Author Topic: Denon A/V Receivers  (Read 346117 times)

Offline 5Speed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • It's me..
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Denon A/V Receivers
« Reply #720 on: Dec 15, 2006 at 03:52 PM »
ano po ma recommend good speakers for 3806? tnx

nakows...... Denon 3806, ang daming speakers na pwede dyan....... mid level AVR na yan...

try a B&W, Missions, Mordaunt Short, JMLab, Kef,Aurus Cantum, Dali, Usher, Wharfs, Jamo, Tannoy etc.....

at kung nagtitipid ka eh pwede rin ang Daichi na Euros or yung Konzert o kaya eh BMB speakers sa raon...herherherherher

For your 3806, dami mong option, di mapili ng speakers ang Denon.... lets  your ears and wallet na lang ang magdecide kung ano talaga ang gusto or kaya mong bilihin.... ;)

sana meron din ako nyan......ganda na yan for music... (gusto nung tenga ko ang tunog ng Denon/Marantz eh.... tsaka yan lang (yung lower models, not the 3806 and above) ang kaya kong ma-afford dun sa mga wish list ko na gears....herherhereher)

« Last Edit: Dec 15, 2006 at 03:56 PM by 5Speed »

Offline tambutsoo

• Collector
  • YO Wazzup :)
  • Liked:
« Reply #721 on: Dec 15, 2006 at 05:40 PM »
tnx pare.

Offline 5Speed

• Collector
  • It's me..
  • Liked:
« Reply #722 on: Dec 15, 2006 at 05:55 PM »
tnx pare.

no prolemo pare....

mine was paired with Mission set of speakers....(see my setup at HT Gallery under my nickname)

We also tried B&W 6 series, Klipsch RB series and a Kef Q series with my Denon at bagay din.....depende talaga kung anong characteristics na tunog ang hanap mo......heck I even tried the speakers of my onkyo mini hifi at my room to the Denon, at ayush din......

Offline alexg

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #723 on: Dec 16, 2006 at 07:02 AM »
ano po ma recommend good speakers for 3806? tnx

Am using the Wharfedale Pacific Evo on my Denon, Evo 10 for front, Evo Center and Evo 8 for rears. Using this for both HT and audio, great sound.

You might also want to audition the Aurum Cantus from Audio Amplified.
I went fishing the other day, and I caught a BIG ONE!

Offline MILK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #724 on: Dec 18, 2006 at 01:45 PM »
hi, would you guys know if Denon AVR-2807 is available locally? and for how much? thanks! :)

Offline dannielsimone

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm NOT new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #725 on: Dec 29, 2006 at 11:57 PM »
milk .......i had a home demo today of the AVR- 2807....it is in my Ht at the moment.  It is priced at 66,000 but with discount they offer it for 59,400.  I just did a comparrison home demo with the Onkyo 803 which after discount is only 51,000.  I did the demo with the paradigm monitor 7.  Well read it for yourself and if you need any info just send me a message.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
am pretty tired as it has been a long long day but wanted to keep you updated in "real time".

As you know I am no Audiophile and would be hard pressed to find the vocabulary to compare the  products I am demoing  so please put up with my novice approach. 

Firstly.....a few hic ups today.  Not enough speaker wire in the truck.  They were to bring a spool but they only brought 20 meters when needing 25-30 . ...oh well.....

Bought some speaker brackets from perfect vision which would have been great....but the back of the atoms/titans are a polymer type resin not wood so to drill a hole was not recommended. The ADP 370 surround dipole was also of the same polymer substance on the back so again could not drill( and the bracket that the 370 comes with is not adjustable ...having said that... Never should have bought  brackets in the first place as Paradigm provides  a swivel bracket mount upon request for both the atom and the titan..DUH!    So no worries here.  Must  order them. Unfortunatley for me the Paradigm supplier is closed till Jan 2 or 3

Unwrap the Onkyo and the black one I ordered turned silver ....no biggy the demo will go on!!!!

Set up the speakers with the Atom as surrounds.  The titan is just a bit too big as I feared with my limited head room and space. 

