Author Topic: Kapamilya Deal Or No Deal  (Read 14145 times)

Offline Mr. Big Boy

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Addict
  • Big Better Bolder
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Kapamilya Deal Or No Deal
« on: May 15, 2006 at 10:44 PM »
ABS-CBN got a new show franchise from abroad, the name of the show is "Deal or No Deal".

I think this will be a daily show to be hosted by Kris Aquino.  This is also from Edemol I think.

The rules are simple. Choose a briefcase. Then as each round progresses, you must either stay with your original briefcase choice or make a "deal" with the bank to accept its cash offer in exchange for whatever dollar amount is in your chosen case.

Once you decide to accept or decline the bank's offer, the decision is final.

Contestants are encouraged to ask friends or family in the audience for advice; however, only the contestant's answer will be considered binding and final.
« Last Edit: Jun 05, 2006 at 08:37 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline Mr. Big Boy

• DVD Addict
  • Big Better Bolder
  • Liked:
Re: Deal Or No Deal
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006 at 12:03 AM »
Deal or No Deal

Deal or No Deal is the most flexible game show ever invented. It can play as huge primetime 90 or 60-minute weekly specials, or as a slot-winning 30, 40, or 50-minute daily stripped runs. The secret to the show’s success is in the dramatic finale… In the exhilarating end game, the contestant faces 26 cash boxes, containing cheques varying from a measly amount to millions. Without knowing the content in each box, he picks one, his to keep no matter what. The box stays sealed, as do the 25 remaining ones that are divided amongst other contestants.

Who’s holding the jackpot? Does the winner’s box contain a stingy sum or an absolute fortune? Nobody knows… One by one, the finalist chooses six boxes, revealing cheques of different values. As each one is opened, the likelihood of the finalist having a high valued cheque in his own box decreases or increases. Now, an unseen opponent, the Banker, offers the player an amount of money in exchange for his cash box.

Does he strike a deal with the Banker, or does he keep playing?The contestant knows that as long as the big cash box hasn’t been opened, the Banker’s offers will only get higher and higher. As he continues to play, fewer boxes will remain and so he will receive even more offers from the Banker.What if he accidentally opens the jackpot box? In that case, the Banker’s offer is drops dramatically. But what if the jackpot is in his own box? Is he cool enough to go all the way and find out, or does he play it safe and make a deal?

www.endemol.com
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006 at 12:06 AM by Mr. Big Boy »

Offline yamota

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Digging deeper
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006 at 03:44 AM »
The best thing about deal or no deal are the girls  :P

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006 at 11:38 AM »
The best thing about deal or no deal are the girls  :P

And the bad thing about the local Deal or No Deal is Kris Aquino.  :P

Offline Excalibur

• Collector
  • And now I wait without withering...
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jun 05, 2006 at 04:38 PM »

correct me if i am wrong, parang modified na "pera o bayong" ito.

magkano kaya ang binayad ng abs sa franchise?

Deal or No Deal

Deal or No Deal is the most flexible game show ever invented. It can play as huge primetime 90 or 60-minute weekly specials, or as a slot-winning 30, 40, or 50-minute daily stripped runs. The secret to the show’s success is in the dramatic finale… In the exhilarating end game, the contestant faces 26 cash boxes, containing cheques varying from a measly amount to millions. Without knowing the content in each box, he picks one, his to keep no matter what. The box stays sealed, as do the 25 remaining ones that are divided amongst other contestants.

Who’s holding the jackpot? Does the winner’s box contain a stingy sum or an absolute fortune? Nobody knows… One by one, the finalist chooses six boxes, revealing cheques of different values. As each one is opened, the likelihood of the finalist having a high valued cheque in his own box decreases or increases. Now, an unseen opponent, the Banker, offers the player an amount of money in exchange for his cash box.

Does he strike a deal with the Banker, or does he keep playing?The contestant knows that as long as the big cash box hasn’t been opened, the Banker’s offers will only get higher and higher. As he continues to play, fewer boxes will remain and so he will receive even more offers from the Banker.What if he accidentally opens the jackpot box? In that case, the Banker’s offer is drops dramatically. But what if the jackpot is in his own box? Is he cool enough to go all the way and find out, or does he play it safe and make a deal?

www.endemol.com

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #5 on: Jun 05, 2006 at 08:36 PM »
This is hands-down the stupidest show I've ever seen.

Bagay kay Kris.  ;D
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline Great Buys

• Collector
  • Great Buys Hunter!!
  • Liked:
Re: Kapamilya Deal Or No Deal
« Reply #6 on: Jun 06, 2006 at 04:44 PM »
My gulay!!! Kris Aquino again? wala na ba tlaga ibang mapagkakatiwalaan ang ABS to handle their new game show?

Kris makes any game show look stupid and not credible.  It's just a dang mystery why till now di pa rin makita ng pinoy viewers na wala talaga syang talent for hosting real game shows.

