Author Topic: Now Open: PinoyDVD Online Store  (Read 89613 times)

Offline randyv

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Now Open: PinoyDVD Online Store
« Reply #150 on: Oct 20, 2006 at 07:51 PM »
For a moment there, I thought you didn't get the email.  That was disturbing considering that we did several tests before rolling out the auto-generate email feature for pre-bookings.  Anyway, It's already clear where you're coming from.  I'll see if we can cook up something quickly to plug the hole you just pointed out. Thanks.   ;)
Official spokesperson for PinoyDVD.biz

Offline rafgar

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #151 on: Oct 20, 2006 at 09:32 PM »
For a moment there, I thought you didn't get the email.  That was disturbing considering that we did several tests before rolling out the auto-generate email feature for pre-bookings.  Anyway, It's already clear where you're coming from.  I'll see if we can cook up something quickly to plug the hole you just pointed out. Thanks.   ;)

Thanks for considering my suggestion.  In addition to the email sent out after pre-booking, it would also be nice to see right away that the pre-booking submission was okay even if it's just a short message saying that the transaction was successful.  By the way, I've already received an email confirmation on my Superman Returns pre-booking.   :)

Offline randyv

• Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #152 on: Oct 25, 2006 at 01:55 PM »
We updated today our Magnavision catalog with the addition of 80 titles.  These are all discounted to P350.  Magna is currently processing our next order so new additions would most likely be available same day next week again.  'Looks like we are on track to building up the complete Magnavison catalog.  ;)

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #153 on: Oct 25, 2006 at 01:59 PM »
Neat.  I see many obscure titles that I thought were unavailable in R3.  Iba talaga ang online, the whole catalog...

Really worth the effort of getting a CC or Megalink card. 
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline dulber32

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #154 on: Oct 25, 2006 at 05:41 PM »
just posted my first successful purchase from the site
help is always on hand, after having problems with the card I used, and really helpful.
I'm browsing the site now for more titles. Very nice!

more power to the driving force behind the enterprise

Offline randyv

• Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #155 on: Oct 26, 2006 at 02:01 PM »
Thanks for considering my suggestion.  In addition to the email sent out after pre-booking, it would also be nice to see right away that the pre-booking submission was okay even if it's just a short message saying that the transaction was successful.  By the way, I've already received an email confirmation on my Superman Returns pre-booking.   :)

Done. ;D  We just rolled out today onsite confirmations for pre-bookings.  Emails are still sent to  customers for reference purposes.  Thanks for the suggestion rafgar.

Offline Dowals

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #156 on: Oct 26, 2006 at 02:07 PM »
We updated today our Magnavision catalog with the addition of 80 titles.  These are all discounted to P350.  Magna is currently processing our next order so new additions would most likely be available same day next week again.  'Looks like we are on track to building up the complete Magnavison catalog.  ;)

Mr. Randy, aren't the magna additions priced P375? or there's additional discount of P25?
lowest paid in the banking industry

Offline randyv

• Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #157 on: Oct 26, 2006 at 02:51 PM »
Mr. Randy, aren't the magna additions priced P375? or there's additional discount of P25?

You're very right Dowals.  ;D  The titles are indeed P375 and not P350 as originally posted.  In my haste to announce the latest additions, I misposted the proper amount. But who knows, we might really sell some of these at those prices or even lower at some future date (soon, we all hope).  Thanks.  By the way, expect more news today from .Biz courtesy of our newsletters.

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #158 on: Oct 26, 2006 at 03:22 PM »
thanks for clarifying mr randy, hoping magna matches the sale prices of other distributors - if want their inventory to move a little faster
« Last Edit: Oct 26, 2006 at 03:23 PM by Dowals »

Offline m0b1u5

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Addict
  • Music is everywhere... we just have to listen...
  • Liked:
« Reply #159 on: Oct 26, 2006 at 06:24 PM »
mr. randyv
 PMed you sir.

thanks
Know Thyself!

