Author Topic: Now Open: PinoyDVD Online Store  (Read 89588 times)

Offline stryder

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
Re: Now Open: PinoyDVD Online Store
« Reply #180 on: Nov 07, 2006 at 11:56 PM »
I've been a pinoydvd online customer for a while now and so far im really satisfied with the way things are handled..from my queries up to the prompt deliveries of the items ordered...
however, i would just like to call the attention of who ever is concerned regarding my latest order - Peter Benchley's "Creature" dvd....'coz the message "For Screening Purposes Only" appears all through out the movie from disc 1 to disc 2! What up?

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #181 on: Nov 08, 2006 at 12:52 AM »
however, i would just like to call the attention of who ever is concerned regarding my latest order - Peter Benchley's "Creature" dvd....'coz the message "For Screening Purposes Only" appears all through out the movie from disc 1 to disc 2! What up?

WOW!! :o Don't tell me this is from Magnavision again???  ;D

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #182 on: Nov 08, 2006 at 01:07 AM »
i would just like to call the attention of who ever is concerned regarding my latest order - Peter Benchley's "Creature" dvd....'coz the message "For Screening Purposes Only" appears all through out the movie from disc 1 to disc 2! What up?

Yeah, I actually noticed this problem with "Creature" back in April. It's beyond pinoydvd.biz's control - kasalanan na yan ng nagrerelease ng Hallmark productions locally, although I think you were right to bring it to their attention, so pinoydvd.biz will be made aware of this so they don't stock this title anymore.

It really rightly angers customers when they buy an allegedly legitimate product and it's clearly sourced from pirated material. Hallmark releaser, take note... and SHAME ON YOU!  >:(
« Last Edit: Nov 08, 2006 at 01:09 AM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #183 on: Nov 08, 2006 at 01:24 AM »
"Creature" DVD:

I think it is Magnavision.  Again, not a fault of PinoyDVD.biz.  But I would be terribly annoyed if I am the one who purchases the said disc.  Fortunately, horror is not my genre of choice. :)

The disc is probably genuine, but viewing such would fell like watching a pirated disc.  A search on .biz shows that the DVD was released way back in 1998.  So as one of the first batch of DVDs, maybe the studios just digitalize the film without taking care as to remove such marks. 

Polar Express with snow globe is showing up as new release on .biz.  I think that was released a year ago...
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #184 on: Nov 08, 2006 at 12:36 PM »
Yup, it's a mastering and QC issue. Hallmark sends the Betacam masters locally and these are converted to DVD format by Magnavision's manufacturing supplier. In this case, the error was probably on Hallmark's end but the manufacturer should have caught that during the authoring stage.
PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community

Offline randyv

• Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #185 on: Nov 08, 2006 at 08:15 PM »
Earlier today, we reported stryder’s case to our distributor and asked them to look into the matter.  They called late afternoon today with their findings and regret over the incident. :-[   Apparently, the stocks were already marked as “rejects” and should not have been supplied to us at all.  But the warehouseman, failing to filter properly, still delivered the stocks to us. In fairness to the distributor, this happened as well with our other distributor and under the same circumstance (where warehouse failed to sift out the reject stocks).  Dr. Zhivago, then, was inadvertently delivered to us. 

To prevent a repeat, “Creature” was delisted from our catalog today.
« Last Edit: Nov 08, 2006 at 11:18 PM by randyv »
Official spokesperson for PinoyDVD.biz

Offline stryder

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #186 on: Nov 08, 2006 at 10:48 PM »
It's beyond pinoydvd.biz's control - kasalanan na yan ng nagrerelease ng Hallmark productions locally, although I think you were right to bring it to their attention, so pinoydvd.biz will be made aware of this so they don't stock this title anymore.
To prevent a repeat, “Creature” was delisted from our catalog today.
yup! that's my intention..thanks bros...anyway, ill just keep this one since matagal na rin i was looking for the dvd version of this title...and as always, am still one loyal and satisfied customer of pinoydvd.biz...kudos pa rin when it comes to your customer relations management
« Last Edit: Nov 08, 2006 at 10:53 PM by stryder »

Offline randyv

• Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #187 on: Nov 09, 2006 at 09:42 PM »
It’s that time of the week again! ;)  We just updated our catalog with the addition of 81 Magnavision titles today.  Banners here and at .Biz have been updated to point to the new list page.  Thanks.