Bakit nga ba? :(
« Last Edit: Jun 06, 2006 at 04:54 PM by Great Buys »

Offline jekoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Movielandia
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jun 06, 2006 at 06:58 PM »
correct me if i am wrong, parang modified na "pera o bayong" ito.

that's how i see it. or ala laban o bawi. baka naman sa tin lang ginaya ng endemol ang concept nila...

anyway, yeah, medyo dramatic ung dating. nakaka-hook sa una. but i don't think i'd like to watch the same ole technique over and over again. dapat once a week lang to! nakakasawa!
Absolutely no regrets!

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jun 06, 2006 at 07:16 PM »
The girls are all too excited to open the briefcase they have...they sometimes open it before Kris orders them to do so.  ;D

Am I the only one who find it boring? Wala naman kakaibang concept sa show na yun. Yan ang Captain Barbell ng ABSCBN. LOL

A good game show to watch is Distraction over at JackTV.

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
« Reply #9 on: Jun 07, 2006 at 11:35 AM »
Kris actually seems subdued here, which is good...

...but the show's concept is meh--you only have a 2 in 26 chance of getting a million or 2 million pesos, but everything depends on your first choice. so if the very first briefcase you chose contains just 1 peso, you're screwed from the start, and not even your family or friends can help you.

Offline butsoy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Jun 07, 2006 at 01:26 PM »
Parang PERA O BAYONG Primetime Edition

Offline Mr. Big Boy

• DVD Addict
  • Big Better Bolder
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Jun 08, 2006 at 12:32 AM »
Di kaya sa atin nakuha ng Edemol yung concept?  Most likely sa atin rin galing itong product na ito na binili natin, very typical.  There's nothing new sa gameshow na ito, kaya siguro nag-click sa US kasi bago sa kanila yung concept.  Kung alam lang ng ABS-CBN na mag-cliclick ang ganitong concept sa US sana sila nalang ang nag-produce ng ganito sa US kumita pa tayo ng dollars.

Offline butsoy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Jun 09, 2006 at 10:36 AM »
I've seen some of the episodes of Deal or No Deal sa ibang countries... Ang cheap ng kanila.. Parang shoebox lang yung pinaka-briefcase nila..

MAs angat pa pala tayo kasi naka-briefcase yung atin  ;D

Offline talisman30

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Guru
  • Experience Results
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Jun 09, 2006 at 12:13 PM »
The girls are all too excited to open the briefcase they have...they sometimes open it before Kris orders them to do so.  ;D

Am I the only one who find it boring? Wala naman kakaibang concept sa show na yun. Yan ang Captain Barbell ng ABSCBN. LOL

A good game show to watch is Distraction over at JackTV.

i find it boring too bro. no intelligence needed, hula-hula na lang. hehehe...
subscribe us at our pre-launch: www.streakdeals.com.ph
like us on facebook: streakdeals.com.ph

Offline TRS14

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Jun 14, 2006 at 10:52 AM »
the excitement for me comes when the remaining cases are around 5.

let's say if the banker offer me ~177,000 at the start of the game. mag deal deal na ako..
it's just knowing the probability.

laban o bawi is still exciting but you are prevented on having a 1,000,000 and 100,000 choices and the end.

pera o bayong??  :-X

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #15 on: Jun 20, 2006 at 08:07 PM »
Want to play?

Click here.

It's even worse without the girls, huh?  ;D
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #16 on: Jul 15, 2006 at 10:20 AM »
ironic...yesterday manghuhula rene mariano won only 75 pesos to a guessing game...

i guess nanghuhula lang siya he..he

Offline Klaus Weasley

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 511
« Reply #17 on: Jul 28, 2006 at 08:09 PM »
Three days in a row, the winnings of the contestants have been very paltry. Just plain bad luck. You'd have better chances winning more if you just play the text game. LOL.

Offline rascal101

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Naraniag nga aldaw kinyayo amin
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #18 on: Aug 02, 2006 at 02:34 PM »
I get to watch this show in the bus going home - I go home to Bulacan everyday kasi and it surprises me that the contestants are all very impulsive (a few a bit lacking in common sense). Due to pressure, excitement or what but at least in the show they appear to be.

Once there was this woman (from a far-away province) who said that she needed Php 200,000 for her mother and was offered Php 175,000 by the banker. There were about 5 more cases but 4 of them were of low value and the last one was Php 1,000,000. Against the wishes of her husband she said "No deal". What??? What was she thinking??? The odds of her opening up the Php 1,000,000 is quite small but come on it's not like there are other significant values.