Offline randyv

• Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #160 on: Oct 26, 2006 at 08:18 PM »
thanks for clarifying mr randy, hoping magna matches the sale prices of other distributors - if want their inventory to move a little faster

What is going against Magnavision in this case is that they are basically distributors, and are such,  governed by the pricing policies of the mother studios.  In my limited dealings with them, I've seen them compromise on prices in favor of satisfying market wants.  I am fairly confident in saying that they are conscious of market needs and wants.  But like you, I do hope that prices are slashed whenever possible.  A peso dropped here and then goes a long way in adding an additional DVD during these challenging times. ;D
« Last Edit: Oct 26, 2006 at 08:20 PM by randyv »

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #161 on: Oct 27, 2006 at 06:17 AM »
What is going against Magnavision in this case is that they are basically distributors, and are such,  governed by the pricing policies of the mother studios.  In my limited dealings with them, I've seen them compromise on prices in favor of satisfying market wants.  I am fairly confident in saying that they are conscious of market needs and wants.  But like you, I do hope that prices are slashed whenever possible.  A peso dropped here and then goes a long way in adding an additional DVD during these challenging times. ;D

Magnavision in my eyes are indeed improving.  Yun prices lang talaga ang medyo questionable.  They still release titles at 895.  But kudos to them for offering more titles packaged in bosed sets/promos which in my opinion are admirable.  But I think they should start thinking sales by volume and not profiting from selling titles at the 895 price point which titles are hard to dispose.

I don't have the sales figures from the distributors but Viva and warner make tons of money more and their stocks fly off the shelves because of the lower cost for each titles.  Viva's shift to pricing their disney titles at 550 starting with the little mermaid made me buy one eventhough I am still getting the R1 counterpart.  And that's aside from the fact that I have made dozens of purchases of their 299 titles which I wouldn't even dream of picking up at their SRP.

As for Warner, their prices have been sensational moreso for new releases that I also order w/o hesitation titles that would make me think before if I should get it!

With today's economy..people are very smar and more concious to look for bargains and Magna should start shifting to the idea of selling in volumes rather than profits per unit sold.

Offline randyv

• Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #162 on: Oct 28, 2006 at 10:44 AM »
(The issue below was raised and already answered in a different thread here.  I felt it was relevant to post it here as well.  Mods, please delete if you think its inappropriate.) ???

Please note when you encounter the following error message at PinoyDVD.biz:

The email address already exists. If you are the owner of the email address and you have concerns, please advise us by emailing us at [email protected]

This type of error arises when a registrant misses out on activating his/her account after creating one.  As a precautionary measure and to safeguard the owner of the email address, account activation at .Biz requires clicking on an email link sent to the address indicated in account creation.  This process prevents a person from using somebody else's email address to create an account.  This error is common as a number of registrants overlook the activation email because of it landing in their junk folders.  That's why during account creation, we remind everybody to check their junk or spam folders.

If you can't find your activation email, write to [email protected] to request for a resend of the email.
« Last Edit: Oct 28, 2006 at 12:57 PM by randyv »

Offline jm33_babe

• Collector
  • Hi
  • Liked:
« Reply #163 on: Oct 30, 2006 at 11:43 AM »
hi what should i do if ever i want to change my designated credit card?

Offline randyv

• Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #164 on: Oct 30, 2006 at 03:21 PM »
hi what should i do if ever i want to change my designated credit card?

Hi jm33_babe.  You simply email [email protected] to request for a credit card change.  However, you will have to send the front copy of your replacement card (with the 8 middle digits and expiration date blocked, of course ;D). Thanks. ;)

Offline jm33_babe

• Collector
  • Hi
  • Liked:
« Reply #165 on: Oct 30, 2006 at 07:39 PM »
Hi jm33_babe. You simply email [email protected] to request for a credit card change. However, you will have to send the front copy of your replacement card (with the 8 middle digits and expiration date blocked, of course ;D). Thanks. ;)

hi randyv... thanks.

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #166 on: Oct 30, 2006 at 08:49 PM »
Ordered first time here, first order disappointed kaagad ako. The ET 2disc SE arrived with a crumpled plastic sleeves, as in really crumpled. This stock should have never left the store.

I know that you will tell me that it can be replaced, i was advised that the item will be picked-up on a certain day, but through email, so I missed that advisory, If only I can be online all day, so I again requested for a second pick-up, I missed one item in the form, the courier was so in a hurry that they were gone before my maid called my attention. So I guess I will just to settle with that copy. Ordering on-line might have its advantages, but disadvantage also comes in the way, since you dont see the item first hand.

