Author Topic: Denon A/V Receivers  (Read 346392 times)

Offline Lancito

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Denon A/V Receivers
« Reply #810 on: Jan 07, 2008 at 11:56 PM »
Question for anyone willing to help.

Having difficulty properly calibrating my system.  Kindly check below settings and let me know if correct.

AVR 2808
Monitor Audio - BR2 fronts and BRLCR for center
Dai Ichi satellites for rear
Subs - Atlantic Technology T70PBM
Room size - 12 square meters
Distance of left, center, and right speaker from listening area - approx. 10 feet
Sound Level - LEFT and RIGHT speaker = +3db
                   Center speaker = +5db
                   Surrounds = 0db
Pioneer DVD383 - Dialogue set to MEDIUM (is this necessary if i want dialogues to be more audible?)

It is a bedroon with the bed against the rear wall.

Please let me know what I need to improve on.  I have a strong feeling there is a huge room for improvement if calibration is properly done.  I only used the Audessey once.  Parang mali mali lumabas sa auto calibration.

Thanks!

Are my settings correct?

Offline streetsmart

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life imitates movies ...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #811 on: Jan 08, 2008 at 07:45 AM »
Question for anyone willing to help.

Having difficulty properly calibrating my system.  Kindly check below settings and let me know if correct.

AVR 2808
Monitor Audio - BR2 fronts and BRLCR for center
Dai Ichi satellites for rear
Subs - Atlantic Technology T70PBM
Room size - 12 square meters
Distance of left, center, and right speaker from listening area - approx. 10 feet
Sound Level - LEFT and RIGHT speaker = +3db
                   Center speaker = +5db
                   Surrounds = 0db
Pioneer DVD383 - Dialogue set to MEDIUM (is this necessary if i want dialogues to be more audible?)

It is a bedroon with the bed against the rear wall.

Please let me know what I need to improve on.  I have a strong feeling there is a huge room for improvement if calibration is properly done.  I only used the Audessey once.  Parang mali mali lumabas sa auto calibration.

Thanks!

Are my settings correct?

It's impossible for anyone to say that your settings are correct. There are just too many variables.

Firstly, you should ensure that your speakers are optimally positioned. There are many articles which explain this. Some of the best articles can be found in the Audiholics website.

Once the speakers are properly positioned, you need to do the bass management. I would suggest that you designate all speakers as small. Crossovers will automatically be set at 80 hz.

Next, let Audyssey do its job. However, you need to know how to position the mike positions while using Audyssey. There is a thread at AVS Forum which provides a lot of tips on how to do this. There is also a very good FAQ at the Audyssey website. I would say that for your room, just make sure that you don't put the mikes too close to the wall. Position the mikes around the main listening position, but not too near the wall.

Regarding more audible dialogue, I would trust the Denon more than the Pio player. Just leave the Audyssey settings as is.

I hope this helps. Good luck!
No room acoustic treatment is like running a Ferrari on ice.

Offline Lancito

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #812 on: Jan 08, 2008 at 09:04 AM »
It's impossible for anyone to say that your settings are correct. There are just too many variables.

Firstly, you should ensure that your speakers are optimally positioned. There are many articles which explain this. Some of the best articles can be found in the Audiholics website.

Once the speakers are properly positioned, you need to do the bass management. I would suggest that you designate all speakers as small. Crossovers will automatically be set at 80 hz.

Next, let Audyssey do its job. However, you need to know how to position the mike positions while using Audyssey. There is a thread at AVS Forum which provides a lot of tips on how to do this. There is also a very good FAQ at the Audyssey website. I would say that for your room, just make sure that you don't put the mikes too close to the wall. Position the mikes around the main listening position, but not too near the wall.

Regarding more audible dialogue, I would trust the Denon more than the Pio player. Just leave the Audyssey settings as is.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Thanks Streetsmart!  IL try your suggestions later tonight.

One more thing, would you trust the Audyssey settings more than an SPL meter to calibrate your system?

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #813 on: Jan 08, 2008 at 10:48 AM »
Thanks Streetsmart!  IL try your suggestions later tonight.

