Author Topic: Would you lend out your DVDs? / How do you say 'NO'?  (Read 44903 times)

Offline wcvmorasa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • You want me to do that? Make me.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re:Would you lend out your DVDs to friends?
« Reply #60 on: Apr 19, 2002 at 01:07 PM »
[quote author=nirvblakr link=board=3;threadid=505;start=45#54178
Pre, sa sobrang dami ng guidelines mo di na hihiram ang mga friends mo sayo.  Sabihin na maarte ka at swapang!...it happened to me! :-\

This happened to me too.. grrr... ako pa ngayon ang  swapang.  >:(

/333
« Last Edit: Apr 22, 2002 at 02:20 PM by Phobos »

Offline Babae75

• Apprentice
  • Do you like to "count to ten?"
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: Jun 01, 2002 at 06:14 AM »
I debate this everytime people ask me what new DVDs I've gotten. But I would not hesitate to lend it out to friends, its the returning that's hard on me. I'm not the type of person to nag (except w/ my boyfriend  ;)), but if I think you're taking advantage, I will put my foot down.  >:( What I do, for my purposes, is just keep a record of date I lent the DVD, title, and who borrowed it on a spreadsheet. Then I can see who has what and usually I give them 2-3 wks to return it. If they don't (and like I said, I hate to nag) I just tell them I need it back b/c someone else wants to borrow it, hehe  ;D

Offline alfred

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #62 on: Jun 01, 2002 at 07:32 AM »
Babae75,

Welcome to PinoyDVD. Friends tayo ok? Ah, eh do you have The Matrix? Can I borrow it?

Peace. ;)

dagger

« Reply #63 on: Jun 02, 2002 at 06:02 AM »
sure ;D  i see it such a waste that you stockpile lots of dvds at home and don't share the joy of films to others.  however,  the previous lists of precautionary measures for the prompt and safe return of the dvds are all worth being considered.  jotting down the name of the borrower, title of borrowed dvd and date of borrowing in a notebook helps me track down dvds i lent out. ;D  

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #64 on: Jun 02, 2002 at 06:23 AM »
I will never ever lend orig DVDs to my friends and this is one of the reasons I have P-discs para di naman nila sabihing swapang ako. ;D

Offline ann07

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello to my fellow dvd-addict :)
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Jun 12, 2002 at 04:54 AM »
my policy now:

"Pls isauli niyo muna ang hiniram bago humiram ulit"

Offline dni

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Jun 14, 2002 at 01:09 PM »
I am not really keen on lending out my DVDs kasi sobra akong ingat sa mga DVDs ko.  Maybe to those that I know na maingat din sa DVDs walang problema kasi for sure iingatan din nila.  But so far wala pa naman talagang humuhiram sa akin.   :D

dni

Offline ebs

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Jun 15, 2002 at 03:58 AM »
pucha... akala ko ako na yung pinka-praning when it comes to my dvd's... marami pala tayo!  i find it so annoying how some people think i take my video investments too seriously...  yan na lang nga bisyo ko eh (actually videos and yosi), tapos ako pa yung "nag-dadamot"?

ako i hide the expensive and really hard to find ones... these are my kurosawa and criterions... i don't have a large collection of dvd's... mostly vhs pa rin...  i don't care what some people say... if my instincts tell me they are not the "careful" type, they are not getting anywhere near my videos.  kung gusto nila maka-libreng sine, mag-ipon sila ng coupon sa blockbuster video!

but so far ang pinaka-bad trip sa lahat yung bro-in-law ko... he borrows and lends them out to his friends and relatives... gulangan ko ata dapat yung loko!

Offline highlander

• Apprentice
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Jun 20, 2002 at 10:59 AM »
yes. but as gonz said, with rules! and i dont mind saying no to people who are slobs!

Offline Grandpoobah

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • Mwahaha- talo kayo!
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Jun 20, 2002 at 11:57 AM »
hehehe - borrow my DVD's no way!!! Except for my gf na soon to be wife... at least conjugal na!!! Metikuloso pa naman ako when it comes to dust and scratches.

Offline Paltik

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Jun 20, 2002 at 10:49 PM »
a simple note with the list of dvd they get is ok by me ;D. i just hate it when i come home and find that there's a "bungi" on my DVD cabinet >:(, or worse, when you could swear there was some DVD position swapping that went on  ::)

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Jun 21, 2002 at 01:03 PM »
I look at my DVD rack when I wake up. before I leave the house, when I arrive and before I sleep.  So I really know how the titles are arranged.  I know if there is something missing there.  One time, pinagalitan ko pa ang mga maids kasi di daw nila alam kung sino kumuha when I was away.  I even accused my cousin who stays in the other room.  Galit na galit ako! >:(   Then when I saw my DVD player, the title was there.  Nakalimutan ko ilabas when i fell asleep the night before.  Hehe!  Tanga(?) :-\

Offline Paltik

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Jun 21, 2002 at 06:52 PM »

I look at my DVD rack when I wake up. before I leave the house, when I arrive and before I sleep.  So I really know how the titles are arranged.  I know if there is something missing there.  One time, pinagalitan ko pa ang mga maids kasi di daw nila alam kung sino kumuha when I was away.  I even accused my cousin who stays in the other room.  Galit na galit ako! >:(   Then when I saw my DVD player, the title was there.  Nakalimutan ko ilabas when i fell asleep the night before.  Hehe!  Tanga(?) :-\

lol nirvblakr

speaking of which, i just got home and guess what?  >:( damn right, there are four holes on my rack, i asked my wife who borrowed and according to her it was my sister's boyfriend. i used to lend him one or two at a time. but this time he got four. next thing you know they'll be borrowing ten  >:(  ::)

Offline aikigrappler

• DVD Guru
  • irimi nage
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Jun 21, 2002 at 08:26 PM »
I would lend out my not so valuable DVDs.Valuable in the sense that its not really a movie that I love to view time and time again, also those DVDs that have extra nice packaging like the Sixth Sense Vista.Mahirap na ma damage yong cover. I would lend to friends that are also serious collectors of movies because they definitely know how to preserve and handle discs.

Elf 8)
It takes a little more persistence to get up and go the distance

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Jun 24, 2002 at 04:10 AM »
O sige na nga pahiram nako ng DVDs ko basta sama ako sa bahay nila, makikinood, tapos paguwi ko...dala ko na ang DVD ko!  Ayos ba pre? Apir!

Offline onedown

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • peace man!
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Jun 24, 2002 at 10:12 AM »
hehehe... nice one, nirvblakr. pwede din kaya ex-deal--lend your dvd as long as he lends you his dvd player? :)

mods, sorry if off-topic. couldn't resist.
peace man!

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Jun 25, 2002 at 07:12 AM »
onedown-  hehe!  Maybe I can lend you my DVDs as long as yung kapalit eh:

1. AV Receiver
2. TV
3. DVD Player
4. Front Speakers (you can live without the center, sub, or surround but can't live without your fronts)

Anyone will do...parang collateral ah.   ;D

Offline boylit

• Collector
  • LiViD: DVD for Linux
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: Jun 27, 2002 at 04:45 PM »
Yes, I lend out my DVDs to my friends and they share their discs with me too.

We find this to be an ideal way of expanding our taste for cinema. There are some discs that my friends would purchase that I would not know about. After watching some of these discs I find that I actually like them.

I've been turned on to movies like: Memento, Requiem for a Dream, and many others that I would not have known about had my friends not said, "Pare, check this disc out."

I haven't really encountered the return problem in that we normally swap discs on Saturday night and hang out on Sundays for barkada-family lunch or dinner and talk about the movies we watched... among other things. The discs we lent out that Saturday would be returned during on Sunday.

Offline benny

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Sep 08, 2002 at 02:53 AM »
bump

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #79 on: Sep 11, 2002 at 10:14 AM »
Nope..i will not lend...sabihin ko na lang na dito nyo na lang panoodin...nadala na kasi ako eh..dami ko kasing audio CD na nasa pahiraman and taon na ang umabot hindi pa bumabalik..orig pa naman lahat...meron akong isang fav CD na hiniram and 6 months bago naibalik tapos nung bumalik may amag na yung CD tapos parang palad ko na sa dami nang guhit.....
Walang Setup

Offline Mrs. T

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SALABABIZ !!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Sep 11, 2002 at 11:22 AM »
Hindi ako madamot basta sa friends or relatives..
Life is too short for arguments. So kahit ano, basta mayroon ako, welcome na hiramin.

