Author Topic: PC as Karaoke and Mixer  (Read 1789 times)

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
PC as Karaoke and Mixer
« on: May 26, 2006 at 10:18 AM »
I am curious if anyone is using the PC's Mic and Line input capabilities found in the mobo's built-in soundcard or a creative audigy card software to make it a full-fledged karaoke and mixing console.  Ofcourse I have to connect it to a suitable amplifier which I already have, using the Windows Media Player to play wav files ripped from CDs.  Haven't tried, but can you mix the mic and line input to a CD input in a PC and have them recorded as one wav file?  TIA

« Last Edit: May 26, 2006 at 11:06 AM by av_phile1 »

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: PC as Karaoke and Mixer
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006 at 03:02 PM »
Seems nobody's using the PC as a mixer/karaoke. 

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006 at 03:31 PM »
my brod-in-law uses his laptop as karaoke.  he bought a karaoke software in US and uploaded all karaoke vcds he has.  he also transferred the files to his ipod video, using it as a very portable karaoke gadget which can be connected to an external monitor and amp.  kinda cool but pretty long to upload lots of vcds.  ;D  ill post later for the software.  ;D

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006 at 04:31 PM »
Finally, good to hear about that Munskie.  Talk about ipod, I recently say at 5th Ave an Ipod mxing station.  Not realy curious about it, but just amazed.

Any way, I was tinkering with the Cakewalk Guitar Tracks Pro software on the PC and can't seem to be able to control the recording.  I earlier discovered that the Line In and Mic In are mutually exclusive, can't use both at the same time.  No wonder the Cakewalk software only see one Track with the Creative Soundblaster Audigy.  It seems it can have as many tracks as long as the soundcard allows it.

I just wanted to record some guitar tracks on a minus-one CD.  Or use a rhythm box on one track, my bass guitar tracks on another and a my accoustic on another, while monitoring the other tracks.  Then make a stereo wave file from it. 

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006 at 04:56 PM »
sir av, heres the web page of the pc karaoke software...  www.unifykaraoke.com

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006 at 02:22 PM »
Thanks, Munskie,  will explore it.

Offline jpadua

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • www.m2systech.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jun 01, 2006 at 03:05 PM »
I downloaded the trial for unifykaraoke before.   Unify is professional software karaoke same used in karaoke bars that use networked PCs in each room and connects to a server holding all the VCD files.  I tried the home version, and it works ok.  Problem is its hard to make your own database of songs.  You can opt to purchase a harddrive from unify that has 3000 songs already and integrated with their database.  you can then add your own vcd songs after and just update the database.  If you plan to start a karaoke business ling Io or music21 or redbox, they use similar software :D

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jun 13, 2006 at 01:27 PM »
Window-shopped in some professional studio stores and saw some digital 24-bit/96khz mixers that have USB and S/PDIF connection. Was informed they come with so-called cubase audio editing/mixing software.   It seems the mixer with almost a large set of digital effects can be used as your soundcard and any PC audio editing/mixing software can use it.  Has anyone tried this?   Anyone tried the USB route as your audio codec?  TIA