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2385
« Reply #188 on: Nov 10, 2006 at 07:19 AM »
hello randyv, just have a question, I bought For Petes Sake and found scratches on it, returned it yesterday. However I( well actually my wife) was charged 78.40 pesos for delivery charge ata. Is that correct?  I assume there should be no charges for this because of defect.  Will that amount be reversed in her credit card. Pls confirm Thanks

Offline randyv

• Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #189 on: Nov 10, 2006 at 11:57 AM »
hello randyv, just have a question, I bought For Petes Sake and found scratches on it, returned it yesterday. However I( well actually my wife) was charged 78.40 pesos for delivery charge ata. Is that correct?  I assume there should be no charges for this because of defect.  Will that amount be reversed in her credit card. Pls confirm Thanks

Hi Moks007.  There are actually three options for returned items. These are the following:

-Replacement - we will ship to you the replacement item (s) free of shipping charges, provided that said item is on stock.

-Store Credits - If we cannot replace your defective items, we can credit your account with the value of the returned items including the shipping costs. If the returned items are part of a multi-item shipment, your credit will be pro-rated based on the weight of the returned items over the total weight of the items shipped.

-Refund - If we cannot replace your defective items, we can also refund your account with the value of the returned items including the shipping costs. If the returned items are part of a multi-item shipment, your refund will be pro-rated based on the weight of the returned items over the total weight of the items shipped.

Thanks.

Offline randyv

• Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #190 on: Nov 10, 2006 at 07:01 PM »
I have some bit of good news coming Magna's way. :)  Due to numerous requests from members regarding the ratings labels, Magna decided to finally stick these on the shrink wrap.  Rejoice! No more crummy stickers on the cases and no more sliced open shrink wraps. ;D  Magna has heard your voices and saw the rationale in your explanations.  Like I said before, in my limited conversations with them, they have been very receptive and open to suggestions from members.
« Last Edit: Nov 10, 2006 at 08:13 PM by randyv »

Offline ranran

• DVD Guru
  • SOUL PATROL!
  • Liked:
« Reply #191 on: Nov 10, 2006 at 08:05 PM »
great news indeed, thanks sir randyv

Offline clea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hi-dilly-ho-dilly, neighboreenos.
  • Liked:
« Reply #192 on: Nov 10, 2006 at 08:21 PM »
Nice news, those stickers are really damn irritating ;D
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Toy Launch
Megamall A May30

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #193 on: Nov 13, 2006 at 12:05 AM »
The rush is on.  Superman Ultimate Collection/Superman Returns sale has commenced on PinoyDVD...

and it had jumped into the (PinoyDVD) bestseller top spot, less than 20 minutes after sales started...
« Last Edit: Nov 13, 2006 at 12:16 AM by techdude »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #194 on: Nov 13, 2006 at 01:43 AM »
Due to numerous requests from members regarding the ratings labels, Magna decided to finally stick these on the shrink wrap.

Are they actually allowed to do this? I figured Warner was doing it on the sly, but the OMB just wasn't paying close attention.

I ask because back during the VRB days, when they first started requiring the VRB ratings stickers on laserdiscs, I know of a laserdisc shop that got penalized for sticking the stickers on the plastic and not on the jacket of the discs itself. Or maybe that just applies to rental copies and not those for sale - does that even make any sense?

Anyway... this is good news indeed. Thanks for the update!
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #195 on: Nov 14, 2006 at 08:57 PM »
Sir randyv just a quick inquiry...

Being a Magna release, how come you don't have M.I. III 2-disc in stock?

