Author Topic: Pinoy Idol  (Read 33042 times)

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Philippine Idol
« Reply #150 on: Oct 08, 2006 at 02:39 PM »
well... jelli pretty much murdered a mariah classic last night. for that alone, she NEEDS to go. LOL.

last night only confirmed that miguel and ken should be the first ones to go. (with jelli not far behind.)

Offline blitzkrieg

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Shut up!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #151 on: Oct 08, 2006 at 05:44 PM »
 ;D "Always Be My Baby" is my fave Mariah ditty..Jeli massacred the song!

Jan and Miguel were soooo wimpy..They deserve some kicking!

Somebody should grab the microphone from Ken..he dished out some drivel obviously to gain sympathy for something that happened more than 2 weeks ago and to cover for his bad performance.

Gian was more conscious about his movements rather than putting more ooommph in his performance and I felt bad!

Arms? Althroughout, she sounded like a tiger. What's with all that roaring? Did it ever occur to her that it's painful to the ears and throat?

Francis M. and Pilita C. have NO RIGHT to sit there as judges. The former obviously is tone deaf and could not express himself well while the other is more conscious about securing an image of generosity rather than being a truthful byotch!

DJ MO and Bella Flores would have been better judges.

Unless the mediocre singers' stupid barangay and supporters have united once more, I have this feeling that one of those who would go but shouldn't is MAU...Oh my, I am beginning to feel sick!
« Last Edit: Oct 08, 2006 at 05:50 PM by blitzkrieg »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #152 on: Oct 08, 2006 at 07:37 PM »
well... jelli pretty much murdered a mariah classic last night. for that alone, she NEEDS to go. LOL.

Ah, Jelli. I actually switched over to PDA on ABS-CBN when she was singing, since my ears couldn't take it anymore.  ;D
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #153 on: Oct 08, 2006 at 07:49 PM »
it was funny how mamita pilitz and FM (Feeling Magaling) ... normally the most "diplomatic" of the judges ...  could only come up with "you look good" as a compliment for jelli. LOL.

Offline tonedeaf

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #154 on: Oct 08, 2006 at 07:50 PM »
I agree that Mau didn't exactly overwhelm with her performance. But i still voted for her (and urged people to do so) for fear that the show would be left with Ken and Jeli instead. If I was part of ABC 5 management, I'd ensure that Ken and Jeli would be booted out, because at least Arms and Mau can sing. Idol would be left with 10 finalists, at least 3 of whom can't sing.

It was the first time I enjoyed Gian's performance, and Mr. C chose that same moment to say something bad about him. hahaha! I think that was the first time he dissed Gian. I saw Gian about 2 months ago 'guest-singing' with Sitti's front act at TAvern on the Square. Thought he was too theatrical and didn't think it would translate well with the masses. Kaya I was surprised to see him during the Idol auditions.

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #155 on: Oct 08, 2006 at 08:01 PM »
the next to the last note that gian belted made me wince. ano ba yun?! ... piyok na. wala pa sa tono. and i thought he wasn't trying to ape the original...  ::)

same with stef... she said she wanted to do the song her way and not tina turner's. eh, down to the choreography kinopya nya. anyone who has seen ms. turner sing "proud mary" live will  know what i'm talking about.
« Last Edit: Oct 12, 2006 at 09:20 AM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline Lex Luthor

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #156 on: Oct 09, 2006 at 11:56 AM »
so who were the 2 eliminated last night? or next week na naman ang eliminations?

Offline alcobobaz

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #157 on: Oct 09, 2006 at 01:43 PM »
Stef and Drae were eliminated.

Offline tonedeaf

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #158 on: Oct 11, 2006 at 09:27 PM »
i can't believe jeli and ken are still around  :(

Offline blitzkrieg

• DVD Guru
  • Shut up!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #159 on: Oct 11, 2006 at 10:42 PM »
 ;D I failed to see Stef's elimination. Who were with her at the bottom?

Drae and Pow at the bottom..And I thought Pow was invincible..Goes to show that Mau is starting to get a fan base.

