Author Topic: Now Open: PinoyDVD Online Store  (Read 89037 times)

Offline Dowals

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Now Open: PinoyDVD Online Store
« Reply #60 on: Jul 20, 2006 at 12:47 PM »
It probably meant that international buyers can get the locally released R3 versions thru this site.
correct me if im wrong.  :-\
lowest paid in the banking industry

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #61 on: Jul 20, 2006 at 04:20 PM »
I think I'll buy my local R3s here instead of the malls... as mentioned, with the prices of gasoline and with parking fees averaging P40, purchasing here would be cheaper... plus, minsan nakakahilo maghanap ng titles sa shelves ng Astro and other video stores eh...  ;)

Offline RNIverson

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #62 on: Jul 20, 2006 at 04:52 PM »
just signed up  ;)  not shipping to other countries yet except phils?  ::)

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #63 on: Jul 21, 2006 at 08:10 AM »
Randy hasn't had time to visit so I'll answer the last couple of questions for him:

Non-R3 titles. No plans at the moment since this will mean establishing distributor relationships in Region 1 (for example) plus warehousing and logistics facilities in either Canada or the US. The studios will not ship R1 in wholesale to Asia since this violates their territorial agreements.

Will we ever see Korean language and Chinese language R3 releases? Possibly.

Shipping abroad."International arrangements" refers to PinoyDVD.biz's export relationship with FedEx plus enabling the site itself to access foreign shipping databases. So yes, Pinoys (and non-Pinoys) should be able to place orders towards the end of the year. They can actually do this now but ship only to local addresses which is convenient for gift-giving.
PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: Jul 21, 2006 at 09:41 AM »
purchased a couple of titles last wednesday, arrived the following day. fast & hassle free  ;D

Offline randyv

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Jul 27, 2006 at 12:23 PM »
Hello. I noticed that pinoydvd members regularly refer to the online store for the release date of upcoming titles.  While we appreciate the visits,  I must stress that the all dates are considered  tentative and based on estimated release dates of the distributors.  As in the case of "V for Vendetta", Warner has pushed back the date several times due to circumstances beyond their control.  I explained this to Firewired as well. Hopefully, the updated release date of Aug 2 can be considered final.

For those who intend to order "V for Vendetta" from us, i suggest you register now to avoid any delays.  The policy of the store is to process orders of upcoming titles one day prior to the release date.  This will ensure that customers from key cities like Manila, Cebu, Davao and others will receive their orders on the official day of the release.
Official spokesperson for PinoyDVD.biz

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sevilla and Sons Sausages
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Jul 28, 2006 at 09:57 PM »
purchased a couple of titles last wednesday, arrived the following day. fast & hassle free ;D

Same for me.

Offline rafgar

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Jul 31, 2006 at 02:52 PM »
Hello. I noticed that pinoydvd members regularly refer to the online store for the release date of upcoming titles.  While we appreciate the visits,  I must stress that the all dates are considered  tentative and based on estimated release dates of the distributors.  As in the case of "V for Vendetta", Warner has pushed back the date several times due to circumstances beyond their control.  I explained this to Firewired as well. Hopefully, the updated release date of Aug 2 can be considered final.

For those who intend to order "V for Vendetta" from us, i suggest you register now to avoid any delays.  The policy of the store is to process orders of upcoming titles one day prior to the release date.  This will ensure that customers from key cities like Manila, Cebu, Davao and others will receive their orders on the official day of the release.

Sir Randy, how do we go about ordering 'V for Vendetta' in advance?  Is it already possible to order at this time or should we wait for August 1?  Thanks!

Offline randyv

• Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Jul 31, 2006 at 04:56 PM »
Thanks for your patience everyone. "V for Vendetta" (Deluxe Edition) will be available for order sometime tomorrow. We are still waiting for Warner to deliver stock but they have committed to Tuesday Aug 1. We are not accepting preorders unfortunately. Stocks are limited for this release but we are doing our best to procure as many copies as possible.

Offline rafgar

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Aug 01, 2006 at 06:53 AM »
Was already able to order V for Vendetta for P599.00 + P66.49 (S&H) on pinoydvd.biz just a few minutes ago.  Fast confirmation and hopefully, will receive the DVD by tomorrow.  :)

Suggestion lang po, Sir Randy.  Would it be possible in the future to accept advance orders even weeks before the scheduled release?  This way, you will be able to anticipate or plan your order of a certain title from the distributor.  Thanks and looking forward to ordering online again.  Hope that negotiations will other distributors will push through.   :)

« Last Edit: Aug 01, 2006 at 05:44 PM by rafgar »

Offline randyv

• Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Aug 01, 2006 at 02:07 PM »
Apologies to all but we will be in Maintenance Mode for about 30 minutes. We are resolving a bandwidth issue due to traffic. Our data center is making the necessary adjustments.

