Author Topic: Fashion Reality Shows  (Read 2546 times)

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Fashion Reality Shows
« on: Aug 07, 2006 at 06:49 PM »
... my current reality show fix 'til the regular ones come back.

the janice dickinson modelling agency

i know, i know... it's from the oxygen network... but man, janice crazy as a cuckoo. LOL... you can watch the  8th and most recent episode in it's entirety online here (you'll need quicktime):

http://www.donedhardy.com/popups/news/JaniceDickenson.html

« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2006 at 03:42 PM by Phobos »

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Favorite Reality Show!
« Reply #1 on: Aug 08, 2006 at 02:56 AM »
... my current reality show fix 'til the regular ones come back.

the janice dickinson modelling agency

i know, i know... it's from the oxygen network... but man, janice crazy as a cuckoo. LOL... you can watch the  8th and most recent episode in it's entirety online here (you'll need quicktime):

http://www.donedhardy.com/popups/news/JaniceDickenson.html

I'm curently getting this for my wife, along with the Second and third seasons of Project Runway and the first Project Catwalk. She needs a crash course in fashion and surprisingly the project runway/catwalk shows are actually teaching her a lot!

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Aug 08, 2006 at 03:47 AM »
^ lol... and janice is probably entertaining the hell outta her. she's like a nuttier melanie marquez. heh heh.

"eat your heart out, tyra!"... LOL.
« Last Edit: Aug 08, 2006 at 03:47 AM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm a paranoid schizophrenic. I am an entourage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Aug 08, 2006 at 07:36 AM »
^ I love Janice and her show! She's crazy and she knows it, that's why I love her a lot. Konting gossip lang --- magkaaway na ba sila ni Tyra? ;D

surprisingly the project runway/catwalk shows are actually teaching her a lot!

I wasn't too fond of these models/fashion Reality shows at first, but I did learn a lot from Project Runway, catching it one time on ETC. Now I'm catching up. I'm way past the "conniving-and-the-backstabbing-period" (Survivor, Big Brother) and am liking the "conniving-and-the-backstabbing-where-I-pick-something-up-about-the-biz-as-well"  ;D (except for Apprentice, I tuned out after Season 2).

Ruffa is doing the local Top Model on RPN 9, by the way. <cue violent reactions here>  ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 08, 2006 at 07:37 AM by CrUzAC[k]H »

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Aug 08, 2006 at 08:10 AM »
^ I love Janice and her show! She's crazy and she knows it, that's why I love her a lot. Konting gossip lang --- magkaaway na ba sila ni Tyra? ;D

i don't think so... with janice's ego, i was pretty sure she'd eventually leave ANTM. someone like her could only play second fiddle to tyra for so long. LOL. it's no secret tho that janice was exceptionally difficult to work with during ANTM... she frequently crossed swords with the almost equally flamboyant nolee marin.

if you're following the show on ETC... both of them will be gone by cycle 5... janice is replaced by the MUCH TAMER twiggy... the original "waif". LOL... (i was secretly hoping they'd dig up paulina porizkova-ocasek instead.)

I wasn't too fond of these models/fashion Reality shows at first, but I did learn a lot from Project Runway, catching it one time on ETC. Now I'm catching up. I'm way past the "conniving-and-the-backstabbing-period" (Survivor, Big Brother) and am liking the "conniving-and-the-backstabbing-where-I-pick-something-up-about-the-biz-as-well"  ;D (except for Apprentice, I tuned out after Season 2).

project runway is cool... tho a LOT of people wonder if some of the contestants are "plants" to attract a wider audience. for example ... that ponytailed jock in season one who obviously can't design if his life depended on it. LOL. the drama this season is interesting tho... the whole getting kicked out fiasco was quite a surprise.

Ruffa is doing the local Top Model on RPN 9, by the way. <cue violent reactions here>  ;D

noooooo... can't they have gotten someone with more cred?? like tweety de leon or joey mead?
« Last Edit: Aug 08, 2006 at 08:12 AM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Aug 08, 2006 at 11:46 AM »
project runway is cool... tho a LOT of people wonder if some of the contestants are "plants" to attract a wider audience. for example ... that ponytailed jock in season one who obviously can't design if his life depended on it. LOL. the drama this season is interesting tho... the whole getting kicked out fiasco was quite a surprise.

Also, one wonders how some people who can't sew are in the show. The latest season's episodes without Michael Kors has resulted in some of the show's WTF eliminations. Still in a season where TAR seems vulnerable, I'm rooting for this show at the Emmys!
Clear eyes, full hearts can't lose!

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Aug 08, 2006 at 05:55 PM »

Uggghhh... my no. 3 most hated celebrity after Kris Aquino and Corina Sanchez... magpapakaarte lang ito eh! Baka kaillangan niya ng pambayad sa BIR...  I would've chosen someone with more credibility as a model who could give pointers and advice based on experience like Tweety de Leon nga... 

