Author Topic: Now Open: PinoyDVD Online Store  (Read 89633 times)

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Now Open: PinoyDVD Online Store
« Reply #270 on: Aug 01, 2007 at 11:59 AM »
Just received the August newsletter.  Tuloy pa free shipping for orders Php 1,000 and above until August 31st.

And Warner restocked quite a few classics and repriced them at Php 199! 

Nice to see that Citylights is now restocked at Php 275.  And somebody at Warner must be an Elvis fan, as they restocked and repriced a whole bunch of Elvis DVDs...

And looks like Magnavision is supporting PinoyDVD.biz again with a steady stream of new titles.

Just a Q for folks at PinoyDVDs, will titles that are unavailable as imported DVD9 like Hallmark DVDs be stocked?  Will Pinoy DVD ever carry those 3-for-600, 2-for-500 Magnavision DVDs?  How about the current promo at many local brick-and-mortar stores (2 DVDs for the price of one  on selected imported 895 titles)?
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline randyv

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #271 on: Aug 01, 2007 at 09:33 PM »
Yes techdude, we decided to extend the free shipping promo until the end of August.  Considering that we still have a batch or two of permanent price drops from Warner and some promos from Magna, we felt compelled to extend the period.

We were surprised ourselves to find that there were still a number of Warner titles not in our catalog.  With our last update, we should be anywhere at 90% to 95% of the entire DVD catalog of Warner.  In parallel, we are also building up our Magna and Viva catalog to the same level as Warner's. With regards to Magna, they've always supported .Biz.  There were just some issues that we both needed to address during the early part of this year but we are over that.  As we grow, there are still some issues that present but its not as substantial to merit a repeat of our old problem as techdude objectively observed.   

I'll call on Warner regarding the Hallmark DVDs and post their answer here on this thread.  On the Magna promos, we are definitely offering the buy 1/take 1 promo for selected P895 titles.  We are just completing our list on the DVDs that are covered, which total 148 titles.  Watch out for this next week.  On the other Magna promos, we have to see how on how we execute these online. 

Many thanks for the questions techdude.

Official spokesperson for PinoyDVD.biz

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #272 on: Aug 01, 2007 at 10:30 PM »

I'll call on Warner regarding the Hallmark DVDs and post their answer here on this thread. 

Hallmark titles (mostly TV miniseries) are from Magnavision, and are mostly DVD5 titles at 350-375 each with most titles now part of their 3-for-600 titles.  So I think whether your company will sell them will depend on whether you decide to carry those types of DVDs.

I think some of those older Warner titles were out-of-print when your company started a year ago, hence it was not included in your Warner inventory.  Warner just re-imported them now, as evidenced by the Warner sticker on the back (those that indicate 07 07 or something like it).  :)

As for those Buy-one Take-one DVDs, I'll wait for your final list, as there are three-four that caught my fancy (from Brick-and-Mortar stores).  As always, PinoyDVD has the full list, whereas offline stores only carry selected titles.

As for Viva, you might want to ask Viva how they could accommodate your company concerning their ongoing 299 (buy 3 free 1) sale. 

Oh, any inside info on when Rome II (Warner) will be released locally? 

Thanks.
« Last Edit: Aug 01, 2007 at 11:01 PM by techdude »

Offline randyv

• Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #273 on: Aug 03, 2007 at 05:57 PM »
Thanks for the correction on the Hallmark DVDs techdude.  Considering that most of the titles are DVD5, we will set it aside for the time being since the priority with Magna now is in building up their DVD9 catalog.  On the P895 buy 1/take 1 promo, we expect the deliveries on Monday next week.  At the latest, we should have the promo ready by Friday.

Regarding Rome II, Warner told me that they don't have the schedule yet on the release date of the DVD. 

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #274 on: Aug 03, 2007 at 06:38 PM »
Thanks for the correction on the Hallmark DVDs techdude.  Considering that most of the titles are DVD5, we will set it aside for the time being since the priority with Magna now is in building up their DVD9 catalog.  On the P895 buy 1/take 1 promo, we expect the deliveries on Monday next week.  At the latest, we should have the promo ready by Friday.

Regarding Rome II, Warner told me that they don't have the schedule yet on the release date of the DVD. 

Would u care to list the titles included in the P895 buy1/take 1 promo?  ;D ;D ;D
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline randyv

• Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #275 on: Aug 04, 2007 at 12:44 AM »
No problem oreoshake.  We'll list the titles at .Biz once completed.  Based on Magna's list, 148 DVD titles are included in the P895 promo.  So far we only have 50 titles from the list and the rest for delivery on Monday.  I'm not sure though if they'll serve all the remaining 98 titles.  For now, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed.

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #276 on: Aug 09, 2007 at 11:34 AM »
No problem oreoshake.  We'll list the titles at .Biz once completed.  Based on Magna's list, 148 DVD titles are included in the P895 promo.  So far we only have 50 titles from the list and the rest for delivery on Monday.  I'm not sure though if they'll serve all the remaining 98 titles.  For now, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed.

