Author Topic: Denon A/V Receivers  (Read 346677 times)

Offline disturbed

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: Denon A/V Receivers
« Reply #1770 on: Nov 24, 2011 at 04:07 PM »
^ we have almost the same set of gears sir raptor (1909, PV8, NMT)..what is the model of your logitech harmony..I like that function..one press lang on lahat!  :)

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #1771 on: Nov 25, 2011 at 02:44 AM »
^ we have almost the same set of gears sir raptor (1909, PV8, NMT)..what is the model of your logitech harmony..I like that function..one press lang on lahat!  :)

[OT for this thread]

using Harmony 585, bought for SGD 99, one of the entry-level ng Logitech Harmony ... all activities are programmable like listen to music (you can select which devices turns on and in any sequence)
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline AppleMan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #1772 on: Nov 25, 2011 at 02:50 AM »
Mga Tol, ano po ba ang function nyang Logitech Harmony? Magkano po ba price nyan? sorry po sa OT
KEF Q100
NAD C326BEE

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #1773 on: Nov 25, 2011 at 06:17 AM »
Mga Tol, ano po ba ang function nyang Logitech Harmony? Magkano po ba price nyan? sorry po sa OT

na-hijack na yata natin thread ng Denon, but anyway, it is basically a universal learning remote in which you can download the controls of your devices through the Logitech database which they update on a regular basis ... different models are available, prices vary from features and maximum no. of devices they can control (entry levels can control max. of 4 devices)

the difference with other remotes is that it is activity-based programmable ... besides sequential power-on of the devices, it also goes to the mode needed for the activity - e.g the AV receiver selecting DVD player as input for the selected activity ... it can also be used as a standard device remote to control your devices besides being an activity based remote

you'll need to plug it to your PC and connect to Internet to update the device database, as well as to program the activity ... here's a link to their site for more details - http://www.logitech.com/en-sg/remotes
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline riven319

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1774 on: Dec 02, 2011 at 04:27 PM »
hi guys, I still have the old denon 2309.  problem is, I switched my tv for a new 3d plasma.  do you guys know if 3d will pass through those models and I can still have true-hd audio while at it?  if not, can anyone recommend a good hdmi 1.4spec splitter that they have tried for their denon and 3dtv?  thanks in advance :)  
« Last Edit: Dec 02, 2011 at 04:27 PM by riven319 »

Offline RastaSega

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #1775 on: Dec 02, 2011 at 05:21 PM »
2309 = HDMI 1.3a so no 3d passthrough. Sorry sir. Panood sa TV! :)

since trueHD won't work using optical or coax then malaking problema nga to.

Honestly I don't know if daisy-chaining HDMI cables will work.

Since kilala kita I know for a fact na pag bumili ka ng hdmi 1.4 splitter and this 2HDMI cable system works MANGANGATI ka parin mag upgrade.

If it doesn't work then gumastos ka pa ng splitter. Tapos mag uupgrade ka parin.

So basically... alam mo na sagot :)

Totally unrelated (:bag:) - ganda daw ng AirPlay.

Offline riven319

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1776 on: Dec 02, 2011 at 06:15 PM »
langya ninja post na nga ko nakita mo pa  :D  

anyway, meron kasi ako kilala na tnry nya hdmi splitter 1.4 "daw" and nagpass "daw" ng 3d signal...  the problem is I forgot to ask kung yung ginamitan ba nya ay 3d blu ray or yng mga sbs file; they might be different altogether.  and I'm really set to use a splitter if it works kasi I'm quite satisfied with my current avr masyado mataas ang premium ngayon just for 3d pass through functionality that I'd be willing to go back to optical if  wala talagang ibang alternative hehe.  

p.s. oi di mo pa talaga ako ganun kakilala kung ganun lol  influence mo lahat yan sir...  I was quite happy with my setup before hahahahah  
« Last Edit: Dec 02, 2011 at 06:17 PM by riven319 »

Offline RastaSega

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #1777 on: Dec 03, 2011 at 01:51 PM »
sir after some research and based on a similar experience looks like the HDMI splitter may not be a good idea.

Like I said last night sa phone ang HDMI signal "phones home" back to the source.

Per HDMI protocol, only the lower video and audio formats connected to the single HDMI video source will be supported.

