Author Topic: Denon A/V Receivers  (Read 346822 times)

Offline moks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Denon A/V Receivers
« Reply #990 on: Nov 19, 2008 at 05:34 PM »
Magkano kaya resale value ng Denon 3802? Gold color. Made in Japan.

Offline avshop

• Trade Count: (+151)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #991 on: Nov 20, 2008 at 12:28 PM »
we have the denon 2809 promo!!! selling it for only 60k this christmas season. :)

Offline dong

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #992 on: Nov 27, 2008 at 07:51 AM »

What is your exact address? ???

Offline avshop

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #993 on: Nov 27, 2008 at 09:16 AM »
What is your exact address? ???

unit 205 amaremca bldg. 107a kalayaan avenue, diliman, quezon city. just let me know a day in advance when you plan to go. or you can pick up the unit at my house in san lorenzo, village makati. :)

Offline disturbed

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #994 on: Nov 30, 2008 at 02:10 PM »
can anyone pm me the price of denon 1909?

Offline avshop

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #995 on: Nov 30, 2008 at 11:54 PM »
can anyone pm me the price of denon 1909?

sent you a pm. did you get it? :)

Offline disturbed

• DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
« Reply #996 on: Dec 02, 2008 at 11:06 AM »
yes sir I got it! thanks..na temp kasi ako sa Audyssey features..

Offline avshop

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #997 on: Dec 02, 2008 at 12:39 PM »
yes sir I got it! thanks..na temp kasi ako sa Audyssey features..

bili ka na! very good receiver. ganda ng sound! with 1 year local warranty. :)

Offline polgas

• Apprentice
  • Audiophile
  • Liked:
« Reply #998 on: Dec 03, 2008 at 09:59 PM »
Sir,

Pa-pm rin ako ng prices. Thanks.

Offline avshop

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #999 on: Dec 04, 2008 at 12:30 AM »
Sir,

Pa-pm rin ako ng prices. Thanks.

sent you pm. :)

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #1000 on: Dec 04, 2008 at 10:25 PM »
bili ka na! very good receiver. ganda ng sound! with 1 year local warranty. :)

yup, ganda talaga ... i've been using mine (1909) for a couple of months now, and i'm really amazed by the sound quality ... compared to my old AVR
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline moks

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1001 on: Dec 04, 2008 at 11:31 PM »
yup, ganda talaga ... i've been using mine (1909) for a couple of months now, and i'm really amazed by the sound quality ... compared to my old AVR

What is your old AVR?

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #1002 on: Dec 05, 2008 at 12:49 AM »
What is your old AVR?

Onkyo 601

Offline jojitv

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Into The Blu...
  • Liked:
« Reply #1003 on: Dec 05, 2008 at 06:03 AM »

+1. I'm also very happy with my 1909.
SARS!!!

Offline disturbed

• DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
« Reply #1004 on: Dec 06, 2008 at 03:42 PM »
sir ano po mga speakers gamit nyo sa denon 1909 nyo?bookshelves lang ba?kaya ba nila mg drive ng malaking speakers?

Offline jojitv

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Into The Blu...
  • Liked:
« Reply #1005 on: Dec 07, 2008 at 11:00 AM »
sir ano po mga speakers gamit nyo sa denon 1909 nyo?bookshelves lang ba?kaya ba nila mg drive ng malaking speakers?

I'm using floorstanders, Wharfedale 8.3. Kaya po nya yung malalaking speakers. Di ko lang sure kung ok sya sa mga 4ohm na speakers.
SARS!!!