Unwrapped the Denon  receiver and thought it looked great.  Powered it up and the sound was real clean with the few CD's I played..  At 110 watts per channel I  thought this baby was about to blow me out of the water but must say....it did not. ( These are CD's that I and family had listened to many a time for many a year.).  System sounded real good though. Went on to some movie clips to see how the surrounds would work and they did the trick.  Speakers and receiver seemed to go pretty well with each other. Played a live Rock concert on DVD which is crystal clear in respect to quality.   Like the 90 watt Denon I auditioned in the paradigm shop I slowly cranked it up to  full volume. Was really surprised when the volume indicator stopped moving.    I was looking for the additional 10 watts you had recommended to me before).  Must also say that on the highest volume the speakers seemed to break up...got  muddy...and I was huffing and puffing with what I hoped was Adrenalin.  Unfortunately the Adrenalin was really ....well......dissapointment.     My son looked at me and said....that didn't sound to good there dad.   Asked myself Why were the monitor 7's  whimpering out?

Decided to give the Onkyo a try.  As soon as I put on the same DVD at low levels I noticed a major difference in the body and tone of the music.  Raised the volume  higher and higher and as I did the smile on my face  got bigger and bigger. Cranked up the music to about 90% which was louder than the Denon at full volume and had no break up or muddy sound.  Clear as a bell it was. Cranked up the volume to full and it sounded real good.....no distortion at all.  Tossed on the "red hot Chili peppers live at Slain Castle and it was killer.   Wife and kids came right out and said the Onkyo was better for them.  In my opinuion it was also better for me...big time! Very different than the Denon...much more Alive and open....and more powerful to boot.  Proceeded to listen to the same CD's as before of Usher (to test the sub) some rock, and even some pop (Madonna for the wife) and it was all kick Asssss take no prisoners.   

Am happy with the Paradigm speakers and am pleased with the Onkyo.  The combo to "my ears" seems to be the "REAL DEAL"!

Onkyo 707
Wharefdale Diamond 9.6
Center 9 CM
Diamond 9.1
Mirage Omni s10

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #726 on: Dec 30, 2006 at 07:53 AM »
This for me is really the best way to make a decision on which gears suits you best in this hobby.  Congrats on getting a home demo.  I hope you get to set up your Onkyo and paradigm in time for New Year's celebration.  What a great way to end the year.  And  start the new one.  ;D  Happy listening and viewing on your new toys for 2007!!!! ;D

Offline YrNeH

• DVD Addict
  • Shalom! maging payapa...
  • Liked:
« Reply #727 on: Jan 03, 2007 at 10:43 PM »
tanong lang mga brod.  ano ang price range ng second hand AVR-3805 sa manila?

Offline danger_ahead123

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #728 on: Mar 16, 2007 at 02:36 PM »
mga sir question anu pong denon avr pwd dto sa speaker ko

1set jbl 6.1 system scs188
http://www.lumarc.pl/jbl-scs-188-p-716.html

paki indicate n din kung magkanu at san po pwd bilhin
tnx

Offline aligonzales

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #729 on: Mar 29, 2007 at 10:13 AM »
mga sir question anu pong denon avr pwd dto sa speaker ko

1set jbl 6.1 system scs188
http://www.lumarc.pl/jbl-scs-188-p-716.html

paki indicate n din kung magkanu at san po pwd bilhin
tnx

Harman Kardon and Denon Receivers are great to pair with your speakers. Visit Architectural Audio in Greenbelt 1. They have wide range of receivers I mentioned. From entry level to high end.

Offline Weng!

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • The Dude Formerly Known As GneW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 63
« Reply #730 on: Jun 15, 2007 at 09:18 AM »
mga denon gurus,

pwede na kaya ang denon 1907 (on sale ngayon) sa wharfe evo30, center, evo10 & evo8 speakers ko? 7.x lang muna plano ko at idagdag ko nalang ang .1 pag may pera na. the 1907 power ratings are all in 8 ohms. can this avr capable of powering all 7 speakers at 6 ohm at the same time without any heating/shutdown issues? pardon me if this has been answered before. i'll do my homework by reading back the pages.

thanks

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #731 on: Jun 15, 2007 at 03:14 PM »
Power rating is not the only thing to look at w/ receivers (they usually do not deliver their promised x7 specs anyway). The processor must be considered.

In my 2007 Denon Catalog, it says that the 1 series uses one xxx chip, the 2800 series to 4000 series uses one xxx chip but high grade. the higher flagship models uses 2-4 high grade chips. Almost the same goes for Yamaha, Onkyo, Harman, etc.

Wharf Evo are mid level speakers. IMO, wouldnt it be best to match it w/ its fellow mid level receiver?  to make it shine & maximize its potential? ;)

For me, I would consider using mid level receivers & entry level speakers, but mid level speakers & entry level AVR? I really dont think so.... its such a waste :D

Just my 2 cents.
« Last Edit: Jul 12, 2007 at 02:50 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline Weng!

