Author Topic: audio set-up  (Read 2016 times)

Offline jeppoy

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
audio set-up
« on: Apr 24, 2006 at 03:32 PM »
Mga sir!

I have an existing home theatre setup,  an okyo ht 501 6.1 set-up. I am planning to build an all audio system.  Zero knowledge talaga ako with regards sa tube and out of curiousity lang kaya I wanna try it. Any suggesition with tube amp and speaker to pair with? Also may tube amp ba na directly connect na lang sa source and speaker na hindi na need bumili pa ng pre-amp? Ano ba maganda combination? Also, gusto ko unti unti lang and pag setup baka kasi kapusin sa budget.

I am also considering an HK 235 - evo1 for a pure audio setup and eventually pag nagsawa pwede nito replace yun existing ht ko.

Malaki ba difference i terms of price and audio quality ng isang tube setup as against sa hk235-evo 1 setup?
Tnx!

Offline AudioAmplified

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
Re: audio set-up
« Reply #1 on: Apr 24, 2006 at 11:51 PM »
Sir... just my 2 cents worth as an audiophile.

1)  All decisions will depend on your preferences (what type of music you listen to most) and you room.  This should dictate your decision.  For example, if you like female vocals mostly and have a small size room then a low power tube amp with bookshelf speakers will suffice.  However, you you like full orchestra and have a big room then you might want floorstanders and a SS amp or hybrid.
2) Start with the speaker as it will dictate the sound of your system.  Remember that speakers are usually the most important and longest lasting component of your set-up. 
3) Try to make sure each component is maximized.  Your system will only be as good as your weakest link.  Thus there is no sense having kick ass speakers and a poor amp or source.  A well balanced system should do better.

We can recommend you a good set-up if you wish... but audition audition and let your ears decide.  Happy shopping :)

Offline Abad Santos 7

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #2 on: Apr 25, 2006 at 07:20 AM »
2) Start with the speaker as it will dictate the sound of your system.  Remember that speakers are usually the most important and longest lasting component of your set-up. 

We can recommend you a good set-up if you wish... but audition audition and let your ears decide.  Happy shopping :)

Just to emphasize No. 2 - For me agree with Mr. AudioAmplified, Start with the speakers and note"BILIN MO UNG PINAKA MAHAL NA SPEAKER NA KAYA NG BUDGET MO".  Then audition audition with the +/- 1 price level.  Then select with the best sound quality that your ears can be comfortable and satisfy with.  Then try to compare with lo price level.  If you feel the same sound characteristics then decide.  Which is which. Wag kang padadala sa appearance/looks ng speaker.

Then another piece of advise, don't be a fast buyer.  Take your patience and audition kung kailangan paulit ulit gawin mo na rin.  Collect all the advices and inputs with your friends and with PDVD fellow members and other forums members.

It is very difficult to buy a gadget just to appear on the buy and sell section of this forum after a month or so.

Happy Shopping 8) :) :D

Offline arnoldc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Apr 25, 2006 at 11:51 AM »
I disgree.

Start with your room. Your most expensive speakers will be nothing but an object in an unforgiving room.

Offline jeppoy

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Apr 25, 2006 at 12:18 PM »
Sir pa send naman ng specs ng tono. yung tone personal ba , pwede ko na connect directly sa source and speaker? or need ko pa ng violin? kindly specify naman differences ng mga tono products for info na rin sa mga beginners. Thanks!

Offline arnoldc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Apr 25, 2006 at 01:46 PM »
jeppoy, nasa wiredstate.com yung mga info. yung Tono Personal 807 is just 8 watts. Pero match sa Dali na floorstander. Pero I don't know how it will sound in your room.

Offline iceman90a

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • picture this!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Apr 25, 2006 at 02:58 PM »
I am planning to build an all audio system.  Zero knowledge talaga ako with regards sa tube and out of curiousity lang kaya I wanna try it. Any suggesition with tube amp and speaker to pair with? Also may tube amp ba na directly connect na lang sa source and speaker na hindi na need bumili pa ng pre-amp? Ano ba maganda combination?

unfortunately you can read all the posts here and in other forums, but you will not find the answer until you go out and listen to the available products out there :)

first decide what sound you are looking for
second decide the budget
third - enjoy the hunt ;D
money is best spent

Offline odyopayl

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Smell The Flower While You Can............
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Apr 25, 2006 at 03:52 PM »
Hi Jeppoy,

You may consider the following prior to your plan:

- First need to consider on what type of music you want? Rock (loud), Jazz, etch
- Are you disposing your 6.1 set-up? Hope not there are DVD-A & SACD-multi ch to consider which are also good to
   listen lets say para may choices ka
- Two Channel (Stereo) listening is also different experience either Solid State or Tubes in this case system
  matching is very vital
- If you want to experience tube, make sure it matches your speakers be aware of Speaker sensitivity & Tube amp
   wattage
- There is a tube amplifier that doesnt requires pre-amp these are INTEGRATED Amp. Volume control & Input
   selector is included
- Be prepare with your dedicated CD player or Recorde Player whatever your choice. No ,matter how good is your amplifier and speakers but you have mismatch source still you cant find those Audio Nirvana. (Garbage in garbage out).
- Speaker cables, Interconnects is also a considerations on 2 channel set-up
- Your listening Room affects the overall sound of your system.
- Last but not the least.....Your Budget dictates what you can get
Above else...AUDITION....AUDITION!....AUDITION!
(This is just my personal opinion)

ENJOY!!!!!!

odyopayl
octaver (wiredstate)

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Apr 27, 2006 at 08:58 AM »
TAMA hehehe forgot the room factor but YES the room is the part of the system and should be taken into consideration before any move

Offline Dracula

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • There is a choice...death or immortality....
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Apr 27, 2006 at 10:03 AM »
Sometimes when you are looking for an audio set-up the set-up actually changes your musical preference....I used to listen to pop and rock music but ever since I decided to buy a tube set-up I'm listening to a lot of jazz, female vocals and instrumentals and sometimes even band music I love the sound of brass instruments through a tube set-up.

But I find myself missing rock music and pop so I purchased an ss amp for the times I want to listen to pop rock or other music similar to these genre.....it's an expensive option I know but a good deal on an ss amp popped up so I just grabbed the chance ;D