Offline jayps

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • "was blind, but now I see..."
  • Liked:
« Reply #160 on: Oct 15, 2006 at 12:31 AM »
Performance Night 3: Metro Pop Songs

Rankings:

1. Reymond - I know I've said this before, but he's pitch perfect. He knows how to emote with his voice. Good for him for finding the power note at the end of the song. In my opinion the single best performance of the night. Eargasmic!!! Grade: A+/A

---------------------------

2. Mau - Soulful and "kick some ass" vocals. But I noticed that she's uncomfortable with her movements, she's having a hard time projecting effortlessly. And also ung kanta parang walang buildup. Yada Yada Yada and then BAM!!! big belt at the end. Grade: A-/B+

3. Jan - his most polished performance yet. All of the high notes were dead on and it sounds good too. But the performance lacks soul and passion plus there is something about his voice quality that I can't seem to pinpoint, that sounds amateurish. But good for him definitely his best performance yet. Grade: B+

4. Pow - Been there done that. medyo boring ng konti. But nobody does vulnerabilty and tenderness better than Pow. Grade: B/B-

5. Apple - I actually like her performance, she chose a song that suited her voice. And I love the tender and quiet ending. But just like her previous perfromances, she can't seem to sustain the quality of her voice every time she hits the high notes. Nagiiba ang texture ng boses nya. She was noticebly sharp in the high note towards the end of the song. Grade: B-

6. Jeli - She started strong, sensual and sexy but towards the middle, just like Apple you can hear the tension in her voice everytime she hits those high notes na hindi naman talaga high. Plus her last note was off key. Grade: B-

7. Arms - She chose the wrong song. Anak should be sung the simple the better. And if you know Arms, simple and subtle are the last words to describe her. She overdid the song. Another classic OA performance from Arms. Grade: C+

8. Gian - Oh no what happenned? Why can't he just sing in a straightforward manner. Why does he have to do all those unnecessary kulots that made him off key a number of times. The falsettos were awful and unnecessary. Plus the emotions were a little self conscious. Grade: C-

-----------------

9. Miguel - Someone should tell Miguel to look at himself in the mirror while singing. He is the least telegenic among the idols, all of his movements and facial expressions looked awful and awkward. Plus there is something in the tone of his voice that is off putting. Grade: D

10. Ken - He started weak but in the middle he strated to get into the groove of the song (a little bit). And when he went for the big note at the end, he almost made it until his held note cracked 2 seconds before he lets go of the note. Ay si Ken "Di na Natuto", he should know by now that he's having a hard time sustaining a note. If the keys were lowered, which I think should've been, he could've nailed that last note. Grade: F

Bottom 3

Should be:

3. Gian
2. Miguel
1. Ken - ELIMINATED

Will Be: (Predictions)

3. Gian
2. Pow
1. Ken - ELIMINATED

Other Comments

Quote of the night: "Nalaglag nga e" (yung hikaw) - Pilita Corales (after Jan's performance)

Kiss Ass of the Night: Arms (doing her annoying and beauty pageant "thank yous" to the judges. Does she have to do this every Saturday? Enough already!! We get it, you're grateful to the judges blah blah blah!!

Judges:

Hadji Alejandro: I like the energy he brought in the show. He should definitely replace FM. Plus I love that he didn't hold back, and gave bad criticisms when necessary.

Pilita Corales: She's an integral part of the show. She's the only one who can get away with the kinds of comments she makes. Kung wala siguro si Mamita, and boring ng show!

Ryan Cayabyab: Much better than last week. Kaya lang I don't agree that Jan gave the ebst perfromance tonight. Reymond won the night by a mile!!

Offline Klaus Weasley

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 512
« Reply #161 on: Oct 15, 2006 at 01:16 AM »
Pow, Mau, Arms and Reymond were the best last night.

Yes, Hajji was a better judge than Francis. I say Francis M. should watch his back.

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #162 on: Oct 15, 2006 at 06:26 AM »
i say we get rid of FM altgether. LOL.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #163 on: Oct 15, 2006 at 03:39 PM »
I have a feeling ABC-5 itself decided to sponsor a 5-week tour in Europe for Francis M. in order to protect this precious investment of theirs. If they know what's good for the show, then by next week, they'll announce that Pilita has decided to join Francis M. on tour for the next four weeks... and that Ken and Miguel have dropped out of the competition to appear with them.  ;D

I actually liked Arms' and Apple's performances best last night. Mau was okay, but you really cannot tackle a Dulce song and then perform it at a lower intensity than Dulce does. It's just like when Simon always tells the American Idol contestants that they cannot perform a Whitney or Mariah song then deliver less than those singers - they will just ultimately disappoint.

I think Reymond is probably the best male vocal performer there, but he does not have even an ounce of the very important X-Factor. I think the opposite is true of Gian.

