Author Topic: NTC, private sector working on transition to digital TV  (Read 23364 times)

Offline ditterdi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NTC, private sector working on transition to digital TV
« Reply #90 on: Mar 25, 2007 at 03:35 AM »
Hi,

In Holland the transition to digital tv is going slow. The Netherlands ase verry densly populated so more than 90% of the houses have a cable connection. There are about 40 analog channels on the cable. The cable cie's (there are 3 big ones) would like their subscribers to go digital because they have a bandwith problem. They also offer on their cable broadband internet en telephony. So the cable cie's would like to get rid of the analog channels and are even giving away free setup boxes.
But the consumer does not want to go digital. On 1 cable connection they can hook up as many TV sets as they want. With digital cable they need a setupbox for every set in the house (and the offer to get a free box is only for 1 box). So the consumer just continues to watch analog TV on the cable. The analog transmition trough the ether has closed down, nobody has an antenna anymore.
Radio is a different story, there will be FM and AM analog radio broadcasting for a long time to come because of the radio's in cars.

Leo

Offline bachwitz

• DVD Addict
  • Musica delenit bestiam feram
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 32

Offline bachwitz

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: Jul 10, 2009 at 09:05 AM »
Its here guys...

http://www.skycable.com/page.aspx?pg=announcements&id=21

I heard from the news last night that the pilot broadcast will be on studio 23's UAAP games (maybe the opening program). I just forgot the exact date.

Offline bachwitz

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: Jul 10, 2009 at 09:15 AM »
Its here guys...

http://www.skycable.com/page.aspx?pg=announcements&id=21

I heard from the news last night that the pilot broadcast will be on studio 23's UAAP games (maybe the opening program). I just forgot the exact date.

late na pala ako, meron na pala thread about this. :P