOOO

« Last Edit: Sep 10, 2006 at 09:54 PM by alcobobaz »

Offline Baboy Big Brother

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: Sep 10, 2006 at 09:45 PM »
Wow Apple is your choice din pala? Galing nya congrats to those who made it to the top 4 especially Apple !!!!  ;D

An apple a day , completes your day!

Offline alcobobaz

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: Sep 11, 2006 at 01:01 AM »
Contestants who wont get the chance to redeem themselves on the Wild Card Round:

Gail
Erika
Ynah

Freddie
Robert
Christian

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 349
« Reply #96 on: Sep 11, 2006 at 08:27 AM »
I hope Ira makes it to the Top 12.  IMO she was the best and classiest performer last Saturday.  The show needs someone with her talent to make the competition interesting.
« Last Edit: Sep 11, 2006 at 08:28 AM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline torque

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • break the cycle!
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: Sep 11, 2006 at 11:40 AM »
I hope Ira and Mau top the Wildcard Round to join Pow in the Top 12   :)

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: Sep 11, 2006 at 12:53 PM »
personally... talent-wise, only pau was truly deserving in the top 4 last night.  :-\ up until last saturday night, i thought she was just an "okay" singer. she surprised me the most.

most undeserving was... my apologies to her fans... jelli. she was so awful! nice to look at ... but that was a disastrous performance for her. she didn't deserve to get through based on her singing last weekend. heck, bad as ynah's song choice was... at least she delivered it well. (shame she isn't in the wild card ... i believe her unpopularity stems from her being an ex-kuya germs talent. poor gal. magaling pa naman.)

i think apple is bit... um, overrated. she can carry a tune, but there were definitely people there who sang better than she did. although, truth be told, i can live with her being in the top 12... she's eye candy. hopefully she'll prove me wrong with the next shows.

arms disappointed me... the talent was obviously there. but her performance was mediocre at best. on key... but pretty much flat the entire performance. :(

mau and ira should be in the top 12 after next week ... or i will have completely lost faith in the voting public.  :-[
« Last Edit: Sep 11, 2006 at 12:54 PM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: Sep 11, 2006 at 01:05 PM »
mau and ira should be in the top 12 after next week ... or i will have completely lost faith in the voting public.  :-[

Amen here. I'll stop watching PI altogether if Mau and Ira fail to make it to the Top 12 next week. 

Offline Quitacet

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #100 on: Sep 11, 2006 at 01:58 PM »
personally... talent-wise, only pau was truly deserving in the top 4 last night. :-\ up until last saturday night, i thought she was just an "okay" singer. she surprised me the most.

most undeserving was... my apologies to her fans... jelli. she was so awful! nice to look at ... but that was a disastrous performance for her. she didn't deserve to get through based on her singing last weekend. heck, bad as ynah's song choice was... at least she delivered it well. (shame she isn't in the wild card ... i believe her unpopularity stems from her being an ex-kuya germs talent. poor gal. magaling pa naman.)

i think apple is bit... um, overrated. she can carry a tune, but there were definitely people there who sang better than she did. although, truth be told, i can live with her being in the top 12... she's eye candy. hopefully she'll prove me wrong with the next shows.

arms disappointed me... the talent was obviously there. but her performance was mediocre at best. on key... but pretty much flat the entire performance. :(

mau and ira should be in the top 12 after next week ... or i will have completely lost faith in the voting public. :-[

Ryan Cayabyab is correct when he said on Saturday: Knowing the Filipinos, baka hindi iboto si Mau kaya tumayo siya and applaud Mau's performance.

Nagkatotoo nga.

I think the voting went like this:

1. POW
2. Jelli
3. Apple
4. Armarie

Sana nagbibigay ng comments ang mga judges ala Simon Cowell at sabhin sa iba na they don't deserve to be in the top four. But sabi nga ni Ryan Cayabyab, knowing the Filipinos hindi magsasalita ang mga judges ng ganun na makakasakit sa kapwa.

Last Saturday, I can't help but feel sorry for Jasmine TRias when Francis M is giving comments to the performances. You could see her doesn't understanding much of what was said.

To Jelli he said: "Malinis ang pagkaka-interpret." [after which Mr. C said maraming pitch na hindi maabot si Jelli] ;D

To Suey (who I think performed badly): "You killed it"

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: Sep 11, 2006 at 03:38 PM »

To Suey (who I think performed badly): "You killed it"

and true enough... "pinatay" nga niya yung kanta. she was so off pitch, i was shocked when she got glowing reviews from the judges.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #102 on: Sep 11, 2006 at 04:20 PM »
Sana nagbibigay ng comments ang mga judges ala Simon Cowell at sabhin sa iba na they don't deserve to be in the top four.

