Author Topic: The Amazing Race 10  (Read 5903 times)

Offline Reuven Malter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Amazing Race 10
« Reply #30 on: Oct 16, 2006 at 09:51 AM »
Love the new NEL rule!

Rob is becoming a lesser evil compared to the uber-jerk, Peter.

Kendra (Season 6) is resurrected in Kimberly.
« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2006 at 09:52 AM by Reuven Malter »
Clear eyes, full hearts can't lose!

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #31 on: Oct 16, 2006 at 09:27 PM »
My opinion of the Cho Brothers has turned 180 degrees since the first episode. Now I'm really rooting for them.

Peter has to be doing that on purpose, for his 15 minutes of fame. No one can be that much of a human cockroach. And why is he eating all the time?!?

Are there Yields and Fast Forwards this season? It feels like we should've seen one by now. Parang wala na yata...
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
« Reply #32 on: Oct 17, 2006 at 08:50 PM »
My opinion of the Cho Brothers has turned 180 degrees since the first episode. Now I'm really rooting for them.

Same here, except that they should really try to use their heads once in a while--sayang lang yung mga degrees nila. That lame stunt with the fake cell phone sort of backfired on them, and telling their flight plan to the others was a bad idea.

You're right about Peter--he seems to be this season's main villain--what an obnoxious douchebag! Seems prejudiced as well, as that cruel remark about the coalminers proved.

I just hope the final teams won't turn into another typical boring caucasian teamfest, because right now I'm rooting for the Cho brothers, the coalminers and the black Moms. A nightmarish final four would include Asswipe Rob and BeyotchKimberly, BionicWomanSarah and OscarGoldmanDouchebag Peter, the dumb Barbies, and the dumb male models.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Oct 23, 2006 at 05:28 PM »
How can someone let his female partner who has prosthetic leg do virtually EVERY SINGLE ROADBLOCK that involves climbing? It's unfathomable!

It's funny: while Survivor this season is about "war of the races," The Amazing Race is the exact opposite - "racial harmony." I'd never have thought that a redneck couple, Asian brothers, and African American mothers could form such a tight bond of true friendship while competing on this show. What the Cho brothers did today was probably the most selfless act ever done during this competition's 10 seasons.

Also the most stupid, if you really think about it.  ::)

Go... Chos!  ;D

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Oct 23, 2006 at 05:38 PM »
^ maybe they're just chalkin up some "good karma" for the last few legs of the race. heh heh.  :P

seriously tho, the beauty queen barbies aren't that horrible. i actually think they might end up being the dark horse of this whole competition.  ;D
« Last Edit: Oct 23, 2006 at 11:15 PM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline keilu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • sōten ni zase Hyōrinmaru
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Oct 23, 2006 at 09:34 PM »
but then, isnt it the CHOS brothers fault that the coal miner and his wife ended up last the last time, and thus  getting marked for elimination? if they hadnt shared with peter/sarah & the barbies the info that they got an earlier flight...then, both teams would not have scrambled on their connecting flight on getting an earlier one?

so sacrificing for the coal miner/wife is just balancing/correcting the scales. ;)

for today's episode, i am sooo happy they got eliminated.

come to think of it...mr hankey has a point - for an ATHLETIC GUY to let his female partner w a prosthetic leg do the climbing every single time........what the heck are they trying to prove?

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Oct 24, 2006 at 09:53 AM »
They might really be that selfless but strategically, the Chos helping the 'Bamas and Kentuckians could prove most favorable to them once they all end up as the final three.

As if the satisfying elimination were not enough, we got to see Sarah dumping Peter.  ;D It seemed that he was more in love with her prosthetic leg than her. He was even more robotic than the bionic spider woman.

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Oct 24, 2006 at 11:38 AM »
It was one of the most satisfying eliminations ever. Peter's face while Sarah was ranting that he's not "nurturing" was priceless.  ;D

The beauty queens are such idiots, really--seeing them go in and out of shops and even upstairs to an office area, saying "do you have a clue for us?" was hilarious. Don't like them--one of them looks like Maggie Gylenhaal, who I find annoying.

The Cho brothers are probably one of the nicest people ever--they even helped out the black Moms when they were looking for the shop that had the clue, and I'm so glad that David & Mary took the first spot. The friendship among the Chos, the coalminers, the black Moms, and if you include the gay couple, is probably a first in this series.