That is except for three things and three things only!
1. Any of my cars (don't even think about it!!!)
2. My precious DVD's (are you kidding me?)
3. MY WIFE (she's mine and mine only !)

Offline formerlysane

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: Sep 11, 2002 at 11:33 AM »
only to a select few

Offline ßartmaniac

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Don't have a cow, man!
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: Sep 11, 2002 at 11:38 AM »
Hindi ako madamot basta sa friends or relatives..
Life is too short for arguments. So kahit ano, basta mayroon ako, welcome na hiramin.

That is except for three things and three things only!
1. Any of my cars (don't even think about it!!!)
2. My precious DVD's (are you kidding me?)
3. MY WIFE (she's mine and mine only !)

COOL!  Fair enough for me...your FRIEND! ;D

Money isn't in your list so I hope you can lend me some when we see each other! ;D

Offline Vash

• Collector
  • Love and Peace !!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: Sep 11, 2002 at 02:02 PM »
i can only lend legit dvds to my brothers.  pero yung mga p-dvds, pwede sa mga friends and relatives...   8)

Offline Paltik

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: Sep 11, 2002 at 04:39 PM »
i occasionally lend out my dvd's, just don't borrow my guns. i'd lend you some bullets though, if you can catch them  ;D

Offline Mrs. T

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SALABABIZ !!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: Sep 11, 2002 at 09:18 PM »

COOL!  Fair enough for me...your FRIEND! ;D

Money isn't in your list so I hope you can lend me some when we see each other! ;D

Oh yeah! Sure... but remember the operative word!
"basta mayroon ako"... kaya lang, most of the time........... wala  :(

Offline Mr. Big Boy

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Addict
  • Big Better Bolder
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: Nov 09, 2002 at 02:51 PM »
Sa friend madaling magpahiram, siyempre lalo na pag-maingat, right? (alam ko you're reading this my friend di ako sincere sa statement na yun  ;) ) pero ang nakakainis eh pag-pati yung friend ng brother o ng sister mo eh nakikihiram na, thats too much.  Ang hirap pa naman humindi nakakahiya di ba?  And worst, if your siblings does'nt even tell you that they've loaned your stuff to their friends, kakainis pag bukas mo ng CD eh casing na lang pala! Kaya I put stickers sa CDs ko saka DVDs stating this disk are not supposed to be loaned and if ever nahiram - return it in good condition.  Kaya if you dont want your friends or relatives to borrow your DVDs or your precious stuff then don't flaunt it in the first place, alam ko mahirap yun pero di ba they can't borrow someting that dont exist.  
« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2005 at 06:07 PM by Mr. Big Boy »

Offline Kings

• DVD Guru
  • ???
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: Nov 09, 2002 at 07:34 PM »
Only to my friends who are also DVD lovers. Saka nakakahiram din ako sa kanila, eh :)

Offline Sen.Almondski

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: Nov 09, 2002 at 08:14 PM »
Guys,

Let say that you lent your favorite DVD to your close and trusted friend, and then  the DVD jewel case was grabbed and bitten by his 1-year old son ( mabilis ang pangyayari at hindi na napansin ng tatay) It's really a shock to your friend because it happen for the first time since you have a good relationship of lending DVD's to each other for a long time. What will be your action and reaction?

Offline dni

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: Nov 09, 2002 at 08:33 PM »
will just let it pass and not think of it again.  sayang naman magaaway kayo dahil lang dun.  tsaka di naman sinasadya eh.

Guys,

Let say that you lent your favorite DVD to your close and trusted friend, and then  the DVD jewel case was grabbed and bitten by his 1-year old son ( mabilis ang pangyayari at hindi na napansin ng tatay) It's really a shock to your friend because it happen for the first time since you have a good relationship of lending DVD's to each other for a long time. What will be your action and reaction?