I'm actually surprised that the official website of Philippine Idol is actually more brutal than the judges. They actually called Miguel and Jan "the weakest" among the males, and three who didn't get in as "the strongest":

http://www.philippineidol.com/features/features0906_3.html

Whether you agree or disagree with that assessment, I feel it's poor webmastering on the part of ABC 5. The show's official site should stay unbiased, not declaring any favorites. Leave the assessment of who's the strongest or the weakest to the viewers, since the official site of a reality competition show shouldn't be trying to influence votes.
« Last Edit: Sep 11, 2006 at 04:21 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline Quitacet

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #103 on: Sep 11, 2006 at 04:33 PM »
and true enough... "pinatay" nga niya yung kanta. she was so off pitch, i was shocked when she got glowing reviews from the judges.

Yes, but the funny thing is Francis M seemed to be praising Suey when he said it.

Or was he being sarcastic? Now I'm not sure whether the comment leans toward the good or the bad.

I'm actually surprised that the official website of Philippine Idol is actually more brutal than the judges. They actually called Miguel and Jan "the weakest" among the males, and three who didn't get in as "the strongest":

http://www.philippineidol.com/features/features0906_3.html

Whether you agree or disagree with that assessment, I feel it's poor webmastering on the part of ABC 5. The show's official site should stay unbiased, not declaring any favorites. Leave the assessment of who's the strongest or the weakest to the viewers, since the official site of a reality competition show shouldn't be trying to influence votes.

I think ABC 5 just wants the people to vote more for their fave idols.
« Last Edit: Sep 11, 2006 at 04:36 PM by Quitacet »

Offline halvert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 481
« Reply #104 on: Sep 11, 2006 at 04:39 PM »
I was disgusted at the results! And all the mock flirting between Pilita and Ryan. Please, the show is not about you! Also, napaka-useless na judge ni Pilita and Francis. They have all the same comments. "I like you, you're good, i hope you make it..." Sayang ang sweldo! Ryan Cayabyab, the only one doing his job, looked exhausted!

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: Sep 11, 2006 at 04:52 PM »
Mau wasn't voted through because Filipino do not like their singers to be black and overweight unless they are novelty singers singing about how ugly it is to be black and overweight.

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #106 on: Sep 11, 2006 at 06:15 PM »
honestly, if it were only singing talent, no doubt, MAU was the best this weekend, followed by POW...is this a singing contest or a pagandahan?? i can't understand why jelli qualified as she literally massacred a certified sergio mendes hit!...sigh!
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline garfield_3199

• Collector
  • Votre vie vraie est celle que vous avez.
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: Sep 11, 2006 at 06:44 PM »
honestly, if it were only singing talent, no doubt, MAU was the best this weekend, followed by POW...is this a singing contest or a pagandahan?? i can't understand why jelli qualified as she literally massacred a certified sergio mendes hit!...sigh!

I totally agree with you. How Jelli got in while MAU and IRA did not qualify, I can never understand. POW however, deserved her slot!

YES!! Suey KILLED the song. As in literally killed the song.

Offline blitzkrieg

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Shut up!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: Sep 11, 2006 at 11:01 PM »
Mau wasn't voted through because Filipino do not like their singers to be black and overweight unless they are novelty singers singing about how ugly it is to be black and overweight.

Frankly, a lot of Filipinos are RACISTS and PREJUDICED. Hello, WAKE UP FILIPINOS!!! We are people of color too you know. I am quite sure if you saw Denzel Washington in person, you'd scream your heads off at baka hihimurin ninyo pa pati tumbong niya

Again, blame these makers of whitening products. They only perpetuate this kind of ignorance.

The guys practically said everything I wanted to say, i.e., how horrifyingly stupid things have become. I don't think the concept of FAIRNESS, OBJECTIVITY will ever work in a show like Philippine Idol. I just hope and pray that MAU, IRA, (I texted my votes for these girls ok?) RAMIRR and GIAN all make it to the wild card.