Hi. Any update on the P895 promo?  :) :) :)
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline randyv

• Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #277 on: Aug 10, 2007 at 11:46 AM »
Good News! :)  The P895 buy 1/take 1 promo of Magna is now available.  For every purchase of selected P895 titles from Magna, you get to pick your free item from a list of 142 available titles.  Just visit .Biz now and click on the Magna banner. 

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #278 on: Aug 17, 2007 at 12:27 PM »
Any chance The Shawshank Redemption 2-disc version will be available at the online store?

Offline scofield

• Collector
  • Hi boss!
  • Liked:
« Reply #279 on: Aug 24, 2007 at 09:23 AM »
hi, since nag merge na ang epci at bdo pwede na rin ba mag deposit ng payment sa epci?

thanks
Proud user of AVR135

Offline randyv

• Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #280 on: Aug 24, 2007 at 12:50 PM »
Just checked with BDO and they advised us that selected EPCI banks are already accepting BDO account deposits.  You can check with the EPCI branch nearest you if they accept BDO deposits since we don't have the complete list yet. 

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #281 on: Sep 07, 2007 at 12:33 PM »
Price of Hot Fuzz is 895 whereas it's 695 at offline stores.  Probably just a typo.

Also Poseidon is stated as 199 in the main page ad but 275 when accessed.

And is it just my connection or is PinoyDVD.biz very slow to load today?  The main page will work, but clicking on the ads or categories, and nothing comes up?

And while I appreciate the full secure website, it, together with unnecessary ads, is bogging down the site.  Can't it be like Amazon, where the product site is http, and only during the checkout process is secured by SSL?
« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2007 at 12:42 PM by techdude »

Offline randyv

• Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #282 on: Sep 07, 2007 at 04:02 PM »
Price of Hot Fuzz is 895 whereas it's 695 at offline stores.  Probably just a typo. 
Hot Fuzz is indeed priced at P695.

Also Poseidon is stated as 199 in the main page ad but 275 when accessed.
The correct price is really P275; there was a slip-up in the banner preparation.

And is it just my connection or is PinoyDVD.biz very slow to load today?  The main page will work, but clicking on the ads or categories, and nothing comes up?
.Biz was really slow earlier.  The problem has since been corrected and its back to normal now.

And while I appreciate the full secure website, it, together with unnecessary ads, is bogging down the site.  Can't it be like Amazon, where the product site is http, and only during the checkout process is secured by SSL?
When we rolled out .Biz, we decided to secure the entire site rather than start at the checkout process since we felt that the encryption involved was not substantial to affect performance.  Considering the access speed of the site, we will look into your suggestion and compare performances.  In addition, we are also looking at other alternatives, options and methods to improve the current performance of the online store.

Thanks again for the inquiry and corrections techdude.
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2007 at 12:15 PM by firewired »

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #283 on: Sep 08, 2007 at 12:23 PM »
I suggested that the .biz ads and related marketing apps be transferred to the forum server. The migration was completed last night and the performance of the online store has improved somewhat although further optimization is required.
PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #284 on: Sep 13, 2007 at 12:18 PM »
Hi.  Given the hype around The Transformers DVD set (discussed in the Transformers R3 thread), these DVDs have the potential to become a runaway bestseller like The Superman Tin Collection.  Any discussions with Magnavision about them?

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #285 on: Sep 17, 2007 at 01:48 PM »
Is it just my internet (myDSL) connection or is PinoyDVD.biz exceedingly slow?   Click. Wait 2-3 minutes, click, another 2-3 minutes.  So long that I lost interest...

When I tried to check it a while later, I get mySQL database errors....

Also, isn't it's time to ask Viva to lower their prices, since most older titles can be bought offline for 299 (3+1 pa!)
« Last Edit: Sep 17, 2007 at 01:50 PM by techdude »

Offline randyv

• Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #286 on: Sep 17, 2007 at 11:02 PM »
I doubt it was your connection techdude.  Further to my last post, we were doing test and making changes to .Biz earlier to improve the performance of the site.  So far, so good; the last set of changes shows a marked improvement in the access speed.  You may still encounter some slowdowns in the future, however,  as we continue in our efforts to better the shopping experience at .Biz. For this, I apologize in advance.

Regarding Transformers, I agree with your assessment. I'm pretty sure Magna is very much aware of the market potential also.  Even then, I'll bring this up when I get the chance to talk to them.

As for Viva, we already brought to their attention the discrepancies in pricing last time. Hopefully we will be more successful next time around.

Offline rx330

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #287 on: Sep 18, 2007 at 09:49 AM »
sigh... pinoy dvd doesnt ship outside philipines?

any site tat sell pinoy movies and ship outside?

Offline randyv

• Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #288 on: Sep 18, 2007 at 11:04 AM »
Hi rx330.  Actually, we do process orders to destinations outside of the Philippines but we do this outside of .Biz since our checkout destinations are currently limited to the Philippines.  We are, however, working on the shipping table to allow for export destinations. We ship the DVDs through Fedex at a discount of 35% from the published rates. PM me if you're interested.   

