Author Topic: DVD-busters: HD-DVD, Blu-ray discs and EVD  (Read 73259 times)

Offline barrid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • What's on your mind?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Matsucrapa unveils High Density DVDs
« Reply #60 on: Oct 31, 2001 at 07:32 PM »
Hindi ba Blue Laser na ang ginagamit sa mga DVD player sa ngayon?
As of now, negative ang reaction ko towards high density dvds as far as audio and video are concern. Ewan ko lang sa ibang application. But, I'm keeping my mind open.
« Last Edit: Jan 01, 1970 at 08:00 AM by 1016344800 »
There's something to learn everyday

Offline gladiator

• Collector
  • DVD WARRIOR
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: Nov 01, 2001 at 07:06 AM »
IS THIS THE END OF THE DVDDOM???  :o

WE MIGHT BE FORCED TO MIGRATE TO A WHOLE NEW STANDARD ALTOGETHER! IF SO, PANO NAMAN MGA HARDLY COLLECTED & DEEPLY LOVED DVDS NATIN!  :'(

WE'LL BE FORCED TO BE NEW PINOYHDDVD MEMBERS TAYO!  >:(

PERISH THE THOUGHT!  :o :o :o

Offline wcvmorasa

• DVD Addict
  • You want me to do that? Make me.
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: Nov 01, 2001 at 09:54 AM »
must be a new marketing ploy. like the time of the VHS and beta.

come to think of it what else can you put on a DVD disk that can warrant that type of space? ::)

Offline halo

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Nov 01, 2001 at 10:02 AM »

come to think of it what else can you put on a DVD disk that can warrant that type of space? ::)

well, firstly, they could do a "superbit" effect on the movie complete with dolby 5.1, ex, DTS, etc. with a lot of space left over for commentaries, complete subtitles, close captions, probably even some dvd quality images of previews and trailers of other movies.

and that's just on disc 1. On the 2nd, they could put, at least, 10 times the number of features (or 6 times for dvd-quality sound and images on outakes, deleted scenes, etc.)

They could probably introduce new features we've never even heard of which are not viable now due to limited space.

If these new high density dvds are compatible with existing dvd players, no doubt about it, they will be a GREAT boon for us but if not.....

Offline RickS

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: Nov 01, 2001 at 10:06 AM »

A whole season of a tv series, uncompressed video, audio and subtitles of 35 languages (watch The Matrix in Swahili), all of the biographies of the whole cast including the extras, etc. Like money, you can never have enough space.

Offline halo

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Nov 02, 2001 at 07:22 AM »

the whole 600 hours worth of footage of the making of star wars episode 1 ;D

Offline wcvmorasa

• DVD Addict
  • You want me to do that? Make me.
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Nov 02, 2001 at 07:57 AM »
hmmmm... how about an audio track where in all the songs in the movie can be played, much like a CD. like for the movies "Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion" and "The Wedding singer"... COMPLETE WITH VIDEOS...

What else? hmmm..

Offline espace

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Re:DVD Killer: Blu-ray Disc
« Reply #67 on: Mar 31, 2002 at 11:06 PM »
Here's an interest bit from:  
The Official DVD FAQ
by Jim Taylor
[/url]
[6.5] What's new with DVD technology?

In February 2002, a group of 9 companies announced a new high-density recordable DVD standard, known as Blu-ray. At the DVD Forum general meeting in March, the Forum announced that it will investigate next-generation standards to choose the best one. Since the 9 companies are all members of the DVD Forum, it's likely that Blu-ray will eventually be approved by the Forum.

Also at the March meeting the Forum announced that according to AOL Time Warner's request it will work on a standard for putting high-definition video on existing DVDs. A 2-hour movie can fit on a DVD-9 at data rates of 6 to 7 Mbps. Given advances in video compression technology, it should be possible to get high-definition quality of at least 720p24 at these data rates (720 lines of progressive video at 24 frames/second). MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 are the likely candidates.

There are some important details and ramifications of these announcements:
  • Blu-ray is a recordable format only, intended for home video recording. It is not currently intended for mass-distribution of movies. In fact, it's not even planned to be used for PC data recording, although it's inevitable that Blu-ray drives will appear for PCs.

