Author Topic: The best LCD TV right now in the Philippines?..  (Read 15121 times)

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The best LCD TV right now in the Philippines?..
« Reply #60 on: Mar 21, 2007 at 07:54 AM »
Bravia 32S200A daw yun.  SRP P89,990 on the Sony Phil website.

BTW, I've seen the Toshiba LCD, and it's not good.  Mas maganda di hamak ang Bravia, Samsung and the new Aquos models.   

Noted. S-series pala.  I haven't demoed or seen the specs of either to compare.  But because the S series is a low-cost entry model line up, and as usual for a SONY brand, it may be overpriced compared to a similar Toshiba.  But the Tosh I saw is about half its SRP.  Now if they are selling the Bravia at 49T, then that's most welcome .   ;D
« Last Edit: Mar 21, 2007 at 07:55 AM by av_phile1 »

Offline paolorenzo

• Trade Count: (+684)
  • DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #61 on: Mar 21, 2007 at 10:15 AM »
BTW, I've seen the Toshiba LCD, and it's not good.  Mas maganda di hamak ang Bravia, Samsung and the new Aquos models.   

Talaga?  :( Is this the new Regza 100Hz models already (MetaBrain Pro 100)?  I was eyeing this pa naman, kasi reviews are good.  Iba talaga first hand experience.  Hirap lang mag-demo kasi wala naman cable reception sa mga showroom...   :(

The new Sharp Aquos models are really getting cheaper!  At par kaya yung mga nnBX5M models to the Japan units?  Assembled in Indonesia na (yata) kasi ang mga Aquos units ngayon.

Lapit na talaga ang upgrade...  I can smell it.   ;D

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: Mar 21, 2007 at 01:17 PM »
Regza ang nakita ko sa showroom demo at Western Marketing, 1st week of this month, but I don't know if has the spec you described. 

Picture is soft, colors are bad, black levels are gray.  Baka naman hindi ayos ang setup.  Pero as you say, iba talaga pag eyeball test na.

Sa Aquos naman, tumitingin ako last year, mahal pero hindi rin maganda.  Pero nakita ko yung bagong model (40" yata) sa showroom last Sunday lang, grabe ang improvement sa bago ngayon, parang plasma na ang picture.  Of course, high def source ang demo, not standard DVD.
« Last Edit: Mar 21, 2007 at 01:25 PM by barrister »

Offline Ferl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Thats me!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Mar 24, 2007 at 07:41 AM »
sir how about the brands like

1. beac
2. acer
3. benq

for the 32 inch? any comment on these brands at anong mga encounters nyo d2.gagamitin ko po sana sa ht set up ko.

Offline tediber

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: Mar 25, 2007 at 06:14 PM »
acer and benq are very popular brands in taiwan .... and major manufacturers of pc equiptments as well as LCD monitors

beac i've never heard of

Offline jcb

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Mar 29, 2007 at 04:05 PM »
Talaga?  :( Is this the new Regza 100Hz models already (MetaBrain Pro 100)?  I was eyeing this pa naman, kasi reviews are good.  Iba talaga first hand experience.  Hirap lang mag-demo kasi wala naman cable reception sa mga showroom...   :(

The new Sharp Aquos models are really getting cheaper!  At par kaya yung mga nnBX5M models to the Japan units?  Assembled in Indonesia na (yata) kasi ang mga Aquos units ngayon.

Lapit na talaga ang upgrade...  I can smell it.   ;D

Do you know that every Samsung LCD that person buy there are 15 persons buying a Toshiba LCD TV. This is a fact from a reliable source. Now you tell me who has a better brand. As you are aware of, Toshiba LCD are from Japan technology. I can honestly say that the Regza models are brilliant in colors and has excellent features compared to other LCD out there.

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Mar 29, 2007 at 04:07 PM »
sir how about the brands like

1. beac
2. acer
3. benq

for the 32 inch? any comment on these brands at anong mga encounters nyo d2.gagamitin ko po sana sa ht set up ko.

there is a benq 32 orr was it 37 inch 1080p lcd tv now that is very popular now in taiwan.

acer, isnt bad in the lcd monitor market.. but nothing extra-ordinarily special in the lcd tv.

beac.... no comment
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you did anything at all..." - God, from the Simpsons

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Mar 29, 2007 at 04:23 PM »
Do you know that every Samsung LCD that person buy there are 15 persons buying a Toshiba LCD TV. This is a fact from a reliable source. Now you tell me who has a better brand. As you are aware of, Toshiba LCD are from Japan technology. I can honestly say that the Regza models are brilliant in colors and has excellent features compared to other LCD out there.

i would like to note that more ppl buying toshiba does not necessarily equate to it being the better brand.. its just means it maybe more popular, definetly more affordable and probably more effectively marketed.

