Author Topic: Help w/ Divx player  (Read 736 times)

Offline alanranch

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Bakbakan na!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Help w/ Divx player
« on: Jun 22, 2006 at 08:49 PM »
Hi guys I recently bought a lexing player which is divx capable.  Weird thing is after downloading avi tracks and burning them as data dvd it wont play in my player.  Im using the correct dvd+r coz my writer says dvd+r.  I really dont know what to do anymore as I have wasted several dvdrs.  Should I reformant my avis to mpeg?  What should I look into?  THanks and hope some1 can help me out.  Cheers

Offline Alfie

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Help w/ Divx player
« Reply #1 on: Jun 23, 2006 at 03:53 PM »
Not all Lexing DVD players with a Divx logo can play Divx/Xvid or AVI files, did you check your player with a Divx/Xvid file prior to procuring it?.. Ive seen some Lexing labelled wit MP4 and Divx logo, but cannot play the simple 500 videoke songs.
Do check your burned CDs/DVDs, if they can be played in your desktop(that is if you have a Divx capable classic media player or youv'e downloaded the KLite codecs), then, it's the player that has a problem.

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Help w/ Divx player
« Reply #2 on: Jun 23, 2006 at 05:04 PM »
is this a case of false advertising?  :-[

can you tell us what happens when you try to play a disc with divx material burned onto it? what does the player tell you? does it hang? is there an error message?

BTW, have you tried using regular CDs? if the file is small enough, you can save a LOT of money by burning them onto inexpensive CD-RWs.

quick tip: from my experience, divx players seem to identify discs burned with the ISO9660 system faster. (that limits your filenames to 8 characters tho.  :-\)