Author Topic: Citibank and Online Shopping  (Read 1419 times)

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Citibank and Online Shopping
« on: Jun 30, 2006 at 09:11 AM »
If you've been using Citibank Mastercard for your dollar transactions in the Internet...read on..

I have been ordering R1 dvds from amazon for the past 6 months, and some R3 from yesasia for the past two months, I have two CCs that I use...BPI Mastercard and Citibank Mastercard. I was dissapointed to know na ang taas ng exchange rate ng Citibank, by as much as P2 compared to BPI.  I called up a citiphone officer, and all they could tell me was that Mastercard International was the one dictating the exchange rates.  I asked them, If that so, why does BPI Mastercard has a lower rate?  Mastercard din naman sya ah.   >:( >:( She just repeated the same answer she gave me. 

I guess i will not use my Citibank CC anymore in my internet transactions... >:(

Called up BPI hotline too, and its true that Mastercard International is the one dictating the rates....but I just cant discern why Citibank has a higher rate...

Mods..pakidelete na to...I found some threads regarding this...thanks po.. ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Jun 30, 2006 at 09:36 AM by Munskie »

Offline subtitle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • W
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Citibank and Online Shopping
« Reply #1 on: Aug 17, 2006 at 06:00 PM »
are you using your regular blue  BPI mastercard or e-credit in online transactions?

a few months ago i enrolled for e-credit for online transactions, because someone told me that you can't use your regular BPI credit card for online shopping. but i have not used the e-credit card yet. i normally use my citibank mastercard.