I am new here, and I am quite surprised that in the Marketplace, I didnt had any problem like this.

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #167 on: Oct 30, 2006 at 10:05 PM »
Personally, I don't have any problem with the DVDs I ordered from PinoyDVD.  All are packaged properly and arrived in tiptop shape. 

ET is distributed by Magnavision, and Magna DVD are notorious for using cheap looking clear amarays and thick cellophane like cover that looks cheap and get crumpled easily.  The problem is more with Magna's packaging than PinoyDVD.    Still, maybe PinoyDVD should have rejected the disc when it was delivered to them...

I just hope, this incident might not deter you from buying from them again...
In my view, the advantages of buying online is worth the hassle.  For one,   the extensive library is really, really neat (eg. ET was unavailable in the numerous Astro I'd been to).  And discounted price (especially Warner's) are reflected immediately, unlike some stores which takes time to change their prices (and sometimes even don't).

Offline clea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hi-dilly-ho-dilly, neighboreenos.
  • Liked:
« Reply #168 on: Oct 30, 2006 at 10:42 PM »
My experience with Pinoydvd.biz delivery was also very good. The DVDs were packaged very well and delivered promptly. Their support team was also the most cooperative I've seen.

This is a continuing improvement process wherein I believe that they would be willing to correct some of the oversights they make. Forums like this is a good medium for us consumers to give them ideas on how to improve on their service. I'm sure randyv will check on this. :D

Regarding the crumpled plastic cover, I think quality control on the warehousing side (during delivery from supplier and before dispatch to customer) should be able to correct this. As for the date of pickup, maybe another way would be to send an SMS regarding the scheduled date for pickup as most of us aren't online all the time. Just some suggestions  ;)
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Toy Launch
Megamall A May30

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #169 on: Oct 31, 2006 at 07:38 AM »
Ordered first time here, first order disappointed kaagad ako. The ET 2disc SE arrived with a crumpled plastic sleeves, as in really crumpled. This stock should have never left the store.

The ET I bought at an Astro Store had the same cumpled plastic cover (all copies at the shelf have them). I had to replace it with an Amaray case, it's just my solution to Magna's notorious packaging. :P

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
« Reply #170 on: Oct 31, 2006 at 09:47 AM »
i dunno if its me or what, but i couldnt login/create a new account, are there any problems?

Offline rafgar

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #171 on: Oct 31, 2006 at 06:27 PM »

If you were to buy this from Astroplus or any other video/record store, you might still be encountering the "crumpled plastic sleeves" packaging.  I have seen several ETs in stores before and I must say that this is generally the condition of its packaging.  As Dowals has attested, the ET DVDs in the Astro store where he bought his copy are all like this.  This is one reason that I'm not really enthusiastic in buying old Magnavision releases because of their crappy cases -- mukhang pirated ang packaging.

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #172 on: Oct 31, 2006 at 08:15 PM »
The ET I bought at an Astro Store had the same cumpled plastic cover (all copies at the shelf have them). I had to replace it with an Amaray case, it's just my solution to Magna's notorious packaging. :P

I could have done this easily, if I paid 199, but I paid 550 for this. I might be solving the problem of Magnavision but this doesn't make the .BIZ attractive. Sir Dowals,  first time eh, alam mo na...memorable.  ;D

If you were to buy this from Astroplus or any other video/record store, you might still be encountering the "crumpled plastic sleeves" packaging. I have seen several ETs in stores before and I must say that this is generally the condition of its packaging. As Dowals has attested, the ET DVDs in the Astro store where he bought his copy are all like this. This is one reason that I'm not really enthusiastic in buying old Magnavision releases because of their crappy cases -- mukhang pirated ang packaging.

And I thought this was an isolated case, I wonder why this stores still sells items like this? Lessons learned, thanks!  ;)

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #173 on: Oct 31, 2006 at 10:02 PM »
Oh well, Magnavision doesn't give them any alternative.  From what's posted, it seems most ETs are like that, so either Astro reject them or sell them as it is... 

As to pricing, pareho lang naman ang .biz at Astro (sans shipping).  So it's not really .biz fault but Magnavision.