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #164 on: Oct 15, 2006 at 08:23 PM »
I think Reymond is probably the best male vocal performer there, but he does not have even an ounce of the very important X-Factor. I think the opposite is true of Gian.

ideally... if the next philippine idol were male... he'd have gian's charisma, jan's looks and reymond's talent.  ;D

Offline GC

• Collector
  • sparc
  • Liked:
« Reply #165 on: Oct 16, 2006 at 09:14 AM »
I have a feeling ABC-5 itself decided to sponsor a 5-week tour in Europe for Francis M. in order to protect this precious investment of theirs. If they know what's good for the show, then by next week, they'll announce that Pilita has decided to join Francis M. on tour for the next four weeks... and that Ken and Miguel have dropped out of the competition to appear with them.  ;D

I shared the same thoughts as I watched Philippine Idol last Saturday night. I noticed that Pilita made some improvements with her comments and it made me think that something was probably behind Francis M's "tour" of Europe and it was Philippine Idol related. Hadji was a really far better and credible judge that what they used to have.

It seems that they'll also have 5 different judges each week. Parang audition ata.  ;D
« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2006 at 09:15 AM by GC »
Pro Deo et Patria

Offline Brian_mico

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Addict
  • Dakilang mangbabakal at magbobote
  • Liked:
« Reply #166 on: Oct 16, 2006 at 12:01 PM »
Performance Night 3: Metro Pop Songs

Rankings:

1. Reymond - I know I've said this before, but he's pitch perfect. He knows how to emote with his voice. Good for him for finding the power note at the end of the song. In my opinion the single best performance of the night. Eargasmic!!! Grade: A+/A

---------------------------

2. Mau - Soulful and "kick some ass" vocals. But I noticed that she's uncomfortable with her movements, she's having a hard time projecting effortlessly. And also ung kanta parang walang buildup. Yada Yada Yada and then BAM!!! big belt at the end. Grade: A-/B+

3. Jan - his most polished performance yet. All of the high notes were dead on and it sounds good too. But the performance lacks soul and passion plus there is something about his voice quality that I can't seem to pinpoint, that sounds amateurish. But good for him definitely his best performance yet. Grade: B+

4. Pow - Been there done that. medyo boring ng konti. But nobody does vulnerabilty and tenderness better than Pow. Grade: B/B-

5. Apple - I actually like her performance, she chose a song that suited her voice. And I love the tender and quiet ending. But just like her previous perfromances, she can't seem to sustain the quality of her voice every time she hits the high notes. Nagiiba ang texture ng boses nya. She was noticebly sharp in the high note towards the end of the song. Grade: B-

6. Jeli - She started strong, sensual and sexy but towards the middle, just like Apple you can hear the tension in her voice everytime she hits those high notes na hindi naman talaga high. Plus her last note was off key. Grade: B-

7. Arms - She chose the wrong song. Anak should be sung the simple the better. And if you know Arms, simple and subtle are the last words to describe her. She overdid the song. Another classic OA performance from Arms. Grade: C+

8. Gian - Oh no what happenned? Why can't he just sing in a straightforward manner. Why does he have to do all those unnecessary kulots that made him off key a number of times. The falsettos were awful and unnecessary. Plus the emotions were a little self conscious. Grade: C-

-----------------

9. Miguel - Someone should tell Miguel to look at himself in the mirror while singing. He is the least telegenic among the idols, all of his movements and facial expressions looked awful and awkward. Plus there is something in the tone of his voice that is off putting. Grade: D

10. Ken - He started weak but in the middle he strated to get into the groove of the song (a little bit). And when he went for the big note at the end, he almost made it until his held note cracked 2 seconds before he lets go of the note. Ay si Ken "Di na Natuto", he should know by now that he's having a hard time sustaining a note. If the keys were lowered, which I think should've been, he could've nailed that last note. Grade: F

Bottom 3

Should be:

3. Gian
2. Miguel
1. Ken - ELIMINATED

Will Be: (Predictions)

3. Gian
2. Pow
1. Ken - ELIMINATED

Other Comments

Quote of the night: "Nalaglag nga e" (yung hikaw) - Pilita Corales (after Jan's performance)

Kiss Ass of the Night: Arms (doing her annoying and beauty pageant "thank yous" to the judges. Does she have to do this every Saturday? Enough already!! We get it, you're grateful to the judges blah blah blah!!

Judges:

Hadji Alejandro: I like the energy he brought in the show. He should definitely replace FM. Plus I love that he didn't hold back, and gave bad criticisms when necessary.