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #732 on: Jun 16, 2007 at 01:39 AM »
thanks matz,

would the 2307 (the next model after 1907) match na kaya? hintayin ko muna at baka idag-dag nila to sa denon sale ;D

Offline acm2005

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #733 on: Jul 06, 2007 at 01:08 PM »
mga tol, ask ko lang sino na ba ang supplier ng denon?

Offline threadlock

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #734 on: Jul 06, 2007 at 03:33 PM »
sir acm2005,
LOTTEWORLD AUDIO VIDEO SYSTEMS, INC

Link: http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=67364.0
With too many options you could end up not choosing one

Offline acm2005

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #735 on: Jul 12, 2007 at 07:53 AM »
sir thank you, for the info! cnu ba may ari ng lotteworld?
i would to discuss sana sa kanya all about denon.

Offline threadlock

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #736 on: Jul 18, 2007 at 06:45 PM »
mga gurus, patulong naman po...
Ano kayang budget speaker ang match sa Denon 1507?

My Current setup:
Fronts - DTX SB 620 (Klipsch SB-2 equivalent)
Center - Wharfedale 9CM
Surround - Old Sony bookshelf
Sub - DTX 4.15 from groupbuy thread

I have read that BnW or Missions are good for Denons but they are way out of my budget since entry level setup lang naman ito.
Any recommendations?

TIA
With too many options you could end up not choosing one

Offline sanction214

• Collector
  • This is why we need Power line Conditioners!
  • Liked:
« Reply #737 on: Jul 18, 2007 at 07:39 PM »
i was wondering if somebody here could help me out how to figure out the Denon 1705 and paired with JBL scs type speakers...kinda rough on the edges with HT..still getting to know...
here it goes...i've shifted all the posibilities on which DSP the 1705 has in playing DVD movies...DSP>Mono>Rock>Jazz>Video Game>Matrix...still i dont like the feel of the sound...i tried pressing "Standard" on the remote and the LCD Display says> Dolby Digital, then on... i kinda like the surround effect...and LFE's although i was really puzzled as to why the movie dialogue reproduced in the center speaker is kinda stifled sounding or cannot be voiced out...parang sinasakal kumbaga and nagsasalita..errr. help anyone... ???

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #738 on: Jul 19, 2007 at 10:36 AM »
i was wondering if somebody here could help me out how to figure out the Denon 1705 and paired with JBL scs type speakers...kinda rough on the edges with HT..still getting to know...
here it goes...i've shifted all the posibilities on which DSP the 1705 has in playing DVD movies...DSP>Mono>Rock>Jazz>Video Game>Matrix...still i dont like the feel of the sound...i tried pressing "Standard" on the remote and the LCD Display says> Dolby Digital, then on... i kinda like the surround effect...and LFE's although i was really puzzled as to why the movie dialogue reproduced in the center speaker is kinda stifled sounding or cannot be voiced out...parang sinasakal kumbaga and nagsasalita..errr. help anyone... ???

I have a similar setup in my bedroom Denon 1705 & JBL SCS. All you have to do is to calibrate the center speaker louder than the rest. I had a similar experience w/ you after calibrating the setup, the center was too weak so I had to crank up the center channel to around +8, I think. I do not use the DSP's though.

Offline sanction214

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #739 on: Jul 19, 2007 at 08:03 PM »
gee thanks sir! i will check sa system set-up and crank up the volume for the center...do i have to change the D.Comp to HIGH?

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #740 on: Jul 20, 2007 at 09:52 AM »
Check it out na lang w/c ever sounds better for you. I think I set mine to normal, if I wanted dynamics, I watch in my main setup (the bedroom is my secondary).

Offline aligonzales

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #741 on: Jul 23, 2007 at 03:43 PM »
gee thanks sir! i will check sa system set-up and crank up the volume for the center...do i have to change the D.Comp to HIGH?

I suggest you use an SPL meter for calibration. Ideally, the output level for all speakers should be the same using a test tone. Better if you have calibration discs such as Digital Video Essentials. From my experience, Dolby Digital and DTS settings have slight difference in output. You will be surprised with how it sounds when its properly calibrated. Welcome to the world of HT!  ;D  For temporary solution, (mano mano... ) try playing test tones and listen to the output level of each speaker. Using your ears, make sure volume level is the same for each speaker. Adjust if necessary.