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #174 on: Nov 01, 2006 at 01:31 AM »
Okay, so since .biz will replace my DVD, and from the posts here it seems that most if not all the plastic cover of ET is crumpled, I wonder what copy will I get as a replacement? Mababaw lang naman yung problema, kaso sympre, if I were to see that in the stores, I wouldn't consider buying it. Of course we want a good piece.

Natyempo lang siguro, but I will definitely consider buying again at .biz but I guess I will just have to avoid getting Magnavisions.

Oh well, Magnavision doesn't give them any alternative. From what's posted, it seems most ETs are like that, so either Astro reject them or sell them as it is...

As to pricing, pareho lang naman ang .biz at Astro (sans shipping). So it's not really .biz fault but Magnavision.

In a way, .biz also has a fault, again, if this is an isolated case I would understand, but it seems that this is already a common knowledge to a lot on how Magnavision makes their DVD's, so why get items like this? Let the stores sell it, since customers will have a first hand look at the item, they will have a choice, unless .biz will post the actual pics of the item and advise the condition,  then its the customers choice wether they will still buy it or not given the situation.   

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #175 on: Nov 01, 2006 at 02:33 AM »
PinoyDVD.biz probably had no idea on the condition of the discs until it was delivered.  And to reject them or choose not to sell them would probably be detrimental to developing business relations with Magnavision... since PinoyDVD.biz is more or less a startup, and they had to rely on the authorized distro for the DVDs.   As PinoyDVD grew, they probably would get more leverage and power to demand for better products.  NOTE that this is all speculation from a businessperson point-of-view as I am not connected nor knowledgeable about PinoyDVD.biz's operations.  :)

But I do agree, that it the product is less than agreeable, maybe they could inform the buyer prior to shipping.  The problem with this, however, is the Yespayments/PORT deduct payment immediately on order, and I don't think there's a way around that.   And cancelling such transaction is expensive as Yespayments would charge PinoyDVD for them...

Anyway, so far, it seems isolated, so maybe they can work something out.

As for me, I am satisfied with the service they provided, and hope that Magnavision (and eventually Viva) would provide them with timely releases like Warner, so far, only Da Vinci Code from the October releases had make it to the online store.  And I think most DVD buyers are a compulsive bunch (ie wants to own a DVD almost at launch), so they are missing out from those.  I for one, got Mission Impossible III and The Producers from brick-and-mortar stores, both of which I could have ordered online, if they were available...

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2385
« Reply #176 on: Nov 01, 2006 at 09:12 AM »
frootloops I also have this experience, my first order a week or two ago ET 2 disc at 475 ata and some others. Yes same thing crumpled cover for ET. I was disappointed, went out to buy a two disc case from cd outlet in new virra mall and replaced it. So I spend around 475 on dvd, around 35 or 40 ata sa case, 20 to 30 ata parking, 100 maybe for gas back and forth. My total is about 600 to 650..for ET phone home....hehehe...But the other discs are ok and good and convenient service from pinoy online store

Offline randyv

• Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #177 on: Nov 01, 2006 at 03:40 PM »
I’m not sure if I said this here before but the ultimate goal of .Biz is to bring affordable quality DVDs to pinoys all over. With this in mind, our quality check must ensure that the DVDs leaving our store are acceptable to the intended party.  If not, then it becomes too expensive for us to handle the return and replacement of the DVDs.  So, how do we ensure the quality?  Currently, we do two checks whenever we receive DVDs from our distributors (same checks are applied again prior to shipment). The first check is on the packaging and the second one is if the discs are dislodged from their holders.  While the latter is easier to do, the former is admittedly tougher because it can become subjective.  If packaging across studios and distributors are exactly the same, then filtering “rejects” would be an easier task.  But unfortunately for us, this is not the case such that we now have to set a standard that we believe is acceptable to our customers.  This standard is adjusted based on the feedback we get directly from customers or from this forum.  That’s why .Com is a daily habit for me now.   

Going to frootloops’ case, I already relayed to him my interest in seeing the condition of the packaging and both of us have already agreed on the next pickup reschedule.  If the condition of the packaging is the same as what we currently have on stock, then a refund is in order rather than a replacement. And subsequently, we will remove the title from our catalog. 