Offline avshop

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1006 on: Dec 07, 2008 at 11:50 AM »
I'm using floorstanders, Wharfedale 8.3. Kaya po nya yung malalaking speakers. Di ko lang sure kung ok sya sa mga 4ohm na speakers.

it can also drive 4 ohm speakers.  send me a pm if you're interested in getting one. i can give you good deals on denon receivers. :)

Offline bongkers

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1007 on: Dec 08, 2008 at 10:27 PM »
mga sir feedback naman po on 1709 thanks

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #1008 on: Dec 11, 2008 at 03:17 PM »

I'm using Dali Concept 6 floor standers - kayang-kaya i-drive ;D

Offline jojitv

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Into The Blu...
  • Liked:
« Reply #1009 on: Dec 13, 2008 at 04:16 PM »
I just connected my BD player to my 1909 and when I play movies, the display shows that it's mulit-chan and the icons for the input only show 5.1? Is this normal or is there something wrong with my configuration? Thanks
SARS!!!

Offline avshop

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1010 on: Dec 13, 2008 at 04:53 PM »
I just connected my BD player to my 1909 and when I play movies, the display shows that it's mulit-chan and the icons for the input only show 5.1? Is this normal or is there something wrong with my configuration? Thanks

what are you using to play your movies? you have to set your player to output the HD audio in bitstream format not PCM. :)

Offline jojitv

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Into The Blu...
  • Liked:
« Reply #1011 on: Dec 13, 2008 at 07:38 PM »
what are you using to play your movies? you have to set your player to output the HD audio in bitstream format not PCM. :)

Got it. Thanks for the help marc. ;)
SARS!!!

Offline oneirogmophobic

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1012 on: Jan 19, 2009 at 11:57 AM »
Hi guys!

First of all, happy new year!  and gusto ko rin buhayin tong thread natatabunan na. hehe. anyway, i just want to say na like most of you, im very happy with my 1909.  Im very impressed with its ability to maintain the presence of the surround field especially after performing the audyssey calibration.  Although, the receiver's a bit safe compared to other receivers re the details, i prefer its subtlety when it comes to harsh sounds.  Lastly i love its dynamic volume and eq feature.  Dont have to rush to the remote to turn down the volume anymore when it comes to loud scenes in movies.

Have a question though regarding difference in volume level when accepting pcm from the source and when its the one decoding dd/dts.  As a dvd player, i use the Sony DAV-DZ270. Although its intended to be an htib, use as it as my dvd player connected via hdmi to the 1909. the problem is it has internal decoder and no capability to bitstream audio to the reciever.  Now, during playback ang lumalabas sa 1909 is multichannel pcm. I notice na compared to dvd's being played by ps3 (bitstream output via hdmi) mas mahina sound niya, sometimes i need to at least reach -5 to -10db para maging pasok ung volume level.  Using the same dvd, but with the ps3 this time, -25 ok na.  Is this normal? Or do i have to make some tweaks sa 1909? or is the difference due to the fact that when bitstreamed, the receiver does the decoding kaya mas maganda and mas malakas ang sound?

Last, what's the difference between configuring the sub to lfe vs. lfe + main.  Although i prefer 2 channel stereo when listening to music, parang bitin ako sa base. M using wharfes 9.1 kasi (though i really like them kasi medyo laid back ang tunog), so may i ask what's the best configuration to maximize the capability of each channel.  by the way, m using wharfe 9.1, 9cs, dfs and velo impact 10.  Thank you so much and a prosperous new year to all the members of pinoydvd. 

Offline streetsmart

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life imitates movies ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #1013 on: Jan 19, 2009 at 02:15 PM »
Have a question though regarding difference in volume level when accepting pcm from the source and when its the one decoding dd/dts.  As a dvd player, i use the Sony DAV-DZ270. Although its intended to be an htib, use as it as my dvd player connected via hdmi to the 1909. the problem is it has internal decoder and no capability to bitstream audio to the reciever.  Now, during playback ang lumalabas sa 1909 is multichannel pcm. I notice na compared to dvd's being played by ps3 (bitstream output via hdmi) mas mahina sound niya, sometimes i need to at least reach -5 to -10db para maging pasok ung volume level.  Using the same dvd, but with the ps3 this time, -25 ok na.  Is this normal? Or do i have to make some tweaks sa 1909? or is the difference due to the fact that when bitstreamed, the receiver does the decoding kaya mas maganda and mas malakas ang sound?