Offline randyv

• Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #289 on: Sep 20, 2007 at 11:58 AM »
Hi.  Given the hype around The Transformers DVD set (discussed in the Transformers R3 thread), these DVDs have the potential to become a runaway bestseller like The Superman Tin Collection.  Any discussions with Magnavision about them?

Just got word from Magna that Transformers will indeed have a pre-booking promo. Tentative release date is 2nd week October.  As to the variants, we don't yet what they will release here. 

In addition, Bourne Ultimatum will likewise have a pre-booking promo.  I don't how true but target release date is also in October which is way ahead of R1.
« Last Edit: Sep 20, 2007 at 03:49 PM by firewired »

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #290 on: Sep 20, 2007 at 12:44 PM »
Great news.  Hopefully, PinoyDVD.biz will be able to obtain both the 'Transforming' and Steelbook versions as they are the versions that most forumers want...

Any idea how limited both versions will be, kasi,this could be like the '300 mask gift set' where demand outstrips supply..

I guess Bourne Ultimatum's prebooking will come after the Transformers reach the market with release towards the end of October, after all, December pa R1 nito...

Offline stryder

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #291 on: Sep 20, 2007 at 11:13 PM »
sir randy. is the oceans 11-13 pack available?

Offline randyv

• Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #292 on: Sep 21, 2007 at 04:37 PM »
Thanks for the correction Quitacet.   ;D  I was really referring to Bourne Ultimatum and not Bourne Identity.

Currently, we're just waiting for word from Magna on the variants of Transformers that they are coming out with.  Just like techdude, I'm hoping that these are the version that most forum shoppers are looking forward to. 

And yes stryder, oceans 11-13 pack is now available.  Too late the hero for me as banners have already been posted earlier. 

Offline clea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hi-dilly-ho-dilly, neighboreenos.
  • Liked:
« Reply #293 on: Sep 21, 2007 at 07:16 PM »
Randy, hope you guys get to have all types of transformers DVDs that will be released locally.

These will surely get sold out faster than the 300 Special ed earlier ;D
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Toy Launch
Megamall A May30

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #294 on: Sep 21, 2007 at 07:44 PM »
Just got word from Magna that Transformers will indeed have a pre-booking promo. Tentative release date is 2nd week October.

Good news...looking forward to it. Just got my Spiderman 3 + T-shirt  :D

Nowdays I find it very convenient to shop in PinoyDVD.biz at my own comfort. Place my orders with a few clicks then my office general staff will assist in the payment deposit...no sweat.  ;D

Offline stryder

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #295 on: Sep 21, 2007 at 11:23 PM »
And yes stryder, oceans 11-13 pack is now available.  Too late the hero for me as banners have already been posted earlier. 
sir randy, i just checked pdvd.biz and i couldnt find the 11-13pack....what is posted there is the oceans 13(single), and oceans 11-12(pack/box)....what i wanted to order kasi is the the boxset containing all 3 movies... tried again the banner here at pdvd and its for the oceans 13 movie only
« Last Edit: Sep 21, 2007 at 11:25 PM by stryder »

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #296 on: Sep 22, 2007 at 09:14 AM »
Good news...looking forward to it. Just got my Spiderman 3 + T-shirt  :D

Nowdays I find it very convenient to shop in PinoyDVD.biz at my own comfort. Place my orders with a few clicks then my office general staff will assist in the payment deposit...no sweat.  ;D

I have pre-ordered from .biz pero wala pa rin email when I will pay for it.   :( :( :(

Offline randyv

• Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #297 on: Sep 22, 2007 at 09:50 AM »
Hi oreoshake.  What's available right now is the Spiderman 3 2-disc version.  We are still waiting for the delivery of the other variants; tentative release date is Sep 24.  Just in case you reserved for the 2-disc version and have yet received the notification, just go ahead with your checkout at .Biz since you're copy is reserved and you are already entitled to the free item.

Offline randyv

• Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #298 on: Sep 22, 2007 at 10:06 AM »
sir randy, i just checked pdvd.biz and i couldnt find the 11-13pack....what is posted there is the oceans 13(single), and oceans 11-12(pack/box)....what i wanted to order kasi is the the boxset containing all 3 movies... tried again the banner here at pdvd and its for the oceans 13 movie only

Hi stryder, I stand corrected.  Since I was relying on our banners, I assumed that the 11-13 pack is already available.  Our operations just confirmed that what we have at Biz. is only the  Ocean's 13 single.  The pack should come out anytime soon. 

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #299 on: Sep 22, 2007 at 10:49 AM »
Hi oreoshake.  What's available right now is the Spiderman 3 2-disc version.  We are still waiting for the delivery of the other variants; tentative release date is Sep 24.  Just in case you reserved for the 2-disc version and have yet received the notification, just go ahead with your checkout at .Biz since you're copy is reserved and you are already entitled to the free item.

I guess I pre-ordered the Package with Spider-man 1, 2 and 3..  :D :D :D