Author Topic: Gospel of Judas  (Read 1735 times)

Offline Gideon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Galactic Bowler
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Gospel of Judas
« on: Apr 14, 2006 at 12:35 PM »
Guys, has anyone watched the NGC?

The Gospel of Judas shows the life of Jesus in Judas version.

Much like the other 4 Gospels of the Apostles na kanya-kanyang version din naman.
Begin 2 Imagine
[img]http://http://i3

Offline dorian_gray

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Bakla ako...may angal?
  • Liked:
Re: Gospel of Judas
« Reply #1 on: Apr 15, 2006 at 01:04 AM »
I actually love this special. I was baptized catholic as an infant and was educated in a catholic school from kindergarten to high school. I never thought that there were more than 4 gospels written at the same period. i also realized how anti-Semetic the Christian faith (especially Catholic) is.

Offline T-850

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • you are TERMINATED!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Apr 15, 2006 at 08:13 AM »
i missed this twice! first i over slept on the original premiere... the replay on the next day, i wasnt able to watch it since i went with my family to do visita iglesia.. the next show based from the website of NGC is on the 22nd, 9pm.... i'll try not to miss this one!

http://www9.nationalgeographic.com/lostgospel/
http://www.nationalgeographic.com.hk/explore/judas/home.asp

wait.. i saw another commercial on NGC that the next show is on monday night.. but i also got work by then.. arghhh!!!
« Last Edit: Apr 15, 2006 at 08:12 PM by T-850 »

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Apr 15, 2006 at 06:44 PM »
I never thought that there were more than 4 gospels written at the same period.

Marami talagang gospels, but only 4 were generally accepted as "canonical" or part of the New Testament.

The other gospels are called "non-canonical" or "apocryphal".

Examples of apocryphal gospels:

Gospel of Thomas
Gospel of Philip (paborito ni Dan Brown)
Gospel of Peter
Gospel of Mary Magdalene
Gospel of the Egyptians
Gospel of the Hebrews
Gospel of James
Gospel of Judas
(source: wikipedia)

Bahala ka na kung maniniwala ka na divinely inspired nga ba ang mga yon o hindi.
« Last Edit: Apr 15, 2006 at 10:12 PM by barrister »

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #4 on: Apr 15, 2006 at 10:59 PM »
The BBC actually aired a series in 2003 called "Bible Mysteries" which touches on some of the apocryphal gospels. The Old Testament topics look interesting as well. Unfortunately, no DVD release yet as of today:

Who Killed Jesus?
In the month that sees the release of Mel Gibson's controversial film The Passion, this documentary opens the files on one of the greatest crimes in history - the death of Jesus. It examines the three main suspects and reveals how Caiaphas, the Jewish High Priest; the Roman governor, Pontius Pilate and most shocking of all, even Jesus himself, were all implicated in the crucifixion.

Joshua and the Battle of Jericho
The story of the battle of Jericho has become the basis of Jewish claims to land ownership in Israel and the Palestinian territories. It's a tale of conquest and bloodshed, but is the battle really how it all began? The latest archaeological and scientific research leads to a new and startling conclusion: that the Jews may not have conquered the promised land as the Bible says, and that they may even share a common racial heritage with the Palestinians.

Joseph and his Multicoloured Coat
The programme travels to the tombs of ancient Egypt and discovers wall paintings dating back to Joseph's time showing that people from Canaan did wear brightly coloured garments. It examines ice cores from Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania and finds evidence of a great famine in 1650 BC. Could this be the famine that Joseph predicted? Finally, the programme talks to Austrian archaeologists who have found in a recently discovered tomb, statue fragments of a Canaanite leader. The site of this discovery was the ancient city of Avaris, which centuries later became the city of Ramses - mentioned in the Bible as the place where Joseph and his family settled.

The Real Mary Magdalene
Who was the real Mary Magdalene? The sinner woman of the Bible; the woman who washed Jesus' feet with her tears; or even, Jesus' girlfriend? Or was she an important leader in the early church, a radical, and possibly even the founder of Christianity itself? In this film, long-lost evidence sheds a wholly different light on the world's most famous prostitute and presents Mary Magdalene in an exciting new role.

David and Goliath
He's the heroic Biblical King who slew a giant: the founder of modern Israel. We dig behind the biblical "spin" to find the real David - a man more flawed and ruthless than anyone could have imagined.

Herod and the Bethlehem Massacre
King Herod is remembered as the evil King who carried out the horrific slaughter of newborn babies in Bethlehem, at the time of the birth of Jesus. We reveal how he murdered members of his own family - his mother in law, wife and even his sons - proof that he did indeed have the motive and the capability to commit this horrendous crime.

The Disciples
The disciples were a motley crew of uneducated outcasts - not really leadership material - yet they went on to found a worldwide religion. So just how did they do it?

Revelation: The End of the World?
Many believe the terrifying visions of Armageddon, the Beast and the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse hold the key to the end of the world. This programme investigates new evidence revealing that the Book was written as a warning against the worship of Rome's most powerful Emperors and that the infamous number of the beast was not 666, but 616 - secret code for the Emperor Caligula.

Peter the Rock
He was the cowardly disciple who denied knowing Jesus, yet found the strength to establish the church and the courage to die for it. The evidence shows that in fact St Peter was the John Major of his time. His bland, middle of the road management style was precisely what was needed to unite a divided movement under threat.
« Last Edit: Apr 16, 2006 at 06:56 AM by firewired »
PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #5 on: Apr 16, 2006 at 06:51 AM »
Realized this topic is a better fit with the other TV discussions so I moved it.
« Last Edit: Apr 16, 2006 at 06:55 AM by firewired »
PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community

Offline blitzkrieg

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Shut up!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Apr 16, 2006 at 11:15 PM »
 ;D I saw snippets or at least 20 minutes of this during my vacation in Iloilo but saw more of American Idol so I swore I will watch it in full next time. As per NGC guide, you may still catch this show on the following dates:

April 17 at 9pm
April 18 at 1am
April 19 at 4pm
April 21 at 11pm

Offline GC

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • sparc
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Apr 17, 2006 at 01:11 PM »
Some sources of the other "gospels" are gnostic in origin. Others were not considered canonical and therefore not included in the final compilation of the New Testament as due to the sensational stories in contain. Much like newspapers and news programs of today, they report the stories with sensationalism to attract people.

Same with the advertisement of NGC regarding the Gospel of Judas. The way they created the advertisement is to wrap it with sensationalism and controversy to catch the attention and interest of the people. Same thing with the Da Vinci Code.
Pro Deo et Patria

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Apr 17, 2006 at 02:36 PM »
sounds interesting though..gonna catch it tonight....

Offline Gideon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Galactic Bowler
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Apr 21, 2006 at 03:48 PM »
Replay uli tonight at 2100H
Begin 2 Imagine
[img]http://http://i3