Author Topic: 70's and 80's Teenybopper Films  (Read 1933 times)

Offline butsoy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
70's and 80's Teenybopper Films
« on: Aug 24, 2006 at 06:09 PM »
Let us recall some of the Best and the Cutest 70's and 80's teenybopper movies..

I love..

Snooky and Albert's.. - Bata Pa Si Sabel and No Other Love

Maricel and William's - Galawgaw

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: 70's and 80's Teenybopper Films
« Reply #1 on: Aug 25, 2006 at 08:42 AM »
Nothing can touch the PJ Abellana - Leni Santos starrer The Punks. Imagine a bunch of "misfits" and "punks" practicing jazz numbers for school presentation and listening to pop and jazz while trying to affect that rebel punk attitude. It's miraculous how Santos and Abellana survived the 80s without being hit with a baseball bat by the punks they sought to "imitate."

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Aug 25, 2006 at 12:18 PM »
UNDERAGE is a guilty pleasure. Every shot and angle is like a postcard but has intelligence, sense and style. Even the villains look wonderful on the screen.

Ishmael Bernal's THE GRADUATES is my personal fave, paints a poignant picture of life after college. No leftover character, although marketed as a smorgasboard flick, it didn't found its audience when it was released in 1986.
« Last Edit: Aug 25, 2006 at 12:25 PM by keating »

Offline marj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Aug 28, 2006 at 03:00 AM »
I remember Orlando Nadres' attempt at an original movie musical.  If am not mistaken, the title was NORA, MAHAL KITA starring, of course, Nora Aunor and Tirso Cruz III with songs composed by Danny Subido.

Anybody has a copy?

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Aug 30, 2006 at 07:19 PM »
Since the songs of the Apo Hiking Society was being discussed on the music thread, I can't help but laugh and amuse to discover their song BATANG BATA KA PA  being played in the background in Joey Gosiengfiao's BLUE JEANS.

Mary Walter during her heyday was hilarious as the senior GRO. LOL!  ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 30, 2006 at 07:45 PM by keating »

Offline pinoymovies

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Oct 30, 2006 at 11:08 PM »
I remember Orlando Nadres' attempt at an original movie musical.  If am not mistaken, the title was NORA, MAHAL KITA starring, of course, Nora Aunor and Tirso Cruz III with songs composed by Danny Subido.

Anybody has a copy?

There's an article and a movie review of Nora Mahal Kita posted at the link below. The tagalog songs were composed by Levi Celerio according to the article:

http://filmography.nora-icon.com/films/film_home.php?film_id=49

Were any of the Lea Production movies ever release on videos? If they were, I'm hopeful Jojo will find a copy one of these days.  ;)