Author Topic: What's Your Favorite Deleted Scene?  (Read 10231 times)

Offline Komikero

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
What's Your Favorite Deleted Scene?
« on: May 25, 2001 at 08:14 PM »
Saw this thread on another forum. I thought it might be nice to have one here as well. How about it, guys?

What is your most favorite deleted scene, perhaps the one that you felt ought to have been included in the film in the first place?
« Last Edit: Apr 16, 2002 at 02:58 AM by benny »

Offline Phobos

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Forum Nazi
  • Liked:
Re: What's Your Favorite Deleted Scene?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2001 at 08:33 PM »

• All the deleted scenes included in the This Is Spinal Tap DVD.
  • The alternate ending contained in the T2: Ultimate Edition Disk.
  • The Scene in Alien that showed Tom Skeritt being used as an incubator for the Alien's eggs.
« Last Edit: Jan 01, 1970 at 08:00 AM by 1016344800 »

Offline renanj

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2001 at 08:58 PM »
A deleted scene in the movie Sixth sense.  It's the scene where the boy helped an old man.  Unfortunately, the scene was quite forward from the development of the story so they deleted it.

The scene in Armageddon wherin they showed a conversation between character of Bruce Willis and the father.

And, a scene in Gladiator where they showed christians being fed to the lions.  This scene adds to Maximus' anger before he fought the gladiator with the golden helmet.  

Offline bently

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2001 at 12:02 AM »
boogie nights....when Heather Graham took her top off ;)
.·´ `·. . ><((((º> . .·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . <º))))><
.·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . ><((((º> .·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . .
·. . .·´ `·. . .><((((º>.·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . .·´ `·. .

Offline lazy_maze

• Collector
  • You imbecile!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2001 at 12:45 AM »

Saw this thread on another forum. I thought it might be nice to have one here as well. How about it, guys?

What is your most favorite deleted scene, perhaps the one that you felt ought to have been included in the film in the first place?

For one, the deleted scene in Americam History X where the character of Stacey Keach (a racist) insults a black guy with a white woman in a cafe.

The part where he says "..now that Jane is taking Cheetah for a walk"(something like that I guess), he was referring to the white woman as Jane and the black guy as Cheetah.

I think this segment should have been included in the original release.

Makes you really want to hate him!

Offline Komikero

• Konsehal
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2001 at 03:03 AM »
My most favorite deleted scene can be found in Gattaca.  In the Lost Scenes list, it's entitled "Coda". It's a section that was supposed to have followed immediately after the movie has finished where pictures of great people throughout history are flashed, who would have never been born had genetic engineering, as shown in the movie, had always been with us.

Dudes, I tell you. I watched this section right after watching the movie and it packs a wallop. I was moved enough by the film, but this coda broke me down and left me sobbing. It should have been left in the movie because it brings it's message much harder and made it more significant because it tied into our reality.

Offline yagballs

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2001 at 05:24 AM »
And, a scene in Gladiator where they showed christians being fed to the lions.  This scene adds to Maximus' anger before he fought the gladiator with the golden helmet.  

What?! Where is this scene? Come to think of it, I have the R1 Gladiator DVD (signatory collection) and I never saw a "deleted scenes" button in the menu. Is this supposed to be on all version of Gladiator? including R3? Thanks.

Offline Komikero

• Konsehal
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2001 at 05:35 AM »
Yes, yagballs, that scene is on the DVD, R1 and R3 both. You can find it in the 2nd disc. Probably one of the best presentations of deleted scenes I've seen.   8)

Offline yagballs

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2001 at 05:42 AM »

Yes, yagballs, that scene is on the DVD, R1 and R3 both. You can find it in the 2nd disc. Probably one of the best presentations of deleted scenes I've seen.   8)

ah... oh nga no. I don't think I've fully inspected that disc. Sige, I'll try that. Thanks.

Offline Warsaw

• Collector
  • Listen to the silence...
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2001 at 02:28 AM »
My favorite deleted scenes has to be the Star Wars deleted scenes, however too bad, there are no DVD's of the trilogy available yet.
But for existing DVD's the Spiderman cameo in the X-Men Special Edition is the killer.
Listen to the silence...