One more thing, would you trust the Audyssey settings more than an SPL meter to calibrate your system?

I would trust Audyssey more, as long as you set it up correctly. I don't use my SPL meter anymore.

You will notice that even the actual distances from speaker to main listening position may be different from what Audyssyey indicates. Lalo na ang subwoofer. Dapat sundan mo pa rin ang Audyssey kasi may reason sya for that difference. Exception lang is if the difference is very big (like 1 foot vs. 10 feet) - in that case, ulitin mo ang Audyssey.

Audyssey is a very sophisticated system. It's not just the volume levels that it adjusts. It also equalizes the system. Makikita mo that there is a 9-band parametric equalizer sa Denon and that is adjusted according to the Audyssey calculation. Actually, the equalization by Audyssey is even more than 9 bands! Ang nakikita mo lang is what the Denon can show, but the reality is that Audyssey does a lot finer equalization than just 9 bands.

By the way, make sure that you use a tripod when doing the Audyssey calibration. It doesn't work properly without a tripod.

Good luck! :)

Offline Lancito

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #814 on: Jan 08, 2008 at 10:58 AM »
I would trust Audyssey more, as long as you set it up correctly. I don't use my SPL meter anymore.

You will notice that even the actual distances from speaker to main listening position may be different from what Audyssyey indicates. Lalo na ang subwoofer. Dapat sundan mo pa rin ang Audyssey kasi may reason sya for that difference. Exception lang is if the difference is very big (like 1 foot vs. 10 feet) - in that case, ulitin mo ang Audyssey.

Audyssey is a very sophisticated system. It's not just the volume levels that it adjusts. It also equalizes the system. Makikita mo that there is a 9-band parametric equalizer sa Denon and that is adjusted according to the Audyssey calculation. Actually, the equalization by Audyssey is even more than 9 bands! Ang nakikita mo lang is what the Denon can show, but the reality is that Audyssey does a lot finer equalization than just 9 bands.

By the way, make sure that you use a tripod when doing the Audyssey calibration. It doesn't work properly without a tripod.

Good luck! :)

Wow, im impressed!  You really know what you are talking about. 

I was even planning on getting a Radio Shack SPL meter this week.

Anyhow, last few questions lang if I may, my set up is in my bedroom since I do not have the luxury of having a separate A/V room.  This means that my viewing/listening position is on the bed with my head leaning against the wall.  In front of me around 10 feet away are the speakers and plasma.  My rear speakers are satellites from Dai Ichi which are around 3 feet away.

Dikit sa wall ang listening area ko. 

1.  Won't this cause an incorrect reading sa Audyssey since it is mentioned in the manual that the mic should be placed away from the wall?
2.  Listening area is primarily on a queen size bed.  Do I still need to make 6 listening positions when I only use 3 positions?

Thanks for the help!

Lance

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #815 on: Jan 08, 2008 at 11:11 AM »
Wow, im impressed!  You really know what you are talking about. 

I was even planning on getting a Radio Shack SPL meter this week.

Anyhow, last few questions lang if I may, my set up is in my bedroom since I do not have the luxury of having a separate A/V room.  This means that my viewing/listening position is on the bed with my head leaning against the wall.  In front of me around 10 feet away are the speakers and plasma.  My rear speakers are satellites from Dai Ichi which are around 3 feet away.

Dikit sa wall ang listening area ko. 

1.  Won't this cause an incorrect reading sa Audyssey since it is mentioned in the manual that the mic should be placed away from the wall?
2.  Listening area is primarily on a queen size bed.  Do I still need to make 6 listening positions when I only use 3 positions?

Thanks for the help!

Lance

Problema nga ang set-up mo. Audyssey will not work well kung dikit sa wall ang mike.

You will need to experiment. Personally, I would choose a "phantom" main listening position 3 feet from the wall and then do the calibration from there.

You will still need to do 6 mike positions. Kahit tabi lang and paligid ng 1st position. The measurement is more accurate with more mike positions. The 2808 can go up to 8 positions.

Offline Lancito

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #816 on: Jan 08, 2008 at 11:21 AM »
Problema nga ang set-up mo. Audyssey will not work well kung dikit sa wall ang mike.

