Author Topic: The Patriot: Extended Cut (UK / ME)  (Read 1177 times)

Offline JarodXG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Wazaa!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The Patriot: Extended Cut (UK / ME)
« on: Apr 08, 2006 at 06:06 PM »

Title: The Patriot: Extended Cut
Starring: Mel Gibson
Released: 17th April 2006 UK (@ME - already available since March 2006 - AED70.00)
SRP: £12.99

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment released an extended cut of The Patriot (2000) on DVD this April 25th. The film, directed by Roland Emmerich, stars Mel Gibson, Heath Ledger, and Chris Cooper.

Extras include: An additional ten minutes of footage, "Director Roland Emmerich, Producer Dean Devlin Commentary," "Visual Effects," "Interactive Featurette," "Battlefield Featurette - The Art Of War," "The True Patriots Featurette," "Conceptual Art To Film Comparisons," "Deleted Scenes with Optional Commentary by Filmmakers," "Photo Galleries," "DVD-ROM Weblink," "Theatrical Trailers," and "Talent Files."

Be sure to check under Related DVD's below for more details.

Synopsis:
In 1776 South Carolina, widower and legendary war hero Benjamin Martin (Mel Gibson) finds himself thrust into the midst of the American Revolutionary War as he helplessly watches his family torn apart by the savage forces of the British Redcoats. Unable to remain silent, he recruits a band of reluctant volunteers, including his idealistic patriot son, Gabriel (Heath Ledger), to take up arms against the British. Fighting to protect his family's freedom and his country's independence, Martin discovers the pain of betrayal, the redemption of revenge and the passion of love.

Special Features
Running 11 minutes longer (175mins total) features on this Extended Cut release include:
Digitally remastered widescreen presentation
An additional ten minutes of footage!
Director Roland Emmerich, Producer Dean Devlin Commentary
Visual Effects Interactive Featurette
Battlefield Featurette - "The Art Of War"
The True Patriots Featurette
Conceptual Art To Film Comparisons
Deleted Scenes with Optional Commentary by Filmmakers
Photo Galleries
DVD-ROM Weblink
Theatrical Trailers
Talent Files
Production Notes
« Last Edit: Apr 08, 2006 at 06:16 PM by JarodXG »

Offline talisman30

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Guru
  • Experience Results
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Patriot: Extended Cut (UK / ME)
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006 at 04:51 PM »
Any feedbacks on this release? very curious tuloy...
subscribe us at our pre-launch: www.streakdeals.com.ph
like us on facebook: streakdeals.com.ph