Will you be having it soon.

Thanks.

;D

Offline randyv

• Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #196 on: Nov 14, 2006 at 11:11 PM »
Earlier, we got the recent releases of Magna. :)  I’m assuming that M.I. III is included.  If not, we’ll ask for copies immediately.  Anyway, the new releases should be available from the online store by tomorrow.

The delay in the recent releases is really more our fault.  We got too preoccupied with updating our catalog with old Magna titles that we practically forgot about the new releases. ;D  However, we talked to Magna (and also, Warner) about this and we are currently threshing out the process so that our stocks of new releases are delivered on the same day as the street date.  8) Thanks for asking DVD_freak.   

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #197 on: Nov 15, 2006 at 07:28 AM »
PinoyDVD.biz operates on the wisdom that online buyers love to shop for bargains -- probably my fault since they interviewed me about my buying habits. ;D
PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #198 on: Nov 15, 2006 at 12:10 PM »
Thank you sirs randyv & firewired.  Dami kasi good titles ng Magna recently including among others M.I. III, Over the Hedge, The Break Up, etc.

;D :o

Offline lufin_13

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #199 on: Nov 15, 2006 at 10:01 PM »
tanong lang ako kung pano ma activate yung third option sa payment. gusto ko kasing gamitin yung visa card ko pero 2 lang yung option ko. hope someone can help me with it para ma check out ko na yung superman UE...thanks
live your life to the fullest as if it were your last

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #200 on: Nov 15, 2006 at 10:07 PM »
Lufin_13: look at the email account that you registered with, there should be an email with instructions on sending a photo of your credit card FRONT (with the middle 8 digits blocked out) and a valid ID.   Validation takes less than a business day.

RandyV or anyone from PinoyDVD: Is there a way to use a pen name or Initial, surname instead of full name when writing a review on PinoyDVD... 

Offline lufin_13

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #201 on: Nov 16, 2006 at 12:59 AM »
thanks techdude ill try to fax them this information para ma i out ko na yung cart ko

OT:
anyone who ordered superman UE, kapag umorder pa ba ako ngayon possible pa ba akong makakuha nung freebies nila na pang early buyers?
live your life to the fullest as if it were your last

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #202 on: Nov 16, 2006 at 02:54 AM »
And something for PinoyDVD.biz guys to ponder... 

How do those who get Superman UCE from PinoyDVD.biz redeem the discount coupon if they were to get The Ant Bully (tentative release date: November 21, 2006).   To buy that DVD at brick-and-mortar stores or do we get automatic discount for a limited time?  The latter option would allow some to get two copies of The Ant Bully (One online and another offline), not that Warner will object, since their margin is surely more than Php 25... 

The Ant Bully is not as anticipated as Superman UCE/Returns (Personally, I am still debating whether to get it), but some other people might...hence the Q...

Offline randyv

• Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #203 on: Nov 16, 2006 at 09:00 AM »
RandyV or anyone from PinoyDVD: Is there a way to use a pen name or Initial, surname instead of full name when writing a review on PinoyDVD... 

Thanks for the earlier isntructional techdude. :)  Regarding your suggestion, it does seem very reasonable and rationale.  I'll ask our tech group to look into this.  I'm pretty sure we can come up with a solution that is in line with your suggestion. 8)

And something for PinoyDVD.biz guys to ponder... 

How do those who get Superman UCE from PinoyDVD.biz redeem the discount coupon if they were to get The Ant Bully (tentative release date: November 21, 2006).   To buy that DVD at brick-and-mortar stores or do we get automatic discount for a limited time?  The latter option would allow some to get two copies of The Ant Bully (One online and another offline), not that Warner will object, since their margin is surely more than Php 25... 

The Ant Bully is not as anticipated as Superman UCE/Returns (Personally, I am still debating whether to get it), but some other people might...hence the Q...