One annoying team down, 3 to go...

Offline Klaus Weasley

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 512
« Reply #38 on: Oct 24, 2006 at 02:26 PM »
Maggie Gyllenhaal? Annoying? No way! She's sexy and adorable.

Offline pendrell

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #39 on: Oct 24, 2006 at 08:52 PM »
Isn't it hilarious whenever Kimberly makes stupid comments in the last two episodes like "homeless cows" and this week, the "masque" (mosque),  the cartoonish music plays in the background with matching funny sound effects? ;D  I might've missed more.

More soundbites please.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #40 on: Oct 24, 2006 at 09:29 PM »
Kimberly actually spelled it M-A-S-K, haha!

Offline dni

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Oct 25, 2006 at 10:05 PM »
the Cho's are really nice but it might get them eliminated.  but they're really nice!!  they even pretended on pursuing the Fast Forward (while David and Mary were still deciding) so that the beauty queens won't pursue it.  bait talaga!!  :D  i sure hope they win the race.  ;D

finally peter is out!!!  he is a complete A**!!!

i hate the beauty queens!!   >:(

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Oct 30, 2006 at 01:56 AM »
Just a heads up for anyone looking for the "live" show on Studio 23 today:

DST ended in the States this weekend, so the satellite feed will probably be at 9:00AM starting today.

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Oct 30, 2006 at 08:45 AM »
Glad I checked the thread today. Thanks for the heads up, Hankey! Thought I missed the "live" broadcast.

Was channel surfing the other day and caught Tyler on a CSI: Miami episode. Think it was a crossover with CSI: NY since Gary Sinise also guested.

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Oct 30, 2006 at 10:28 AM »
GOD must really LOOOOOVE one of the teams this season...  :o

what are the odds??

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Oct 30, 2006 at 02:43 PM »
Although the Miss Americas were disgusting, I... couldn't stand the black moms, either.

I really hope their alliance with the two slow teams doesn't come back to bite the Cho brothers in the ass.

I wonder what this "Intersection" is about... and if it's replaced the "Yield" this season.
« Last Edit: Oct 30, 2006 at 02:44 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Oct 31, 2006 at 02:43 AM »
It's hilarious to see that even after 10 seasons, the contestants who join this show hardly know anything about geography--no one has ever heard of Mauritius?

The barbie bimbos showed their "intelligence" by proudly waving a geography book to some airline ticket person about where they were, where they were going, and how they couldn't believe that they had to fly all the way to London to get to Mauritius.

I wonder what this "Intersection" is about... and if it's replaced the "Yield" this season.

They'll probably team up the fastest and slowest teams.

Offline dni

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Nov 02, 2006 at 01:20 AM »
Miss Americas are bitches!!!   >:( >:(  they are complete a$$holes!!!  damn i hate them!!!

Tyler and James can't even read a map....  they are eternally LOST!!!!

i'm still rooting for the Cho brothers...

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Nov 06, 2006 at 03:31 PM »
Thought the "intersection" was a better twist than the infamous "yield." I hope the Chos have finally realized this is a race now that the "fanny pack" has lost a pair. As much as the BQs can be grating sometimes. they are the smartest racers this season. They're really on a roll. If I'm not mistaken, only one of them usually dishes nasty remarks. The one who did the roadblock?

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Nov 06, 2006 at 11:15 PM »
I really hope the Chos start looking out for themselves next week, since they're now the only team left that I want to see win this thing!

I... don't know. There's something lacking with the show for me this season. It's definitely better compared to TAR 8 and 9, but I'm not really that excited about watching it, unlike I was in the past. I'm even more addicted to Survivor this season. I never forget when that show is on, unlike TAR this year.

Maybe TAR will be fun again for me when I'm rooting for Aubrey & Jackie and Ernie & Jeena beginning this Thursday.  ;)

Offline Klaus Weasley

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 512
« Reply #50 on: Nov 08, 2006 at 11:01 AM »
Rosie O'Donnell REALLY loved David and Mary:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdwzxl1baEA

Offline jayps

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • "was blind, but now I see..."
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Nov 08, 2006 at 11:52 AM »
I... don't know. There's something lacking with the show for me this season. It's definitely better compared to TAR 8 and 9, but I'm not really that excited about watching it, unlike I was in the past. I'm even more addicted to Survivor this season. I never forget when that show is on, unlike TAR this year.