For example:
1) The HDMI video source will send 720P video out if two display units connected to the splitter outputs are 1080P and 720P;
2) The audio format will be stereo if the TV connected to the splitter output can only do stereo (most TVs can only deliver stereo sound)

So in your case your receiver cannot process 3d video. This info is communicated back to the source (ps3) by the receiver and thus limiting your video to non-3d.

To get 3D, all units connected to the splitter outputs must support 3D
To get Surround Sound, all units at the outputs must support the selected surround sound format

So I guess unless you get a splitter that doesn't abide by HDMI protocol then you're set. Unless of course something like that doesn't exist.

http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AVR-2311CI-Channel-Surround-Receiver/dp/B003MQLSMI/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

Offline riven319

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1778 on: Dec 04, 2011 at 01:32 AM »
according to my own readings sir, mukhang ganun nga for the meantime...   buti na lang I did not jump to the splitter option right away...

I'm trying to arrange for a dual hdmi out 3d bd player as replacement for the promo option I had... well sana maapprove muna yun.  If not, might just stick with the separate hdmi and optical option (now where did I hide those damn toslinks hahaha).

Thanks for your effort in clearing this up ;)  

Now, I'm wondering if it will be the same for 3d games in the ps3 (I believe they are using a different method of 3d rendering for games compared to 3d movies)

p.s.  baket may link ka dyan? hahahahaha.   ikaw lang may pambili nyan sir :D  things are different now compared to when we were single hehe.. so cheap alternatives lang tayo ;)   
« Last Edit: Dec 04, 2011 at 01:35 AM by riven319 »

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #1779 on: Dec 04, 2011 at 03:14 AM »
according to my own readings sir, mukhang ganun nga for the meantime...   buti na lang I did not jump to the splitter option right away...

I'm trying to arrange for a dual hdmi out 3d bd player as replacement for the promo option I had... well sana maapprove muna yun.  If not, might just stick with the separate hdmi and optical option (now where did I hide those damn toslinks hahaha).

Thanks for your effort in clearing this up ;)  

Now, I'm wondering if it will be the same for 3d games in the ps3 (I believe they are using a different method of 3d rendering for games compared to 3d movies)

p.s.  baket may link ka dyan? hahahahaha.   ikaw lang may pambili nyan sir :D  things are different now compared to when we were single hehe.. so cheap alternatives lang tayo ;)   
bro OT sa topic mo ha .. 2311 mo ba may multeqxt na, or multeq lang?  :)
ninjababez online ..

Offline riven319

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1780 on: Dec 04, 2011 at 03:29 PM »
sir ninjababez,

sorry sir wala pa po ko balak bumili ng 2311 as of now 2309 pa din receiver ko....  and I have no idea on the price of the 2311 locally...  does anyone know a base figure?  anyway, based sa mga kakabasa ko sa 3d pass through sa receivers parang multeq pa sya (at least based dun sa CI version sa states).. and the xt version will probably be implemented in the next series (xx12)

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1781 on: Dec 04, 2011 at 09:45 PM »
sir ninjababez,

sorry sir wala pa po ko balak bumili ng 2311 as of now 2309 pa din receiver ko....  and I have no idea on the price of the 2311 locally...  does anyone know a base figure?  anyway, based sa mga kakabasa ko sa 3d pass through sa receivers parang multeq pa sya (at least based dun sa CI version sa states).. and the xt version will probably be implemented in the next series (xx12)
ah i see, i was looking for a receiver with pre outs kasi  ;D
ninjababez online ..

Offline Yunarce

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1782 on: Dec 19, 2011 at 09:19 PM »
Mga master! Question lang po. I recently bought tsi 400 so i calibrated my receiver again kase new speaker. After I calibrated, yung subwoofer parang humina siya kahit gawin kong +5db yung channel parang mahina parin unlike before when i was using logitech speakers. This is what i read from the DENON 1912 manual

If “Front” and “Center” for “Speaker Config.” are set to “Large”, and
“Subwoofer Mode” is set to “LFE”, no sound may be output from the
subwoofers, depending on the input signal or selected surround mode.

Since I have CS20 and tsi400, large setting nila. Ganun po ba talaga yun hihina ang output sa subwoofer? Or is there something that i could adjust sa setting? (LPF to LFE, LFE+Main) Salamat!

