Author Topic: NBA PLAYOFFS '06  (Read 35863 times)

Offline geckoph

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NBA PLAYOFFS '06
« Reply #240 on: May 31, 2006 at 06:03 PM »
Nice one, kimpOy!  ;D

I'll take Flip Saunders against Larry Brown any day, twice on Sundays!!  ;)  Detroit might eventually lose to Miami this year, but this should not be taken against Flip.  Yeah, the same group of players reached the Finals last year with Brown... but this is a different Miami team they're going up against with.  If Wade and Shaq were not injured last year, Detroit may not have reached the Finals last year.  Now what has Brown done with the line-up he has in New York? 

That is why I said..."So, with all those glittering achievements...I, now, know why Dumars decided to hire Flip as the new coach of Detroit replacing a HOFer like Coach Larry Brown..."

New York? It's more Isiah than LB...

Offline X-®an™

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #241 on: May 31, 2006 at 06:37 PM »
That is why I said..."So, with all those glittering achievements...I, now, know why Dumars decided to hire Flip as the new coach of Detroit replacing a HOFer like Coach Larry Brown..."

New York? It's more Isiah than LB...

Actually, I got lost on your conflicting post.  First, you mentioned the failures of Flip.. and then you added that paragraph above.   ??? ;D Anyways...

First, Detroit didn't want to replace Brown.  But after LB's lack of class in dealing with Cleveland while Detroit is still in the hunt, Detroit has no choice but to replace him.  Good thing they found a worthy replacement in Saunders.

Second, the Knicks may have been Isiah's doing but LB knew the ingredients (players) he was getting when he decided to coach New York.  And I'm pretty sure that LB was part of the decision process when they added all those new players during the season.

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #242 on: May 31, 2006 at 06:45 PM »
Actually, I got lost on your conflicting post.  First, you mentioned the failures of Flip.. and then you added that paragraph above.   ??? ;D Anyways...

First, Detroit didn't want to replace Brown.  But after LB's lack of class in dealing with Cleveland while Detroit is still in the hunt, Detroit has no choice but to replace him.  Good thing they found a worthy replacement in Saunders.

Second, the Knicks may have been Isiah's doing but LB knew the ingredients (players) he was getting when he decided to coach New York.  And I'm pretty sure that LB was part of the decision process when they added all those new players during the season.

I was just being sarcastic about Flip...maybe, ala Jay Leno... ;) ;) ;)

Offline Quitacet

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #243 on: Jun 01, 2006 at 10:53 AM »
PIstons: 91

Heat: 78  :(

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #244 on: Jun 01, 2006 at 11:31 AM »
buhay pa....para exciting!!   ;D ;D

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #245 on: Jun 01, 2006 at 11:53 AM »

what a block from big ben...
Big Ben was so pumped up, he is the heart and soul....his tenacity is the key to pistons offense...Dwade so dog tired in the 3 canto...

Offline RNIverson

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #246 on: Jun 01, 2006 at 01:20 PM »
if this goes to game 7, heat is in big trouble like last year  :-\

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #247 on: Jun 01, 2006 at 09:30 PM »
Go LAkers!!! Dang!!! They choked!  :'(

Anyway, I hope both EC and WC Finals go the full route.

The Heat better close it in Game 6 or they lose whatever momentum (duh!) going their way.

Offline X-®an™

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #248 on: Jun 02, 2006 at 12:36 PM »
1 more won for Dallas!!!  ;D

Go Heat!!!  ;D

Offline edboy7

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • My name is Juan Antonio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #249 on: Jun 02, 2006 at 02:15 PM »
When it rains it pours for Norwitzi! :D

Hope the Heat can close it out tom ;D

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #250 on: Jun 02, 2006 at 02:21 PM »

what a block from big ben...
Big Ben was so pumped up, he is the heart and soul....his tenacity is the key to pistons offense...Dwade so dog tired in the 3 canto...

see how big those hands are?  dang cable was down whole morning, but im glad Dallas won....again, i hope they win game 6  ;D

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #251 on: Jun 03, 2006 at 10:39 AM »
Miami is in the Finals!! If they win it all, it will be validation for certain players.  Shaq winning one without Kobe.  Gary Payton and Zo winning for the first time, which will validate their careers, thereby avoiding Ewing, Malone, Stockton and Baylor as great players not to have won a ring.   

