Author Topic: Limited edition DVDs  (Read 1197 times)

Offline halfbaked

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Limited edition DVDs
« on: Jul 13, 2006 at 06:51 PM »
Hey Guys!

Question, are limited edition DVDs losing value? I checked ebay, and it seems that the prices are going down. For example, now you can buy the Alien head for $100 bucks now. Would it be wise to keep buying LEs? What do you guys think?

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: Limited edition DVDs
« Reply #1 on: Jul 13, 2006 at 07:13 PM »
Its probably because of the advent of new formats like Blu-Ray & HD Dvd. Even the prices of dvds are getting low.

I'm not really a hardcore collector bro, but if I were you, I'll stop buying LE's for a while.

Offline hemisphere

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
Re: Limited edition DVDs
« Reply #2 on: Jul 13, 2006 at 09:49 PM »
not exactly true. for perspective, Alien Head has 2 versions: the japanese and the world release (R2UK/R4). the japanese has more extras like kubricks and all. please post if the item for bid is the japanese release. at $100, no true collector would let go of this HTF and most sough-after set.

the decline in consumer purchase is directly related to economic reason and not because of the advent of HDDVD/Bluray. dvd category still holds majority of the share in terms of sales. in fact, markets all over the world still enjoy superlative dvds support and patronage. in the Philippines, the scenario is quite different.

i would suggest that you still buy LE's at this point and continue to grow your collection.

8)

« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2006 at 09:56 PM by hemisphere »