Author Topic: Denon A/V Receivers  (Read 346678 times)

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
Re: Denon A/V Receivers
« Reply #2010 on: Mar 29, 2013 at 11:03 PM »
Wow naka-SALE pa pala yang P235K na price nya... Grabe... At that price Marantz separates na lang tayo, hehehe ;D
yun ba hahakutin natin tomorrow bro?  ;D
ninjababez online ..

Offline disturbed

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #2011 on: Apr 05, 2013 at 02:26 PM »
hi guys! are there still 1909 owners here?

do you guys update the firmware of your receiver?

after almost a year of hiatus (stored the HT away since the display is dead)..I setup the HT again since I bought a new display last week..I ran the calibration as I normally would, most often than not I usually increase the center speaker level up to max of +8db...now I am at +10db and I am still not satisfied with the dialogue volume..my setup and speaker placement is still the same..

audyssey calibrated the center speaker and the fronts to 40Hz but I set the cross over at 100Hz of the center and I set the speaker to small.

I am always in Dynamic EQ.

When I get back home this weekend I will try lowering the vol of the sub by a notch, remembered I put the vol of the sub at the back a notch higher before calibrating, not sure if that has anything to do with the issue..

btw the distance between the center and the listening position is around 6 ft only or less
..also I always angle the center speaker to the ear level..

also been reading the thread from page 35 and some in the net..noticed that others after calibration, audyssey have the channel levels of the speakers on the negative side (e.g -5, -2)..mine is always at a minimum of +2db..after all these years didn't really compare my settings to others..maybe my speakers are hard to drive?hmmmnn
« Last Edit: Apr 05, 2013 at 05:32 PM by disturbed »

Offline appamus

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2012 on: Apr 11, 2013 at 05:04 PM »
Hello everyone, any 3808ci owners here?

Has anyone tried using its bi-amping capabilities? did it improve the sound quality?
Just want to hear the sheer sound of the amp without any external components like an external DAC or something else. Is it a good idea to bi-amp or not?

Thank you

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2013 on: Apr 11, 2013 at 10:35 PM »
also been reading the thread from page 35 and some in the net..noticed that others after calibration, audyssey have the channel levels of the speakers on the negative side (e.g -5, -2)..mine is always at a minimum of +2db..after all these years didn't really compare my settings to others..maybe my speakers are hard to drive?hmmmnn
hard to drive speakers or the room interaction e.g. too much absorbers
btw ano pala speaker mo?
ninjababez online ..

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2014 on: Apr 11, 2013 at 10:39 PM »
Has anyone tried using its bi-amping capabilities? did it improve the sound quality?
Thank you
tried it, improved highs.  note that it could be placebo, but i never believed the idea of bi-amp and bi-wire.  but tried it since i had extra wires (long story).  :)
ninjababez online ..

Offline disturbed

• DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
« Reply #2015 on: Apr 15, 2013 at 04:37 PM »
hard to drive speakers or the room interaction e.g. too much absorbers
btw ano pala speaker mo?

the room is open..no acoustic treatment can be put since sala setup hehe..aurum cantus f series for fronts and center and polk owm for rears..

I read and read and read again the audyssey setup guide in avs forum..read the faq again and again..This time I used a mic stand instead of the usual tripod to check if it will indeed help in the overall sq and esp for the clarity and vol of the center channel..

and guess what..it really did help!I have cycled thru my usual movie list and yes the dialog are clear now with enough volume level..didn't even touch the center channel level now..I really thought using the mic stand won't matter since I use a tripod all the time..I bought a mic stand just for calibration..found none in HMR and bought bnew from a guy in sulit lol..

I did another round of calibration this time I tried to achieve 0db channel level for subwoofer on the main listening position before going thru all the calibration of the other positions, I also tried the other suggestions on the mic placements etc etc..

now after all these years, this is the most satisfying calibration I made!
« Last Edit: Apr 15, 2013 at 04:41 PM by disturbed »

Offline AppleMan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #2016 on: Apr 15, 2013 at 04:49 PM »
^_@disturbed

Bro paano mo ginawa yung calibration at paano mo pinosisyon yung mic at mic stand?.....TIA!
KEF Q100
NAD C326BEE

Offline disturbed

• DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
« Reply #2017 on: Apr 15, 2013 at 05:15 PM »
^ the usual calibration lng ginawa ko..difference lang hindi tripod gamit ko ngaun kundi mic stand na boom type..

d)3. Where should I position the mic for best results?