Pilita Corales: She's an integral part of the show. She's the only one who can get away with the kinds of comments she makes. Kung wala siguro si Mamita, and boring ng show!

Ryan Cayabyab: Much better than last week. Kaya lang I don't agree that Jan gave the ebst perfromance tonight. Reymond won the night by a mile!!

too bad!!! Raymond got eliminated last night... now I know totoo pala na hindi singing contest ang philippine idol... this is all full of bull crap ... imagine, naiwan si Ken, Miguel and Jeli.  isa rin itong malaking patunay na kaya may mga pulitikong bugok sa gobyerno, kasi hanggang ngayon maraming mga pinoy ang  hindi marunong bumoto.

Offline GC

• Collector
  • sparc
  • Liked:
« Reply #167 on: Oct 16, 2006 at 02:51 PM »
ang mananalo yung "saleable"... hopefully somebody who's balanced yung talents with appeal and not yung puro appeal lang tapos walang talent.
Pro Deo et Patria

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #168 on: Oct 16, 2006 at 04:00 PM »
^^ i hope you're right. cause i fail to see ken's "appeal" and he's STILL there.

Offline GC

• Collector
  • sparc
  • Liked:
« Reply #169 on: Oct 16, 2006 at 08:19 PM »
The worst thing that could happened is that somebody with no appeal and no talent will win. That's the worst case scenario...one for Ripleys!
Pro Deo et Patria

Offline alcobobaz

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #170 on: Oct 16, 2006 at 08:21 PM »
isa rin itong malaking patunay na kaya may mga pulitikong bugok sa gobyerno, kasi hanggang ngayon maraming mga pinoy ang  hindi marunong bumoto

Im not attacking anybody, but if Ken, Jelli or whoever is your relative/friend, wouldnt you vote for them like mad too? And it just so happened that their family and friends are supporting them all the way and there's nothing wrong with that.
I dont get why people continuously blame the voters. It's their money. Blame those who didnt vote.
This always happens in AI, Ryan Seacrest is always saying that maybe you did vote but maybe it wasnt enough. Diba?

And I think all those in the Top 12 deserve their spot anyway.  :)

Peace. :D

Offline blitzkrieg

• DVD Guru
  • Shut up!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #171 on: Oct 16, 2006 at 09:08 PM »
Im not attacking anybody, but if Ken, Jelli or whoever is your relative/friend, wouldnt you vote for them like mad too? And it just so happened that their family and friends are supporting them all the way and there's nothing wrong with that.
I dont get why people continuously blame the voters. It's their money. Blame those who didnt vote.
This always happens in AI, Ryan Seacrest is always saying that maybe you did vote but maybe it wasnt enough. Diba?

Peace. :D

You are right about that.. I have said it before that the concept of objectivity and using one's CONSCIENCE by voting wisely is NEVER going to work in Philippine Idol.  So to those who know talent when they see one, don't be surprised if those who have REAL talent get booted out. Don't feel bad or guilty because you voted for them for you could only spend that much. 

So it's pointless blaming those people who voted for KEN, JELI, MIGUEL and JAN in spite of the fact that they truly sucked.  It's their money they're burning to begin with.  Just exact your sweet revenge on them  after Season 1 by NOT BUYING THEIR RECORDS OR TICKETS TO THEIR SHOWS. That easy. The real test whether that contestant really deserved the Idol Title is thru RECORD SALES and public support to their concerts and other shows. It's mean and nasty but hey, would you waste money on people you hold no high regard from the start?

I bet my ass that after this season's finale, these friends and relatives would all scamper away (kasi nanalo na eh!) and would not bother spending P300 on their idol's original CD, coz they would either ask for a complimentary copy or simply burn it.

;D

« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2006 at 09:50 PM by blitzkrieg »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #172 on: Oct 16, 2006 at 09:20 PM »
And I think all those in the Top 12 deserve their spot anyway.

I think that's also precisely why you're not bothered by the way the vote has been going.  :)

Let's hope Ryan C stays true to his word, so even if the talented ones continue to get voted off, we'll at least get to see the untalented ones squirm (and hopefully even cry) as they hear HONEST evaluations of how badly they suck.

Ah, the lure of reality TV.  ;D
« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2006 at 09:22 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline blitzkrieg

• DVD Guru
  • Shut up!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #173 on: Oct 16, 2006 at 09:48 PM »

Let's hope Ryan C stays true to his word, so even if the talented ones continue to get voted off, we'll at least get to see the untalented ones squirm (and hopefully even cry) as they hear HONEST evaluations of how badly they suck.