I feel the opposite, I think this is one of their best seasons, right up there with S3 and 5. I don't know I feel like the show was reinvigorated big time this season after the season 8 wreckage and the season 9 snoozefest.

And also there are rumors that Tar 11 would the All Stars. Colin and Christie and Charla and Mirna were rumored to be part of the All Stars. There are teams that are seriously pissed for not even being considered to be part of it like BJ and Tyler and Chip and Kim!

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Nov 08, 2006 at 02:11 PM »
Yup, they're visibly upset, especially on the official CBS TAR blog for this season.

The most bizarre of the All-Star rumors is that TAR4 winner Reichen will be racing not with his ex-, Chip, but with his current, N' Sync's Lance Bass.

That's just wrong on so many levels.

Offline keilu

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Nov 20, 2006 at 03:40 PM »
awww.....they got eliminated  :-[

anyways, aliw basahin yun official tar blog for episode 9. The bloggers kinda confirmed that an All Star is apparently slated for Season 11.  Also, eliminated teams pala are sequestered in a resort or hotel, so pag nauna na eliminate.....medyo matagal yun pag stay nila.

chip is posting the ins and outs of racing - or basically, what do contestants do after the race. Its a fun read.

now the teams are down to 4......

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Nov 20, 2006 at 07:53 PM »
Grr! Two different Amazing Races running simultaneously, and my favored teams on both installments get eliminated within four days of each other!

But the Chos actually deserved it. They were undoubtedly kind and good, but they weren't running their own race. They actually needed other teams to lean on along the way, or they probably wouldn't have lasted this long. They looked like lost children when the Bamas finally dumped them. It's okay to have alliances, but when it's a race to the final four, you really should know how to look out for yourself, and how to do tasks on your own.

They just... couldn't.

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #55 on: Dec 07, 2006 at 08:15 AM »
With all the talk from the other teams about how the lyns are the weaker team and how they were portrayed from the beginning as "bottom feeders", I wonder if that means this is another "Chip and Kim". I hope not; I don't like them.
« Last Edit: Dec 07, 2006 at 08:23 AM by sardaukar »

Offline jayps

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Dec 07, 2006 at 11:48 AM »
With all the talk from the other teams about how the lyns are the weaker team and how they were portrayed from the beginning as "bottom feeders", I wonder if that means this is another "Chip and Kim". I hope not; I don't like them.

Anybody but the Bamas! Karlyn is so freaking annoying, self-righteous, and just grating on the nerves. They do not deserve the title of being the first all female team to make it in the final 3.

I just love this current season. When you are rooting against the underdogs (Bama's and Cho brothers) and rooting for the Models/Addicts and Beauty Queens, you know they've made excellent choices casting the teams.

Word is that Dustin and Kandice are part of the All Stars (they did not appear on the internet show "Finish Line", which is a good sign). I would love to see them race again. But I am not thrilled with David and Mary coming back, they are so gonna ruin the urgency and suspense if they forge another alliance with another team again.

Offline jayps

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Dec 11, 2006 at 11:20 AM »
As much as I  love this season, this is the lamest Season finale of TAR ever!! What were they thinking?? But I am glad the Model/addicts won.

Few highlights:

1. Kimberly crashing in the clue box (I'm a bad person)
2. A/M finishing the fashion detour first. And Kim's retort to Rob "Babe, they were models"
3. the sight of Lynn running
4. james' dad's eyebrows. that was freaky
5. just seeing the BQ's

and BTW, Chip (Season 4) in Return of the Racers sort of cnfirmed that Amber and Rob as well as the beauty queens are in fact doing the all stars. Man!! Rob and Amber just won't stop!! But I am happy that BQ's are in the all stars. I hope it's true and not just some well orchestrated decoy.

Offline keilu

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Dec 11, 2006 at 11:28 AM »
i knew it! based on the snippets shown while the last 3 are running, the once with the biggest smile are James / Tyler :)

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Dec 12, 2006 at 01:22 AM »
Just finished the finale.

I'm just glad Bama couldn't get on the NY flight. As for the winners? The alpha males won.

Big surprise there, huh?

On to All-Stars...