Author Topic: Help on Plasma Screens  (Read 1307 times)

Offline manunited

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Help on Plasma Screens
« on: Aug 03, 2006 at 11:04 AM »
Hi guys I'm about to purchase a 50" Pioneer Plasma.  I have a complete Rotel / B&W set up so you can imagine the video and audio qualityi'll be getting.  My worry thou is I am planning to use my plasma for my Xbox 360, I have researched on this topic and got so many conflicting information.  Does anyone here have first hand experience in owning and using plasma for video games, if so please give me feedback i'd really appreciate it.

Offline ericag_ph

• DVD Addict
  • Oompa Loompas rule!!
  • Liked:
Re: Help on Plasma Screens
« Reply #1 on: Aug 03, 2006 at 04:56 PM »
This is not enough, but I can contribute this:  I saw a plasma TV (Hitachi) that's been in use 8hrs a day x 7 days a week (like how gamers like to play), and because the movie didn't occupy the entire screen (black bars at top and bottom), there is now a permanent "burned in" image of the black bars on the TV.  On a totally white image display, the black bars would appear as "a darker shade of white".  It's a typical problem on plasmas....that's why I'm planning on LCD (problem here are dead pixels). What's tempting about plasma is the fact they have larger screen sizes than LCD. On a side note the Hitachi has a feature that prevents burn-in (apparently didn't work so well in this case) by "refreshing" the pixel every few seconds or so. 

Hi guys I'm about to purchase a 50" Pioneer Plasma.  I have a complete Rotel / B&W set up so you can imagine the video and audio qualityi'll be getting.  My worry thou is I am planning to use my plasma for my Xbox 360, I have researched on this topic and got so many conflicting information.  Does anyone here have first hand experience in owning and using plasma for video games, if so please give me feedback i'd really appreciate it.
« Last Edit: Aug 03, 2006 at 04:59 PM by ericag_ph »

Offline Eric S.

• Apprentice
  • Etong Iyo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Aug 06, 2006 at 07:40 AM »
  I play the 360 on my Panny 42" plasma...almost  4 hours a day. Plasma sets r known to have burn-in issues but once u get ur set, take it down from "torch" mode and u should be fine. I did that the moment it arrived.

Offline manunited

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Aug 07, 2006 at 11:49 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  How's the screen resolution and clarity?  If you were given a choice would you have gone with an LCD or stick to the plasma?