• Blu-ray discs will not play in current DVD players or drives. Because of the smaller pits and requirement for a blue laser, a new player or drive is required to read a Blu-ray disc.

• High-def discs will not play on existing players. Even though the player can physically read the disc, it doesn't have the circuitry needed to decode and display the high-def video. High-def discs may play on DVD PCs with the right software upgrades.

• Contrary to some reports, the Forum will support both technology directions, since they are complimentary. Blu-ray will be used for recording, while HD on existing DVDs will be used for commercial sales of Hollywood movies.

• Neither of these technologies will appear soon. Probably not before 2004 at the earliest.
[/b][/color]

Looks like we'll have at least 2 more years before worrying about DVD obsolesence. By the same token, the studios will have about 2 more years of "making hay while the sun shines" - meaning that DVD prices may remain the same and "super, et al" versions of more popular titles may still pop out of the wood work for the next few years.
Your attitude is your life.
Maximize your options.
Never take anything too seriously.

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
Re: DVD Killer: Blu-ray Disc
« Reply #68 on: Apr 09, 2002 at 11:09 AM »

Demmit!
Kabago-bago pa lang ng DVD sa kin, meron na namang i-introduce na blue-ray chu-chu!!!
Aaarrrggghhh!!!
Ibalik nyo na lang ang Beta at Laser discs!!!
On a serious note, this blue ray thingie will just about start the real life trend for games( consoles or PC ) that everyone was dreaming of.
Ooohhh. Virtual Jenna Jameson!!!

BTW battousai, she is not he best selling Virtual Disc by Digital Playground it is Tera Patrick . Kaya ako, Ooohhh Vitual tera Patrick!!!
[img width=163 height=49]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b221/x

Offline Rak-Rak

• DVD Addict
  • MKV Addic
  • Liked:
Re:D-VHS: 1081i partner of the DVD format
« Reply #69 on: Apr 16, 2002 at 02:17 PM »
JVC is already selling the D-VHS player JVC HM DH30000U (D Theater) it takes advantage of the 1081i resolution of HDTV ready Widescreen TVs.  Since our current Dvd disc has a resolution of only 480 the HDTV ready tvs has to line double hem to take advantave of the higher resolution available.

I would like to see this set up, Widescreen Review issue  59 reviewed 2 D-VHS features, they are U-571 and Motley Crue Lewd, Crued & Tattood Live.( sorry I don't have a link to this)

Offline Rak-Rak

• DVD Addict
  • MKV Addic
  • Liked:
Re: D-VHS: New Format To Challenge DVD?
« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2002 at 12:22 AM »

i have seen this device already and it is very similar to our existing vhs player/recorders. the only difference is that it needs a firewire connection to the TV set and  a high definition receiver box to get the signals.

bently

bently, since you have seen this device, care to comment about the picture quality?

Offline seth

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
Re:D-VHS: New Format To Challenge DVD?
« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2002 at 02:43 PM »
D-VHS is a tape format so its bulky thats is why they invented DVDs much more compact and easy to carry and you play in your computer. Tape format have lots of disadvanteges than dics format.

Offline Rak-Rak

• DVD Addict
  • MKV Addic
  • Liked:
Re:D-VHS: New Format To Challenge DVD?
« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2002 at 01:28 PM »

D-VHS is a tape format so its bulky thats is why they invented DVDs much more compact and easy to carry and you play in your computer. Tape format have lots of disadvanteges than dics format.

Seth,
Yes it's bulky but It is the only format currently availble for true HD experience.  With the trouble over the HD dvd format, d-vhs is available for us now.

Offline Rak-Rak

• DVD Addict
  • MKV Addic
  • Liked:
Re:D-VHS: Terminator 2 the Worst Transfer
« Reply #73 on: Jun 17, 2002 at 11:19 AM »
Posted by Frank J Manrique on Today 10:14 AM:

[Thumbs up] T-2 On D-Theater HD: Is It Really All That's Cracked Up To Be???...

