Author Topic: a simply classic HT & audio set-up  (Read 80218 times)

Offline classicman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: a simply-classic HT (now w/ hi-res pics)
« Reply #150 on: May 08, 2006 at 08:36 AM »
Been to Classicman's pad...Grabe galing parang sinehan talaga with all of his DVD collections surrounding the room and the room treated.  He is a believer of room treatment in improving the sound rather than changing and upgrading of gears. Somehow I am beginning to be a convert and just looking at my untreated room made me want to jump in the room treatment/acoustic band wagon.  Magastos but what I saw and heard was well worth it!!!  Nalecturan pako tuloy ni Attorney.  Haha! ;D   Honestly, a PJ upgrade nalang ang kulang and pwede na entry sa Audio Video Interiors.

Thanks for the hospitality, the beer and the Cebu lechon bro...lalo na ang free DVD!    ;D

doc Mel, you're much welcome, it was very nice meeting you here in cebu & hosting you in our humble home, i've learned a lot myself chatting to you on the intricacies of audio especially on subwoofers :D........again, the pleasure was all mine 8)

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #151 on: May 08, 2006 at 10:52 AM »
He is a believer of room treatment in improving the sound rather than changing and upgrading of gears.

What a wise man!  :)

« Last Edit: May 08, 2006 at 11:42 AM by MAtZTER »

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #152 on: May 11, 2006 at 09:40 AM »
CEBU LECHON!!! ;D WOW .................and ano yung FREE DVD na yan ?! ?!;D pagbumisita pala dyan FREE ENTRANCE WITH BEER AND LECHON na WITH FREE DVD PA?!?!?! tama ba pagkaintindi ko ;D;D;D

Depende sa mood ni Sir Classicman!  Hehe! ;D  I bought some DVDs from him and he gave me a freebie. Baka mabigyan ka rin ng libre kung pupunta ka lang sa Cebu para dalawin sya.   ::)

basta member ng pinoydvd libre lahat, nadadaan yan sa maboboteng usapan, hehehe ;D ;D ;D

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #153 on: May 11, 2006 at 09:50 AM »
What a wise man!  :)

thanks master MatZ, but you're even wiser coz i got that idea from your post below ;D:

"My dream setup is  not more on the gears, its more on the room. In my current HT setup, I realized that the most important part of the setup is not the gears, its the room.  I read somewhere that the room makes up 50% of the listening experience. The room acoustics helps a lot in the improvement of your system. Its a very common thing for people to keep upgrading their gears cuz of their complaints about the gear, but not knowing that room acoustics can actually solve the problem.

And it would be safe to say that room acoustics are last on the list when people make a wish list for their dream HT. I would encourage a higher priority for it. My gears are just mid end but they sound so good in an acoustically treated room."

http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=45795.msg529306#msg529306

8)

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #154 on: May 11, 2006 at 05:22 PM »

thanks master MatZ, but you're even wiser coz i got that idea from your post below ;D:

"My dream setup is  not more on the gears, its more on the room. In my current HT setup, I realized that the most important part of the setup is not the gears, its the room.  I read somewhere that the room makes up 50% of the listening experience. The room acoustics helps a lot in the improvement of your system. Its a very common thing for people to keep upgrading their gears cuz of their complaints about the gear, but not knowing that room acoustics can actually solve the problem.

And it would be safe to say that room acoustics are last on the list when people make a wish list for their dream HT. I would encourage a higher priority for it. My gears are just mid end but they sound so good in an acoustically treated room."

http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=45795.msg529306#msg529306

8)

Ah, I remember that post. I also read that from some internet site. So someone out there is wiser than us. We are just believers and followers  :)

Anyway, it worked for us, so its good enuf  :)

Offline ronjet

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 98
Re: a simply-classic HT
« Reply #155 on: May 12, 2006 at 12:06 AM »
just like me, ive read post of some wise men( sir leo and sir mats,and pdvd members and guru) ;) ....learned from it(post/advice).