Didn't complete the show but the last I saw she was being offered Php 50 because the remaining values were < Php 30. Tama iyung husband niya kasi after she said no deal (with the last 5 remaining) nabuksan iyung Php 1,000,000 and her husband just said "Enjoy the game".
« Last Edit: Aug 03, 2006 at 08:58 AM by rascal101 »

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Aug 02, 2006 at 09:44 PM »
The show has the most annoying and the worst musical score I've ever heard. Kris can now resign in this game show.
« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2006 at 09:45 PM by keating »

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Sep 18, 2006 at 04:46 PM »
For those of you who missed it, here is the first PhP 1 million winner:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT-u7oGrQzM

Offline daigoro

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Sep 19, 2006 at 12:30 PM »
I get to watch this show in the bus going home - I go home to Bulacan everyday kasi and it surprises me that the contestants are all very impulsive (a few a bit lacking in common sense). Due to pressure, excitement or what but at least in the show they appear to be.

Once there was this woman (from a far-away province) who said that she needed Php 200,000 for her mother and was offered Php 175,000 by the banker. There were about 5 more cases but 4 of them were of low value and the last one was Php 1,000,000. Against the wishes of her husband she said "No deal". What??? What was she thinking??? The odds of her opening up the Php 1,000,000 is quite small but come on it's not like there are other significant values.

Didn't complete the show but the last I saw she was being offered Php 50 because the remaining values were < Php 30. Tama iyung husband niya kasi after she said no deal (with the last 5 remaining) nabuksan iyung Php 1,000,000 and her husband just said "Enjoy the game".

Good example of the good and bad aspects of our culture. The bad - taking too many risks , not weighing options properly and impulsiveness. The good - finding ways to be happy in the midst of adversity

Offline Quitacet

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #22 on: Sep 19, 2006 at 12:52 PM »
If I am a contestant in this show, my strategy would be to make a deal as soon as I'm offered 10% of the highest amount left inside the briefcases.

Offline qwerty765

• Collector
  • ako ay isang lyama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #23 on: Sep 19, 2006 at 05:05 PM »
Though I find the concept of this game show stupid, I must admit that I enjoyed last night's show where the contestant just won 1 Peso  ;D.

Offline blitzkrieg

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Shut up!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Sep 21, 2006 at 10:48 PM »
 ;D Last tuesday's episode showcased why GREED is one of the 7 Deadly Sins.

The girl, who even had the nerve to drag some verse in the Holy Bible in her quest for easy money, was offered by the banker 999,999.99, a peso short of a million smackaroons, for her to call it quits on the remaining two briefcases, one of which contained the coveted 2Million. Upon the prodding of her family, especially her delirious parents, she screamed NO DEAL!!

The turn out became her worst nightmare, making her 950,000.00 poorer and the most hated person on TV that night and for the rest of the week.  She ended up with P50,000 and I felt that they have been doused with cold water enough to cause hypothermia.

Luck was apparently on her side but she and her family ignored the already screaming sign from heaven.

You know the moral of the story....STUPID!!!
« Last Edit: Sep 21, 2006 at 11:03 PM by blitzkrieg »

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Sep 22, 2006 at 09:21 AM »
That particular contestant is the complete opposite of the one a couple of weeks ago. She was fortunate enough to have eliminated ALL small amounts with the Php 1 million still alive. The worst case scenario is that she walks home with Php 100,000.00. But for some hair-brained reason, she DEALED at only Php 299,000.00. I was like "Huh?". She's won already. She should have tried her luck for the million and sure enough, the Php 1,000,000.00 was in her briefcase. Stupid.

Offline rascal101

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Naraniag nga aldaw kinyayo amin
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #26 on: Sep 22, 2006 at 09:48 AM »
;D Last tuesday's episode showcased why GREED is one of the 7 Deadly Sins.

The girl, who even had the nerve to drag some verse in the Holy Bible in her quest for easy money, was offered by the banker 999,999.99, a peso short of a million smackaroons, for her to call it quits on the remaining two briefcases, one of which contained the coveted 2Million. Upon the prodding of her family, especially her delirious parents, she screamed NO DEAL!!

The turn out became her worst nightmare, making her 950,000.00 poorer and the most hated person on TV that night and for the rest of the week.  She ended up with P50,000 and I felt that they have been doused with cold water enough to cause hypothermia.

Luck was apparently on her side but she and her family ignored the already screaming sign from heaven.

You know the moral of the story....STUPID!!!

This is what I have observed lots of times. I think purposely the show only accepts contestants who get easily get rattled and lose all type of common sense with the mention of money.

Offline Miguel^

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Sep 22, 2006 at 10:56 AM »
This is hands-down the stupidest show I've ever seen.

Bagay kay Kris.  ;D

haha my thoughts exactly!

Every time I see Kris A. I get the feeling she's about to spill her beans.

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Sep 26, 2006 at 07:41 PM »
Here's the second millionaire, Elsa Payumo from last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J-juzFqI70

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Dec 29, 2006 at 11:38 PM »
Somebody won the PhP 2 million jackpot tonight.

Who's willing to bet that next year they increase the jackpot?