You will need to experiment. Personally, I would choose a "phantom" main listening position 3 feet from the wall and then do the calibration from there.

You will still need to do 6 mike positions. Kahit tabi lang and paligid ng 1st position. The measurement is more accurate with more mike positions. The 2808 can go up to 8 positions.

I agree with you.  Ilalayo ko nalang yung set up microphone away from the wall when I calibrate.

Thanks a lot for the help Streetsmart!

Offline trackers888

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • PDVD Proud Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #817 on: Jan 08, 2008 at 02:56 PM »
I agree with you.  Ilalayo ko nalang yung set up microphone away from the wall when I calibrate.

Thanks a lot for the help Streetsmart!

And here it goes... another fellow Denon AVR2808 owner who assisted by master streetsmart ;D
Paano nalang kung wala ka?  :D
More power Bro!
7 Transistor AM Radio

Offline Lancito

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #818 on: Jan 08, 2008 at 03:00 PM »
During my lunch break, I used the Audyssey mic to re-calibrate my system.

I didn't follow all the settings like the front to LARGE since I am only using BR2 bookshelf speakers.  I did some minor tweaking on the sound level adjustments, crossover, distance, etc.  Noticed that the CENTER channel volume was way too low.  Had to increase it by +3db.  For the rest, it was ok.

Another question gurus, do I use the Audyssey equalizer?  Do I use Audessey flat?  Or I DO NOT USE the equalizer at all?  What's the best choice?

Thanks!

Offline trackers888

• Collector
  • PDVD Proud Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #819 on: Jan 08, 2008 at 09:04 PM »
During my lunch break, I used the Audyssey mic to re-calibrate my system.

I didn't follow all the settings like the front to LARGE since I am only using BR2 bookshelf speakers.  I did some minor tweaking on the sound level adjustments, crossover, distance, etc.  Noticed that the CENTER channel volume was way too low.  Had to increase it by +3db.  For the rest, it was ok.

Another question gurus, do I use the Audyssey equalizer?  Do I use Audessey flat?  Or I DO NOT USE the equalizer at all?  What's the best choice?

Thanks!

Sir nag Audyssey calibration din ako pero I haven't change anything after the test. So far kuntento naman ako sa result and I didn't use or adjust the equalizer. Audyssey did change it for me. If for any reason hindi na met ang gusto mo, maybe something wrong during the test or hindi lang siguro ako marunong makinig ng tama  :D :D :D
7 Transistor AM Radio

Offline Lancito

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #820 on: Jan 10, 2008 at 10:48 AM »
Sir nag Audyssey calibration din ako pero I haven't change anything after the test. So far kuntento naman ako sa result and I didn't use or adjust the equalizer. Audyssey did change it for me. If for any reason hindi na met ang gusto mo, maybe something wrong during the test or hindi lang siguro ako marunong makinig ng tama  :D :D :D

Thanks Trackers!  But doesn't it defeat the purpose of using the Audyssey mic if the equalizer will be set to off?  Kumbaga you will only be using the sound level, distance which you can use with an ordinary SPL meter.  Audysset kasi sets the equalizer for each speaker to properly blend in the with acoustics of the room.

Tama ba ako? ???

Offline Lancito

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #821 on: Jan 10, 2008 at 10:36 PM »
Somebody please help me. 

After performing the Audyssey auto set up, the room equalizer was automatically set to Audyssey MultiEQ.  I have options of changing it to Audyssey bypass L/R, Manual, or OFF.  What is best?  Opinions needed please.

I want the best from my system.  If no equalizer is best to hear pure direct from sources then so be it but opinions are highly appreciated.

Please let me know your settings para more or less can give me an idea on how to set my 2808.

Lance

Offline greenlight

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #822 on: Jan 15, 2008 at 12:29 PM »
Hi Guys,
I hope someone can help me out  ???.  I encountered a problem with my Denon AVR last month and I would like to know if the experts can give me suggestions on what to do.

My HT setup is already old but I still love it and I don't think I need to upgrade yet.  I have the 2802 which I bought 5 years ago but I think it is still very capable and suits my needs.  I have a 6.1 setup with Mirage speakers, Definitive Technology Subs, and a Pioneer DV-656 DVD Player.  My HT setup is five-years old but still packs a lot of oomph.  I plan to upgrade to an LCD monitor and replace my DVD player but I will still keep my Denon AVR.

Last month I was tinkering with the AVR as my family will be spending the new year at home.  I was preparing and checking my HT setup for the event.   I was trying different setups because I wanted to connect my iPods to the Denon AVR (and also my Amp which is connected to my ceiling speakers on the other rooms).  Everything was working fine.   The room was filled with beautiful sounds ;D.  Since I was already playing around with it, I also tested my SACDs, DVD-Audio and AIX CDs which I plan to demo to my family.  As I was winding down, satisfied, and packing up everything, we had a brown-out!! >:(  Initially, I thought that I was the cause of the brown-out because I was pulling out jacks at the back of the 2802 when the brown-out occurred.  But when I checked outside, I found out that the other houses in our village also had no power, so I guess, my tinkering with my AVR was not the cause.

It was night time so it was very dark when this happened.  After a few minutes, the power went back on.  I went back to what I was doing.  But before calling it a day, I decided to test my setup.    This was when I noticed that there was no sound coming out of the speakers anymore  ??? ???!!!  I tried the different sources (DVD, CD, iPOD) from the AVR but still no sound.  I tried to power off then on but still no sound.

My components are plugged into an AVR so I hoped that the power spike was absorbed by the AVR.

I then tried the System Setup of the AVR and went to the Setting the Channel Levels of the speakers.  Normally, I the AVR will produce sounds on the different speakers around the room but this time, no sound was heard.  Even from the Sub Woofer had no sound coming out of it.  :o

So I concluded that the problem was not from the source player of the AVR but the AVR itself.   It seems that my AVR does not output any sound anymore.

I also tried re-initializing the unit by holding the A and B speaker buttons at the front of the unit while pressing the Power-On button.  The front display flashed signifying that the unit has reset but still no sound!!

I tried connect my front speakers to my other amp and sound came out so I guess there is no problem with the speakers.

Lastly, I noticed that  "Digital" is blinking on the front panel whenever I tried to play the DVD.  I am using digital inputs from the DVD.  When I press the ANALOG button on the remote (to use the ANALOG output of the DVD player to the AVR), the blinking "DIGITAL" goes away and ANALOG is then displayed (and not blinking) but still no sound comes out of the speakers.  I have ANALOG connection between my DVD player and the AVR.

Do you have any suggestions that I can try before I send out my unit to the repair shop?  If I have no other option but to have this repaired by a professional, can you suggest which shop I can bring my Denon unit to?   I bought my 2802 at Electronics Depot five years ago.  I am not sure if they still carry the Denon brand.

Any help would be appreciated!!   I just bought new region 1 DVDs last month and I am dying to watch them.   Watching them on my regular DVD player attached to the TV is not as exciting as watching them on a full HT setup.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post  :)
« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2008 at 12:32 PM by greenlight »

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #823 on: Jan 15, 2008 at 01:56 PM »
My components are plugged into an AVR so I hoped that the power spike was absorbed by the AVR.

Automatic voltage regulators : regulate the voltage. What you had was a power surge & that can really damage gears instantly. most AVR's DO NOT have power surge protection.

I hope someone can help me out  ???.  I encountered a problem with my Denon AVR last month and I would like to know if the experts can give me suggestions on what to do.

Get a surge protector next time after you repair your Denon. Try Line conditioners, they have built in surge protection plus they improve your PQ & SQ. Try the affordable Bada line conditioner w/c has (modesty aside) more than proven its ability to so many of its users.

Offline blackie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ayun eh!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #824 on: Jan 16, 2008 at 07:19 AM »
Hey Greenlight!

No Problem with the long post.  If you notice a lot of the long posts here are very informative ;D.  What happened to your AVR is quite scary if you ask me :o.  Sights and Sounds at Shang I know is an official Denon dealer, not sure if they do repairs though. Good luck on getting your AVr fixed.

Cheers,

Blackie
Panasonic/Denon/Wharfedale/M&K/Pioneer

Offline greenlight

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #825 on: Jan 16, 2008 at 11:01 AM »
Thanks for your replies.    :D

So my AVR will be going to the repair shop.  I will call Sights and Sounds.   Thanks for the tip.

Regards   ;D

Offline Lancito

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #826 on: Jan 16, 2008 at 11:58 PM »
Any tips on how I can turn on/use/activate the AL24 Processing Plus on my 2808?  I don't know how to make it work.
« Last Edit: Jan 18, 2008 at 04:07 PM by Lancito »

Offline eksi

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • I'm Arsenal!
  • Liked:
« Reply #827 on: Jan 25, 2008 at 08:11 AM »
Question mga sir....

For normal cd players, sa'n mas prefer i-connect sa audio terminal ng Denon? digital (coax/optical) or analog (left and right terminal)?

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #828 on: Jan 25, 2008 at 10:09 AM »
Analog--> CDp decodes the music
Digital--> receiver decodes the music.

Depends on w/c is better

Offline eksi

• DVD Guru
  • I'm Arsenal!
  • Liked:
« Reply #829 on: Jan 25, 2008 at 02:48 PM »
thanks po... i will audition soon...

Offline Lancito

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
Are these settings ok?
« Reply #830 on: Jan 25, 2008 at 05:18 PM »
Denon AVR-2808

Fronts - BR2, (small) crossover set to 60hz.
Center - BRLCR, (small) crossover set to 80hz.
Rear - satellites (small) crossover set to 110hz.
LFE - 80Hz.

Should I make the BR2 crossover set to 80hz?

Offline AudioAmplified

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
Re: Are these settings ok?
« Reply #831 on: Jan 25, 2008 at 08:06 PM »
I think the settings should be based on your room dimension and listening distance.  Objective to to allow the sound to reach the listener simultaneously at the same levels.  The AV receiver usually comes with a set-up mic that will help you set it automatically. 

There is another way which uses a SPL meter.  The dealer you got the set from should have one of these.  :)

Offline eksi

• DVD Guru
  • I'm Arsenal!
  • Liked:
« Reply #832 on: Feb 02, 2008 at 07:41 PM »
guys, just want to share my latest denon experience.... i connected XBOX 360 to denon via analog terminal.... i played songs stored in ipod through 360 to test how it sounds and i found it better than sound of cd playing in dvd player connected via coax to denon.... i tried different surround modes including denon's DSP.... and i prefer dolby prologic II's sound above all.... i played movies stored in 360 as well as played 360 dvd games and found it superb also using said surround mode! Ayos!

Offline Weng!

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • The Dude Formerly Known As GneW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 63
« Reply #833 on: Feb 04, 2008 at 09:51 PM »
guys,

tanong lang po regarding sa settings using audyssey.

i've ran the auto test 3 times already and observed that the subwoofer attenuation is always set to -4.5db. ganito ba ang result sa test nyo? i always crank up the sub settings to +8 db manually after the test kasi yung orig setting ng audyssey ay hindi marinig ang LFE. sa latest test ko kanina, ang fronts ay naka set sa LARGE na. i tried switching between LARGE and SMALL but i've only heard minimal difference between the two.

below is my setup for your reference:
denon 2308
wharfedale evo30
wharfedale evo center
wharfedale evo10
dtx14.5 sub
25 sq mtr room

Offline Lancito

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #834 on: Feb 04, 2008 at 10:12 PM »
guys,

tanong lang po regarding sa settings using audyssey.

i've ran the auto test 3 times already and observed that the subwoofer attenuation is always set to -4.5db. ganito ba ang result sa test nyo? i always crank up the sub settings to +8 db manually after the test kasi yung orig setting ng audyssey ay hindi marinig ang LFE. sa latest test ko kanina, ang fronts ay naka set sa LARGE na. i tried switching between LARGE and SMALL but i've only heard minimal difference between the two.

below is my setup for your reference:
denon 2308
wharfedale evo30
wharfedale evo center
wharfedale evo10
dtx14.5 sub
25 sq mtr room

After finishing the Audyssey set up, set the subwoofer setting to 0 on the receiver.  Manually set the volume of your subs to 12 o'clock. Depending on taste or preference you can either increase volume or decrease volume using a dvd with good LFE which you are familiar with.  I suggest you set crossover to 80Hz on the receiver and set the crossover on the sub a bit below 80Hz...say 70Hz.