Like you, I think Warner will not mind the P25 discount (although I can still be wrong).  The following is how we might execute the coupon redemption and this is still subject to the approval of Warner. ;D From .Biz perspective, we have a database of those who bought the UCE.  The implication here is that these members need not send us copies of the discount coupons for Ant Bully since their  names can easily be referenced against our database.  For customers who bought UCE from traditional stores, we will require a copy of the coupon either by fax or email.  Thanks for asking techdude. :)

Offline stryder

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #204 on: Nov 20, 2006 at 10:34 PM »
this is great news indeed. next stop viva titles.  ;D
Sir Randyv, just wanted to know the latest updates when are we going to see viva titles over here?

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #205 on: Nov 20, 2006 at 10:43 PM »
Sir Randyv, just wanted to know the latest updates when are we going to see viva titles over here?

My sentiments also.  Til now wala pa ko nakikitang Cars & X-Men 3 here in the province where I am currently based.  Sa PinoyDVD.biz ako umaasa for new releases.

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #206 on: Nov 21, 2006 at 12:17 AM »
Daming titles from Magnavision ang nadagdagan... 

https://www.pinoydvd.biz/index.php?list=magnanew&date=20061120
https://www.pinoydvd.biz/index.php?list=magnanew&date=20061115

nasa 'S' na sila so baka isang batch na lang kumpleto na ang Magnavision DVD9 catalogue. 

Viva na lang talaga ang kulang, pero how do you stock Viva titles na 'erratic' ang release at nag-299 after a few (as little as two) months...

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #207 on: Nov 21, 2006 at 07:54 AM »
Viva na lang talaga ang kulang, pero how do you stock Viva titles na 'erratic' ang release at nag-299 after a few (as little as two) months...

Just like Warner & Magna, Viva just has to inform PinoyDVD.biz of any permanent price reduction to 299 I guess.  Tutal naman hindi kasali ang site sa mga on going sales sa malls (i.e. Warner...always permanent reduction, Magna...never nag 333 sa site during mallwide sales). 

Even if during the sale nag-299 ang mga Viva titles, normal price pa rin ang site.  Then after the sale, Viva titles are back to regular prices, the site naman still lists titles at normal prices.

Offline stryder

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #208 on: Nov 21, 2006 at 01:58 PM »
Daming titles from Magnavision ang nadagdagan... 

https://www.pinoydvd.biz/index.php?list=magnanew&date=20061120
https://www.pinoydvd.biz/index.php?list=magnanew&date=20061115

nasa 'S' na sila so baka isang batch na lang kumpleto na ang Magnavision DVD9 catalogue. 

talking about magna titles.....where's king kong (2006) and MI:3?

Offline randyv

• Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #209 on: Nov 21, 2006 at 05:26 PM »
As techdude has pointed out, we updated again our database with new Magnavision titles. Thanks techdude.  The additions consist of 12 recent releases and 87 not so recent releases (already discounted to P375). Banners have been updated here and at .Biz to point to the new lists.  And yes, we are indeed close to completely building up the discounted Magna titles.  Once done, we will then move to the P895 titles so that before the year ends, we would have a very extensive catalog of Magnavison titles. 8)  Regarding M.I. III, I was just advised that this would be delivered to our warehouse tomorrow. :)  That being the case, this should be available before tomorrow ends.  On Stryder’s King Kong, this would be included once we start updating the P895 titles.

I don’t have anything yet on Viva.  I would have wished that I had something more substantial to report but unfortunately there is none yet. :(  I am hopeful, however, that we can sit down with them soon to thresh out the distribution terms.  I’ll advise you here and via our newsletter, once we come up with something more definite on Viva.

We have added a new field in the My Account Information page due to a recent request.  There is now an entry for Nicknames or Pen names.  This is useful for hiding your complete name when writing reviews (assuming that you want to remain anonymous  ;D).  The field is optional and when left blank, the complete name will appear in the reviews.  Everyone is welcome at .Biz to share their respective views on good or bad movies.  Thanks. ;)