Author Topic: Survivor Cook Islands  (Read 8781 times)

Offline dni

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Survivor Cook Islands
« Reply #60 on: Dec 03, 2006 at 11:55 PM »
yeah...  and Yul will have a better chance of winning if he brings Jonathan to the final 2...  pero parang malabo din umabot si Jonathan sa final 2.  just my opinion :)

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: Dec 04, 2006 at 09:27 AM »
Remember Mutineers will die, eventhough, the Muntineers didn't die first...I believe that the Aitu 4 will be the Final 4...Yul is just playing around with Jonathan, Yul won't bring Jonathan with him into the Final 2/3, plus, just like I posted before -- there's a debate on whether it's a Final 2 or Final 3 that will face the jury... ;)

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #62 on: Dec 04, 2006 at 10:52 AM »
Oh I really doubt if Yul will bring Jonathan to the Final Two, despite that little speech of his. His Becky bond seems a lot tighter, and there's serious doubt if anyone can beat Ozzy in anything, right?

But so as not to be an ass, if you coerce a person to jump ship, you basically guarantee him that he'll last longer than those on the other side who he's abandoning. Unless he wants to gain a few Raro votes, I don't see Yul cutting Jonathan lose just yet. He seems to be more honorable than most other contestants, so I think he'll keep him around for at least another week.
« Last Edit: Dec 04, 2006 at 11:06 AM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Dec 04, 2006 at 12:11 PM »
I think the cut will probably decide Parvati's fate...me believe that Parvati will leave/get voted off based on that cut, alone...buhbye, Parvati... :'(

Then, next week, it's either Jonathan or Adumb...it all depends on who wins II...me believe that Ozzy and/or Yul will wait for the Final 5 before they again tries to win the II...just like what Mr. Hankey said, "There's serious doubt if anyone can beat Ozzy in anything..." ;D

Offline skylynx888

• DVD Addict
  • breastmilk is also good for adults
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: Dec 04, 2006 at 10:07 PM »
 Yul and Ozzy are saving up energy for future battle   ;) ;), and YEPYEP Ozzy is just unbeatable, si Jonathan naman UNBELIEVABLE, UNBEARABLE, UNPREDICTABLE, call him RAT, SNAKE, name it and Jonathan is the man!!!!!!  HE just seems to be doing everything in order to survive.

spare  PARVATI  :-[ :-[ :-[

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Dec 07, 2006 at 12:22 AM »
GO AITUS!!! Yup, me believe that the Aitu4 will be the F4...there is no way Jonathan or Adumb or Parvati will go to the F4...

OZZY'S CHANCES...
Me thinks Ozzy has a chance here...and, I hope he wins the bragging rights as "The Sole Survivor"...

7th: Parvati -- she will either leave or be voted-off because of that cut.

5th/6th: Adumb -- should be leaving next, UNLESS, he wins the F6 II. F5 II? With Yul and Ozzy both still in the game, there's no way Adumb will win the F5 II.

5th/6th: Jonathan -- see Adumb. He'll leave next, ONLY IF, Adumb wins the F6 II. F5 II? With Ozzy around, Jonathan's chances of staying is totally 'nil'.

4th/3rd/2nd/1st: Ozzy -- if it's an F3, needs to win F4 II. If it's an F2, needs to win both F4/F3 II's. Since, the FINAL immunity challenge is all about "balance and endurance." WOOHOO!!! I expect him to win this final and most important challenge.

4th/3rd/2nd/1st: Sundra -- if Ozzy wins F4 II, needs to survive the F4 TC. Maybe, a tie.

4th/3rd/2nd/1st: Becky -- if Ozzy wins F4 II, needs to survive the F4 TC. Maybe, a tie.

4th/3rd/2nd/1st: Yul -- if it's an F3 and Ozzy wins the F4 II, it's between him and Ozzy. If it's an F2, UNLESS Ozzy survives, he's the winner. There will probably be a backlash against Yul, The Godfather, because of Jonathan.
« Last Edit: Dec 07, 2006 at 12:34 AM by phildo »

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Dec 07, 2006 at 12:34 AM »
The following SPOILER is about the F5 Season Finale immunity challenges, and, could FINALLY confirm the age old question of whether it's going to be an F2 or F3, who'll be facing the jury...

According to reports, the TV Guide has a sneak peek of what will happen in the F5 Season Finale...

F5 immunity challenge -- Burnett: "is the hardest puzzle we've ever done, called Compass Rose."
F4 immunity challenge -- Burnett: "is a trial of balance and endurance."

Sorry, mods...I separated this part, kasi, nakikita pa rin yung spoiler part eh...

OO nga pala, FYI -- the next host of Survivor is Fiji, Yup, the one which is currently under seige...
« Last Edit: Dec 07, 2006 at 11:09 AM by phildo »

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Dec 08, 2006 at 04:23 PM »
Pwede na ba mag-comment about today's episode? ;D

The only thing I will comment for now is that it's the WRONG move, STRATEGICALLY...
« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2006 at 04:27 PM by phildo »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Dec 08, 2006 at 05:00 PM »
The only way I can see that it could have logically happened is if Adam and Parvati cornered Yul and told him pointblank, "Either Jonathan leaves today, or regardless who you go up against in the final two, you will not get our (including Candice's) votes." Other than that, there was no reason to vote him off this week. Adam is a bigger threat in challenges, and there's no way a little food from the reward challenge swayed Yul's vote. And Jonathan was right - after how he gave their side an advantage and took all the hatred of the other side by flip flopping, they owed him. He deserved to be treated better.

However, I will state that other than Yul, these are the most stupid Survivors ever. I cannot fathom why they have not tried to flush out Yul's hidden immunity idol. Today they were presented with the perfect opportunity to do so. Adam and Parvati should've approached Ozzy and Sundra:

"Yul is controlling the game, and since he has the hidden immunity idol, he's almost guaranteed a slot in the Final Two. You need to level the playing field for your own sakes. We all want Jonathan to go home, and he still will. We cannot tell Becky of our plan since she and Yul are tight. If the four of us vote for Yul, Becky and Yul will vote for Jonathan, and Jonathan will vote for Adam. Yul is forced to use his hidden idol, Jonathan still goes home, and the playing field is leveled. You can vote us off next, but at least Yul will no longer have an unfair advantage over the two of you."

Ozzy and Sundra definitely would've gone for it.
« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2006 at 05:04 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Dec 08, 2006 at 11:11 PM »
That's right, Mr. Hankey..."these are the most stupid Survivors ever", especially the possible composition of the jury. Maybe that is, the reason, why Yul is SO concerned about the jury votes. These might be the WORST jury that the series will ever have.

The Aitu4 should not have joined Adumb or Parvati in voting-off Jonathan, not just yet. I think Yul knows that it's not yet the time to vote-off Jonathan. Yul probably joined in, knowing that it's a lost cause, knowing that Adumb, Parvati and the other 3 members of the Aitu4 will vote for Jonathan. Hey, Ozzy/Becky/Sundra should have realized that Jonathan, unless Adumb or Parvati wins the F6 II, will never vote one of them off. Adumb and Parvati will. The reason Ozzy/Becky/Sundra voted Jonathan off, was because of his personality? Hey, at this late stage of the game, voting off someone because of his personality...they are just not thinking. Bad, Bad strategic move.

Nevertheless, I still believe that the Aitu4 will be the F4, BUT, I won't be surprised, if ever, Adumb and/or Parvati survives...hey, the preview has just planted a seed on the possibility of Ozzy jumping ship...

Plus, why is Burnett still showing the Candice-Adumb flirt? I don't think anyone wants to see that...

TORCH SONG
In a farewell letter to a great ''Survivor'' villain, our correspondent expresses his gratitude to Jonathan for saving the season by Dalton Ross, Entertainment Weekly

Dear Jonathan,

I just want to take time out from this busy season of Survivor to say thanks. Thanks for everything. Because honestly, it looked like this season was shaping up to be a real stinkeroo. And then you and Candice stepped off your mat and mutinied, completely turning the game on its head. Then you flipped again, and went back to the Aitu fearsome foursome, becoming, in your own words, the only person to backstab every single person in the game. Many viewers hated you for it, but loved you at the same time for adding some good old-fashioned vim and vigor to the proceedings. You are now gone, voted out by all those people you turned on at one point or another, but you will not be forgotten.

I knew you were something special before the game even started. I recall sitting on the plane to the Cook Islands, and you wanted to talk to me about my Sarah Lawrence College T-shirt. Turns out you went there too, as did some random woman seated across the aisle, as did TV Guide Channel producer Paul Adler, making four SLC grads on the same plane — quite an achievement for a school with an enrollment of under a thousand. An even bigger achievement considering three of the four people were male, the exact opposite of the female-heavy SLC ratio. Whatever. I'm rambling. The point is, you weren't gonna let any stupid gag order silence you.

You started the game by stealing another tribe's chickens, insisted on wearing a very silly hat — even sillier than Probst's Guatemala getup — and took some sort of odd pleasure in hanging fish from your crotch. Look, I know 33 days is a long time and you missed your wife, Stacy, dearly, but that was just plain creepy.

But let's take a look now at your final few days. The first blood spilled in this episode was not yours but rather Parvati's, after the sexy brunette sliced open the nail on her left thumb. That was nasty, and you admirably refrained from puking all over Survivor doctor Ado Cohen as he stitched her up. Good thing you left the fish at home during the reward challenge, because all of a sudden — out popped Stacy! (Don't want her to get jealous or anything.) I suppose it was heartwarming seeing you and the others reunited with your loved ones, but truth be told, I was too busy wondering if Yul had morphed into the Incredible Hulk when I saw him busting out of his ripped green shirt. (Of course, the Hulk only starts busting out of things when he's angry — an emotion I'm not quite sure RoboSurvivor III (Tom Westman and Terry Dietz being the first two incarnations) is even capable of experiencing.) I did like the way your wife and Ozzy's mom, Gina, acted like they were competing in a wet T-shirt contest. Apparently, so did you, which explains why you started sucking face with Stacy before heading to Exile Island. (Great, now the fish are jealous.)

Ultimately this was your undoing — being sent to Exile, not sucking face with your wife, although there does seem to be some sort of kissing curse going on this season. You were isolated, cut off from solidifying your place among the others. First, Parvati and Adam went to work on Sundra during the reward, and then they made their smartest...okay, their only smart move of the game in bringing back food for Ozzy, Yul, and Becky. Ozzy said he ''didn't want to feed people to beat me,'' but he and the others seemed to change their mind about hiding food after being served some chicken, corn, and meatloaf.

You could have saved your hide by winning immunity, but how could you have known it would be one of the most brutal challenges ever? Sure, it seemed easy enough — walk over a few planks and barrels to get some poles, and then grab a few rings — but with all the slipping and sliding, you all looked completely drunk. Punch drunk, perhaps. Poor Sundra was getting hit harder than she did in that catfight she had with Kim Cattrall on Sex and the City back in the day.

After the challenge, Jeff asked if anyone felt in danger of going home. You declined to raise your hand, but the fix seemed in. Back at camp, nobody would even talk or look at you. You were right about Sundra and Becky — they are horrible liars. In perhaps the most unconvincing fib in Survivor history, they told you it was Adam, not you, on the chopping block. You're pretty good at the whole deception thing, so this seemed to hurt you the most. Not being lied to, but being lied to so damn poorly.

Then came tribal council. Jeff asked Ozzy if it was nice not having you around camp, and he shockingly said ''sure.'' (Certainly can't blame him for lying!) At this point, you probably had a good idea it was you, as did we. You also probably realized that even if you stuck around, you didn't stand a chance in hell of winning the million dollars anyway, as did we. I can't say I wanted you to win, as my frightening man crush on Yul has been well documented. But this season would not have been the same without you. You didn't come to make friends (unless, perhaps, they went to Sarah Lawrence), and you didn't come to have an ''experience.'' No, you came to win, and you did whatever you thought was the right move to get yourself that much closer to the end. I can respect that — for a man who hangs fish from his crotch.

Sincerely,
Dalton Ross
« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2006 at 11:35 PM by phildo »

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Dec 13, 2006 at 01:33 AM »
Can we start posting thoughts on the show, knowing that it's going to be an F3? At least in the U.S., everyone already knows that it's going to be an F3, courtesy of TV Guide...they post, they talk, they make interviews, with that (F3 facing the jury) in mind... ;)

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Dec 13, 2006 at 08:47 AM »
Can we start posting thoughts on the show, knowing that it's going to be an F3?

Of course. There's absolutely nothing wrong with posting your thoughts on who'll make it and what will happen during the Final Tribal Council. However, if you're going to quote alleged spoilers from other boards on who actually wins, then there are always spoiler tags.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Dec 15, 2006 at 09:04 AM »
Participate in the Finale!

Help determine who CBS will give a brand new car to.

Vote for the most deserving Survivor here: http://www.cbs.com/mariner

;D

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #73 on: Dec 17, 2006 at 08:10 PM »
It's already the finale right? So I'm assuming it's 2-4pm tomorrow with the reunion coming right after? I haven't seen any ads from Studio 23 though. Can anyone confirm?

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Dec 18, 2006 at 09:58 PM »
Kailan ang replay guys? Missed the season finale & reunion...BROWNOUT KASI!!! >:(

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Dec 19, 2006 at 02:15 AM »
December 23, Saturday, 6:30PM.

The second tribal council of the night was the most hilarious thing I've ever seen on Survivor.

Even those who watched may need to check out the replay, since some of the more interesting bits of the final tribal council were garbled during the satellite feed.

Very deserving Final Two. NOT Three, but Two.  ;D

The only way I can see that it could have logically happened is if Adam and Parvati cornered Yul and told him pointblank, "Either Jonathan leaves today, or regardless who you go up against in the final two, you will not get our (including Candice's) votes."

So... that was roughly what happened after all. And it made a difference!
« Last Edit: Dec 19, 2006 at 02:26 AM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Dec 19, 2006 at 07:59 AM »
Mr. Hankey, Parvati didn't vote for Yul...but, Adam and Candice did... ;)

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #77 on: Dec 19, 2006 at 09:39 AM »
Spoiler (?)

So the car curse still works, even if it's totally out of your control--and after the fact. ;D

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Dec 19, 2006 at 01:09 PM »
Mr. Hankey, Parvati didn't vote for Yul...but, Adam and Candice did... ;)

Hence the term "roughly" in my post.  :P

Good winner interview here.

Offline dni

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: Dec 21, 2006 at 09:26 AM »
do the other players (aside from the sole survivor) get any prize money for joining Survivor?  2nd place?  3rd place?
« Last Edit: Dec 21, 2006 at 09:26 AM by dni »

Offline keilu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • sōten ni zase Hyōrinmaru
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Dec 21, 2006 at 09:39 AM »
i read somewhere that the 2nd place gets 100,000. dont know how much for 3rd place. One thing is sure, Survivor gives a bigger prize money than amazing race - then again, the prize money in AR gets split between 2 people pa.  For AR 2nd team gets around 25,000 (before taxes).

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: Dec 21, 2006 at 10:38 AM »
In Survivor, the prize breakdown is:

Winner: 1,000,000
2nd Place: 100,000
3rd Place: 85,000
4th Place: 75,000

It goes all the way down to the first person voted off, who gets 2,500.

The money prize was different for Survivor All-Stars. The first person voted off (Tina) got 25,000. Fourth Place received 100,000; 3rd: 125,000; 2nd: 250,000.

Yeah, The Amazing Race prize money is significantly smaller. Here's the alleged breakdown:

1st: 1,000,000
2nd: 25,000
3rd: 10,000
4th: 7,000
5th: 6,000
6th: 5,000
7th: 4,000
8th: 3,500
9th: 3,000
10th: 2,500
11th: 1,500

I heard there's allegedly no prize money for any other place finishers in TAR Asia>:(
« Last Edit: Dec 22, 2006 at 04:39 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline otogi

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: Dec 21, 2006 at 04:11 PM »
I like the winner this season. For me, his the best survivor so far. 

Offline dni

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: Dec 22, 2006 at 11:14 AM »
thank you for the info guys :)

IMO, Survivor is a much harder game to play than TAR :)  mas sulit yung mas malaking prize money!!   ;D

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: Jan 28, 2007 at 05:14 AM »
so... during the reunion, JP mentions that he's appearing in the oxygen network's reality show "the janice dickinson modeling agency".

after 4 episodes of the new show ... JP is put on the spot where a magazine called "instinct" is offering to hire him for their february cover. the only catch is they feature openly gay men in their cover. so as this week's episode comes to a close, ms. dickinson herself is placed in a position where she has to ask JP if he's gay (and eventually land a major modeling job) or not. as she's waiting for a response to the question about his sexuality ... the show ends with a visibly upset JP. (darn cliffhangers...)

but i guess a quick trip to google answers that question... LOL... check it out:

i guess those rumors about him dating brad after the show are true...?  ???

« Last Edit: Feb 03, 2007 at 04:31 AM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »