Author Topic: MY HARMAN KARDON AVR-130 DTS PROBLEM  (Read 1137 times)

Offline sight

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • _
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
MY HARMAN KARDON AVR-130 DTS PROBLEM
« on: Jul 10, 2006 at 02:22 PM »

I have a Harman Kardon AVR-130 at home. My DVD player is attached on the DVD input (S-Video & Coaxial cable for audio) of the receiver, no problem with that. I can play movies on both DOLBY & DTS format which is great but whenever I attached another DVD player on another input socket of the receiver, lets say VIDEO/AUDIO 3, this time on the newly attached DVD player, DTS doesn't work. I tried 2 different DTS enabled DVD player, still not working. Sound will only work if I try to play the movie on DOLBY format. And everytime I pick DTS, no sound comes out at all but the video works.

At first I thought maybe I did not assign the type of Audio connection on the reciever properly, i.e. 'Opt' for optical cable or 'COAX' if its coaxial cable. I tried checking it over-and-over and this is not the problem.

I would like to stress that this only happends on extra DVD players that I attach because on the parent DVD player that is attached on the 'DVD input' of the receiver, DTS is working fine. I even tried to swapt the DVD players, just in case but the other two worked fine so I can say it not the player or the 'input socket'. What's left is configuration problem I guess, maybe I'm doing somthing wrong or something I'm missing to do.

Hope you guys could help. Thanks in advance.

SYT
« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2006 at 02:22 PM by sight »

Offline sight

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • _
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
_
« Reply #1 on: Jul 16, 2006 at 04:16 PM »
To the moderators,

Please remove this topic, thanks.