"Toshiba LCD are from Japan technology" - ....please dont get caught up with such an abused marketing line...

as for the Regza models-wise, the 68 is really a good model if they could price it more competitively in the local market.

the 66 series, i personally consider it to be the equivalent of the samsung sonoma series. both series can be had at roughly the same price if you know how look.
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you did anything at all..." - God, from the Simpsons

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #68 on: Mar 29, 2007 at 04:56 PM »
So the best seller brands are SONY, Toshiba, Aquos & Samsung?

At times, it's hard to discern which brand offers better picture quality as the stores normally don't use the best video source, some poorly connected using composite cables & also not properly calibrated.  :-[

Few days ago I noticed a store advertising its 42" HD display & HD player but using a normal DVD source for demo.... ???

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Mar 29, 2007 at 04:59 PM »
So the best seller brands are SONY, Toshiba, Aquos & Samsung?

At times, it's hard to discern which brand offers better picture quality as the stores normally don't use the best video source, some poorly connected using composite cables & also not properly calibrated.  :-[

Few days ago I noticed a store advertising its 42" HD display & HD player but using a normal DVD source for demo.... ???

you could add philips and hitachi into the mix i guess...

try to focues more, on which model provides the best quality within your budget :P

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #70 on: Mar 29, 2007 at 05:09 PM »
you could add philips and hitachi into the mix i guess...
try to focues more, on which model provides the best quality within your budget :P

Yep forgot about Philips but Hitachi will be out from my list (somehow it doesn't click me :-X )

Hmm...that's the problem.. I loves the models that provide the best quality but always NOT within my budget ;D

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Mar 29, 2007 at 05:25 PM »
Yep forgot about Philips but Hitachi will be out from my list (somehow it doesn't click me :-X )

Hmm...that's the problem.. I loves the models that provide the best quality but always NOT within my budget ;D

amen
same here  ;D

Offline Kratos

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Apr 05, 2007 at 01:46 PM »
Somebody gave me some info that 32" Samsung R71 here in Dubai is on sale for about 2,000 AED (1AED=P13) So, more or less its only 30K pesos max. Im going there later to check if this is true and probably get 1, para makabawi man lang. Bad trip i bought pa naman my R71 last year for 5,500AED. In a span of less than a year, its down to more than half of its original price. :'(

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose IƱigo!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #73 on: Apr 05, 2007 at 02:58 PM »
came from SM Appliance Center yesterday... was told that the Samsung R81B or Bordeaux Plus will be out soon... its supposed to be light years better than the R71B (ex 8000:1 Contrast)... The 32" is priced at 99k but the salesman told me that you get 25k off if you are a cash buyer...  ;D
« Last Edit: Apr 05, 2007 at 02:58 PM by jeckjeck »

Offline scorer

• Apprentice
  • Go Steelers!
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Apr 05, 2007 at 04:17 PM »
mura nun ah.. astig ang R8, 8000:1 contrast ration and 3 3 HDMI inputs.

Offline tambutsoo

• Collector
  • YO Wazzup :)
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Apr 20, 2007 at 10:48 AM »
guys matanong lang po ok po ba Samsung 40R71BX? tnx

Offline dvh

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Apr 24, 2007 at 10:16 PM »
Brods,

I'm looking for 32" LCD and I found this kanina lang.  Kindly check the specs and tell me if its a good buy or not:

JVC LT-Z32EX6
- 20 Watts RMS output
- computer controlled fastext
- supplied with tabletop stand
- see thru bitmas OSD (english, chinese, russian, french, arabic, thai, vietnam, ukarainian, spanish)
- terminals: HDMI - 1, component IN - 2, S-Video IN - 1, AV-IN - 2, AV-OUT - 1, PC IN - 1, Headphone - 1
- 32 bits
- w-xga (1366 x 768) pixels
- HDMI input
- HD compatibiility (1080i 50/60hz, 720p 50/60hz,
- integrated DIST (digital image scaling technology)
- 1 tuner PAP (picture and picture)
- 12 multi picture
- picture and text dual screen
- front 2 oblique cone speakers
- cinema turbo (cinema surround)
- active hyper bass
- tone correction

2 shops is offering this to me with the ff: cost and package
- HD Compatibility (1080i 50/60Hz, 720p 50/60Hz)
W-XGA (1366 x 768 pixels)
HDMI Input
Integrated D.I.S.T. (Digital Image Scaling Technology) System
1-tuner PAP (Picutre-and-Picture)
12 Multi Picutre
Picture & Text Dual Screen
Front 2 Oblique Cone Speakers
Cinema Turbo (Cinema Surround)
AHB (Active Hyper Bass)
Tone Correction
Computer Controlled Fastext

2 shops offering me this LCD with this price and package:
- 66,500 24 months 0% interest with free home theater (DVD with speakers) - i really dont need the package coz i have HT setup already
- 69,999 24 month 0% interest with free 21 inch flat TV

is it a good buy?  i browsed the internet and found out that there's no other lcd tv manufacturer that has 32 bits other than this LCD (JVC). 

Kindly give your feedback coz i intend to buy this LCD this week.

regards,
denis

Offline antski

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: Apr 25, 2007 at 09:57 AM »
why not try the Samsung 32" R81B ? I just got one and I'm very satisfied with it. got it for 65k only. plus 5k for Samsung HT.

Offline Fait

• Collector
  • Self Made Young Millionaire
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Apr 25, 2007 at 11:34 AM »
why not try the Samsung 32" R81B ? I just got one and I'm very satisfied with it. got it for 65k only. plus 5k for Samsung HT.
When and where did you buy it sir? :)

Offline dvh

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: Apr 25, 2007 at 12:34 PM »
antski,

comparable ba yung features and specs ng samsung r18 sa jvc lt-z32ex6?  kasi ang highlight ng specs ng jvc e 32bits yung processor and between 20-10millisec per frame ang refresh to reduce motion blurring.

regards,
denis

Offline antski

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Apr 25, 2007 at 02:05 PM »
When and where did you buy it sir? :)

Got it from Abenson-Waltermart E. Rodriguez branch.

Offline paolorenzo

• DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: Apr 25, 2007 at 09:08 PM »
antski,

comparable ba yung features and specs ng samsung r18 sa jvc lt-z32ex6?  kasi ang highlight ng specs ng jvc e 32bits yung processor and between 20-10millisec per frame ang refresh to reduce motion blurring.

regards,
denis

For me, JVC after sales service is enough reason to stay away from their products.  There's a separate thread out there, which describes the horror of some of our peers.

From the current crop of LCD TVs (entry-level), the Aquos has the fastest refresh rates I know of (6ms).  Also, the model you mentioned only had 1 HDMI input.

Tama sila, looks like the R81B seems to be the best bang-for-the-buck out there.

Offline dvh

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: Apr 25, 2007 at 09:49 PM »
paolorenzo,

thanks for this info.  i'll go to abenson and/or anson to ask around for r81b.  if i can see a good offer for r81b i might buy it tomorrow.

regards,
denis

Offline Fait

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: Apr 26, 2007 at 06:13 AM »
paolorenzo,

thanks for this info.  i'll go to abenson and/or anson to ask around for r81b.  if i can see a good offer for r81b i might buy it tomorrow.

regards,
denis
You may want to try Ambassador at Virra Mall (3rd Floor)

They offered me the R81B for 57k only (hehe or tell them it was offered to you around 55k.) without the HT. Tell them that was there offer last Sunday, try haggling it more - im sure  you can still get  a better price for it.

Goodluck. :)

Offline dvh

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: Apr 26, 2007 at 05:52 PM »
paolorenzo,

yung price ba na 57 or 55 e pde sa 24 months 0% interest?

Offline Fait

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: Apr 26, 2007 at 06:07 PM »
paolorenzo,

yung price ba na 57 or 55 e pde sa 24 months 0% interest?
I think upto 18 months only.

Offline dvh

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: Apr 26, 2007 at 08:26 PM »
uy 57 or 55 at 18months 0% not bad.  coz i was in ansons in makati the best that they can offer me is 65K at 24 months 0% int.

also guys, if i will push thru with it anybody already tried using hdmi dvd player with autoscale upgrade to 1080i? and ano ang itsura ok ba?

Offline hubes

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #87 on: Apr 26, 2007 at 08:36 PM »
I think yun 55 / 57k is applicable for cash purchase only.

Offline paolorenzo

• DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: Apr 27, 2007 at 07:52 AM »
The only deal mentioned with the 18-months is that given by vtec3 (see other thread).  However, that turned out to be a hoax (na-hoax siya nung sales rep).

To get the unit at 55-57k cash, you can go to AsiaStreak (look for his post at the Marketplace section).  Or you can haggle with Ambassador, as mentioned by Fait.

Offline dvh

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: Apr 28, 2007 at 10:31 AM »
guys,

i decided and bought yesterday the ff:
   - R18 at 65K 24 months 0% int
   - pioneer dvd player dv-490v with hdmi output that automatically upscale to 1080 the video output of the ordinary dvd source from 480. i got this for 6.2 cash

i bought them in anson parksquare.  so far ok naman performance and i was able to compare the upscaling functionality of the pioneer when i connected it thru hdmi to lcd and then i connected by philips 642 and use it as PIP and mas mataas talaga ang kayang ibato ng pioner due to hdmi.

yun nga lang kasi ang pioneer e dts out lang while yung phiips 642 e may dts decoder pero oks rin lang kasi yung AV receiver ko naman e may dts decoder na rin.

burn-in period pa lang....

denis.