Author Topic: Denon A/V Receivers  (Read 346786 times)

Offline timber715

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • join us at www.cab1net.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
Re: Denon A/V Receivers
« Reply #1290 on: Feb 05, 2010 at 01:38 AM »
not much to go by in this thread, so I decided to just go ahead and get me a Denon 1909  ;D...

speakers naman next... maybe in two to three months time I would have a pair that I like... for now I got to settle with these pair of kennies since the amp is busted...
« Last Edit: Feb 05, 2010 at 01:39 AM by timber715 »

Offline gunslinger

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1291 on: Feb 05, 2010 at 02:07 AM »
Ganda sir. Where did you get it? I'm also saving for the Denon 1910. I would have gotten it last week pero nadivert yung fund ko for some other things. Hopefully, I get to recover the amount in a 2 or 3 weeks para matuloy na.
I can stop speaking but I cannot so easily silence my thoughts...

Offline timber715

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1292 on: Feb 05, 2010 at 02:22 AM »
Ganda sir. Where did you get it? I'm also saving for the Denon 1910. I would have gotten it last week pero nadivert yung fund ko for some other things. Hopefully, I get to recover the amount in a 2 or 3 weeks para matuloy na.

that was my choice too, but it seems I wouldn't be looking/using for the things the 1910 has that I decided to get the 1909 for less amount. I got it from AVX in Harrison Plaza. they seem to have good prices there and are very easy to talk with... hope you get yours soon... cheers.

Offline eksi

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • I'm Arsenal!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1293 on: Feb 05, 2010 at 07:41 AM »
not much to go by in this thread, so I decided to just go ahead and get me a Denon 1909  ;D...

congrats ser! :)

Offline John E.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • God is good all the time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #1294 on: Feb 05, 2010 at 08:58 AM »
congrats! ganda ng avr!
You'll Always Go Back To This Hobby!

Offline timber715

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1295 on: Feb 05, 2010 at 11:47 AM »
thanks guys, am very happy with he purchase, except that I am now broke. hehehe.

Offline retro12195

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #1296 on: Feb 05, 2010 at 11:56 AM »
thanks guys, am very happy with he purchase, except that I am now broke. hehehe.
ok lang yan sir.ang mahalaga masaya ka ;D ;DCONGRATS!!
Luxman L430 Denon DL 110 Yamaha YP 700c Paradigm M7V3
B&W OPPO ONKYO 636 Mission

Offline blackie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ayun eh!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #1297 on: Feb 05, 2010 at 03:35 PM »

speakers naman next... maybe in two to three months time I would have a pair that I like... for now I got to settle with these pair of kennies since the amp is busted...

ganda black!!!!!!
Panasonic/Denon/Wharfedale/M&K/Pioneer

Offline Gwenael

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1298 on: Feb 06, 2010 at 12:39 AM »

sir timber715, congrats on your new receiver ganda! sir aside from 1909, meron din ba kyong nakitang 2309 o 2809?

thanks in advance.
marantz sr8001; dv6001
aaudio 15" coaxial; surrounds
panasonic 42pv70h
sony ps3
hdpro

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #1299 on: Feb 06, 2010 at 12:52 AM »

congrats sir ... i'm using the same model and color, got mine a year ago from sights & sounds on the first week that it became available here ... very satisfied with it ... btw, how much is it now?
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline timber715

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1300 on: Feb 06, 2010 at 02:03 AM »
sir timber715, congrats on your new receiver ganda! sir aside from 1909, meron din ba kyong nakitang 2309 o 2809?
wala po, pero meron 2805 o 2808 yata yun... not sure.

congrats sir ... i'm using the same model and color, got mine a year ago from sights & sounds on the first week that it became available here ... very satisfied with it ... btw, how much is it now?
a tad below 27k

Offline John E.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • God is good all the time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #1301 on: Feb 06, 2010 at 02:15 AM »

sir being broke is just the start of this hobby! ;D next time around you'll be sick of what they call SARS( severe audio replacement syndrome ).  ;D

you made a good first step!  ;) next would be a good pair of speakers!
You'll Always Go Back To This Hobby!

Offline timber715

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1302 on: Feb 06, 2010 at 02:36 AM »
hehehe, that was what I was afraid of (SARS) thats why I'm trying to buy the best that I can afford and appreciate. but the Focal 804V is just so far out of reach... I expect to see at least 5 years on the gears I want to purchase. that's why I'm so careful choosing them.

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #1303 on: Feb 06, 2010 at 08:40 AM »
sir being broke is just the start of this hobby! ;D next time around you'll be sick of what they call SARS( severe audio replacement syndrome ).  ;D

you hit it right at the heart sir ... next you will be thinking - ang laki ng sweldo ko bakit wala akong pera :)
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline keema

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1304 on: Feb 06, 2010 at 07:45 PM »
Question lang po..i've seen a denon 2310 with pre-outs at the back but when i checked it on the website there's no preouts??

Offline CMac

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
« Reply #1305 on: Feb 06, 2010 at 08:04 PM »
Question lang po..i've seen a denon 2310 with pre-outs at the back but when i checked it on the website there's no preouts??

i think i read something about asian/locally distributed 23 series units having pre-outs. si mikec ata yung nagbanggit nun dati.
« Last Edit: Feb 06, 2010 at 08:05 PM by HEXAGRAM »

Offline avshop

• Trade Count: (+151)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1306 on: Feb 08, 2010 at 10:30 AM »
i think i read something about asian/locally distributed 23 series units having pre-outs. si mikec ata yung nagbanggit nun dati.

yup. the denon 2310 has pre outs. if anyone's interested in getting one just let me know. :)

Offline dips15

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1307 on: Apr 02, 2010 at 11:04 PM »
Need some inputs just in case anyone has any ideas on what I'm doing wrong.

I have an AVR 1709 which I bought from amazon through one of our local importers.  Its connected to a pair of TSi 100 and CS10 as fronts and 9.dfs as surrounds.  Weird thing I noticed is that volume coming from the 1709 seems to be less powerful than my Philips HTIB.  I notice this more when watching TV series in divx/xvid formats in stereo from an NMT usually sending audio signals through a coaxial cable.  Although when watching 5.1 dts mkvs, volume is generally better, it is still lacking and I have a hard time fully hearing the dialog.

I don't think the speakers are too weak since I still do get a lot of oomph from explosion scenes and get ample volume when listening to stereo (2 channel) audio.

To give you an idea, I was watching American Idol and the volume was really weak and it couldn't fill the room even at maximum volume.  Using the same NMT connected to my HTIB, volume is only at 10-15 out of 30 or 40 meaning than with the HTIB I'm only at 33-66 percent.  I also tried connecting the NMT directly to the auxiliary input of the AVR via RCA cables and got similar results. 

I haven't done audyssey calibration yet since location is still temporary.  Will this have some kind of effect on the volume?

Hope anyone has some ideas on how to solve this.

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #1308 on: Apr 03, 2010 at 12:44 AM »
na-set mo na ba yung max volume nya?
ninjababez online ..

Offline RastaSega

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #1309 on: Apr 03, 2010 at 01:14 AM »
try calibrating it using audyssey .

also how do you connect your source to the receiver?

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life imitates movies ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #1310 on: Apr 03, 2010 at 06:51 AM »
Need some inputs just in case anyone has any ideas on what I'm doing wrong.

I have an AVR 1709 which I bought from amazon through one of our local importers.  Its connected to a pair of TSi 100 and CS10 as fronts and 9.dfs as surrounds.  Weird thing I noticed is that volume coming from the 1709 seems to be less powerful than my Philips HTIB.  I notice this more when watching TV series in divx/xvid formats in stereo from an NMT usually sending audio signals through a coaxial cable.  Although when watching 5.1 dts mkvs, volume is generally better, it is still lacking and I have a hard time fully hearing the dialog.

I don't think the speakers are too weak since I still do get a lot of oomph from explosion scenes and get ample volume when listening to stereo (2 channel) audio.

To give you an idea, I was watching American Idol and the volume was really weak and it couldn't fill the room even at maximum volume.  Using the same NMT connected to my HTIB, volume is only at 10-15 out of 30 or 40 meaning than with the HTIB I'm only at 33-66 percent.  I also tried connecting the NMT directly to the auxiliary input of the AVR via RCA cables and got similar results. 

I haven't done audyssey calibration yet since location is still temporary.  Will this have some kind of effect on the volume?

Hope anyone has some ideas on how to solve this.

You need to calibrate your system so that the channel levels are set up properly. The simplest way to do that is by running Audyssey MultEQ on your AVR.

Is your problem "weak dialogue?" Can you describe where exactly you have located the center speaker?
No room acoustic treatment is like running a Ferrari on ice.

Offline dips15

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1311 on: Apr 03, 2010 at 08:04 AM »
na-set mo na ba yung max volume nya?

How do you do that?  The only thing I've set on the AVR so far with regard to volume is to set the levels per channel.  I have so far set it to the maximum (+12) for FR FL and center.

You need to calibrate your system so that the channel levels are set up properly. The simplest way to do that is by running Audyssey MultEQ on your AVR.

Is your problem "weak dialogue?" Can you describe where exactly you have located the center speaker?

I'll try to find time to run Audyssey.  Its not just weak dialogue.  As mentioned, this is more apparent on divx/xvid .avi files which only has stereo sound.  Tried watching American Idol and volume was weak compared to when I connected the same NMT to my HTIB (both through coax).  Since it was in stereo, center channel was not used.  But I do have the same problem to a lesser degree on 5.1 DTS files.  Still weaker on my Denon than on my HTIB.  Similar problem even when connected to a DVD player via coaxial cable.  

Don't have the same problem for 2 channel audio listening though. Volume seems fine when listening to audio CDs.  Even mp3s played from the NMT sounds ok.  

try calibrating it using audyssey .

also how do you connect your source to the receiver?

NMT is connected via HDMI for video and coaxial for audio.  Tried using a PS3 which is connected via HDMI for video and optical for audio with the same results.  DVD player I used was connected via component and coaxial.

Problem is actually not that bad.  Just find it weird that I have to crank it up to maximum to get audible to desireable volume.  Action scenes and explosion scenes are still quite loud though that I have to lower the volume.  My parents' sala is much larger than my current room and just uses an old entry level onkyo avr (3 series) with b&w 302s and as far as I remember, we don't crank it up that high.    
« Last Edit: Apr 03, 2010 at 08:16 AM by dips15 »

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1312 on: Apr 03, 2010 at 08:52 AM »
dips15 are you using pro logic or neo for stereo sources? e.g. american idol?
btw for the volume naman, there is an option to choose (in my denon 1509) from -10db up to +12db (iirc).
ninjababez online ..

Offline dips15

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1313 on: Apr 03, 2010 at 11:08 AM »
dips15 are you using pro logic or neo for stereo sources? e.g. american idol?
btw for the volume naman, there is an option to choose (in my denon 1509) from -10db up to +12db (iirc).

No idea.  Hehehe.  I just assumed it would use pro logic automatically.  Will check it out later.

-10 to +12 is the setting per channel right?  I've already set them to +12. 

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life imitates movies ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #1314 on: Apr 03, 2010 at 02:26 PM »
No idea.  Hehehe.  I just assumed it would use pro logic automatically.  Will check it out later.

-10 to +12 is the setting per channel right?  I've already set them to +12. 

The levels per channel should be set through Audyssey so that they are balanced.

There's another setting for input level per source. You can try to crank that up.
No room acoustic treatment is like running a Ferrari on ice.

Offline dips15

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1315 on: Apr 03, 2010 at 10:41 PM »
The levels per channel should be set through Audyssey so that they are balanced.

There's another setting for input level per source. You can try to crank that up.

Thanks.  Will try to do that tomorrow.

Offline jeyps11_c

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1316 on: Apr 12, 2010 at 08:36 AM »
Saan kaya nag a-accept ng trade in ng AVRs? I want to upgrade my AVR to HDMI connections na sana.
Home is where the Theater is!
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV

Offline jhelenz

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #1317 on: Apr 12, 2010 at 11:46 AM »
benta mo na lang sir sa marketplacetapos bili ka ng bago :) :)

Offline jeyps11_c

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1318 on: Apr 13, 2010 at 06:40 AM »
^Well that is another option.

Question - ang remote ba ng entry level DEnon AVRs (1907) kaya mag control ng TV (Panny PV80)? I heard that some people use their AVR remote as a universal remote.
Home is where the Theater is!
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1319 on: Apr 13, 2010 at 06:46 AM »
^Well that is another option.

Question - ang remote ba ng entry level DEnon AVRs (1907) kaya mag control ng TV (Panny PV80)? I heard that some people use their AVR remote as a universal remote.
uy UP ko lang .. sana pwede  :)
ninjababez online ..