Author Topic: Anime on DVDs  (Read 1717 times)

Offline Hot Mama

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • I Love My Hot Mama!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Anime on DVDs
« on: May 03, 2006 at 04:08 PM »
Hi All!

Any anime fans out there? not those common anime shown in local TVs... i mean collectors alike...

My point is... original anime DVDs sold at Comic Alley and Tokyo Kids sell for 800 pesos... per DISC! i bought initial D first stage (3 disc) and so it cost me 2400! These are imported from Japan!

Dont Magnavision or any local DVD makers produce a copy? I also noticed that these DVDs does not have the VRB sticker. So are these DVDs illegally sold?

Your comments please.

Offline ezra

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Re: Anime on DVDs
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006 at 09:58 PM »
hi

good news: there have been local releases, from fushigi to trigun to gundam seed - but all the local relases are in vcd format. i saw a dvd release of an anime - kids anime, either the one that races cars (pokemon meets initial d) or the one with the yoyo. also sa a cowboy bebop movie at astrovision and it retails around 800

bad news: comic alley dvds are not original, they never were and will be. i don't know about tokyo kids, never heard of the store. best bets for buying original anime dvds are online merchants like yesasia.com and amazon.com. try checking the market place as well; i bought my howl's moving castle from one of the sellers :)

Offline Hot Mama

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • I Love My Hot Mama!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006 at 04:50 PM »
Thanks for the comments ezra...

Comic Alley in Megamall and SM San Lazaro is where i got my Initial D stage 1 and Stage 2 (3 disc set each) ganda ng case and printed nicely... it seems an original from Japan.

Tokyo Kids is a sister store of COmic Alley with branch at SM Manila.

However, there is one store in Robinson Galleria which sells Anime DVDs... and they also sell pirated... as in DVD-R media.

Offline cosmickidzero

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2007 at 05:52 PM »
go to greenhills i got Initiald Stage 1 to Stage 3 bundle i got it 350 per disk and its originals....

Offline akositonton

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Mar 31, 2007 at 01:15 PM »
I haven't seen any Orig anime DVDs here in the places I've checked. Yeah most of the Origs can be bought online through like what you said YESASIA.COM or cdjapan.co.jp

Check on those sites of the titles you're looking for, if it's not there, then what you saw in the local stores here are most probably "bootlegs" - the Westerner's term for pirated.