Last, what's the difference between configuring the sub to lfe vs. lfe + main.  Although i prefer 2 channel stereo when listening to music, parang bitin ako sa base. M using wharfes 9.1 kasi (though i really like them kasi medyo laid back ang tunog), so may i ask what's the best configuration to maximize the capability of each channel.  by the way, m using wharfe 9.1, 9cs, dfs and velo impact 10.  Thank you so much and a prosperous new year to all the members of pinoydvd. 

Re multi-channel input: In your system, there is clearly a difference in gain when using multi-channel vs. bitstream. I'm not sure why. Have you looked at the set-up menu of the dvd player and disabled its internal decoding, so that the AVR does the decoding?

Re sub: Firstly, set all speakers to small (no matter how big the speakers are) and set the crossover to the next step higher than what the AVR will recommend. This will cause frequencies below the crossover point to be redirected to the sub, which is a much better reproducer of bass.

Next, use LFE, not LFE+Main. LFE+Main will cause the redirected bass to be output by both the sub and speakers designated as "Large," thus doubling the bass output (not good).

No room acoustic treatment is like running a Ferrari on ice.

Offline eksi

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • I'm Arsenal!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1014 on: Jan 19, 2009 at 02:25 PM »

Bro, pag nag 2 channel stereo kayo when listening to music, naka-on ba ang sub nyo?

Offline markcrenz

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #1015 on: Jan 19, 2009 at 03:02 PM »
Bro, pag nag 2 channel stereo kayo when listening to music, naka-on ba ang sub nyo?

its best to use sub when using small bookshelf speakers since small speakers can't usually reproduce frequencies below 50hz. that way your bookshelves won't distort when low frequency signals are present in the music. for example a bass guitar played with the uppermost string (E) generates approximately 40hz, and if your bookshelf has a frequency response of 60hz-20khz you can barely hear this note. it is also a good idea to set the sub filter of your amp/processor equal or higher than the low frequency response of the satellites.
Sent from my Pentium 166MMX using PS/2 keyboard

Offline jojitv

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Into The Blu...
  • Liked:
« Reply #1016 on: Jan 19, 2009 at 03:06 PM »

Depends on the type of music I'm listening to. :) But normally I leave it off.
SARS!!!

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1017 on: Jan 19, 2009 at 05:50 PM »
Depends on the type of music I'm listening to. :) But normally I leave it off.

No matter what kind of music you listen to, it's obviously best to hear the full frequency range. That is best achieved with a combination of your main speakers + the sub (which you achieve by designating your speakers as "Small"). The split of the frequencies is determined by the crossover frequency that you set. This applies even more so to movies.

Even if you have full-range speakers, they cannot really reproduce very deep and accurate bass. Furthermore, if you let the sub handle the low frequencies, you will have more headroom for your main speakers and they will sound better. Hindi mahihirapan ang speaker and amp.

My main speakers are pretty big and can go down to below 40 hz but the system sounds much better if I set the speakers as "Small" and let the sub handle the lower frequencies. Currently, my crossover is at 100 hz (!) and the sound is pretty good.  :)

Offline oneirogmophobic

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1018 on: Jan 19, 2009 at 06:17 PM »
thank you for the comments. they're very informative.  my crossover frequency for the fronts are set to 80, what should be the appropriate crossover for the sub? thanks. al try to tweak the receiver later.

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1019 on: Jan 19, 2009 at 06:34 PM »
thank you for the comments. they're very informative.  my crossover frequency for the fronts are set to 80, what should be the appropriate crossover for the sub? thanks. al try to tweak the receiver later.

The sub doesn't really have a crossover, even if the Denon menu says it has one. It has a Low-Pass Filter (LPF) for the LFE channel. Always set that to 120 hz.

Take note that the bass from the LFE channel is totally different from the redirected bass coming from the other speakers. Just make sure that all speakers are set to "Small". An 80 hz crossover is a good starting point. Depending on the sub, you could go even a little higher.