Attempting to obtain a JVC 3000 HD-VHS tape machine and software proved to be an odyssey of sorts, but a friend finally managed to hunt down a unit locally (at The Good Guys in Riverside). We paid a bit more than what a lot of you folks paid yours, but the T-2 tape was included in the deal, so at least we had ONE title to check out (no freebies were included in the box; only a redemption coupon for couple of rock concerts taped in HD).

This worked out just fine as T-2 is supposed to be the worst transfer among the currently available titles, and since we had some odd reels of T-2 on 35mm on hand (could not swing the 70mm odd reels for last night's session, rats!), we immediately set out to run direct comparisons between the three available formats: DVD (Special Edition), D-Theater, and theatrical 35mm.

The equipment we used was the now ubiquitous Hitachi 5500 LCoS display device (still needs to be professionally calibrated, but manages to provide a very compelling PQ nonetheless), a Radeon 7500 video card-equipped HT-PC (used the DVI signal path), the JVC 3000 machine, of course, and a Norelco Todd-AO AA2 35/70mm film projector equipped with Isco primary and scope attachment projection lenses.
Sound was relegated to a background status and in analog stereo (I think; didn?t have a long enough Toslink optical cable for the required digital sound interfacing, so must wait to be assessed at my place at a later date. Btw, I found the lack of a coax digital sound output jack upsetting for a $2K machine should definitely have included one. This was a serious oversight from the part of JVC as far as I am concerned) as the session took place late at night and two small boys and a 6 month-old baby were sleeping upstairs, so needed to keep the racket down to a minimum.

We began by playing the DVD first. Via DVI signal path, the T-2 SE DVD transfer proved to be a revelation; is a great transfer in its own right; it has never looked so good before. Yet its overall image is marred by an over enthused application edge enhancement. Very sharp looking too, but is it really?

Next we popped in the DH tape. Immediately we noticed that color density and contrast dynamics improved considerably over what we just witnessed and, of course, the higher resolution now began to reveal things that were blurred or even hidden by the lower rezed format.
While we noticed artifacts (mosquito noise, blocking, much compression, etc.) occurring with the DVD (one that was transferred from a newer HD master, newer than the one we were given on the D-VHS tape), the HD tape was blissfully devoid of such pesky visible problems.
And tried as we did, we couldn?t really see any edge enhancement screwing up the image with its obnoxious, deleterious effects either. Can you say film-like?

I read with great amusement that some of the Widescreen Review?s recent shindig participants complained that the T-2 HD tape looked soft by comparison to the DVD. Well, guess what. . .it ain?t so! Not by a long shot. . .This is why: low rez video, no matter how good it may appear processed even with mega-buck equipment (perhaps and possibly excepting the Teranex processor), always seems to have a hard-edge look to it. This phenomenon is often confused for, and is passed as sharpness when it reality is an artificial artifact (do away with it and see what soft really means).

The T-2 D-Theater tape picture quality possesses superb coloration density and contrast dynamics, a super-smooth, grain-free attribute that is extreme compelling in addition to magnificent natural sharpness, a sharpness that comes from well focused imaging, thus having much in common with FILM! Is very, very easy on the eyes, far and above from what we all too often visually sample from lower resolution video-processed images.

So in a nut shell, when it comes to electronically-reproduced images, well. . .there just is no substitution for higher resolution! The D-VHS T-2 trounced the DVD quite handily. . .

But how did the D-Theater tape compared to film? Extremely well, actually. . .but am getting ahead of my self. . .

Discounting for a moment the fact that the theatrical print has different color timing than what is produced by the Hitachi LCoS display, which cause coloration to look on the cool side of the spectrum, both share almost identical density and depth; both look very rich while at the same time exhibiting a plethora of different shadings within the same color scheme, easily besting the DVD version in this respect as well.

Incredibly too is the fact that the D-VHS tape also exhibited contrast dynamics that really weren?t too far off from those of film, though in reality being not quite as dynamic in absolute terms. Yet this allows shadow detailing to be easily resolved because of its overall higher resolution, bettering the DVD performance by leaps and bounds in this regard also.
Oh, yes. . .nearly omitted to mention that the reproduction of blacks is far superior to that of the DVD, which should come as no surprise; blacks are reproduced with superb richness of depth; they are simply stunning!