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: a simply-classic HT (w/ updated pics)
« Reply #156 on: May 13, 2006 at 08:23 PM »
just updated & added some pics showing my incomplete audio set-up ;).........kulang pa ng decent integrated amp. & cd player, yung speaker stands naman na-order na pero di pa dumating, hehehe ;D ;D ;D

8)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006 at 07:58 PM by classicman »

Offline aldrinpsx

• DVD Guru
  • Region 1 fanatic!!!!!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #157 on: May 13, 2006 at 09:34 PM »
Sir... type na type ko talaga B&W CDM1 SE mo..may nag aalok sakin dito kaso lang black..saka $400 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

peace!!!

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #158 on: May 14, 2006 at 09:56 AM »
Sir... type na type ko talaga B&W CDM1 SE mo..may nag aalok sakin dito kaso lang black..saka $400 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

peace!!!

salamat sir aldrin, mas maganda nga di hamak ang rosenut or red ash finish basta pang-audio :D.......am sure you'll be able to eventually find this color at a reasonable price, sabi mo nga eh you're in a land of countless opportunities ;D 8)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006 at 10:01 AM by classicman »

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: a simply-classic HT (w/ audio set-up)
« Reply #159 on: May 24, 2006 at 10:10 PM »
sa mga nag-PM on HT room acoustic treatment, ito po yung links to the sites where i got lots of ideas:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?s=60e46b89c2b8a684e6428037909ccbdd&daysprune=30&forumid=19

http://www.ethanwiner.com/acoustics.html

8)

Offline audioslave

• Collector
  • used to be audioslave but now a fotoslave
  • Liked:
« Reply #160 on: Jun 08, 2006 at 01:29 PM »

what a beauty!!  :o  flagship CD Payer ba naman ng Rotel yan  ::) ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2006 at 10:53 PM by audioslave »

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #161 on: Jun 09, 2006 at 11:02 PM »
uyyy :o......ang ganda naman ng kuha mong yan brod, lalo tuloy akong natatakam masilayan na yan ;D ;D ;D

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #162 on: Jun 19, 2006 at 07:51 AM »
just got this 19" ViewSonic Widescreen LCD Monitor (w/ DVI) as replacement for my very old CRT monitor (bumigay na rin after 9 years ;D)..........i ordered it from amazon on june 5 & it arrived june 17 via JAC NY, ang bilis :o:

will take actual pix later 8)

Offline jojitv

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Into The Blu...
  • Liked:
« Reply #163 on: Jun 19, 2006 at 02:42 PM »
Wow, congrats on your new toy. Your honor, sabay mo na rin yung DVD collection, para updated. ;)
SARS!!!

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #164 on: Jun 19, 2006 at 05:47 PM »
Wow, congrats on your new toy. Your honor, sabay mo na rin yung DVD collection, para updated. ;)

thanks sir jojitv, saka nalang ang updated pix ng DVD collection since wala naman masyado nadagdag ;D, here's the actual pix of the LCD monitor:

8)

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #165 on: Jun 19, 2006 at 05:51 PM »
& here's the pix of the gorgeously lookin' Monster Cable Banana Plugs (14-pairs) that i bought from ianmorales, highly recommended talaga :o :o :o:

8)

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
« Reply #166 on: Jun 19, 2006 at 06:32 PM »
bro mas mura ba sa amazon? ??? ganda ng plugs mo ah banana plugs ha. ;D ;D ;D

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #167 on: Jun 21, 2006 at 05:18 PM »
bro mas mura ba sa amazon? ??? ganda ng plugs mo ah banana plugs ha. ;D ;D ;D

bro ricky, i got it for about Php15k including shipping ;)......am not familiar w/ its price in manila basta dito sa cebu more than Php20k sya 8)

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
« Reply #168 on: Jun 21, 2006 at 05:34 PM »
thanks bro,atleast nakamura ka nga kung cebu ang basis ;)

Offline ronjet

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #169 on: Jun 21, 2006 at 06:17 PM »
grabe na! ngayon ko lang nakita yung cdm1SE sir leo ha! :D NICEY!

Offline deo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • 'Evening...commissioner :D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #170 on: Jun 22, 2006 at 06:47 AM »

bro ricky, i got it for about Php15k including shipping ;)......am not familiar w/ its price in manila basta dito sa cebu more than Php20k sya 8)

15k lang? may black ba nyan?  :-\ meron din kasi akong CRT 15"...mag s-6years na ata. hehehe! BTW, Congrats on your new toy!