As for the D.COMP setting, this applies only for discs with Dolby Digital soundtracks. D.COMP is designed for night viewing. It reduces the loud sound effects and focuses on the vocals para hindi masyado nakakaistorbo sa kapitbahay when you watch movies like star wars, saving private ryan and the like. For normal viewing, turn D.COMP off. It really depends on how you want to experience movies on your Home Theater.

« Last Edit: Jul 23, 2007 at 03:55 PM by aligonzales »

Offline sanction214

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #742 on: Jul 24, 2007 at 01:49 PM »
I suggest you use an SPL meter for calibration. Ideally, the output level for all speakers should be the same using a test tone. Better if you have calibration discs such as Digital Video Essentials. From my experience, Dolby Digital and DTS settings have slight difference in output. You will be surprised with how it sounds when its properly calibrated. Welcome to the world of HT!  ;D  For temporary solution, (mano mano... ) try playing test tones and listen to the output level of each speaker. Using your ears, make sure volume level is the same for each speaker. Adjust if necessary.

As for the D.COMP setting, this applies only for discs with Dolby Digital soundtracks. D.COMP is designed for night viewing. It reduces the loud sound effects and focuses on the vocals para hindi masyado nakakaistorbo sa kapitbahay when you watch movies like star wars, saving private ryan and the like. For normal viewing, turn D.COMP off. It really depends on how you want to experience movies on your Home Theater.

i've tried sir matzer's info...i seem to get lost where to look for where to calibrate the +8..instead i cranked the center speaker by adjusting thru the distance like 4.0mm to 7.0mm hehe..still bitin..i will try again sa test tones...thanks sa info about D.Comp..huuu..complicado pala kapag nag upgrade ng bagong AV receiver...(i think an AVR and setting up an HT is one of the most elaborate and  complex idea ever conceived by man! which i have no reason to suspect otherwise...i've heard a B&W set-up...parang gusto ko na ring bumili ng bagong speakers...ano ba to!)tamad pa naman akong magbasa ng manual...although i appreciate the help i'm getting here...

Offline sanction214

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #743 on: Jul 31, 2007 at 05:10 PM »
got it all figured... thanks...its the dvd

Offline ert

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #744 on: Aug 03, 2007 at 04:06 PM »
does anyone know if 4308 is already here? please message me..thanks!

Offline blackie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ayun eh!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #745 on: Aug 12, 2007 at 08:50 AM »
forgot the name of the owner of lotteworld, he's usually in his shagri la shop though, got my 1707 there:)
Panasonic/Denon/Wharfedale/M&K/Pioneer

Offline audiojunkie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • >>|<< OB - Dipole Rules >>|<<
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #746 on: Aug 20, 2007 at 11:06 PM »

Check > audioreview.com for denon users reviews. I found some interesting problems and settings which helped me when I was setting-up my Denon AVR2802. Denon's center channel is quite weak so you have to adjust the vol. as Sir MatZTER adviced.
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline dyerds

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 45
« Reply #747 on: Aug 22, 2007 at 08:51 PM »
mga denon gurus,

pwede na kaya ang denon 1907 (on sale ngayon) sa wharfe evo30, center, evo10 & evo8 speakers ko? 7.x lang muna plano ko at idagdag ko nalang ang .1 pag may pera na. the 1907 power ratings are all in 8 ohms. can this avr capable of powering all 7 speakers at 6 ohm at the same time without any heating/shutdown issues? pardon me if this has been answered before. i'll do my homework by reading back the pages.

thanks

San po ba nyo nakita na sale to? Magkano po ba? I'm planning to pair it with my entry level Wharf 9.5.

Offline audiojunkie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • >>|<< OB - Dipole Rules >>|<<
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #748 on: Aug 22, 2007 at 09:18 PM »
mga denon gurus,

thanks

Denon's nominal impedance is 6 ohms. don't connect another set of speakers on A & B posts if it has. It can now serve for HT purpose, Be careful not to drive very hard, if you set the fronts to Large w/o sub.  :o
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline Weng!

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #749 on: Aug 23, 2007 at 04:20 AM »
Denon's nominal impedance is 6 ohms. don't connect another set of speakers on A & B posts if it has. It can now serve for HT purpose, Be careful not to drive very hard, if you set the fronts to Large w/o sub.  :o

thanks audiojunkie. meron na akong dtx from the groupbuy. kaso lang wala pa rin receiver, hintay o hanap pa ng kakayanin sa bulsa.

dyerds,

may sale noon sa lotteworld thread sa b&s section. kasali din sa sale ang mga dealers nila. entry level receivers lang ang naka sale. check with the shops if the sale is still ongoing.