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1783 on: Dec 19, 2011 at 09:26 PM »
Mga master! Question lang po. I recently bought tsi 400 so i calibrated my receiver again kase new speaker. After I calibrated, yung subwoofer parang humina siya kahit gawin kong +5db yung channel parang mahina parin unlike before when i was using logitech speakers. This is what i read from the DENON 1912 manual

If “Front” and “Center” for “Speaker Config.” are set to “Large”, and
“Subwoofer Mode” is set to “LFE”, no sound may be output from the
subwoofers, depending on the input signal or selected surround mode.

Since I have CS20 and tsi400, large setting nila. Ganun po ba talaga yun hihina ang output sa subwoofer? Or is there something that i could adjust sa setting? (LPF to LFE, LFE+Main) Salamat!
try to run audyssey again muna    :)
kung ganun parin ..
set speakers to small, then cutoff @ 80hz
tanggalin mo yung LFE + Main para sub lang ang tutunog sa lower frequency, tapos cutoff mo sa sub from 120hz to 80hz (timplahin mo nalang) :)

ninjababez online ..

Offline Yunarce

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1784 on: Dec 19, 2011 at 09:46 PM »
try to run audyssey again muna    :)
kung ganun parin ..
set speakers to small, then cutoff @ 80hz
tanggalin mo yung LFE + Main para sub lang ang tutunog sa lower frequency, tapos cutoff mo sa sub from 120hz to 80hz (timplahin mo nalang) :)

Ok boss ill try that tomorrow. Ill try to set the subwoofer to LFE then change the speaker size to small. Thanks for the suggestion! My subwoofer btw is Polk PSW125... :D

Offline disturbed

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #1785 on: Dec 20, 2011 at 01:33 PM »
ganun din reading ko pag ni calibrate ko sa audyssey sa akin..pero I always follow what I read sa avforums noon from batpigs set up guide..set the fronts to small 60-80hz (depends), satellites ko small din asa 110-120

and LFE nga lang din..not LFE + Main

pag wala pa din..try relocating your sub

Offline Yunarce

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1786 on: Dec 20, 2011 at 03:11 PM »
ganun din reading ko pag ni calibrate ko sa audyssey sa akin..pero I always follow what I read sa avforums noon from batpigs set up guide..set the fronts to small 60-80hz (depends), satellites ko small din asa 110-120

and LFE nga lang din..not LFE + Main

pag wala pa din..try relocating your sub

Sir salamat din po dito! I though may mababago sa SQ pag small or large speakers ang pipiliin. Para lang pala yun if gusto mo din mag output ng bass or low frequency sa speakers. I found the batpigs guide and sabi dun dapat small lahat ng setting for the subwoofer to handle all the bass. Will post soon if this works! Thanks!!

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1787 on: Dec 20, 2011 at 08:56 PM »
Sir salamat din po dito! I though may mababago sa SQ pag small or large speakers ang pipiliin. Para lang pala yun if gusto mo din mag output ng bass or low frequency sa speakers. I found the batpigs guide and sabi dun dapat small lahat ng setting for the subwoofer to handle all the bass. Will post soon if this works! Thanks!!
wag mo rin kalimutan yung xover sa sub set it to maximum para receiver na yung filter :)
ninjababez online ..

Offline Yunarce

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1788 on: Dec 21, 2011 at 07:15 AM »
Ayun bumalik yung deep bass sound. Dapat nga naka set yung speakers to small. I will re-run Audyssey mamaya para mag sync ulit sounds.  :D

wag mo rin kalimutan yung xover sa sub set it to maximum para receiver na yung filter :)

Sir im not sure about sa xover sa sub pero ito ba yung settings sa receiver? Yung full band or something? Yung sa sub kase ang "pihitan" lang sa likod is volume, low pass at phase. I think I should set the Phase to 0 degrees, low pass maximum and volume midway pag run ko yung Audyssey calibration? Nabasa ko lng. Anyway salamat po ulit. :)

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1789 on: Dec 21, 2011 at 11:31 PM »
Ayun bumalik yung deep bass sound. Dapat nga naka set yung speakers to small. I will re-run Audyssey mamaya para mag sync ulit sounds.  :D

Sir im not sure about sa xover sa sub pero ito ba yung settings sa receiver? Yung full band or something? Yung sa sub kase ang "pihitan" lang sa likod is volume, low pass at phase. I think I should set the Phase to 0 degrees, low pass maximum and volume midway pag run ko yung Audyssey calibration? Nabasa ko lng. Anyway salamat po ulit. :)

the knob with Hz, yan dapat set to highest para bypassed sya.
para yung receiver na magbibigay ng feed sa kanya without changes.  try mo 120hz then pababain mo nalang according to your preference  :)
ninjababez online ..