The returns policy of the store was drafted to protect the interest of our customers and not to afford an easy way out for .Biz to extricate itself from problems similar to the one being talked about now.  When we were drafting the policy, management was in unison in applying a pickup policy rather than a mail in policy.  It was also decided that the cost for the pickup is shouldered by .Biz and not the customer.  The idea was to make the return as convenient as possible to the customer.  If there are still alternatives to improve this policy, we will definitely look into it.

Whatever feedback we get, we communicate this to the distributors.  Our belief is that the general market for DVDs in the Philippines is here at .Com (and I saw someone else post this somewhere here before). I would assume that the distributors are cognizant of this as well.  As an offshoot of frootloops, we are enforcing a stricter filtering policy on packaging and have requested our distributors to be pickier, as well, with DVDs delivered to us.  We also brought to their attention techdude’s(?) complaint of slicing open the shrink wraps at the side and sticking the ratings(?) sticker.  Their explanation, which seemed reasonable, is that the imported DVDs come shrink wrapped and because of regulations, they are compelled to stick the ratings label in the plastic cover and not on the shrink wrap.   

We also believe that .Com members are generally one of the most particular and exacting DVD customers (and I mean this in a good way).  If we can serve you satisfactorily, then how much easier will it be to serve other customers?  In parallel to the song New York(?), if we can make it here, we’ll make it anywhere!

Much thought and planning went before the roll out of .Biz.  I think our policies and procedures validate this.   However, we do recognize that there are still things that are left to be desired.  Like clea said, we are still in a continuing improvement process.  I think some of the members here can attest to the fact that whenever possible, features are added/implemented based on members’ inputs.  To name a few: Texting rollout was due to a Dowals request, and; rafgar’s contribution was the pre-booking confirmation page.

I hope that this post does not muddle the issue at hand, but rather sheds light on .Biz’ position.

Offline randyv

• Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #178 on: Nov 02, 2006 at 05:55 PM »
We have successfully rolled out yesterday, 1 November 2006, two new features at PinoyDVD.biz. 8)

Customers of .Biz opting for a cash deposit payment facility can now pay for their purchases by making a deposit to a designated .Biz account at any Banco De Oro branch.  At checkout, customers simply click on ‘Bank Deposit’ as their preferred payment method.  After checkout, they will then receive an email from .Biz indicating the bank account details and the amount for deposit.  In the same email, they are also asked to note specific details in their deposit which are required by .Biz (the details are used as a reference in identifying the deposit). Once deposits are matched, the corresponding orders are then shipped to customers.  Note that customers are only given two days to make their deposit.  Failure to do so will result in the cancellation of their order.

Those who intend to give the gift of (original) DVDs this Christmas (or any other occasion for that matter) can do so with the ‘Gift Card’ option at .Biz.  At every checkout, customers are asked whether they want their orders shipped with a gift card.  Just pick ‘Yes’ and enter your short message in the box provided.  You are then given the option to drop the invoice from the package (which should be logical if you’re sending gifts).  After a successful checkout, your message is then printed on an exclusive .Biz gift card and included in your package.  Oh, the joy of receiving ‘Barbie in the Nutcracker’ from ninang, priceless…….. ;D

We are also adding today 85 Magnavision titles to our catalog.  These are all discounted to only P375.  Banners below and at .Biz have been updated to point to the new list. ;)

Offline ranran

• DVD Guru
  • SOUL PATROL!
  • Liked:
« Reply #179 on: Nov 02, 2006 at 07:12 PM »

Customers of .Biz opting for a cash deposit payment facility can now pay for their purchases by making a deposit to a designated .Biz account at any Banco De Oro branch.  At checkout, customers simply click on ‘Bank Deposit’ as their preferred payment method.  After checkout, they will then receive an email from .Biz indicating the bank account details and the amount for deposit.  In the same email, they are also asked to note specific details in their deposit which are required by .Biz (the details are used as a reference in identifying the deposit). Once deposits are matched, the corresponding orders are then shipped to customers.  Note that customers are only given two days to make their deposit.  Failure to do so will result in the cancellation of their order.

this is great news indeed. next stop viva titles.  ;D