I am hoping against hope. Ryan C knew well about the voting trend so why wait til someone so good gets voted out for him to dish out honest criticisms? Although he had been honest about it, his evaluations appeared somewhat lame and reserved.

Oh well, if it's going to be a battle of the voiceless in the end,  then I'd like Ryan C. do a Simon Cowell regardless of what the public may think and I'd love to see these untalented ones not just squirm but melt out of humiliation and thereafter, blame his/her supporter for putting them there right on the hot spot!  ;D

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #174 on: Oct 16, 2006 at 10:29 PM »

mr. c's WONDERFUL "barbed" reason for his alleged change in critiquing the contestants beginning next week: ano pa ba gagawin ko kung matatanggal isa-isa yung magagaling? ... already seemed to have some effect on the contestants.

obviously, he shares our sentiments that not all the contestants there deserve to be in the top twelve... but was trying to "be filipino about it" (his words) and not be rude. well mr. c ... bakit ngayon lang?! ... better late than never, i suppose.  ::)
« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2006 at 10:30 PM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline pointman1

• Apprentice
  • raising the standard!
  • Liked:
« Reply #175 on: Oct 22, 2006 at 07:40 AM »
moving away from the contestants -

can't they do anything about the sound engineering?  ???
since the very start of PI, microphones dont work, some are too loud,
some are not on the house speakers... ???
maybe that's the reason why some contestants sing off key coz they cant
hear the music...

last night was bad again in terms of sound...

have  a great week ahead folks!

:) :) :)

Offline garfield_3199

• Collector
  • Votre vie vraie est celle que vous avez.
  • Liked:
« Reply #176 on: Oct 22, 2006 at 10:12 PM »
Schedule changed to:
     Performance Night : Sundays
     Results Night : Mondays

Missed last night's performance night. Sayang!! Missed the recharged and all business Mr. C and his no holds barred comments.

But again due to problems with Smart and Sun, another results show turned into pssshhtt! Carry-over NA NAMAN!!!

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #177 on: Oct 22, 2006 at 10:56 PM »
Jeli has to go. She was given the honor of opening the show with the first 2 lines of the week's big production number... and she actually forgets the words! Two frickin' lines to memorize, and she can't even do that! Not only that, but she gazes into the camera with a shocked/dazed look of a deer caught in headlights... then is visibly startled when the next singer continues flawlessly on cue.

It was just really pathetic.
« Last Edit: Oct 22, 2006 at 10:57 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #178 on: Oct 30, 2006 at 02:33 PM »
last night was bad again in terms of sound...

ABC finally tweaked their sound system on last night's performance show - the reverb was quite obvious, and what a HUGE difference it made! I don't think Ken, Miguel and Jeli necessarily got better, but their talents were quite enhanced by the new and improved sound of the show.

Random thoughts:

1. My bottom three would be Pow, Jan and Miguel (but he was actually better than Jan & Pow last night). No one is more surprised than me that I cannot include Ken and Jeli on that list. Although I think it would be poetic justice if the one week that Ryan C. told him he was safe would turn out to be the week we see Ken eliminated (*crosses fingers*)

2. I don't think any American Idol contestant would ever dare take on the Whitney Houston version of "I Will Always Love You," since that would seem impossible to pull off. And I wish she hadn't worn that stupid costume, since vocally, Mau did it PERFECTLY. You were not left thinking "Nice, but you're no Whitney." She WAS Whitney... and more. A solid, Grade A performance.

3. The new two hour voting limit is WRONG, since they forgot one key element: The American Idol Performance Show ends at 9:00PM, so the two hours of voting (9PM-11PM) is PRIME TIME for students, one of this franchise's biggest target audiences. Our performance show ended almost at 11:00PM - and it would've been later had the PBA Game gone into overtime. People need to sleep for work or school the next day - they can't stay up and vote until almost 1:00AM!

4. Sadly, I still expect to see Mau, Gian... and Arms or Apple in the Bottom Three tonight. After the first few eliminations, we're clearly in a "vote for the worst" competition.
« Last Edit: Oct 30, 2006 at 02:35 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline tonedeaf

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #179 on: Oct 31, 2006 at 09:43 AM »
Can one performance erase past horrible performances? Can't believe Ken is still around.