Offline Yunarce

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1790 on: Dec 22, 2011 at 10:36 AM »

the knob with Hz, yan dapat set to highest para bypassed sya.
para yung receiver na magbibigay ng feed sa kanya without changes.  try mo 120hz then pababain mo nalang according to your preference  :)

Bossing wala po ata ganyang knob sa subwoofer ko which is yung Polk PSW125. Low pass knob lng yung andun which is naka set sa maximum nung nag calibrate ako last night. I dont know if that is the same with crossover frequency but ok naman yung lumabas na result. Medyo binawasan ko lng ng konti after nung calibration. Ill try to experiment yung 120hz sa sub setting kung ano mas maganda tunog. Maraming salamat ulit!

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1791 on: Dec 22, 2011 at 11:00 AM »
kung meron unfiltered dun mo nalang lagay  :)
ninjababez online ..

Offline nogie

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #1792 on: Dec 22, 2011 at 07:48 PM »
Bossing wala po ata ganyang knob sa subwoofer ko which is yung Polk PSW125. Low pass knob lng yung andun which is naka set sa maximum nung nag calibrate ako last night. I dont know if that is the same with crossover frequency but ok naman yung lumabas na result. Medyo binawasan ko lng ng konti after nung calibration. Ill try to experiment yung 120hz sa sub setting kung ano mas maganda tunog. Maraming salamat ulit!

A complete guide in room calibration using Audyssey.

Link taken from batpig's signature, a member of AVS Forum and known loyal user of Denon products.

http://batpigworld.com/fadq.html#audyssey

Offline james16

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • passion that touches the soul...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1793 on: Dec 23, 2011 at 10:00 PM »
hi guys,

recently got denon 1912 but unfortunately cd-rom ko sira kya nde ko pa nababasa mag calibrate or mag set up ng speakers ng maayos, hope you can help kung paano aayusin or iset sa denon na wala akong sub, 5.0 pa lang gamit ko eh...

at any tips to have this properly calibrated sa audyssey.

tia

Offline Conan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 796
« Reply #1794 on: Dec 23, 2011 at 10:32 PM »
hi guys,

recently got denon 1912 but unfortunately cd-rom ko sira kya nde ko pa nababasa mag calibrate or mag set up ng speakers ng maayos, hope you can help kung paano aayusin or iset sa denon na wala akong sub, 5.0 pa lang gamit ko eh...

at any tips to have this properly calibrated sa audyssey.

tia

Right-click, Save as...

http://www.usa.denon.com/DocumentMaster/US/Getting%20Started%20Guide_AVR1912.pdf

http://www.usa.denon.com/DocumentMaster/US/Owners%20Manual_AVR1912.pdf
« Last Edit: Dec 23, 2011 at 10:34 PM by Conan »
Polk Audio Reserve R200
B&W 606 S2 Anniversary Edition
NAD C368 Integrated Amplifier
Cambridge CXA60

Offline james16

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:

Offline james16

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1796 on: Dec 29, 2011 at 07:27 PM »
yung Denon 1912 33.5k Pesos nung nabili ko, so malamang halos doble yung 2312 dito satin.
and yes MultEQXT na  :)
sa US website naman nakalagay MultEq lang ang 1912 at mas mababa nasa 90 watts per channel lang yata, unlike dito 125 watts per channel nabili ko  :D

ano po pagkakaiba ng  MultEQXT sa MultEq?

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1797 on: Dec 29, 2011 at 11:09 PM »
ninjababez online ..

Offline james16

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:

Offline R1DVD

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1799 on: Jan 05, 2012 at 05:56 AM »
Ask ko lang mga 1912 owners, can the 1912 play FLAC files stored on an external HDD attached to the USB port? Upto what size of HDD is supported?