Riley moving down to coach the Heat certainly looks like a very wise decision now... ;D ;D

Heat has followed the script, will Dallas do its part?  If not, and the Suns advance, I just wonder, who the hell will guard Shaq?  Diaw?  On the other end, will the Heat have the speed to keep up with the Suns....just speculating folks.. ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Jun 03, 2006 at 10:45 AM by Munskie »

Offline slowhand

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #252 on: Jun 03, 2006 at 10:41 AM »
Riles is back in the NBA Finals! What a blast from the past.

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
« Reply #253 on: Jun 03, 2006 at 11:00 AM »
Miami is in the Finals!! 

Shaq Rules!!! stepping up bigtime for Dwade...(flu)
miami played the game of the lives...everybody contributing even james posey is clapping in the sidelines he..he
seriously they gave the Pistons a dose of their medicine...defense, piston were only to under 80 pts in the series

gotta clean  my Shaq Action Figure he..he 

hmmm they (pistons) shoud have not traded darko he..he..he
« Last Edit: Jun 03, 2006 at 12:01 PM by kimpOy »

Offline edboy7

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #254 on: Jun 03, 2006 at 02:31 PM »
yahoo Miami wins :D Dallas Diop?or Suns' Tim Thomas?  i think no one can still guard 34 year old Shaqdown low that little trimming really  helped him a lot ;) Pistons had one of those bad shooting days only Rip popped up for them
« Last Edit: Jun 03, 2006 at 02:54 PM by edboy7 »

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
« Reply #255 on: Jun 03, 2006 at 03:06 PM »
after shaq had pass   Defensive Player of the Year Ben Wallace, this no way in hell thomas and diop can stop ShaqDiesel now...what really clicked in todays game was JDub that 10-12 shooting spree...

Offline wild_swan73

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Collector
  • I'm not a Saint, it's only ME...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #256 on: Jun 03, 2006 at 04:31 PM »
Two Thumbs Up!!!  :) Pat Riley
;)
Yamaha RX-V1500, YP-B4, YST-SW515, NS-50F, NS-P70, Pioneer BD140, Pioneer DV-600, Egreat R6S Pro

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #257 on: Jun 03, 2006 at 04:48 PM »
It's nice to see Riles back in the NBA Finals. Shaq is consistent so far in helping each team he's played for reach the NBA Finals. While I just love seeing the Sun's scrambling offense and shoot 'em up style, it would be nice to have Dallas reach the NBA Finals.

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #258 on: Jun 04, 2006 at 12:15 AM »
MY FINALS PICK

I will go for the Western Conference Champs...the Miami supporters could do better than that -- on the POSSIBLE domination by Shaq inside the paint. From what I know this is a 5 players' game. There's no "I" in the word "Team".

I have to go generic on my pick...since, the Western Conference Finals is still a "work in progress"...
  • Naturally, if you're talking about manpower -- (as much as I want to see the Suns enter the NBA Finals) Dallas has Terry and Harris as guards, Howard and Nowitzki as forwards and Diop as the center. Unlike the Suns...Diaw (6'8") is the one starting as center.
  • As for the Suns (if they are lucky enough to enter the NBA Finals) they have more to gain...RESPECT. If Miami loses to the Suns...medyo nakakahiya, but, if Suns loses to the Miami...oks lang. Just like what you guys have said...who could guard Shaq from the Suns, since, Amare and Kurt Thomas are both injured.

2006 NBA CHAMPIONS -- The Western Conference Champs...

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #259 on: Jun 04, 2006 at 02:22 AM »
MY FINALS PICK

From what I know this is a 5 players' game. There's no "I" in the word "Team".

There is an "I" in WIN. I guess a team-first squad like Detroit found out how good a dominant Shaq can still equate to an Eastern Conference championship. Miami, no matter who wins in the WCF, will be a match-up problem for the WC Champs. Both teams are donut teams, but the only thing going for them is that they've stepped-up when it mattered most. But so did Miami. And what better way to show you're ripe for an NBA title than beating the team who were supposed to be this year champs (the Pistons). But if the Heat thinks it's gonna be a cakewalk, they are in for a rude awakening. Dallas' "D" is top notch now, and Dirk and company has improved a lot. With the Suns, it's a pick your poison thing. You guard one and leave someone open...Bam!...instant 3-pointer. I think Miami's defense is suspect, and they will have a hard time defending the athletic players of either Dallas or Phoenix.

But...I hate to say it...I see a 4th championship ring being made for Shaq...

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #260 on: Jun 04, 2006 at 07:48 AM »
There is an "I" in WIN. I guess a team-first squad like Detroit found out how good a dominant Shaq can still equate to an Eastern Conference championship. Miami, no matter who wins in the WCF, will be a match-up problem for the WC Champs. Both teams are donut teams, but the only thing going for them is that they've stepped-up when it mattered most. But so did Miami. And what better way to show you're ripe for an NBA title than beating the team who were supposed to be this year champs (the Pistons). But if the Heat thinks it's gonna be a cakewalk, they are in for a rude awakening. Dallas' "D" is top notch now, and Dirk and company has improved a lot. With the Suns, it's a pick your poison thing. You guard one and leave someone open...Bam!...instant 3-pointer. I think Miami's defense is suspect, and they will have a hard time defending the athletic players of either Dallas or Phoenix.

But...I hate to say it...I see a 4th championship ring being made for Shaq...

Hey you had me fooled there for a moment...Detroit, who allowed the Bucks to steal 1 win...who allowed King Lebron and the Cavs to push them into a 7th game, were supposed to be this year's champs?

I don't know if Detroit were supposed to be this year's champs...eventhough Detroit had the best W-L record in the NBA...I think it was the Spurs who were supposed to be this year's champs...anyways, give me something more than just Shaq...convince me that Miami is more than just Shaq.

You also said "Miami's DEFENSE IS SUSPECT, and they will have a hard time defending the athletic players of either Dallas or Phoenix"...yes, both Dallas or Phoenix will have a headache with Shaq...but, didn't you just said Miami will have a hard time defending the athletic playerS?
« Last Edit: Jun 04, 2006 at 08:12 AM by phildo »

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #261 on: Jun 04, 2006 at 08:00 AM »
let pareng pat riley figure it out and adjust to whoever the heat plays for the ring. zoe and glove are tough defenders though theyre past their prime. dallas/phoenix players may be younger but at this point, the wear n tear of tough series en route to the finals might take its toll while miami has that much needed rest for dwade  & co.
« Last Edit: Jun 04, 2006 at 08:03 AM by oweidah »

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
« Reply #262 on: Jun 04, 2006 at 08:56 AM »
miami is surely more than just shaq, pat riley create a team to win now...not after 3 years but now, he got veterans who are battle ready, who can switch it on, btw shaq did switched it on picking up  some slack on flu-ridden wade yesterday...

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #263 on: Jun 04, 2006 at 10:08 AM »
Hey you had me fooled there for a moment...Detroit, who allowed the Bucks to steal 1 win...who allowed King Lebron and the Cavs to push them into a 7th game, were supposed to be this year's champs?

I don't know if Detroit were supposed to be this year's champs...eventhough Detroit had the best W-L record in the NBA...I think it was the Spurs who were supposed to be this year's champs...anyways, give me something more than just Shaq...convince me that Miami is more than just Shaq.
Yup. If you've been following the NBA this season, Detroit were the favorites, as the season progressed, to win the championship. Their loss just goes to show how everything brecomes different come the playoffs. You mentioned the Spurs were supposed to win it all, but didn't they lose in 7 against Dallas? Hell, the LAkers lost a 3 - 1 lead. So did Dallas, if I remember it right. Welcome to the playoffs.