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Aug 08, 2006 at 06:18 PM »
plus... ruffa is an actress who happens to model in few instances... i would probably be less critical if they chose a REAL model who happens to do some acting on the side.  >:(

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Aug 08, 2006 at 06:24 PM »
Ruffa is doing the local Top Model on RPN 9, by the way. <cue violent reactions here> 

She should be the host of a new reality show "Manila's Next Gold Digger".

She wasn't even a model so she shouldn't even get the gig. I foresee Tina Maristela as possessing the cred and the personality to bring that show to life. Or if they can convince her to go back -- Bessie Badilla. Now Bessie, is a great host and could be quite kooky too.
« Last Edit: Aug 08, 2006 at 06:26 PM by indie boi »

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Aug 08, 2006 at 06:30 PM »
i don't think so... with janice's ego, i was pretty sure she'd eventually leave ANTM. someone like her could only play second fiddle to tyra for so long. LOL. it's no secret tho that janice was exceptionally difficult to work with during ANTM... she frequently crossed swords with the almost equally flamboyant nolee marin.

From what my wife was told by the "fashionistas" at Metro and Chalk mag, Janice was fired and was replaced by Twiggy. That is where the bad blood comes from. I read one interview where Janice was actually bad mouthing Top Model after she got booted out. She basically said that no alum from the show will ever be a top model and that Tyra is too much of a goody two shoes (and she meant that in a bad way).

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Aug 08, 2006 at 06:34 PM »

She wasn't even a model so she shouldn't even get the gig. I foresee Tina Maristela as possessing the cred and the personality to bring that show to life. Or if they can convince her to go back -- Bessie Badilla. Now Bessie, is a great host and could be quite kooky too.

Yeah... my wife and I found Bessie Badilla absolutely funny when she was a guest on Ariel Urreta's show... very kooky and down to earth indeed!

Ruffa was a great model... in Brunei  ;D ;D of course "model" is a term used very loosely there...  ;)

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Aug 08, 2006 at 06:48 PM »
From what my wife was told by the "fashionistas" at Metro and Chalk mag, Janice was fired and was replaced by Twiggy. That is where the bad blood comes from. I read one interview where Janice was actually bad mouthing Top Model after she got booted out. She basically said that no alum from the show will ever be a top model and that Tyra is too much of a goody two shoes (and she meant that in a bad way).

ooooh... so it WAS true... i heard about the bad-mouthing... but i figured it was just a bad rumor. LOL.

funny thing is... janice's "stable" has a few reality show rejects... non-winners from ANTM and manhunt. to be fair tho, she's right...  even if they get ragular work or become fodder for tabloids, none of the winners have actually reached "top model" status.

even the 2nd placers are getting the short end of the stick. the runner-up in cycle 4 (kahlen) isn't even modelling anymore. she's a bartender now. same with the runner-up in cycle 3... the blonde annie lennox look-alike who is legally blind... she can't even find an agency to represent her. these poor gals seem to have been given a LOT of false hopes.  :-[

nice call regarding tina maristela... but don't you find her "on screen" persona a bit ... um, wooden? if they ever decide to put together a panel... i'd love to see bessie padilla in it. (not as a host tho... she's a little too "senior".) ... and maybe raymund isaac or jun de leon as the photographer in the panel...  ;)

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Aug 08, 2006 at 10:08 PM »
I've been trying to find news about that cycle 3 runner up, Amanda, because I've got a big crush on her. Spiff, can you point me to the articles where you've read about what she's been up to?

I think Tina would be a good host. She's quite articulate and as for the wooden persona, that could be creatively edited out, hehe. Bessie though should be in the panel as well as the mercurial Jun de Leon. My wife tells me he's got a huge temper.

funny thing about PRoject Runway though, it reminds me of my childhood. My mom used to make clothes for a living so I'm quite familiar with the techniques and the fabrics. Sometimes, I even have to explain to my wife the differences in texture of charmoose and jersey, that I would usually get a funny look from my wife, hehe.

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Aug 08, 2006 at 10:22 PM »
I've been trying to find news about that cycle 3 runner up, Amanda, because I've got a big crush on her. Spiff, can you point me to the articles where you've read about what she's been up to?

she looks awesome in that pic...  :P

amanda swafford is on live journal and myspace ... so i didn't read any articles... i got them from the woman herself. heh heh.

she's quite candid in her blog... and it's engaging to read because she's quite articulate. (she aspires to be a writer pala.)

her myspace account: http://www.myspace.com/missfreakyeyes

her livejournal account: http://amanda-swafford.livejournal.com/
« Last Edit: Aug 08, 2006 at 10:27 PM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Aug 14, 2006 at 03:57 PM »

I've got a humongous crush on Project Runway Season 3's Alison Kelly. Yum!!

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Aug 17, 2006 at 05:43 AM »
A gossipy Runway producer hints in an interview with Ralph Fiennes (who's apparently a big Runway fan) that two designers last season may have hooked up.