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Aug 01, 2006 at 02:19 PM »
Ok just checked and the site is up again.

Offline siriusblack

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Aug 01, 2006 at 03:00 PM »
 ;D just ordered V for vendetta five minutes ago. 
Pretty straight forward process.. like amazon. 

Hope to get mine tomorrow too.  ;D ;D ;D
Lord, help me prove that winning the lottery won't spoil me !!

Offline Quitacet

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #73 on: Aug 01, 2006 at 05:04 PM »
Sir randy,

Any chance of R3 Korean movies being available at pinoydvd.biz in the future?

Lalo na ang JJH movies? ;D

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Aug 02, 2006 at 12:25 PM »
great start guys....just got my order...wala pa 24 hours....free shipping pa.. ;D ;D

Offline rafgar

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Aug 02, 2006 at 02:50 PM »
Just got word from my house that my order of V for Vendetta already arrived at about 11:00AM, considering that I just ordered a little more than 24 hours ago.  I'm very impressed with the service.   ;D ;D  Hope this continues...   :)

Also got the following email from [email protected]:

Dear xxxxxxxxxxx,

We erroneously posted the price of V for Vendetta.  The price of the DE version should have been P650 instead of P599 (Price of the 2-disc SE version).  We have already corrected the pricing error in our site.

Now the good news! We will honor the original price that you paid for V for Vendetta.  We have already processed your order and are just awaiting the pickup by the courier.

Enjoy watching your DVD. Hope to see you again.

Thank you,

PinoyDVD Support

Thanks pinoydvd for the buena-mano!  Akala ko, promo price 'yung P599 kasi biglang nagbago to P650.   ;D

« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2006 at 03:28 PM by rafgar »

Offline greg

• Collector
  • YEHEY!
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Aug 17, 2006 at 08:59 AM »
i was supposed to order 5 titles, however i chose not to proceed with my transaction since they required me to fax or scan my credit card and a valid ID. I believe they can find other more seemless methods to verify or validate the user/cardholder.

the best local e-commerce experience that i've had was with www.islandrose.net, which i think uses a multiple point system to try and identify fraud.
i assumed that the process was the same here since they also use yespayments to facilitate the credit card transaction.

it (pinoydvd.biz) is pretty good though, but not enough for a freak like me! :) (or baka nataon lang na tamad ako mag fax/scan ngayun) :)

7 out of 10 ;)
SPINWEB
"Moving businesses online."
http://www.spinweb.ph/

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
Pinoydvd.biz
« Reply #77 on: Aug 17, 2006 at 01:58 PM »
i was supposed to order 5 titles, however i chose not to proceed with my transaction since they required me to fax or scan my credit card and a valid ID. I believe they can find other more seemless methods to verify or validate the user/cardholder.

the best local e-commerce experience that i've had was with www.islandrose.net, which i think uses a multiple point system to try and identify fraud.
i assumed that the process was the same here since they also use yespayments to facilitate the credit card transaction.

it (pinoydvd.biz) is pretty good though, but not enough for a freak like me! :) (or baka nataon lang na tamad ako mag fax/scan ngayun) :)

7 out of 10 ;)

I understand your apprehension.  I too was hesitant at first.  For you peace of mind, they only want to verify if your card really existed and that you sir do exist as well.   ;D  Ako nga I just took pics of my card as well as my Driver's License via cell phone and attached it to the e-mail I sent.  Medyo malabo pa nga siya eh.  The Credit Card no. was not that really readable.  But ang maliwanag is the pic of the card and my name clearly stated on the card as well as the license.  And that is all it took.

I have ordered from the site already and frankly you are really missing out on the kind of service they provide.  Very fast and convenient.  You don't need naman to scan the back part of your card which is actually the most important deal.  During payment naman, the site asks you to input the 4digit info at the back of you card where your signature is located.  Now this in not known to the site admin.  So I believe it is very effective.  Even if your card number is readable, no one can still use it as they would certianly need the 4-digit info at the back of the card in order for them to proceed.

You don't need to scan it.  Kahit pic lang fomr your fone will do.  Sayang!!!  You don't need to go to the mall to buy your Warner title.  It's in your house on the official date of release.  Kasi they take orders a day before.  And it arrived in my house around 10am.