Offline ßartmaniac

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Don't have a cow, man!
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Dec 17, 2001 at 07:14 AM »
bumping this thread from its looooong & deep sleep :)

my favorite deleted scenes:

Erin Brockovich - scene where Erin was in the grocery with here kids. Without money, she made up a story to the clerk/cashier so that she can steal a bottle of medicine for her sick baby.  Touching :'(

Gladiator - same as renanj's entry.  That scene where 2 kids hugging their father before the lions jumped in to feed on them.  The close-up of the kid captured his/her innocence and naiveness on what is about to happen to them.  It really struck and shocked me! I can still see the look on that kids face until now :( It's the only scene that got me REALLY affected throughout the film/DVD :'(

What Dreams May Come - the alternate ending where Chris (Robin Willams) decided to be reborn with Annie so that she can make up for her sin (committed suicide). He chose it despite he was told that he'll end up being alone later on in his 'new' life since Annie will be sickly and die early. I think that was a better ending.  More mushy and touching. :'(

Offline blitzkrieg

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Shut up!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Dec 19, 2001 at 06:25 AM »
;D My favorite deleted scene is Sandra Bullock's dance scene in MISS CONGENIALITY. It was a scene showing the candidates rehearsing for the pageant and Sandra was challenged to do her own dance routine  by the choreographer she was at loggerheads with. Really hilarious. It should have been included in the final cut. ;D

Offline Paltik

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Dec 19, 2001 at 07:28 AM »
perhaps the best deleted scene i've seen so far was from the "Aliens-Special Edition" DVD. lots of added stuff, including the very memorable scene with the "auto-gun". a robot gun which shoots using sensors. the ammo in it didnt last though, as the relentless aliens just kept on coming  :o

Offline bently

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
spoilers included!!!
« Reply #13 on: Dec 19, 2001 at 03:12 PM »
The original black and white ending of little shop of horrors that was included in the 1st pressing of the dvd.

***spoilers***
In the  deleted sending  both Audrey and Seymour was killed by the plant. then, the plant gets to fulfill its destiny by taking over the world. This ending was actually filmed and the big-budget rampage of several Audrey IIs attacking New York ala King Kong, but the studio found this to be too dark so they opted for a happy ending.

Only very few people was able to avail of this dvd since the studio had to pulled this off the shelves due to a law suit, since the film did not have the rights for the original ending, or something to that effect.

this was one of the early dvd’s that sold for more than a $100 @ ebay.

bently

.·´ `·. . ><((((º> . .·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . <º))))><
.·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . ><((((º> .·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . .
·. . .·´ `·. . .><((((º>.·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . .·´ `·. .

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #14 on: Dec 19, 2001 at 04:19 PM »

boogie nights....when Heather Graham took her top off ;)

i totally agree with that.
;D :D ;) :)

NY152

Re: spoilers included!!!
« Reply #15 on: Dec 19, 2001 at 06:28 PM »

Only very few people was able to avail of this dvd since the studio had to pulled this off the shelves due to a law suit, since the film did not have the rights for the original ending, or something to that effect.

Yup, owner David Geffen made a fuss about it.

What pisses me off was that I actually was holding a copy of that when it was first released - OMI had about 3 pieces, and I was at the shop when it was delivered to them. But it was a big shipment, and I put it down, opting for several other DVDs, thinking I could get it sometime in the future.  :-/

Offline 1ringwd4s

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • One Ring with The Force
  • Liked:
Re:What's Your Favorite Deleted Scene?
« Reply #16 on: Nov 03, 2002 at 12:13 PM »
Deleted scenes from Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones.

and something from Hollowman. :)
One Ring with The Force

Offline melkeith

• Collector
  • Still a slacker.
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Nov 03, 2002 at 10:08 PM »
The one in Orange County where Jack Black is writing an idiotic  recommendation letter to the Stanford University admissions board for his clueless brother.  Then Jack asks him, "Uh, how do you spell 'annihilator'?"

I really cracked up on that -- they should have left it in the movie.   ;D

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #18 on: Nov 04, 2002 at 08:03 AM »
Corky Romano-  the one regarding his encounter with the skinheads.  In the original release, he was already in the area without a jacket but in the deleted scenes, he was still with a jacket and it was funny when he was taking it off.  

Another deleted scene was when the Russo wanted to spar with Corky and they had some moves that were taken out from the original movie before his balls were busted!