The first mic position should always be at the Main Listening Position (because it is used to determine the distances and levels of each speaker). The other positions should be either side at roughly 2 feet intervals and then in front and behind if possible. The order of the positions after the first position does not matter. It is very important to avoid extreme positions - so never put the mic up against the back wall or outside the angle spanned by the front Left and Right speakers. Taking measurements in these positions will cause MultEQ to make unnecessary adjustments. The mic should be at the same height as your main L&R speakers' tweeters, which in turn should ideally be at ear height. It is not generally advised to place the mic higher or lower than the physical location of the tweeters (but see the exception noted below). However, there are many setups where it is not possible for the tweeters to be at ear height; in these cases, place the mic at the spot where the speakers are aimed (it is usually advisable to aim the speakers towards the MLP by 'toeing-in the L&R speakers and angling the centre speak up or down - but do take the advice of your speaker manufacturer on toe-in as some designs perform best when not toed-in).

Exception: if your chair backs are quite high, you will need to raise the mic so that it can 'see' the rear surrounds or surrounds. Also, do not put the mic closer than about 12 to 15 inches to the backrest of the chair, even if this means it is not exactly where your head is when listening.

The graphic to the right shows Audyssey's recommended mic placements for a typical room and seating arrangement. Always start with mic position 1 at the Main Listening Position and then use the 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc positions as shown, up to the maximum your version of Audyssey allows.

•Use only the microphone included with your AVR. If you cannot find it, contact the manufacturer for a replacement.
•Attach your microphone to a mic stand (preferably) or tripod.
•Take the measurements at ear height and with the mic facing the ceiling.
•Start the measurements from the primary listening location and spread out from there.
•Approximate distance from the first measurement position is 2 feet in any direction.
•Focus on the central listening area and avoid extreme positions such as the back wall or too far beyond the left and right speakers.

For more information about the graphic and mic placement in general, visit Audyssey's own guide to mic placement - linked below.

One more point about the Main Listening Position. If you are primarily interesting in getting the best result for just one seat (either because you are the only listener or you are the only listener who really cares about audio fidelity), then place the mic for position 1 at the centre of that seat. If, however, you wish to consider other seats, then place the mic in the centre of the listening area for position 1.

also before ear level ko tlga ni pplace ung mic.kaso sitting straight ako nun so mas mataas normally sa fronts ng tweeters ko..but now I used the height of the tweeters..I'll recalibrate once I get spike footers for fronts..

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2018 on: Apr 15, 2013 at 11:32 PM »
congrats disturbed :)
ninjababez online ..

Offline ≧◉◡◉≦xrampage≧◉◡◉≦

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2019 on: May 27, 2013 at 06:23 AM »
Magkano kaya locally ang Denon 4520CI?
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #2020 on: May 27, 2013 at 09:21 AM »
Magkano kaya locally ang Denon 4520CI?

149,999 SRP ;)

Offline Tsnad

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2021 on: May 27, 2013 at 09:31 AM »

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2022 on: May 27, 2013 at 01:40 PM »
149,999 SRP ;)

Puwede kayang kaya ni sister Louie yan.. Top of the Line denon amp.  Sa US naman $2499 ata. ;) ;)
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline defcon3

• Trade Count: (+79)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 22
« Reply #2023 on: May 31, 2013 at 02:30 PM »

less 100k dito sa disyerto :) :) :) :)

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2024 on: Jun 03, 2013 at 06:10 AM »

less 100k dito sa disyerto :) :) :) :)

99k kasi less 100k eh.  >:D >:D
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2025 on: Jun 04, 2013 at 08:14 PM »
Made in japan pa din ba ang mga denon amp na mga bago?