As for fronts, use small even if you are using floorstanders.  Set the crossover to 60Hz and 80Hz on your centers.  Try to experiment with your settings until you get the sound you like best.  Good luck.

Offline jeyps11_c

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
« Reply #835 on: Feb 05, 2008 at 04:34 AM »
Will definitely try the Audyssey set up.
Kasi ngayon hindi pa naka customized set up ang AVR ko.
Plan to have the speaker stands and sub first before doing the set up.
Home is where the Theater is!
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV

Offline Weng!

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #836 on: Feb 05, 2008 at 09:09 AM »
After finishing the Audyssey set up, set the subwoofer setting to 0 on the receiver.  Manually set the volume of your subs to 12 o'clock. Depending on taste or preference you can either increase volume or decrease volume using a dvd with good LFE which you are familiar with.  I suggest you set crossover to 80Hz on the receiver and set the crossover on the sub a bit below 80Hz...say 70Hz.

As for fronts, use small even if you are using floorstanders.  Set the crossover to 60Hz and 80Hz on your centers.  Try to experiment with your settings until you get the sound you like best.  Good luck.

thanks sa tip sir. tanong ko lang po sa mga may audyssey kung ganun ba rin ang calculated attenuation ng SUB after the test. di talaga tama ang -4.5db kasi wala ng marinig na LFE. my room is 25 sq mtr so dapat malakas ang setting ng sub. the rest of the speaker setup ay tama naman especially dun sa speaker distance, spot on talaga ang audyssey. btw, i did the test at midnight at walang outside noise na marinig sa tv room.

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #837 on: Feb 05, 2008 at 09:47 AM »
thanks sa tip sir. tanong ko lang po sa mga may audyssey kung ganun ba rin ang calculated attenuation ng SUB after the test. di talaga tama ang -4.5db kasi wala ng marinig na LFE. my room is 25 sq mtr so dapat malakas ang setting ng sub. the rest of the speaker setup ay tama naman especially dun sa speaker distance, spot on talaga ang audyssey. btw, i did the test at midnight at walang outside noise na marinig sa tv room.

How many locations do you use when you do the Audyssey set-up? Do you use a tripod or do you just hold the mic? Are the locations you select for the Audyssey set-up close to walls?

Typically, if you locate the mic too close to a wall, the mic reads a very strong bass and so it will lower the level of the sub.

In any case, there is no harm to increase the level of the sub after doing the Audyssey set-up.

Offline Lancito

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #838 on: Feb 05, 2008 at 10:48 AM »

I think it is normal that Audyssey calibrates the sub conservatively.  In my case, I also get a -4.5 db from Audyssey auto set up.  You just need to manually set it to zero from the OSD.  I do not have the technical explanations as to why is occurs but it is a typical setting that the audyssey makes on my system as well.  Don't panic.  Do your own tweaking and don't make a microphone dictate to you what sounds good and not.

Offline Weng!

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #839 on: Feb 05, 2008 at 11:25 PM »
How many locations do you use when you do the Audyssey set-up? Do you use a tripod or do you just hold the mic? Are the locations you select for the Audyssey set-up close to walls?

Typically, if you locate the mic too close to a wall, the mic reads a very strong bass and so it will lower the level of the sub.

In any case, there is no harm to increase the level of the sub after doing the Audyssey set-up.

hi streetsmart & lancito,

i tested 6 locations with the mic on a tripod. everything was followed from the manual. in fact i put the mic/tripod on the front part of the sofa so it will be away from the backrest.

what settings did u guys changed on the sub after the auto-test? 0db to me is still too low. my sub volume setting is at 12 o'clock and the crossover set to max as the AVR's sub crossover is set at 80hz. ok lang ba to? is it better to use the crossover of the 2308 rather than the DTX4.15's crossover? i haven't tried to increase the AVR x-over setting and control from the sub though. masubukan nga.