Even yummier pics of Alison in a hilarious recap of last week's episode.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Aug 18, 2006 at 10:06 AM »
Now, all I have to see of Alison are her pics... too bad. Vincent the weirdo should've been kicked out instead.

Offline Phobos

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Forum Nazi
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Aug 18, 2006 at 01:32 PM »
I think the show you guys are talking about needs its own separate thread. I'd split all pertaining posts to make such a thread, but I'm confused as to what show you guys are talking about. Is it Project Runway or some sort of mutation? What?

[EDIT]:

Turns out you guys were talking about two shows. I've split into a single thread because I can't tell where the discussion of one ends, and the other begins.
« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2006 at 02:28 PM by Phobos »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: Janice Dickinson & Project Runway
« Reply #18 on: Aug 18, 2006 at 03:23 PM »
Hehehe... I actually just logged on to try to split this thread from the "Favorite Reality Show" group topic.

Although I was thinking more along the lines of "America's Next Top Model, Project Runway & other Fashion Reality Shows." Too long!

I've never seen any, though. Will start Janice Dickinson next week.

Off to work...
« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2006 at 03:27 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline Phobos

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Forum Nazi
  • Liked:
Re: Janice Dickinson & Project Runway
« Reply #19 on: Aug 18, 2006 at 03:40 PM »
Fashion Reality Shows?

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
Project Runway
« Reply #20 on: Aug 22, 2006 at 03:21 PM »
Now, all I have to see of Alison are her pics... too bad. Vincent the weirdo should've been kicked out instead.

Even Tim Gunn was ticked by that outrageous elimination. Angela has been influenced by Laura and Michael and might stay longer. Vincent seems to have the blessing of the producers to provide more kookiness and drama.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: Fashion Reality Shows
« Reply #21 on: Aug 23, 2006 at 09:18 AM »
Here's a funny parody of Project Runway.

http://www.oldeenglish.org/podcast/project-runway

By the way, I just read that Ralph Fiennes is a big fan of the show.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Sep 21, 2006 at 10:35 AM »
Olympus Fashion Week just ended last week. The Final Four are Angela, Jeffrey, Michael and Uli.

Season One winner Jay McCarroll finally showed off his post show collection last week too. For those who did not know this, Jay did not accept the prize for winning Project Runway. He said that he did not want to be tied down by the strings attached to the prize and opted to go his own way.

Other past PR contestants that showed collections in Fashion Week were Malan Breton and Daniel Franco.

Obvious ba na big fan? hehe.

Offline sungit

• Konsehal
  • DVD Guru
  • I'm a level 5 vegan.
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Sep 22, 2006 at 04:36 PM »
my god indie. were you gay in your past life? joke joke joke! seriosuly i love a man who appreciates Top Model and Runway. it's such a microcosm of women's lives -- the cattiness, the competitiveness. i love it.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Sep 22, 2006 at 04:43 PM »
Sungit, I prefer the term metrosexual, hahaha!

Seriously, though, I was raised by my mom who made custom made dresses and wedding gowns for a living -- so the fascination was there from the very beginning. You might be surprised if I tell you that my summer job when I was in High School was to put beading on wedding gowns.

Now that my mom lives with me it has become our bonding ritual to watch Project Runway together hehe. Next Top Model, on the other hand, is religiously watched together with my wife. Weird no?

Anyway, I've got too much testosterone to really turn gay, thank god. ;D

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Sep 26, 2006 at 09:38 PM »

There are accusations that Jeffrey Sebelia cheated. Read on...

Jeffrey Sebelia has been investigated for cheating on the runway collection he presented at Fashion Week. Laura “Bennett told the producers she believed Sebelia had outsourced his sewing—which would disqualify him,” according to New York magazine.

Tim Gunn tells the magazine, “We took the accusation very seriously, and we did a very intense and thorough investigation.”

Laura’s accusation came after Tim Gunn “visited Sebelia in L.A.” and found him with what Tim describes as “a lot of work to do.” That news, according to New York magazine, “reached Bennett, whose mother had met and become friendly with Sebelia’s mother.” She made her accusation when she saw Jeffrey’s “miraculously finished collection.”

What happened? “Bravo would not allow him to reveal the resolution,” it reports, and it will apparently be dealt with on TV as part of the finale. Tim did say, however, that “His collection was very ambitious. I wasn’t born yesterday.”

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Sep 27, 2006 at 05:45 AM »
This news item could confirm that the final three are indeed Laura, Michael and Jeffrey.

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Sep 28, 2006 at 05:40 AM »

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Oct 13, 2006 at 05:52 PM »
I can't believe the ending for this week's episode of Project Runway! Through very clever editing the producers may have made the cliffhanger ending of the year. I can't wait for next thursday and the finale episode.

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Jan 19, 2007 at 06:10 PM »
Jeffrey Sebelia’s Elle Magazine Spread

I found it underwhelming. 'Though Marilinda still looks gorgeous.