Nakita ko kasi sa pic ng Denin 4520 nakalagay made in japan.  :D :D

USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2026 on: Jun 04, 2013 at 10:34 PM »
yung mga high end bro AFAIK made in japan, parang sa tv lang.
« Last Edit: Jun 04, 2013 at 10:35 PM by ninjababez® »
ninjababez online ..

Offline baby_wilmar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2027 on: Jun 14, 2013 at 12:35 PM »
the price jump for DENON 3313 to the 4520 is huge. so theres no model to fill in that gap?
denon 1713 sale sa Listening room Megamall 14,995

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2028 on: Jun 14, 2013 at 11:31 PM »
denon 1713 sale sa Listening room Megamall 14,995
bro the question was a model in between DENON 3313 to the 4520, not under 3313 :)
ninjababez online ..

Offline baby_wilmar

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2029 on: Jun 20, 2013 at 08:33 AM »
bro the question was a model in between DENON 3313 to the 4520, not under 3313 :)

sorry bro nagkamali ako ng quote.

Offline mdman

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2030 on: Jun 23, 2013 at 05:44 PM »
Any denon 1713 users here. any feed back. Thinking of upgrading my old hk130. Matching it with my polk a3. Any thoughts? its on sale at 15k. Is this a good buy at 15k?

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2031 on: Jun 25, 2013 at 08:15 AM »
Any denon 1713 users here. any feed back. Thinking of upgrading my old hk130. Matching it with my polk a3. Any thoughts? its on sale at 15k. Is this a good buy at 15k?
sa technology panalo ka sa 1713, but coming from hk130 medyo bitin ang upgrade mo sa power.
best buy is above 19xx series :)
ninjababez online ..

Offline AppleMan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #2032 on: Jun 25, 2013 at 01:56 PM »
^_Denon Fanboy pa din si Brader Jammy.  :) :)
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2013 at 01:56 PM by china-man »
KEF Q100
NAD C326BEE

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2033 on: Jun 25, 2013 at 10:16 PM »
^_Denon Fanboy pa din si Brader Jammy.  :) :)
yessir mahirap i-deny kasi :D
ninjababez online ..

Offline batulao

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2034 on: Jul 02, 2013 at 09:06 AM »
Mga sir tanung lang po. Binebenta sakin ng kapatid ko yung denon 1312 niya at pure acoustic supernova 5 speaker galing DUBAI ng 15,000 lahat na. Last year niya lang nabili at bihira niyang magamit ksi pag nauwi lang siya ng pinas nagagamit..

Mura napo ba yun o mahal? Wala pa kasi ako ganong alam sa mga ht e.. sana po may makasagot.. salamat!

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2035 on: Jul 02, 2013 at 10:22 AM »
Mga sir tanung lang po. Binebenta sakin ng kapatid ko yung denon 1312 niya at pure acoustic supernova 5 speaker galing DUBAI ng 15,000 lahat na. Last year niya lang nabili at bihira niyang magamit ksi pag nauwi lang siya ng pinas nagagamit..

Mura napo ba yun o mahal? Wala pa kasi ako ganong alam sa mga ht e.. sana po may makasagot.. salamat!
mura na yan bro :)
ninjababez online ..

Offline batulao

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2036 on: Jul 02, 2013 at 11:38 AM »
Thanks sir.. maganda kaya siya kung 80% pang movie tapos 20% music? Wala kasi akong nakikitang review ng pure acoustic e.

Offline [r0n1n]

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #2037 on: Jul 06, 2013 at 10:55 PM »
Paradigm Studio 10 | Anthem MRX310 | Power Sound Audio XS30 | Mirage Prestige

Offline Philander

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2038 on: Jul 21, 2013 at 12:18 PM »

Up! Anyone. I just sold my Onkyo 313 and considering the Denon 1713 (or even the 1513). How the sound?

Offline [r0n1n]

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #2039 on: Jul 31, 2013 at 08:33 PM »
Sir Philander and mdman, wala pa atang owners of 1713 kase wala pang nagrereply e hehe, care to share yours if you have bought already? thanks :) Also, I've read that X1000 replaces the 1713 so you might also want to consider these. I haven't personally audition though. Hope this helps
Paradigm Studio 10 | Anthem MRX310 | Power Sound Audio XS30 | Mirage Prestige