« Last Edit: Sep 11, 2006 at 11:13 PM by blitzkrieg »

Offline lufin_13

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: Sep 11, 2006 at 11:23 PM »
nakaka disappoint naman yung naging decision last night....i thought makakapasok na si mau because of the outstanding performance last night but as it turn out....nakapasok pa yung di masyadong magandang performance....nakakatakot naman kung laging ganito na lang ang mangyayari.....baka hanggang sa finals ang manalo yung di masyadong deserving......i know na deserving silang lahat dahil may talent naman pero if i would consider their saturday performance...may mga nag stand out talaga.....hayyyyyy
live your life to the fullest as if it were your last

Offline ESi

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: Sep 12, 2006 at 01:32 AM »
Frankly, a lot of Filipinos are RACISTS and PREJUDICED. Hello, WAKE UP FILIPINOS!!! We are people of color too you know. I am quite sure if you saw Denzel Washington in person, you'd scream your heads off at baka hihimurin ninyo pa pati tumbong niya

Again, blame these makers of whitening products. They only perpetuate this kind of ignorance.

The guys practically said everything I wanted to say, i.e., how horrifyingly stupid things have become. I don't think the concept of FAIRNESS, OBJECTIVITY will ever work in a show like Philippine Idol. I just hope and pray that MAU, IRA, (I texted my votes for these girls ok?) RAMIRR and GIAN all make it to the wild card.

Bro,

Mahirap ng maging specific baka may masagasaan.  ::) Basta i agree wit you 100%! ;)

I just hope they replace F.M. and Pilita in the next season. I know that the concept of the franchise is considering the whole package but the real score here in my point of view is that the LOOKS far outweighs TALENT :-[. Its clearly evident here (Again my point of view, not all) Being a music lover, I usually judge voice with my eyes closed to fully appreciate what is being assessed...then I decide. With all senses working its a different ballgame, bias and prejudice arises. The Maestro Mr. C is the only one doing this. And yes, I did text on both occasions! :D
« Last Edit: Sep 12, 2006 at 01:36 AM by ESi »
Ars longa, Vita Brevis, Judicium dificile

Offline torque

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • break the cycle!
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: Sep 12, 2006 at 08:27 AM »
I was disgusted at the results! And all the mock flirting between Pilita and Ryan. Please, the show is not about you! Also, napaka-useless na judge ni Pilita and Francis. They have all the same comments. "I like you, you're good, i hope you make it..." Sayang ang sweldo! Ryan Cayabyab, the only one doing his job, looked exhausted!

Francis' comments do not add value to the show, nonsense ang mga sinasabi nya last Saturday. I hope he improved his comments next time para hindi na lang lagi "maganda" "walang-sabit" "very good" ang madidinig natin. Sana nga si Jim Paredes na lang ang kinuha ng mga producers, I'm sure we'll hear intelligent and performance-based remarks from him just like what Mr C is doing. Kasuka rin yung flirting between Pilita and Ryan. Ok lang sana kung isang beses lang, walangjo ulit-ulit ba naman >:( >:( >:(

Offline Great Buys

• Collector
  • Great Buys Hunter!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: Sep 13, 2006 at 04:37 PM »
Is it just me or is there anybody else among PI fans who finds that Jeffrey fellow very corny.  I have watched his segments for the last few days during Heart Evangelista's PI (show. episode, whatever), and I do not certainly find him funny at all.  Napaka-OA and really downrighyt irritating.

Does anybody else share my sentiment about this certain wannabe?

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: Sep 16, 2006 at 09:22 PM »
After hearing the judges' high praise Gian's painfully off-key performance, this franchise has lost its credibility for me.

The judges are deaf and dumb. And by "dumb," I don't mean mute.
« Last Edit: Sep 16, 2006 at 09:30 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: Sep 16, 2006 at 09:43 PM »
Vote for Ira.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: Sep 16, 2006 at 10:35 PM »
I take that back. Other than pushing too hard for Gian, their other comments were much better than in the past. I never thought I'd hear "It wasn't good at all" on this show!

Text Mau to 2339, please.  8)

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: Sep 16, 2006 at 10:39 PM »
I voted for both Mau and Ira 5 times each. LOL.

Is it just me or was Suey SHOUTING those last notes of "Best of My Love"?

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: Sep 16, 2006 at 10:50 PM »
It wasn't just you, and I thought it wasn't just those last notes that were shouted.

I voted for Mau 10 times. She'll need it more than Ira, seeing those who've made it through so far.

Offline otogi

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: Sep 17, 2006 at 05:45 AM »
Honestly, I think our judges are OA. They don't have good comments. I hope for a better judge next time. They're all too polite.

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: Sep 17, 2006 at 07:26 AM »
if there is any justice in this world... ira and mau should go through. (seriously tho... was it just me or did anyone else think the producers were "selling" mau a tad too much last night? parang masyadong obvious.)

that ken guy is HORRIBLE!... exactly how did he get this far in the competition??
« Last Edit: Sep 17, 2006 at 07:28 AM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »