Author Topic: Denon A/V Receivers  (Read 346373 times)

Offline Weng!

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • The Dude Formerly Known As GneW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 63
Re: Denon A/V Receivers
« Reply #1350 on: Jul 07, 2010 at 08:14 AM »
thanks avshop nd les888. i will visit these shops when i drop by the metro.

the denon 2308 and 2310 should have the same power, tama ba? am i missing a lot of details in audio by using only dolby and dts aside from the dolby hd and dts-ma? at the moment, most of my source are mkv files with a few blurays.

Offline streetsmart

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life imitates movies ...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1351 on: Jul 07, 2010 at 08:43 AM »
thanks avshop nd les888. i will visit these shops when i drop by the metro.

the denon 2308 and 2310 should have the same power, tama ba? am i missing a lot of details in audio by using only dolby and dts aside from the dolby hd and dts-ma? at the moment, most of my source are mkv files with a few blurays.

Hardly any discernible difference between lossless and legacy audio, except with some concerts. That's based on a blind test we conducted 2 years ago.
No room acoustic treatment is like running a Ferrari on ice.

Offline Weng!

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1352 on: Jul 07, 2010 at 10:58 AM »
Hardly any discernible difference between lossless and legacy audio, except with some concerts. That's based on a blind test we conducted 2 years ago.

sir mark, is it safe to say na pwede na ito at di ko na kelangan mag upgrade? how about other features, mas updated na ba ang audessey sa 2310 model?

my bro will start building an HT and wants to acquire pre-owned gears. i may offer my denon at a dirt cheap price to him then i will upgrade to a better receiver but only within the denon 2310 and onkyo 608 price range.

Offline ditoy_eagle

• Trade Count: (+156)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1353 on: Jul 07, 2010 at 11:08 AM »
I remember sir streetsmart saying that only the US models with CI can use the Audyssey Pro calibration software to balance the sound frequencies in your room.  So make sure you get that 2310CI so you can take full advantage of the feature.  

Although it's an additional $150 daw to get a license for your receiver, (then magic touch ni streetsmart) but sulit yan if you want accurate sound coming out of your speakers.  After hearing the difference Audyssey Pro calibration makes, I am eyeing to get a Denon CI model soon.
« Last Edit: Jul 07, 2010 at 11:13 AM by ditoy_eagle »
Thanks to the PMPC for the award - Digital Movie Sound Engineer of the year in the 28th Star Awards!

Offline Weng!

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1354 on: Jul 07, 2010 at 11:16 AM »
I remember sir streetsmart saying that only the US models with CI can use the Audyssey Pro calibration software to balance the sound frequencies in your room.  So make sure you get that 2310CI so you can take full advantage of the feature.  

Although it's an additional $150 daw to get a license for your receiver, (then magic touch ni streetsmart) but sulit yan if you want accurate sound coming out of your speakers.

thanks sir ditoy. i will not benefit using the CI version because i don't have the equipment and don't want to buy it. also, i am not from manila where i can have it calibrated by sir mark even for a fee. if the sound of the 2308 and 2310 are almost the same, i will just save my money to purchase other stuff, maybe a PJ ;D

Offline streetsmart

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life imitates movies ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #1355 on: Jul 07, 2010 at 11:23 AM »
sir mark, is it safe to say na pwede na ito at di ko na kelangan mag upgrade? how about other features, mas updated na ba ang audessey sa 2310 model?

my bro will start building an HT and wants to acquire pre-owned gears. i may offer my denon at a dirt cheap price to him then i will upgrade to a better receiver but only within the denon 2310 and onkyo 608 price range.

If you want a Denon receiver that is "more or less" future-proof, I suggest you get the 3311. It has Audyssey MultEQ XT (XT is much better than plain-vanilla MultEQ), DSX (for wide speakers especially) and Dynamic EQ. In my view, these are the most critical components. Also, it has very good video processing. In terms of value for money, I think this is the best nowadays.

No room acoustic treatment is like running a Ferrari on ice.

Offline ditoy_eagle

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1356 on: Jul 07, 2010 at 11:25 AM »
ah yeah sound-wise they should be the same so no need to upgrade for you then! Any receiver will sound good as long as it is properly calibrated for your room.

Agree buy a pj first  ;D
« Last Edit: Jul 07, 2010 at 11:25 AM by ditoy_eagle »
Thanks to the PMPC for the award - Digital Movie Sound Engineer of the year in the 28th Star Awards!

Offline Weng!

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1357 on: Jul 07, 2010 at 11:31 AM »
If you want a Denon receiver that is "more or less" future-proof, I suggest you get the 3311. It has Audyssey MultEQ XT (XT is much better than plain-vanilla MultEQ), DSX (for wide speakers especially) and Dynamic EQ. In my view, these are the most critical components. Also, it has very good video processing. In terms of value for money, I think this is the best nowadays.

thanks for the tip but i guess the 3311 would be somewhere in the thousand or more USD price range todate.

Offline scifi-fan

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 42
« Reply #1358 on: Jul 07, 2010 at 11:33 AM »
Personally I don't believe in future proofing nowadays.

So many things going on right now pretty much obsolete electronics mo within 18 months.

That's why I avoid high-end AVRs unless handa ka to lose big time in depreciation or you are in the biz wherein these gear makes money not just costs money.

I predict AVRs will drop in price because manufacturers will drop SPDIF/RCA connectors within 2 years. Bluray consortium will no longer allow unencrypted signals out thru these ports.

This also means AVRs will shrink because we don't need so much ports in the back. Look for half-height AVRs.

HDMI with built-in ethernet and HDBaseT will be competing for the standards.

Magulo talaga ngayon so ako minimum compliance lang sa AVR.

Offline ment

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1359 on: Jul 07, 2010 at 12:11 PM »
^^ tama .... proper tuning nalang ng gear muna ...... :)

Offline scifi-fan

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 42
« Reply #1360 on: Jul 07, 2010 at 12:29 PM »
Also look for smarter TVs.

More and more the name of the game seems to be firmware so what developments you see in the media player space will merge into display devices.

People want their TVs to have some sort of internet connectivity for social networking (facebook/netflix) so it's going to be battle between display manufacturers and audio manufacturers. AVR makers don't want their market to shrink so they too will probably put some sort of ethernet/media/player combo to make them competative.

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #1361 on: Jul 07, 2010 at 04:06 PM »

Although it's an additional $150 daw to get a license for your receiver, (then magic touch ni streetsmart) but sulit yan if you want accurate sound coming out of your speakers.  After hearing the difference Audyssey Pro calibration makes, I am eyeing to get a Denon CI model soon.

brader ditoy mag 4810ci ka na din ba??
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline ditoy_eagle

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1362 on: Jul 07, 2010 at 05:32 PM »
Planning stage pa lang so it depends sa end budget ko ;D

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1363 on: Jul 07, 2010 at 07:15 PM »
Planning stage pa lang so it depends sa end budget ko ;D

wooohooooo, the 4810 owns the distinction of being the only receiver that can run the front wide and front height at the same time. i only know of just one who has it, pag nag kataon dalawa na kayo na mag eenjoy nito;)

Offline ditoy_eagle

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1364 on: Jul 07, 2010 at 07:16 PM »
haha sadly I don't need that feature because I plan to use it for work in the studio, standard 5.1 and 7.1 lang. No recording studio mix in DSX yet :)
« Last Edit: Jul 07, 2010 at 07:17 PM by ditoy_eagle »

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1365 on: Jul 07, 2010 at 07:24 PM »
haha sadly I don't need that feature because I plan to use it for work in the studio, standard 5.1 and 7.1 lang. No recording studio mix in DSX yet :)

ah. may 4310 na mas mababa or the 3311 as sir mark mentioned,

happy hunting  ;) ;D

Offline gaol

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #1366 on: Jul 07, 2010 at 08:00 PM »
Brother Tirso, eto ang gusto ni Brother Ditoy:  ;)

http://www.usa.denon.com/ProductDetails/3922.asp

Brother Ditoy, ok na ang 4310, at the price you mentioned!  ;) ;)
« Last Edit: Jul 07, 2010 at 08:02 PM by gaol »

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1367 on: Jul 07, 2010 at 08:02 PM »
Brother Tirso, eto ang gusto ni Brother Ditoy:  ;)

http://www.usa.denon.com/ProductDetails/3922.asp

Brother Ditoy, ok na an 4310!  ;) ;)

huwawwwwww abay good good good oki nga rud

teka teka brader arn, baka naman ikaw na ang meron nyan ha malihim ka masyado ;D ;D ;D

Offline ditoy_eagle

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1368 on: Jul 07, 2010 at 08:28 PM »
haha binisto ako ni gaol!  Yan actually ang target ko pero kelangan pa ng approval ng office haha!  least scenario 4310CI na nga.  Panay powered studio speakers kasi gamit ko so I need balanced XLR pre-outs which only the AV1HDCI has.

arn, 4310CI meron sa ebay ngayon 1 day remaining, selling less than $800 nakakatempt magbid kaso nanga-ngarap pa ako sa higher model  ::)
« Last Edit: Jul 07, 2010 at 08:31 PM by ditoy_eagle »

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1369 on: Jul 07, 2010 at 08:31 PM »
haha binisto ako ni gaol!  Yan actually ang target ko pero kelangan pa ng approval ng office haha!  least scenario 4310CI na nga.  Panay powered studio speakers kasi gamit ko so I need balanced XLR pre-outs which only the AV1HDCI has

wooohoooooo

brader ditoy pwede ba akong pumasyal sa studio mo pag napadpad ako sa Ortigas, may office din ako dyan eh sugod ako sa lungga mo pag magawi dyan at maluwag ang oras mo.

Offline ditoy_eagle

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1370 on: Jul 07, 2010 at 08:33 PM »
The new planned studio is opening along Pasay road, 2nd building left ng Nihonbashi-tei under construction na. Marantz SR5003 and small room palang currently si Pearl drive studio ko but good enough for my work. Iba talaga ang Denon basta na-Audyssey Pro ni sir streetsmart  :)
« Last Edit: Jul 07, 2010 at 08:35 PM by ditoy_eagle »

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1371 on: Jul 07, 2010 at 08:37 PM »
The new planned studio is opening along Pasay road, 2nd building left ng Nihonbashi-tei under construction na. Marantz SR5003 and small room palang currently si Pearl drive studio ko but good enough for my work. Iba talaga ang Denon basta na-Audyssey Pro si sir streetsmart  :)

should be a very good expereince and learning for me. I havent been to any set up like yours, been to mostly HT set up. :) :)

as for sir mark, the man with the golden hand ;)

Offline gaol

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #1372 on: Jul 07, 2010 at 08:50 PM »
huwawwwwww abay good good good oki nga rud

teka teka brader arn, baka naman ikaw na ang meron nyan ha malihim ka masyado ;D ;D ;D

Haha Magdidildil nako ng asin habang buhay niyan pag yan kinuha ko. Mas mababa ang pangarap ko naman hehe

haha binisto ako ni gaol!  Yan actually ang target ko pero kelangan pa ng approval ng office haha!  least scenario 4310CI na nga.  Panay powered studio speakers kasi gamit ko so I need balanced XLR pre-outs which only the AV1HDCI has.

arn, 4310CI meron sa ebay ngayon 1 day remaining, selling less than $800 nakakatempt magbid kaso nanga-ngarap pa ako sa higher model  ::)

Onga no, pero used na at may dent sa kanto, baka nabagsak. Brand new sa presyong 3311 okay na. .... ;D

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #1373 on: Jul 07, 2010 at 09:01 PM »
Denon experts pa-consult naman.  Mahal ba or reasonable ang 3808 na approx. 44K pesoss - Pre-Owned Mint.

Thanks!

Offline xyobub

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1374 on: Jul 07, 2010 at 09:31 PM »
Denon experts pa-consult naman.  Mahal ba or reasonable ang 3808 na approx. 44K pesoss - Pre-Owned Mint.

Thanks!

di po ako Denon Expert, pero sa pagkakaalam ko mura na to, nakapag canvass ako ng Denon 2807 bnew, one of the dealers here in the Middle East SRP 44K also.
« Last Edit: Jul 07, 2010 at 09:33 PM by xyobub »

Offline ment

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1375 on: Jul 09, 2010 at 10:51 PM »
has anyone tried denon 1611 and 1911? first hand review please :)

Offline SETSUT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Time spacewarp....Ngayon din!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1376 on: Jul 11, 2010 at 06:48 AM »
has anyone tried denon 1611 and 1911? first hand review please :)
Same question po. Which is better for music use denon 1611 or onkyo 508? TIA.
LG32LH35
HDX1000
Pioneer DV-220KV
Wharfedale 9.6, 9CM, 9.1
Mirage Omni S10
Onkyo TX-SR508
Xbox 360

Offline Digities

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1377 on: Jul 15, 2010 at 06:28 AM »
with the 2310 and it's multeq, the channel levels are symmetrical but the distance isn't. should i touch that  or leave it as is ?

Offline SETSUT

• Collector
  • Time spacewarp....Ngayon din!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1378 on: Jul 20, 2010 at 11:13 PM »
Available na po locally Denon 1611? thanks..
LG32LH35
HDX1000
Pioneer DV-220KV
Wharfedale 9.6, 9CM, 9.1
Mirage Omni S10
Onkyo TX-SR508
Xbox 360

Offline Paolo123

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1379 on: Jul 29, 2010 at 02:33 AM »
Mga bossing magkano ko kaya mabebenta ang avr-1909 (US, 110v) sa Pinas? 1 year old sya pero good as new condition.

Thanks!