You want more than Shaq? It's pretty obvious what Miami has going for them. Finals experience from their coach and center and a posse of troubled star players that's proven critics wrong and are very hungry for a title.

You also said "Miami's DEFENSE IS SUSPECT, and they will have a hard time defending the athletic players of either Dallas or Phoenix"...yes, both Dallas or Phoenix will have a headache with Shaq...but, didn't you just said Miami will have a hard time defending the athletic playerS?

Again, you have to look at it in the big picture. The Heat may have a hard time against those players, but they still match-up with them athleticism-wise; the same cannot be said of their big men matching against Shaq. If the Heat becomes complacent with their defense, then the title slips from their hand. The only trouble I see for Miami is if and when they face a runnig Phoenix squad. Shaq may be big and athletic, but I don't see him running up and down easily. Then again, that's where Riles will probably slow the tempo down and cut off the Suns' legs.

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
« Reply #264 on: Jun 04, 2006 at 10:52 AM »
know what, Dallas had been running the suns, heck even the lakers and clippers  ran with them but what got the suns in the WCF is there long bombs, tim thomas, james jones, steve nash, raja bell,  shawn marion leandro barbosa almost everybody in there rotation have a good %, this is where MikeD is briliant if you stretch the defense the suns will kill you with their high picks where their athletic players will roll to the basketball...
(funny as i was watching they just did that) he..he

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 342
« Reply #265 on: Jun 04, 2006 at 11:05 AM »
I will be rooting for MIAMI in the finals, regardless of who they face.  Shaq is on a mission and will pose major match-up problems for either the Dallas slotmen or Phoenix's makeshift frontcourt.  And he has Zo as his back-up!  In terms of firepower, DWade, Walker and JWill should take care of that.  ;D   

Interesting note though: Miami never won against Dallas or Phoenix during the regular season.  Miami's losses included a 111-93 blowout at Phoenix (7 Suns scoring in double digits, 19 assists for Nash, but Wade didn't play in that game), an early 112-76 massacre at Dallas, and a pair of home losses that weren't close in the end.

But like Battousai suggested, come NBA FINALS time, it will be an entirely different ballgame.  Should be another banner series!  ;D

« Last Edit: Jun 04, 2006 at 11:25 AM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
« Reply #266 on: Jun 04, 2006 at 11:19 AM »
the finals is set...
« Last Edit: Jun 04, 2006 at 11:30 AM by kimpOy »

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #267 on: Jun 04, 2006 at 12:31 PM »
Early predictions anyone?

Fearless forecast: Heat in 5!!  ;D

Offline edboy7

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #268 on: Jun 04, 2006 at 02:27 PM »
regular season is history! you can throw out all the stats and start all over ;D
Miami in 6 if not 5 ;) Best time(could be the last)  for Alonzo and Payton to get it done.
« Last Edit: Jun 04, 2006 at 02:35 PM by edboy7 »

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #269 on: Jun 04, 2006 at 03:38 PM »
What went wrong withthe Suns?  Not to take away the great play on both ends by the Mavs, but i think, the Suns burned out.  They went game 7s on both the LA teams.  All the running and shooting simply got them tired, despite having players that are finely-tuned athletes.  They went 6 minutes without scoring a point in the third quarter.  Thats what did them in...and Bell playing on one leg.

Dallas-Miami will be a very interesting series.  Sure, Dallas won both regular season games against Miami, but the Heat are peaking right now.  Heat have this window wide open for now.  Like what i've posted before, they are built to win now, coz this is the time when you can still get the 20-10 contribution from Shaq, and some contributions from their veterans.  In 2 to 3 years, the Heat may have to rebulid again to form some nucleus around Wade.  Dallas may lose the series, but it  has all the chances to come back in the Finals with the same group.  So my prediction?  Nada, I can't see it.  Nearly even I say.  Don't want to put my foot in my mouth again.  ;D ;D