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #171 on: Jun 22, 2006 at 01:31 PM »
grabe na! ngayon ko lang nakita yung cdm1SE sir leo ha! :D NICEY!

bro ronjet, naku ang tagal ng naka-post nyan kahit wala munang stands ;D, pero dadating na bukas dala ni audioslave from manila coz i was able to buy the pre-owned Lovan stands ni renrico 8)

Offline jojitv

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Into The Blu...
  • Liked:
« Reply #172 on: Jun 22, 2006 at 01:44 PM »

bro ronjet, naku ang tagal ng naka-post nyan kahit wala munang stands ;D, pero dadating na bukas dala ni audioslave from manila coz i was able to buy the pre-owned Lovan stands ni renrico 8)

Uyy, ayos. Update pics your honor ha?! ;)
SARS!!!

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #173 on: Jun 23, 2006 at 11:02 AM »
15k lang? may black ba nyan?  :-\ meron din kasi akong CRT 15"...mag s-6years na ata. hehehe! BTW, Congrats on your new toy!

deo, actually my unit is in black (& i think it's not available in any other color), medyo naging gray/silver lang sya sa pic coz probably of the pen light above it ::).......bili ka na rin bro, hehehe ;D

Offline deo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • 'Evening...commissioner :D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #174 on: Jun 23, 2006 at 11:38 AM »

deo, actually my unit is in black (& i think it's not available in any other color), medyo naging gray/silver lang sya sa pic coz probably of the pen light above it ::).......bili ka na rin bro, hehehe ;D

Black ba? dto sa screen ko parang blue..kailangan ko na ata bumili ng monitor..hehehe...or baka mata ko lang :P

Offline ronjet

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #175 on: Jun 23, 2006 at 01:34 PM »
sir leo. oo nga, black ba yung LCD mo? pareho kami ni sir deo, BLUE talaga din dito sa pc ko. :) anyway, kahit ano pa, basta maganda yan! hehe

about sa lovan stand? ano height sir? and anong model? yumm yumm! :D baka "ballet" yan ah :D "jazz", "caliber" na model
« Last Edit: Jun 23, 2006 at 01:35 PM by ronjet »

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #176 on: Jun 24, 2006 at 09:44 PM »
Black ba? dto sa screen ko parang blue..kailangan ko na ata bumili ng monitor..hehehe...or baka mata ko lang :P

sir leo. oo nga, black ba yung LCD mo? pareho kami ni sir deo, BLUE talaga din dito sa pc ko. :) anyway, kahit ano pa, basta maganda yan! hehe

about sa lovan stand? ano height sir? and anong model? yumm yumm! :D baka "ballet" yan ah :D "jazz", "caliber" na model

parang blue or silver din ang kulay nya dito sa akin, it's probably because of the reflection of the pen light right above it.......but it is really black ;D

Lovan Affiniti II yung model ng nabili ko, tamang-tama lang coz ganon din yung model ng old Lovan ko na pinapatungan ng 602 8)

na set-up na namin ni audioslave pati na yung NEW PRECIOUS ko na dala rin nya from manila but we're still uploading the pics that he took, kaya san mig light lang muna kami ngayon, hehehe ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Jun 26, 2006 at 07:05 PM by classicman »

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #177 on: Jun 25, 2006 at 12:13 AM »
here's my NEW PRECIOUS, a b-day gift to myself ;D ;D ;D:

Rotel RCD-1072 CD Player

8)
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2006 at 12:17 AM by classicman »

Offline ronjet

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #178 on: Jun 25, 2006 at 12:24 AM »
WOW WOW WEE!!! NICEY! GORGEOUS!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY na din Master Leo. :)

post more pics..... more. More. MoRe!

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #179 on: Jun 25, 2006 at 09:48 PM »

WOW WOW WEE!!! NICEY! GORGEOUS!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY na din Master Leo. :)

post more pics..... more. More. MoRe!

thanks guys......here are some of the pix taken by audioslave last night habang tumotoma ng ice cold san mig light ;D ;D ;D, di lang maganda ang camera nya super ganda pa ng mga kuha :o:

8)