I wish we had the 70mm version available as well because of its yet higher resolution over the 35mm version (up converting to 70mm yields better imaging due to the fact that 70mm is of much larger gauge and is generations closer to the camera negative, whilst 35mm is generations away from it; this does exact a degree of picture quality losses) would have given us better underpinnings as an additional tool with which to judge the HD video tape?s contents.
Even so, T-2?s ultra-smooth, ultra-clean, grain-free HD appearance is quite beautiful to behold (something that E-Cinema fans find so enthralling and appealing at the movies, I reckon), which when directly compared to the 35mm film version makes a powerfully compelling case in almost preferring the former over the latter (am I being a heretic here? Naw, not really; just fair). . .but only if we?re willing to sacrifice the higher degree of resolution that is still in the realm of, and in film?s definite favor

Am happy as a pig on slop because after some 20 years awaiting for its arrival, true HD has finally come home to roost in the form of a format that is now the delivering purveyor of a video signal with higher resolution attributes that are unlike we have experienced before.
And barring all the current politics and paranoia running rampant within the movie studios circles, I welcome the D-Theater format as the next step to take in our quest to enhance the picture quality in our home theaters for the here and now (I?ll just wait for an optical HD format to show up in its own good time).

Yet I see an immediate potential problem: the lack of movie titles becoming available with more frequency and from all studios might cause many HT fans to shy away from a format that promise the delivery of truly exceptionally stunning images (if T-2 is supposed to be the worse transfer among the other titles currently available, then I can?t hardly wait to visually sample even better picture quality!).

To close this little tirade, I?ll just add that this tape format has my full, enthusiastic support. . .

-THTS

Offline saling-pusa

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
Blu-ray Key Characteristics
« Reply #74 on: Aug 02, 2002 at 12:53 PM »
"Blu-ray Disc" Key Characteristics

1) Large recording capacity up to 27GB:
By adopting a 405nm blue-violet semiconductor laser, with a 0.85NA field lens and a 0.1mm optical transmittance protection disc layer structure, it can record up to 27GB video data on a single sided 12cm phase change disc. It can record over 2 hours of digital high definition video and more than 13 hours of standard TV broadcasting (VHS/standard definition picture quality, 3.8Mbps)

2) High-speed data transfer rate 36Mbps:
It is possible for the Blu-ray Disc to record digital high definition broadcasts or high definition images from a digital video camera while maintaining the original picture quality. In addition, by fully utilizing an optical disc's random accessing functions, it is possible to easily edit video data captured on a video camera or play back pre-recorded video on the disc while simultaneously recording images being broadcast on TV.

3) Easy to use disc cartridge:
An easy to use optical disc cartridge protects the optical disc's recording and playback phase from dust and fingerprints.
Main Specifications
    Recording capacity:                   23.3GB/25GB/27GB
    Laser wavelength:                     405nm (blue-violet laser)
    Lens numerical aperture (NA):         0.85
    Data transfer rate:                   36Mbps
    Disc diameter:                        120mm
    Disc thickness:                       1.2mm (optical transmittance
                                                  protection layer: 0.1mm)
    Recording format:                     Phase change recording
    Tracking format:                      Groove recording
    Tracking pitch:                       0.32um
    Shortest pit length:                  0.160/0.149/0.138um
    Recording phase density:              16.8/18.0/19.5Gbit/inch2
    Video recording format:               MPEG2 video
    Audio recording format:               AC3, MPEG1, Layer2, etc.
    Video and audio multiplexing format:  MPEG2 transport stream
    Cartridge dimension:                  Approximately 129 x 131 x 7mm