This movie is such a riot with a high replay value! ;D

Offline Kings

• DVD Guru
  • ???
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Nov 06, 2002 at 09:44 AM »
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - extended Potions class scene (shortened for the theatrical release). Galing ni Alan Rickman doon! Reminds me of my terror profs in college! :)

Offline dexterc

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • CISCO Certified
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 252
« Reply #20 on: Nov 06, 2002 at 09:55 AM »
Kings,

Pare are the deleted scenes part ng eater eggs ng harry potter?

thanks

dex

Offline Kings

• DVD Guru
  • ???
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Nov 06, 2002 at 10:26 AM »
Pareng dex,

Nahanap ko na yung entrance ng easter eggs ng Harry Potter R1. If you go to the "Classrooms" menu (yung may Transfiguiration, Defense..., etc.) , press the down arrow on your remote until the owls on the stand are highlighted, tapos press the ENTER key two times.

Nakakalito kasi yung nasa website na tinuro mo sa akin, akala ko papasok pa ako sa Transfiguration class, nasa classroom menu pala yung  entry point ng deleted scenes.

Hope you find it! :)

Offline dexterc

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • CISCO Certified
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Nov 06, 2002 at 10:31 AM »
Kings,

Thanks bro...di ko pa nga napapanood yung disc 2  ng harry potter ko..

dex

Offline Kings

• DVD Guru
  • ???
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Nov 06, 2002 at 12:34 PM »
Kings,

Thanks bro...di ko pa nga napapanood yung disc 2  ng harry potter ko..

dex

no prob :)

Offline TomKat

• Apprentice
  • KLATU! VERATA! NIK-cough-cough!
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Nov 22, 2002 at 12:28 AM »
My favorite deleted scene is that scene in Superman where Supes and Jor-El were talking about his purpose in life, etc.

Offline Flyboy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • I feel the need...the NEED for SPEED!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Dec 02, 2002 at 07:26 PM »
LOTR:Fotr-Extended edition - scene where Galadriel gave her gifts to each members of the Fellowship...this will play a major role throughout the series, upcoming 2 towers & Return of the KING..for all those who already read the book...you'll surely agree with me. ;)
I feel the need....the need for speed...

Offline keilu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • sōten ni zase Hyōrinmaru
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Dec 12, 2002 at 11:43 PM »
dex & kings, were you able to find the alternate entrance to the deleted scenes in harry potter? it made me crazy coz you have to answer the questions re: potions.  you enter it thru snapes class potions and then jaz click on the bottle and you will be asked three questions. you have to get the answers correctly in order for you to proceed to the key chase sequence.  ;)

also, my fave deleted scenes from LOTR is the one where the fellowship were banned from proceeding further in Galadriel's forest - and of course, the presentation of the gifts of galadriel - esp the one for gimli son of gloin coz it will explain the later feelings of gimli for the elves.  :P

Offline dexterc

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • CISCO Certified
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Dec 13, 2002 at 06:57 AM »
dex & kings, were you able to find the alternate entrance to the deleted scenes in harry potter? it made me crazy coz you have to answer the questions re: potions.  you enter it thru snapes class potions and then jaz click on the bottle and you will be asked three questions. you have to get the answers correctly in order for you to proceed to the key chase sequence.  ;)

also, my fave deleted scenes from LOTR is the one where the fellowship were banned from proceeding further in Galadriel's forest - and of course, the presentation of the gifts of galadriel - esp the one for gimli son of gloin coz it will explain the later feelings of gimli for the elves.  :P

Keilu,

Thanks to bro kings..if he didnt help me i may not be able to access those deleted scenes.
« Last Edit: Dec 13, 2002 at 06:58 AM by dexterc »

Offline Kings

• DVD Guru
  • ???
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Dec 13, 2002 at 02:31 PM »
dex,

pasalamat ka sa anak ko kasi kung hindi niya ako kinulit hanapin, di ko talaga pinagtiyagaan hanapin yon. :)

Offline dexterc

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • CISCO Certified
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Dec 13, 2002 at 03:18 PM »
Cheers to your kid bro kings...ngayon yung eater eggs ng Speed 5 star collection at yung iba sa die hard with a vengeance naman ang hinahanap ko..pero upto now  din ko  pa rin makita yung ibang eggs  ??? ???