Offline greg

• Collector
  • YEHEY!
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Aug 17, 2006 at 07:34 PM »
i know their reason for getting  fax/scan copy of the credit card and id is valid, but what i'm suggesting is a seemless and better method for e-commerce, which i think is also done by yespayments with other sites (e.g. islandrose). i don't see the point why the same couldn't be done with pinoydvd.biz.

i know their service is good but again it can be better or even great if they just implement  the nitty gritty comments of consumers/clients. But for a month old system, it's pretty good!

and besides i know for sure that their online security is good enough (probably 3-des encryption). but would you email a scanned copy of your credit card? that's not at all safe for me! yes you may erase the numbers (for those who know photoshop) but that again is another step to hassle clients, wherein fact the very reason they want to shop online is to avoid inconveniences.

just my 2 cents worth.

still i give my cheers and praises to pinoydvd.biz, for reponding to my concern via email this morning. the online shop is really good! service according to most here is excellent. and  as experienced, customer support is superb! they're just a few steps away! but for sure they'll get there.    :)
SPINWEB

Offline jm33_babe

• Collector
  • Hi
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: Aug 17, 2006 at 09:56 PM »
I understand your apprehension. I too was hesitant at first. For you peace of mind, they only want to verify if your card really existed and that you sir do exist as well. ;D Ako nga I just took pics of my card as well as my Driver's License via cell phone and attached it to the e-mail I sent. Medyo malabo pa nga siya eh. The Credit Card no. was not that really readable. But ang maliwanag is the pic of the card and my name clearly stated on the card as well as the license. And that is all it took.

I have ordered from the site already and frankly you are really missing out on the kind of service they provide. Very fast and convenient. You don't need naman to scan the back part of your card which is actually the most important deal. During payment naman, the site asks you to input the 4digit info at the back of you card where your signature is located. Now this in not known to the site admin. So I believe it is very effective. Even if your card number is readable, no one can still use it as they would certianly need the 4-digit info at the back of the card in order for them to proceed.

You don't need to scan it. Kahit pic lang fomr your fone will do. Sayang!!! You don't need to go to the mall to buy your Warner title. It's in your house on the official date of release. Kasi they take orders a day before. And it arrived in my house around 10am.

did the same thing. took a picture of my CC and my SSS card using my camera phone. and hazy din yung pic. as a precaution i blocked out my CC # except the last 3 digits. basta readable lang yung full name and the expiry date.

purchased a couple of titles yesterday morning, the dvds arrived at exactly 12:30pm today. super fast talaga ang transaction. free shipping pa.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Aug 17, 2006 at 10:47 PM »
I see your point Sir Greg.  And you have that right not to use the site.

As for me, make the most of what we have and feel blessed that we even have a site such as pinoydvd.biz.  Simply just be thankful.

:D
« Last Edit: Aug 17, 2006 at 10:48 PM by DVD_Freak »

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: Aug 17, 2006 at 10:48 PM »
There'll be a major announcement next week regarding an additional payment method.

Credit card verification process won't change unfortunately. It's not a technical limitation of the system but a process issue given the type of product that's being sold. Fraud isn't really a problem with flower shops but it's a big headache for DVD and consumer electronics vendors worldwide hence the decision to take a more conservative approach.
« Last Edit: Aug 17, 2006 at 11:00 PM by firewired »

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: Aug 17, 2006 at 10:51 PM »
I smell payment via bank deposit sir firewired.

;D

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: Aug 17, 2006 at 11:03 PM »
A bit more automated than that. ;D

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: Aug 17, 2006 at 11:14 PM »
A bit more automated than that. ;D

G-Cash?
« Last Edit: Aug 17, 2006 at 11:15 PM by techdude »
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: Aug 17, 2006 at 11:21 PM »
Sige na nga: Megalink ATM accounts.
« Last Edit: Aug 17, 2006 at 11:24 PM by firewired »

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: Aug 17, 2006 at 11:53 PM »
Wait na lang ako (kami) next week for mechanics... though I do not have a Megalink account (BPI ako).
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: Aug 18, 2006 at 09:57 AM »

There's an interconnection now with Bancnet-Megalink-Expressnet. 

Hopefully all providers will be accepted  ;D

Offline greg

• Collector
  • YEHEY!
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: Aug 22, 2006 at 03:35 PM »

My best guess is the PORT. OK yan! ;) pero malamang purely Megalink. Interconnection between networks have higher fees to begin with.
« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2006 at 03:37 PM by greg »
SPINWEB

Offline chinoh151

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: Aug 29, 2006 at 09:25 PM »
Just a little bit of a off topic question:

I see Cat on a Hot Tin Roof - Deluxe Edition and A Streetcar Named Desire - Special Edition being sold in the communities respective online store, pinoydvd.biz, but will these titles ever go out in the local stores?  :)