Offline Maxster

• Collector
  • I like DVD's music and Blu-rays.
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Aug 02, 2002 at 01:55 PM »
The way I understand this format is it's not really against the DVD. The media players for blu-ray disc would be backward compatible to existing formats in the market (CDs, CD-ROMs, VCDs, DVD, DVD-Audio). The only thing you replace is the player. No one throws away their hard earned  collections of DVDs in the fear that they would not be supported anymore by the players. This now gives people more options to adapt to technology. I think this is product innovation. The standardization of the companies involved in this project will make this format a viable upgrade. Remember, I really see this as un upgrade and not a competitor, unlike different formats of DVD-R, RAMs, RW+s, who try to outbeat each other in the market without guaranteeing compatibility. The same way goes with the now defunct Laser Disc format. Who wants to make bulky players and discs anyway. The incompatility of the memory stick to the compaq flash conduit. We need standardization folks. This would do good in the long run. That's why we have USB ports, Firewires and the like that helps devices easier to connect and they help make technology make a whole lot more sense unlike the technology format isolationist concept which is existing in the world of DVDs today.

Lastly don't worry....Blu-rays won't be out until some time. Until then...let's support the technology. I think it's really good.

Offline Thames

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
HD DVD
« Reply #76 on: Aug 05, 2002 at 08:05 PM »
Hey guys,
i just read this article in www.dvdfile.com about HD-DVD

Is HD-DVD heating up?
According to this new Video Business article, the first official meeting by top executives from all the major studios took place this past week in Los Angeles to discuss the possible introduction of a new DVD-based, HD prerecorded format. While many have speculated this sudden rush to develop a viable HD-DVD platform sooner rather than later is to combat the launch of JVC's new D-VHS videotape format, sources in the article indicate that slow but steady acceptance of HD technology and high consumer satisfaction are also major motivating factors in the rush to develop a new format just as DVD is gaining mass market acceptance.

While hardly as divisive as early talks on DVD, these ongoing talks have not been not without controversy. With more than one possible HD-DVD technology on the table - Warner allegedly favors a red-laser based format mostly dismissed by major hardware manufacturers, versus "Blu-Ray" technology, which boasts more robust storage and "data throughput" and is favored by the majority of the consumer electronics companies that occupy the DVD Forum, especially heavyweight Sony - the road to true HD-DVD is still cloudy. But at least the studios are talking at all, and it is still too early to tell what impact this may have on the DVD of today. Do I need to tell you to stay tuned?

Offline ßartmaniac

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Don't have a cow, man!
  • Liked:
Campaign: HD-DVD - One Format Only!
« Reply #77 on: Sep 21, 2002 at 09:09 PM »

from www.dvdsite.org
excerpt
:

The purpose of the HD-DVD: One Format Only! Campaign is to convey what we believe is a very important message, on behalf of DVD consumers everywhere, to the Hollywood movie studios, the consumer electronics manufacturers and all the members of the DVD Forum. That message is simple:

We believe that in order for any high-definition video disc format to be successful, all of the various parties involved MUST agree upon a SINGLE, unified format before making any such format available to consumers.

Numerous other DVD websites and online publications have announced support as well, including many members of the international DVD community.  

Anyone wishing to show support for the HD-DVD: One Format Only! Campaign may use and distribute the logos above freely and without restriction, provided that you link them to the www.dvdsite.org webpage, which will act as the one-stop, official clearinghouse for HD-DVD and campaign information.  (read more...)

« Last Edit: Nov 06, 2002 at 05:59 PM by ßa®tmaniac »

Offline qwerty765

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • ako ay isang lyama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Re:Campaign: HD-DVD - One Format Only!
« Reply #78 on: Sep 22, 2002 at 06:26 PM »
Yup! I agree with that campaign, we don't really want a repeat of the Beta vs. VHS thing.

With the technology that we have today, there is no stopping for them to make a better format, but the least the manufacturers could do for the consumers is to  assure us that it will at least be backwards compatible.

Will pinoyDVD.com support this campaign?

Offline Djerms

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
How Long will this DVD format Last?
« Reply #79 on: Dec 26, 2002 at 11:04 AM »
Hi PinoyDVD peeps!!!
I'm quite new to the forum and to the discussions itself so a little help will be very much appreciated.
Question lang po coz i'm a collector myself:  How long do you think will this dvd format last?  Kasi before i collected VHS formatted movies..ngayon di na popular  ???.  As for the DVD format, sa tingin nyo tatagal ito?  Thanks!  :)

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re:How Long will this DVD format Last?
« Reply #80 on: Dec 26, 2002 at 08:45 PM »
Welcome aboard Djerms!  :D

I hope this will be the last format or the ultimate video format for the next generations to come. Like you, I also have many videos in vhs format mostly from the U.S. pa.

Now stuck lang sa cabinet ko, but I think last format na ang dvd, buti na lang I didn't collect laserdiscs on the early 90's.  :)

Offline viper

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • i took the money and ran . . . . but now I'm back
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: Dec 28, 2002 at 01:57 PM »
As long as it is supported by the studios, even if there are new formats that would come out in the future, DVD will remain with us for the longest time.

Offline artsky

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #82 on: Dec 28, 2002 at 08:58 PM »
I think the DVD format will be here to stay. what worries me is the blu ray disc which is essentially a higher capacity DVD. but, if ever this new format kicks in, it would be fine since it would carry more information in a single disc.

Offline slowhand

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: Dec 29, 2002 at 10:35 AM »
DVD is just beginning to explode. But at the same time, we need to keep an eye out for HD DVD.

A Strategy Analytics report predicts worldwide shipments of DVD discs will rise from 77 million units in 1999 to over two billion by 2005. Sales of DVD players will see a worldwide growth rate of 182 percent in 1999 to reach 144 million units by 2005. Currently there are around 17 million players worldwide.

Having said that, high-definition DVD will be coming sooner or later, depending on how quickly HDTV sets increase in sales and HDTV broadcasts increase in number. By 2006 the Consumer Electronics Association expects total HDTV unit sales to reach 10.6 million, which may be enough of a market for HD DVD discs to proliferate, if the makers can agree on standards the way they did for standard definition DVDs.

We'll all have to decide how to play this. Personally, if I were just starting to collect, I would buy only the ones I can watch over and over again, and rent more.

Problema lang, nakaka-addict ano?

Offline pinoymovies

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: Dec 29, 2002 at 12:53 PM »
I read somewhere that current DVDs, the ones that are labeled 'anamorphic widescreeen' or 'enhanced for 16 x9  widescreen TV', will look even better on tomorrow's High Definition TV's.  

Offline dibidibidi

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • dogears here :)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 22
The Death Of DVD: BLU-RAY Disc
« Reply #85 on: Jan 16, 2003 at 09:49 AM »
excerpt from BBC News: The "next generation" of DVDs, able to hold almost six times as much information as current standard discs, has been unveiled by major technology companies. The new format, the Blu_Ray Disc, will store more than 13 hours of film, compared with the current limit of 133 minutes,

Offline slowhand

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: Jan 16, 2003 at 11:37 AM »
I remember saying this in a similar thread: the turning point will be when high-def broadcast becomes the norm. When that happens, DVD will be inferior to the quality of broadcast TV, and the transition toward high-def DVD will come naturally.

The question is when (or if, if you want) high-def broadcst will be the norm. In Japan and the States, its gradually (albeit slowly) happening, with sports, HBO, PBS and the like already in place, and the big networks (Jay Leno's show, for instance) are moving to it.

Once you've seen a high-def broadcast, DVD becomes "bitin." I'm not happy saying this, having bought a bundle of DVDs, but such is progress.

Offline Mo®pHeOu$

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • GO GREEN: LET'S DO OUR SHARE IN SAVING OUR PLANET
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: Jan 27, 2003 at 05:21 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

How long? ... hmmmm...

Probably for a very very long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long time.  ;)

Offline The Game

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Time to play the GAME....
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: Jan 27, 2003 at 09:10 PM »
mga 10 - 20 years sana hehehehe

Offline striderhiryu1

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: Jan 27, 2003 at 10:29 PM »
I've been into dvd since Oct. 98 (and LD since 92) and I hope its replaced by HD format soon (within the next 5 years).  I can't wait for HD DVD to arrive.  I've been spoiled by HD Broadcasts here in Japan (most sports).  :o